PDA

View Full Version : End scene with the Command ship

garhkal
May 3rd, 2011, 06:33 PM
Was anyone else brought back to S2 SG1 with the Thor's Chariot episode, when the Drone command ship came in over the city... much like how "Thor's Chariot' showed up??

morbosfist
May 3rd, 2011, 06:39 PM
It's a comparison that has been made. The command ship pulls off a darker version. The red is a nice contrast to the white, heroic Asgard version.

garhkal
May 3rd, 2011, 07:27 PM
That's what i thought.. before i saw this mentioned twice elsewhere..

Krisz
May 3rd, 2011, 08:16 PM
I was thinking, here comes an 'Independence Day' moment!!! :D

spaceship
May 3rd, 2011, 08:19 PM
I was wondering what the ship was waiting for? SHouldn't it have blanketed the area with fire from orbit as soon as it detected the active gate?

LordRush
May 3rd, 2011, 08:28 PM
The look on Greer's, Young's, and Varro's faces when the command ship slowly lurked its way through the evening fog was priceless! It was as OH S***! To the gate!:D

Cold Fuzz
May 3rd, 2011, 08:30 PM
The look on Greer's, Young's, and Varro's faces when the command ship slowly lurked its way through the evening fog was priceless! It was as OH S***! To the gate!:D

That descent through the atmosphere definitely gave the audience an idea as to the ship's daunting size.

Gollumpus
May 3rd, 2011, 08:31 PM
I was thinking "Close Encounters of the Third Kind".

regards,
G.

themeatcleaver
May 3rd, 2011, 08:32 PM
i'm also honestly wondering if those command ships aren't actually manned by someone/something. The behavior of that ship just didn't seem very... AI-like... to me. Then again, maybe i'm just hoping for something sinister :)

LordRush
May 3rd, 2011, 08:39 PM
i'm also honestly wondering if those command ships aren't actually manned by someone/something. The behavior of that ship just didn't seem very... AI-like... to me. Then again, maybe i'm just hoping for something sinister :)

The way it behaved was very creepy! As if it was watching them, studying them, trying to figure out what makes the humans tick! It does feel like something else is going on, some scheming or calculating perhaps? Maybe another weakness was found?

Gollumpus
May 3rd, 2011, 08:43 PM
I was wondering what the ship was waiting for? SHouldn't it have blanketed the area with fire from orbit as soon as it detected the active gate?

Yeah, that kind of bugged me.

regards,
G.

Shylodog
May 3rd, 2011, 08:49 PM
The way it behaved was very creepy! As if it was watching them, studying them, trying to figure out what makes the humans tick! It does feel like something else is going on, some scheming or calculating perhaps? Maybe another weakness was found?

I totally got the same vibe. Like it was staring at them, rather than scanning for them.

Cold Fuzz
May 3rd, 2011, 09:55 PM
I totally got the same vibe. Like it was staring at them, rather than scanning for them.

Though we may never find out, it could be that the command ships and drones may be sentient to a small degree. It's doubtful with the programming built into the drones but it's possible.

thekillman
May 3rd, 2011, 10:17 PM
can't we deduct from this that the activation of a stargate is a much larger event in subspace? it couldn't pinpoint the position of the stargate because the emissions aren't in EM but in subspace.

and yes i did get that vibe, but it looked far more sinister now. loved that little touch :D

Solokiller
May 4th, 2011, 06:29 AM
I thought it was about to launch a city-destroying attack, hence why everybody double-timed it back to the gate.

Azriel
May 4th, 2011, 06:46 AM

The Command Ships are unarmed aren't they? Though obviously we don't know that for sure but we've never seen one fire on Destiny.

Rylor
May 4th, 2011, 06:48 AM
I thought it was about to launch a city-destroying attack, hence why everybody double-timed it back to the gate.

Yeah, I got the same impression. Damn scary :eek:

Shylodog
May 4th, 2011, 06:49 AM
The Command Ships are unarmed aren't they? Though obviously we don't know that for sure but we've never seen one fire on Destiny.

Unarmed in the sense of having guns, I would say maybe. But since the drones themselves are projectiles launched from the CS's, technically I would call them armed.

Ser Scot A Ellison
May 4th, 2011, 07:06 AM
The manner of the attacks by the drones are odd if their goal is genocide against their enemies. Small ships chipping away at larger targets. No big guns to deliever knockout punches. I wonder what we don't know and whether we will find out more? Even the attack on the undeveloped Novus colony world wasn't catastophic. They just took out the tech and left.

I hope we learn more before the end.

Trinary
May 4th, 2011, 08:03 AM
Probably it's not related, had anyone ever notice the drone hardly attack the shuttle seriously except when it was in a close proximity with the destiny?

Retro_Invasion
May 4th, 2011, 08:39 AM
The manner of the attacks by the drones are odd if their goal is genocide against their enemies. Small ships chipping away at larger targets. No big guns to deliever knockout punches.

Interesting, maybe it was something to do with the nature of the original enemy they were to fight. The drones are small so they can go into tunnels (for example).

knowles2
May 4th, 2011, 08:53 AM
The drones are certainly a enigma.

I like the possibility that the command ships are unarmed and specifically design to command drones and build replacements and ferry them from one battle to the next.

Through I am not certain Rush and Eli learnt there true goals either. The one thing we do know is that Ursini thought there were only a handful of vessels out there and now suddenly there enough vessels to block of every single one of destiny stargates and petrol stations. They are certainly persistence little buggers.
Through one would have thought bring someone like Sam Carter and Rodney aboard to come up with a way to jammed the subspace signal permanently given there experience with the replicators.

Also the crew do not seem to have done much to examine the drone they capture, it seem to exact for my liking, would like to have seen it on the floor in pieces being examine one component at a time.
Something I notice in the last episode was that Destiny shields did seem to hold up better than there last encounter with the drones, and that despite there power reserves being lower.

morbosfist
May 4th, 2011, 09:23 AM
Destiny never fought the drones long enough in either episode for them to do any significant damage.

themeatcleaver
May 4th, 2011, 10:25 AM
i'd like to think that the command ship is flown by Zombie Apophis :)

Choo1701
May 4th, 2011, 12:16 PM

Well i hope it doesn't stare all the time. It could be quite off putting in some situations.

Other than the whole, "you shall not pass, eat, drink, re-fuel, or be able to do anything" situation ... ....

Shylodog
May 4th, 2011, 03:06 PM
Well i hope it doesn't stare all the time. It could be quite off putting in some situations.

Other than the whole, "you shall not pass, eat, drink, re-fuel, or be able to do anything" situation ... ....

Great. Command Ships channeling Gandalf. That's all we need. :(

garhkal
May 4th, 2011, 03:11 PM

Perhaps the command ships Don't have weaponry of their own..

Interesting, maybe it was something to do with the nature of the original enemy they were to fight. The drones are small so they can go into tunnels (for example).

Only the smaller ones.. not the 2 mid size/large ones..