End scene with the Command ship

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

End scene with the Command ship

Was anyone else brought back to S2 SG1 with the Thor's Chariot episode, when the Drone command ship came in over the city... much like how "Thor's Chariot' showed up??

It's a comparison that has been made. The command ship pulls off a darker version. The red is a nice contrast to the white, heroic Asgard version.

Comment

That's what i thought.. before i saw this mentioned twice elsewhere..

Comment

I was thinking, here comes an 'Independence Day' moment!!!

Comment

I was wondering what the ship was waiting for? SHouldn't it have blanketed the area with fire from orbit as soon as it detected the active gate?

Comment

The look on Greer's, Young's, and Varro's faces when the command ship slowly lurked its way through the evening fog was priceless! It was as OH S***! To the gate!
            sigpic
            LordRush - "Battle stations!" "Marines, Kree!"

Comment

Originally posted by LordRush View Post
              The look on Greer's, Young's, and Varro's faces when the command ship slowly lurked its way through the evening fog was priceless! It was as OH S***! To the gate!
              That descent through the atmosphere definitely gave the audience an idea as to the ship's daunting size.
              sigpic

Comment

I was thinking "Close Encounters of the Third Kind".

regards,
                G.
                Go for Marty...

Comment

i'm also honestly wondering if those command ships aren't actually manned by someone/something. The behavior of that ship just didn't seem very... AI-like... to me. Then again, maybe i'm just hoping for something sinister

Comment

Originally posted by themeatcleaver View Post
                    i'm also honestly wondering if those command ships aren't actually manned by someone/something. The behavior of that ship just didn't seem very... AI-like... to me. Then again, maybe i'm just hoping for something sinister
                    The way it behaved was very creepy! As if it was watching them, studying them, trying to figure out what makes the humans tick! It does feel like something else is going on, some scheming or calculating perhaps? Maybe another weakness was found?
                    sigpic
                    LordRush - "Battle stations!" "Marines, Kree!"

Comment

Originally posted by spaceship View Post
                      I was wondering what the ship was waiting for? SHouldn't it have blanketed the area with fire from orbit as soon as it detected the active gate?
                      Yeah, that kind of bugged me.

regards,
                      G.
                      Go for Marty...

Comment

Originally posted by LordRush View Post
                        The way it behaved was very creepy! As if it was watching them, studying them, trying to figure out what makes the humans tick! It does feel like something else is going on, some scheming or calculating perhaps? Maybe another weakness was found?
                        I totally got the same vibe. Like it was staring at them, rather than scanning for them.

Comment

Originally posted by Shylodog View Post
                          I totally got the same vibe. Like it was staring at them, rather than scanning for them.
                          Though we may never find out, it could be that the command ships and drones may be sentient to a small degree. It's doubtful with the programming built into the drones but it's possible.
                          sigpic

Comment

can't we deduct from this that the activation of a stargate is a much larger event in subspace? it couldn't pinpoint the position of the stargate because the emissions aren't in EM but in subspace.

and yes i did get that vibe, but it looked far more sinister now. loved that little touch

Comment

I thought it was about to launch a city-destroying attack, hence why everybody double-timed it back to the gate.

Comment

Working...
                              X