PDA

View Full Version : The Tales of Dunk and Egg appreciation/discussion thread

Randy_Watson
May 3rd, 2011, 09:57 AM
I finally got Warriors and have been finishing up the final installment of Dunk and Egg. What do you guys think of these shorts?

I have really enjoyed all three, especially the graphic novel's of the first two. I hope we get this latest one in that format as well at some point.

I love that Ser Duncan the Tall was mentioned by Nan in the show. :)

The Mighty 6 platoon
May 3rd, 2011, 12:45 PM
Yeah it was a nice touch to have that little nod in the show.

GRRM has said he has some ideas for future Dunk and Egg stories, so fingers crossed. :D

Ser Scot A Ellison
May 3rd, 2011, 12:53 PM
Randy,

I finally got Warriors and have been finishing up the final installment of Dunk and Egg. What do you guys think of these shorts?

I have really enjoyed all three, especially the graphic novel's of the first two. I hope we get this latest one in that format as well at some point.

I love that Ser Duncan the Tall was mentioned by Nan in the show. :)

This isn't the final story. There will be more probably leading up to whatever the hell happened at Summerhall.

Randy_Watson
May 3rd, 2011, 06:54 PM
Oh good, I thought it was meant as a trilogy. Has he ever said if he'll release them together?

(and on a side note, does anybody recommend any of the other short stories from Legends/Warriors)

Ser Scot A Ellison
May 4th, 2011, 05:42 AM
Randy,

Yes, when he's written a few more stories he plans to release those produced thus far in a single book.

Randy_Watson
May 4th, 2011, 04:31 PM
Thanks Ser Scot.

I, don't mind having all these books on my shelf, but a nice tight compilation will be good.