The Tales of Dunk and Egg appreciation/discussion thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The Tales of Dunk and Egg appreciation/discussion thread

I finally got Warriors and have been finishing up the final installment of Dunk and Egg. What do you guys think of these shorts?

I have really enjoyed all three, especially the graphic novel's of the first two. I hope we get this latest one in that format as well at some point.

I love that Ser Duncan the Tall was mentioned by Nan in the show.

Yeah it was a nice touch to have that little nod in the show.

GRRM has said he has some ideas for future Dunk and Egg stories, so fingers crossed.

Comment

Randy,

Originally posted by Randy_Watson View Post
      I finally got Warriors and have been finishing up the final installment of Dunk and Egg. What do you guys think of these shorts?

I have really enjoyed all three, especially the graphic novel's of the first two. I hope we get this latest one in that format as well at some point.

I love that Ser Duncan the Tall was mentioned by Nan in the show.
      This isn't the final story. There will be more probably leading up to whatever the hell happened at Summerhall.
      All plot and no character makes for a dull story... All plot and no character makes for a dull story... All plot and no character makes for a dull story... All plot and no character makes for a dull story...

"Scott isn't out. Actually, he'll probably soon get back in, then out, then in, then out, then in, with rhythm and stamina." reddevil 4/22/2010

Comment

Oh good, I thought it was meant as a trilogy. Has he ever said if he'll release them together?

(and on a side note, does anybody recommend any of the other short stories from Legends/Warriors)

Comment

Randy,

Yes, when he's written a few more stories he plans to release those produced thus far in a single book.
          All plot and no character makes for a dull story... All plot and no character makes for a dull story... All plot and no character makes for a dull story... All plot and no character makes for a dull story...

"Scott isn't out. Actually, he'll probably soon get back in, then out, then in, then out, then in, with rhythm and stamina." reddevil 4/22/2010

Comment

Thanks Ser Scot.

I, don't mind having all these books on my shelf, but a nice tight compilation will be good.

Comment

Working...
            X