Drones

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Drones

I know we've had threads devoted to Drones before but considering this is a new episode i figured it wouldn't hurt, considering it gave us even more questions. Or at least it left me with quite a few. For instance...

(a) who built them?
    (b) how many command ships are there?
    (c) was this their original purpose?
    (d) just how far and wide do they reach? We had thought we left them behind. Now we figure/know they tracked us to where we are now. It seems though they would have been in this region of space prior to our arrival given the condition of the planet we found...
    (e) How is it that the home world of Novus went undetected if a less advanced colony such as this 1 drew their attention?

Also, they seem to know a lot about Destiny. Even if they ascertained that it recharged in a star in their first encounter how would they know to single out that specific type of star when blockading us?

Or am i thinking too much...? :-p

Novus went dark 30 years prior. This world had an active Stargate only a few years ago.

Comment

Okay - so then the Drones have only been around within the past 30 years? I mean i guess that would be the assumption. It definitely seems as if these people were wiped out some time ago or at least prior to Destiny venturing through this region of space. There isn't a way to know for sure though :-/

And if they were "here" first (where we, Destiny, are now) what brought them all the out to where we first encountered them? I'm definitely confusing myself BTW, as points in space are too hard to keep track off. They should provide us with a big map of where we've been and where we're going. Never mind the fact that space is 3 dimensional...

Comment

Drones: what the borg should have been.
        https://twitter.com/#!/Solar_wind84

Comment

The drones, like any good automated weapon, would have one directive. Destroy, move on. Considering this, it's probable they just moved ahead from the Ursini, catching up to Novus space within the last few years. The Teneran colony wasn't pumping out enough EM to be a target, but a 21st century city like the colony in this episode would make a tempting target. Novus was already dead of EM, so no signal to attract them.

Comment

I love the Drones, they are like the SGU version of Replicators. Space Replicators..or something.

But I honestly think the question of who built them and why will never be answered. Even if SGU wasn't cancelled I believe there would be many questions that would never be answered by the writers on purpose. As Destiny and its crew would be the focus.

Comment

Originally posted by Replicator Todd View Post
              But I honestly think the question of who built them and why will never be answered. Even if SGU wasn't cancelled I believe there would be many questions that would never be answered by the writers on purpose. As Destiny and its crew would be the focus.
              Just like who and what created Eden.

Comment

Originally posted by General Jumper One View Post
                Just like who and what created Eden.
                Right exactly!

Comment

I think JM promised to answer all our questions once it's all over, so we may still get an answer, although I doubt it'll be very interesting out of context.

Comment

Its possible that the Ursini know more about them and if we ever run into them they will tell us more.

Comment

All the ursini are dead sad day for anyone who likes aliens when a race is wiped out. But yah I’ve been thinking the same thing over the past few days, why didn’t the constant gate activity on Novus draw the drones? I guess it’s just going to be another one of these things that we will have to spend allot of time debating so we (the fans not the writers, I think it’s safe to assume that we won’t be getting much more info out of them) can all reach a conclusion that suits the story while not breaking any major rules.
                      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by goga View Post
                        Its possible that the Ursini know more about them and if we ever run into them they will tell us more.
                        dead all dead
                        https://twitter.com/#!/Solar_wind84

Comment

Originally posted by Crias View Post
                          All the ursini are dead sad day for anyone who likes aliens when a race is wiped out. But yah I’ve been thinking the same thing over the past few days, why didn’t the constant gate activity on Novus draw the drones? I guess it’s just going to be another one of these things that we will have to spend allot of time debating so we (the fans not the writers, I think it’s safe to assume that we won’t be getting much more info out of them) can all reach a conclusion that suits the story while not breaking any major rules.
                          As far as we know, the drones weren't around that area until Destiny brought them.

Comment

Originally posted by Flibby View Post
                            As far as we know, the drones weren't around that area until Destiny brought them.
                            But they said in this episode that the planet had been devoid of life for years, and we know the Drones wiped out the inhabitants because of the newspaper. So Destiny did NOT bring these drones here. Of course this is contrary to what Rush insisted in Common Descent, so a plot hole has been detected moving into this system.

Comment

Hopefully there's more to this than we know that will explain it in the next episode.

Comment

Working...
                              X