Why no visors on the suits?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Why no visors on the suits?

You would think suits designed for working in space, would have some sort of "Visor" or Shaded glass in the eye piece area for when working in space/around bright lights.. Would that have helped out Parks?

Originally posted by garhkal View Post
    You would think suits designed for working in space, would have some sort of "Visor" or Shaded glass in the eye piece area for when working in space/around bright lights.. Would that have helped out Parks?
    It's possible they have some sort of light filter... but she was staring into a blue supergiant. As they dived inside of it. I don't think that's something you can just filter out.
    Click the banner or episode links to visit the virtual continuations of Stargate!
    Previous Episode: 11x03 "Shore Leave" | Previous Episode: 6x04 "Nightfall" | Now Airing: 3x06 "Eldest"

Comment

I suspect that it is something she would look into later...

regards,
      G.
      Go for Marty...

Comment

Originally posted by garhkal View Post
        I was thinking the same thing, the only explanation I can think of is that the suits do have some sort of eye protection like visors but Park was just unable to access the control to activate it, or manually lower it since she was too busy holding on for her life.

Comment

Originally posted by erotavlas View Post
          I was thinking the same thing, the only explanation I can think of is that the suits do have some sort of eye protection like visors but Park was just unable to access the control to activate it, or manually lower it since she was too busy holding on for her life.
          Well, she is a self-admitted "expert" on those suits, so if she forgot about a visor then that would be silly. And the Ancients being the Ancients, I'm thinking there'd be some kind of automatic filter which would activate, if no manual visor.

I'm going with the situation being too much for the design specs of the equipment.

regards,
          G.
          Go for Marty...

Comment

Maybe she panicked when the dome was breached? I mean put yourself in her shoes, she was under a lot of stress you can see that in her face when she was submerged in the water and the water started to boil, then the dome was breached and venting atmo she was hysterical trying to hang on for dear life, she didnt think fast enough to activate the visor. She thought she was gonna get cooked, visor was the least of her worries. Hopefully will find out next episode.
            Last edited by LordRush; 03 May 2011, 08:52 PM.
            sigpic
            LordRush - "Battle stations!" "Marines, Kree!"

Comment

Originally posted by Gollumpus View Post
              I suspect that it is something she would look into later...

regards,
              G.
              Pun intended?

Comment

Originally posted by LordRush View Post
                Maybe she panicked when the dome was breached? I mean put yourself in her shoes, she was under a lot of stress you can see that in her face when she was submerged in the water and the water started to boil, then the dome was breached and venting atmo she was hysterical trying to hang on for dear life, she didnt think fast enough to activate the visor. Hopefully will find out next episode.
                Well, she was in control of herself to remember to mag her boots to the side of the water tank, so I think putting down a visor would have been something pretty obvious for her to do. And her hands were free to use. It was the mag boots her in place.

Your comment about the look on her face is perhaps the real answer here. If there was a visor, we could not see her face at that crucial moment.

regards,
                G.
                Go for Marty...

Comment

Originally posted by Shylodog View Post
                  Pun intended?
                  What, a pun from me? NEVER!

regards,
                  G.
                  Go for Marty...

Comment

i presume there is a small visor shield for filtering. but i believe that Destiny was unable to filter all EM, so why would her visor be capable of it?

Comment

Like I said in the general discussion thread, these suits may just be intended for deep space work only. Destiny only ever comes close to a star when it is recharging and that's usually not a good time for a spacewalk.

Comment

Originally posted by ZoSo View Post
                        Like I said in the general discussion thread, these suits may just be intended for deep space work only. Destiny only ever comes close to a star when it is recharging and that's usually not a good time for a spacewalk.
                        But what about situations that involve emergency space walks close to the sun? All possible contingencies should be covered, I'd say.

Comment

Originally posted by blazingfire View Post
                          But what about situations that involve emergency space walks close to the sun? All possible contingencies should be covered, I'd say.
                          Meh, they'd probably do them at night...

regards,
                          G.
                          Go for Marty...

Comment

The sga model has a visor so maybe the crew hasn't figured out how to turn it on
                            https://twitter.com/#!/Solar_wind84

Comment

It was the light that blinded her. Not EM or other radiation. If that was the case she would have been cooked alive. Ever sat in a car sitting in the sun?

Comment

Working...
                              X