Now I am really, really sad...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Now I am really, really sad...

Yeah, I know, its over-- get a life, lol...

I have enjoyed SGU since the beginning but I gotta say the last couple of episodes have really kicked it up. I guess better to end good than get so super lame that you give on it but, seriously, what a huge bummer.

JUst venting....

We're getting like one of these every week. I see about a dozen comments in other forums saying the same thing. It's sad that the sense of actual unity and positivity about the show has only come about now it's getting cancelled.
    ~ When life gives you lemons, don't make lemonade. Make life take back the lemons back! Get mad! I don't want your damn lemons! What am I supposed to do with these? Demand to see life's manager! Make life rue the day it thought it could give Cave Johnson lemons! Do you know who I am? I'm the man who's gonna burn your house down! WITH THE LEMONS! I'm gonna get my engineers to invent a combustible lemon that BURNS YOUR HOUSE DOWN! ~

~ Burning people! He says what we're all thinking! ~

Comment

I'm just sad the finale seems to be focusing on
      Spoiler:
      drones

I would prefer a story dealing with destiny's mission, but maybe when the series reboots.

Comment

Originally posted by Paladine View Post
        I'm just sad the finale seems to be focusing on
        Spoiler:
        drones

I would prefer a story dealing with destiny's mission, but maybe when the series reboots.
        I like the
        Spoiler:
        drone
        story line.

Comment

Franklin was very correct in Trial and Error. One threat passed--the Smurfs--only to have a much worse threat coming at Destiny--the drones. It would've been nice to see the Smurfs go at the drones some more but I think the Smurfs know they're heavily outmatched by the sheer numbers of drones and command ships.
          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by MattSilver 3k View Post
            We're getting like one of these every week. I see about a dozen comments in other forums saying the same thing. It's sad that the sense of actual unity and positivity about the show has only come about now it's getting cancelled.
            I agree. I think it's really the writing that killed it back in season 1. I and many others never really got into the show until the second season. I still watched all of season 1, but I didn't enjoy it very much, and by season 2 it was too late.

Comment

Originally posted by MattSilver 3k View Post
              Thats because Season 1 was such a departure. I didn't really like it, stuck with it, was rewarded with these masterpieces. And I re-watched some early season 1 recently, liked it better the 2nd time through.

Comment

Oh I know why it happened, I'm just musing. I mean, even some the haters of early season one who love the show now can probably admit that if it wasn't for a few choice very character-y moments in the episodes early on, some of their liking for the show now would be gone. Even if they didn't realise it happened that way, it still did. Hmm.
                ~ When life gives you lemons, don't make lemonade. Make life take back the lemons back! Get mad! I don't want your damn lemons! What am I supposed to do with these? Demand to see life's manager! Make life rue the day it thought it could give Cave Johnson lemons! Do you know who I am? I'm the man who's gonna burn your house down! WITH THE LEMONS! I'm gonna get my engineers to invent a combustible lemon that BURNS YOUR HOUSE DOWN! ~

~ Burning people! He says what we're all thinking! ~

Comment

Originally posted by ZoSo View Post
                  I agree. I think it's really the writing that killed it back in season 1. I and many others never really got into the show until the second season. I still watched all of season 1, but I didn't enjoy it very much, and by season 2 it was too late.
                  I love Season 1 as much as I love Season 2.

Comment

Season 2 is just outstanding. If only only shows were renewed based on quality.

Comment

Originally posted by Replicator Todd View Post
                      Season 2 is just outstanding. If only only shows were renewed based on quality.
                      What is quality to you is garbage to others
                      Originally posted by aretood2
                      Jelgate is right

Comment

Originally posted by ZoSo View Post
                        If that's the logic we're going with then SG-1 should have been screwed seeing as it really didn't get moving until the last three episodes of Season 1. The difference there is that it had a network that was willing to stick with it and marketed it past its premiere.

Comment

Originally posted by jelgate View Post
                          Then I must have a VERY different idea of quality, because 95% of what is on TV is garbage too me.

@SupremeLegate
                          Apogee Institute
                          Council

Congito, ergo sum - congito

Comment

Ego Deserdi Universum.....

Comment

Originally posted by jelgate View Post
                              And yet, one man's trash is another man's treasure...

Comment

Working...
                              X