PDA

View Full Version : This is the kind of episode season 1 needed

tomaso88
May 2nd, 2011, 10:56 PM
I got to say if season 1 had episodes like this it would have been way cooler. In my opinion if they had done this episode like a season 1 episode it would have just been like they go in the sun the others go on the planet and some one gets their foot stuck on the planet and their not sure if they can make it to the gate on time. Thats how boring I felt season 1 episode were but this, this would have been awesome for season 1 this had action, drama, it was intense and it was more thrilling then most season 1 episodes.

Also just a small side question?
Do they have to go in the sun to power up couldn't of they just skimmed the sun to power up?

morrismike
May 3rd, 2011, 03:05 AM
many here would say the current episodes are not as good as season 1 (I'm not one of those)

It's never been established if the collectors are actually collecting stellar matter or they are tapping into some massive energy flux (like a current transformer).

The Destiny
May 3rd, 2011, 03:21 AM
I think many can agree half of season 2 should've been transplanted into season 1 ( episodes such as trial and error, the greater good, malice, resurgence, deliverance, common descent, epilogue and blockade ).

But 20/20 hindsight. I enjoyed season 1 regardless. Especially the first half of season because of the atmosphere. It felt entirely distant, ancient and alien, it was perfect to me. The music, oh, the glorious music. Bits like the last minute of 'Justice' when Rush is left behind.. the way they did those scenes.. I can just watch those forever without getting bored. Or the entire scored part of 'light', the cave sequences in 'time', senator armstrongs sacrifice in 'Air II' , the ticking timer at the end of 'Air III'. The music brought it to life. I could almost be made to believe it was real.

kellx
May 3rd, 2011, 09:23 AM
I enjoyed season 1 very much but season 2 has been so amazing. I think that if we had episodes like "blockade" "the hunt" "twin destinies" during the first 10 episodes... The ratings would have been way higher. I did like 1.0 but 1.5 and on has been a whole different ball game. The crew is finally working together and getting along like the SG teams we have seen it the past. I feel like they are finally getting to the classic SG style stories and team work but It just took too long to get there... The kind of "team spirit" that SG1 and SGA had is what makes the show great. We dont want to hate the characters, we want to see them step up and save the day. Eli and rush working together to save the ship... great stuff! That should have happened way sooner than the end of season 2. Scott and Greer taking on the drone and Young stepping in! AWESOME. I have liked young but that was the first moment in the series when i saw young as an equal to O'Neil or Sheppard. It definitely makes the story better to see them at their worst and truly come together... It makes episodes like "blockade" that much better. Its a shame we will not get to see where they would go from here.

garhkal
May 3rd, 2011, 06:14 PM
Add in another voice for it would have been great to have some of these types of episodes in S1..

Gollumpus
May 3rd, 2011, 08:49 PM
Whether season one or two episodes are "better" is a matter of opinion. However, I suspect that some more episodes like what we've seen in the last half of this season would have likely have resulted in the show still being in production.

regards,
D.

tomaso88
May 3rd, 2011, 09:41 PM
This is just my personal opinion I can understand if people disagree people have different taste

Gollumpus
May 3rd, 2011, 09:53 PM
This is just my personal opinion I can understand if people disagree people have different taste

I suspect that you are somewhat right, more episodes similar to what we've seen of late, in season one could well have saved this show.

regards,
G.