Big mistake from the writers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Big mistake from the writers

They say in this episode the planet got wiped out by the drones but if so then why haven't other planets such as Novus been previously wiped out by the drones the Novians had used the stargate all the time in fact the Noviuns we find in common decent say they have never even seen the drones before well they give you that idea, in a gateworld podcasts they mention that destiny woke up the drones but if that is true then why is this planet wiped out IT MAKES NO SENSE
    Last edited by tomaso88; 02 May 2011, 11:59 PM.

Who said using the gate is what attracted them?

Comment

They did in the show, a few times.

Comment

They say the gate is what attracts them to technology in common decent and in this episode.

Comment

Originally posted by tomaso88 View Post
          They say in this episode the planet got wiped out by the drones but if so then why haven't other planets such as Novus been previously wiped out by the drones the Novians had used the stargate all the time in fact the Noviuns we find in common decent say they have never even seen the drones before well they give you that idea, in a gateworld podcasts they mention that destiny woke up the drones but if that is true then why is this planet wiped out IT MAKES NO SENCE
          *Sense.

And, yeah, well, whatever.
          ~ When life gives you lemons, don't make lemonade. Make life take back the lemons back! Get mad! I don't want your damn lemons! What am I supposed to do with these? Demand to see life's manager! Make life rue the day it thought it could give Cave Johnson lemons! Do you know who I am? I'm the man who's gonna burn your house down! WITH THE LEMONS! I'm gonna get my engineers to invent a combustible lemon that BURNS YOUR HOUSE DOWN! ~

~ Burning people! He says what we're all thinking! ~

Comment

Originally posted by tomaso88 View Post
            They say in this episode the planet got wiped out by the drones but if so then why haven't other planets such as Novus been previously wiped out by the drones the Novians had used the stargate all the time in fact the Noviuns we find in common decent say they have never even seen the drones before well they give you that idea, in a gateworld podcasts they mention that destiny woke up the drones but if that is true then why is this planet wiped out IT MAKES NO SENSE
            the city could have been wiped out years ago and then the drones went to sleep until they were woken up by Destiny.

Comment

Originally posted by escyos View Post
              the city could have been wiped out years ago and then the drones went to sleep until they were woken up by Destiny.
              Thats true I guess we won't know that for sure until we find out why they went to sleep but it then raises the question of why they never attacked Novus unless they were made after Novus evacuated I can't remember specifically if they say when the drones were made. So you could be on to something their.

Comment

That's a pretty good explanation. The drones didn't get there until after everyone left Novus.

Comment

I don't think it was particularly clear how long NovuPittsburgh had been abandoned. Certainly the newspaper hadn't even yellowed yet, and it didn't look like nature had reclaimed the city to me.

But the awakening of the Drones, as far as we've seen was in Resurgence. By my estimate that was about two and a half months ago. Enough time to gather dust and start looking desolate, IMO.
                  "A society grows great when old men plant trees, the shade of which they know they will never sit in. Good people do things for other people. That's it, the end." -- Penelope Wilton in Ricky Gervais's After Life

Comment

Originally posted by Flibby View Post
                    They did in the show, a few times.
                    No, they said the gate activations do attract them now that they're chasing Destiny, but there's no indication that it was the gate that attracted them to planet Pittsburgh.

Comment

Originally posted by KEK View Post
                      No, they said the gate activations do attract them now that they're chasing Destiny, but there's no indication that it was the gate that attracted them to planet Pittsburgh.
                      They are probably attracted to kawooshes, radio transmissions, and hyperspace jumps.

Comment

They're attracted to technology in general.

And then they blow it up.

It's quite possible that they were dormant, then the Ursini accidentaly woke the drones up ( poor buggers.. ) and fought a war with them, at the end of which Destiny showed up. Pittsburghplanet may have been on the edge of droney space, or at least in the general vicinity of the area they dwell in, causing it to be destroyed a few years ago during the Ursini-drone war, whereas Novus and most of it's colonies, a bit beyond the edge of dronespace were never destroyed.

Perhaps the planet is pretty far from dronespace, but the drones came upon Pittsburgh by accident, or by chasing Ursini ships etc.

Perhaps Novus is harder to reach for the drones. The blackhole that approached Novus might possibly disrupt their ( subspace ) sensors, preventing them from picking up on the tech and gatetravel.

There are many possibilities why Novus was never attacked

Comment

No it's the subspace beacons that allow gates that are close together to connect to each other. So they have to be in a close distance to pick it up. I remember them saying something about it. Or am I incorrect about this?

Comment

Originally posted by actuallyliam View Post
                            No it's the subspace beacons that allow gates that are close together to connect to each other. So they have to be in a close distance to pick it up. I remember them saying something about it. Or am I incorrect about this?
                            Correct

Comment

actuall they said the drones can't pick up on those subspace beacons, because those are "several thousand times fainter than the event caused by an active wormhole", like Eli said in Common Descent. If they could pick up on the beacons, the drones would go for planets with gates, regardless of wether the gate was activated or not. They are drawn to the subspace event of an active wormhole. If you use a gate near the drones, they'll be drawn to it like [insert proper bug comparison].

Comment

Working...
                              X