PDA

View Full Version : BSG Season Finale (SPOILERS)

SaberBlade
January 24th, 2005, 12:59 PM
well i didn't want to put this in the same thread the US thread due to spoilers but holy crap, what an ending!

i really didn't see that coming. i had always thought that Boomer would decide to follow her human programming and become loyal to the Galactica but was i wrong. i expected Boomer to reveal she was a cylon but shoot Adama, i did not see that coming

i guess i could be right about Boomer about becoming loyal to the Galactica, its just a different Boomer.

can anyone confirm if a second season is being done? that would be the worst ending (next to S:A&B) if it ended like that

VirtualCLD
January 24th, 2005, 01:25 PM
Wait, you had the season one series finale already?!?! (Says the idiot from the US) Was teh series finale "Kobol's Last Gleaming?" That's only episodes 12 and 13 (if you count it in two parts). Does that mean Season 1 is only 13 episodes long?

Dotus5
January 24th, 2005, 01:34 PM
Is it the end of the series or season? The way the thread title is worded, your saying it is the end of the series. Just pointing it out.

SaberBlade
January 24th, 2005, 01:34 PM
well some say series and some say season so sorry for any confusion (just edited thread title)

series/season 1 is only 13 episodes and ended tonight with Kobols last gleaming part 2

Dotus5
January 24th, 2005, 01:40 PM
It didn't matter to me, I really don't care for the new one. Just couldn't get into it. Liked the original better. It would just suck for those who do like it if it was only one season.

D.C.
January 24th, 2005, 01:55 PM
They've been picked up for six additional episodes, that order will most likely increase like the first season.

blufeenix
January 24th, 2005, 01:56 PM
Holy crap that was dam good.

I just hope you guys in the US enjoy it as much as I did I need season 2 I'm getting withdrawel symptoms allreadys

I'm gonna go watch the mini for about the 50th time.

D.C.
January 24th, 2005, 02:03 PM
I can't wait for this show. We've been getting trailers and previews for over a month now adveritsing Battlestar Galactica.

Matt G
January 24th, 2005, 03:21 PM
That was like Spoilers ahead 'F-k off! They did not just take out Adama' It was a pretty mad ep all things considered anyway!

Taonas
January 24th, 2005, 04:44 PM
Me kinda confused, can someone tell me exactly what happened?

Madeleine
January 24th, 2005, 11:03 PM
What happenned in the ep? Okay.

Adama told Roslin that he was aresting her for sending a military ship (Starbuck's raider) on an unauthorised mission. He sent a team including Tigh and Apollo to C1 and she was arrested, but not before Apollo had pointed a gun at Tigh and tried to prevent the arrest. He got arrested too. He was taken to the bridge, where adama totally ignored him.

Starbuck got the arrow, got into a fight with a Six, and killed the Six (I think). Helo found her. She saw Boomer and got really freaked. Helo stopped her from shooting Boomer cos that Boomer is pregnant.

Boomer-On-Galactica was sent with a nuke into the big Cylon ship. She saw lots more Boomers, and freaked too. She successfully blew up the ship and was hailed on her return as a hero, but as Adama shook her hand she shot him twice. Tigh and Comms Lady and apollo rushed to him... and as they stood holding him the flippin' series ended. Booo!

IMForeman
January 25th, 2005, 12:45 AM
I think Geyda is a Cylon... he did something to Boomer right before she shot Adama. He held out his hand and did something sudden and quick just below camera. I think he's a Cylon...

-IMF

dee3p
January 25th, 2005, 01:07 AM
What happened was that she was really trying to be good, almost forgetting that she was a cylon. Thats why boomer actually blew up the base star, but what happened was that the other boomers on the base star died and transfered their consiciousness to boomer, who becomes evil-cylon again and boom!
I love the characters in this show!!!

shovar
January 25th, 2005, 01:20 AM
i can't believe what happened, they can't leave it like that, do the people on kobol get rescued, does starbuck, helo and the pregnant boomer get back to galatica? do they find earth, is adama dead? what will they do to the boomer on galatica? will roslin be freed as adama has been shot? will tigh be in command? what is the new people according to six telling gaius? what was in the crib? is it the baby from the pregnant boomer? will starbuck actually kill the pregnant boomer or will helo stop her? i just need to know, will there be more episodes as they can't leave it there as there are loads of loose threads in the series! i just can't belive that adama is dead, even though i don't think that they should have arrested roslin as she did not give the order, she just told starbuck that adama was lying about earth and starbuck decided to go to caprica, i just don't see the BSG series ending on that!

Bub-bub
January 25th, 2005, 01:25 AM
Oh
My
Lord! :eek:

What can you say? Apart from 'renew this... NOW!!!'

No 'official' word has come down the pike yet about getting a 2nd season. Six new scripts have been asked for but as to whether they'll get filmed or no depends on Sky/Sci-fi saying 'yes'.

Even so - the numbers are looking mighty fine, so I'd say that before 2005 is out we'll find out whether Helo gets off Caprica, the President make it to the elections and whether Apollo is going to be an orphan.

Possibly the finest SF I have seen since the glory days of Babylon 5!

Terok
January 25th, 2005, 01:30 AM
Talk about a fantastic cliffhanger, that one left me stunned as I really didn't see it coming. Amazing end to a amazing season.

What happened was that she was really trying to be good, almost forgetting that she was a cylon. Thats why boomer actually blew up the base star, but what happened was that the other boomers on the base star died and transfered their consiciousness to boomer, who becomes evil-cylon again and boom!
That's an interesting point, but if the Cylon Boomer's can transfer their conciousness over to another Boomer, why didn't the Cylon's on Caprica just kill a few of their Boomers to take over Caprica-Boomer when she went awol with Helo.

shovar
January 25th, 2005, 01:52 AM
probably because they didn't know that that would work, i thought that they could only transfer their consciousness to the empty shells of human/cylons. I think that boomer finally realised that she was a cylon so she decided to do what she was created to do-kill that evil adama!-according to the cylons. also i think that the gaius thing is very weird with six. is he going to do something with the cylons because that is just strange! and how is boomker pregnant, i didn't see anything going on with helo and boomer on caprica unless i missed it!

GateGipsy
January 25th, 2005, 02:26 AM
wow. oh. my. gosh. wow. I cannot believe that's how they ended it!

For those that asked - BSG wasn't done as a traditional series, but as an opening 'movie' and two mini-series. These make up the 13 episodes we've seen here in the UK.

What happened to safe, predictable American TV??!?!?! BSG has been just a whole series of WOW I can't believe they did that moments. I did not expect that ending at all.

No, I don't think they transferred those Boomers on the space station to Galactica Boomer. Rather it was a matter of her programming - as Six said, she would do what she'd been programmed to do, regardless of what she wanted or felt.

The interesting thing is with Caprica-Boomer. She was programmed as a sleeper, so presumably she has no programming to adhere to. She's more of a free agent.

Viper1234
January 25th, 2005, 02:41 AM
All I can say is.............oh.........my............god. I'm a US'er but I just watched the last episode. BSG is hands down the best television I've seen regardless of genre......eclipsing even "Lost" in my book. If season two can hold up to season one, this show will have eclipsed just about everything in terms of story.

The ending episode is mind bending, with an ending that positively was NOT expected. The ratings are the highest sci-fi has ever had (bsg beat both sg-1 AND Atlantis on the US side), and the critics have been pretty uniform in their praise.........and now.........this. wow.

GateGipsy
January 25th, 2005, 03:27 AM
I just can't believe that he can be dead. Not that I can see how he survived. But he can't be dead! How can they kill off Adama?!?!?!

dove0709
January 25th, 2005, 04:39 AM
OMG I am still in shock! I soooo was not expecting that ending .......my chin hit the floor. I have been really impressed with the show, they MUST make a second series. Early viewing figures from the US look good so fingers crossed. BSG makes SG1 look like it well past it sell by date :D .

Bub-bub
January 25th, 2005, 05:55 AM
I just can't believe that he can be dead. Not that I can see how he survived. But he can't be dead! How can they kill off Adama?!?!?!

Agreed, they can't kill off Adama... EJO puts in a storming performance each time you see him as Adama but we'll have to see how the contract negotiations go... if they get a second season that is! :p

Mind you - what with Rosslin and her terminal cancer... does this mean that we'll only get to see Mary McDonnell for only part of a second series?! I hope not as she is another of the greatest characters this show has to offer...

As for Adama - I would think that if the medics got to him in time and if the surgery was immediate and successful... he could have a fighting chance. Emphasis on the word 'could'! :eek:

Sorry - medicine is not my area of expertise! :(

Markey2
January 25th, 2005, 07:42 AM
Oh My God! What an episode, it all comes to a climax I don't know how they fitted it all in but they did and the pacing was perfect!

What an ending but since no. 6 said something along the lines of: "She's a weak model, but always gets the job done" in a previous episode - I've had that in my mind, just didn't think the "job" would be shooting Adama! They can't kill him off though, he holds the show together well. I loved the frantic phone call between Billy and comms lady and Lee rebelling and Starbuck finding Helo and heck I loved all of it!! :D This beats quite possible all other season finales for cliffhanger wow factor, maybe even Alias' season 1.

I think the coolest thing about this episode was the sheer number of shots and maybe even that last shot, the light shining through the blood on the command table and everyone being there with him and Lee being there and not being able to help.

This show keeps taking my breath away and they had better renew it for another season because no series can end like that. Wow.

Terok
January 25th, 2005, 08:21 AM
Agreed, they can't kill off Adama... EJO puts in a storming performance each time you see him as Adama but we'll have to see how the contract negotiations go... if they get a second season that is! :p
I really hope they don't kill Adama off, can’t imagine the show without him. Like you said EJO gives a brilliant performance portraying Adama, and I've heard that he’s been very impressed with the writing on the show so would most likely sign up to a second season if they wanted him. I don't know how he'll survive, because those shots he received seemed pretty fatal and he'd lost a huge amount of blood. That and the fact that most of the crew were stood there in shock (and not getting him immediate medical attention), I think he needs a miracle from the Lords of Kobal.

GateGipsy
January 25th, 2005, 08:28 AM
To be fair though, we only saw what the first thirty seconds, maybe sixty seconds of what happened after Sharon pulled the trigger. Tigh was desperately trying to stem the blood flow with pressure from his hands. Everyone was yelling - we don't know what, but presumably 'medical emergency, team to command stat' was amongst there. It would probably take a good two minutes at least for the medical crew to get there.

He looked like a goner though.

Brassguy
January 25th, 2005, 05:45 PM
I just saw it. Great season finale.

I'm fromthe US.

I still don't get why UKers call seasons "Series" It makes no sense to us Americans. If you call a season series, what do you call a series? No one has answered this stilll for me.......

Grr the ending got spoiled for me - some inconsiderate person spoiled it in a BSG thread on a diff board without warning or any spoiler things.

I bet USA willl get the next batch on episodes before the UK. It was just like a trial thing.

NBC must see that with all the people who downloaded it from the UK that coudln't wait (thousands upon thousands) and the huge ratings it is getting, that they should release it here first.

Wasn't the mini-series released here first?

ShadowMaat
January 25th, 2005, 08:45 PM
My reaction? AAAAAUUUUUUGGGGGGHHHHHHHH!!!!!!

Since the thread title clearly says SPOILERS and clearly says it's about the BSG finale, I'll forego the spoiler tags. If anyone feels I should add them, I'll be happy to edit them in.

Stargate's PTB should take note (again). THAT, my friends, is how you do a season finale! Especially if the show's future is at all uncertain. Of course, it's a cinch for full renewal, but the show's producers didn't necessarily know that at the time, right?

Wow. I'd seen the pics on Gateworld, so I knew sorta what was going to happen, but that last bit still made me jump.

I have to say, I've really gone off President Roslin in this finale. I think she VASTLY overstepped her bounds in regards to Starbuck and her manic obsession with fulfilling the prophecy is a little disturbing. I wouldn't be at all surprised to find out that someone has been manipulating her and arranging things so that she believes she IS the one foretold in prophecy. I'm highly skeptical of the whole thing.

As for Adama, no way he's dead, but dang, that's a great shock ending. :) Methinks Apollo will be switching allegiances like a ping pong ball. Siding with Roslin over an "instinct" is one thing, but this assassination attempt might make him re-prioritize (again) and decide to take up his father's mantle, so to speak. How that'll play out, though, we'll have to wait and see.

Yay! for Helo being rescued! Almost, anyway. That situation should develop along very interesting lines, especially if/when Starbuck tries to bring them back (would she??) and warn Galactica that Boomer is a spy... only to find out the warning comes too late.

Now that the death star- I mean, base star is destroyed, rescuing the people trapped on Kobol should be easier. "Should" being the operative word. There are still a lot of cruisers out there and the situation on Galactica is going to have folks a bit distracted, methinks.

Anyone have theories on exactly how the Arrow of Apollo is supposed to lead them to Earth? Sometimes an arrow is more than just an arrow. ;) What else is it, though? Or is something hidden inside, perhaps?

Lots and lots of great stuff. And as I said, I think BSG's PTB are doing a phenomenal job at character development... for EVERYONE. Unlike SOME PTB I could mention. :P Crashdown is crashing. Good thing Tyrol's on hand to tell him what to do. ;)

Can't wait for the S2 premiere. Gods, I LOVE being able to love a show again! :D

Oh, and Brass? It's a colloquialism. Or a language quirk, if you must. May as well ask why they call chips crisps. Or maybe they should be asking us why we call crisps chips. :P

Madeleine
January 25th, 2005, 08:56 PM
If you call a season series, what do you call a series? No one has answered this stilll for me.......

We call it a "programme" or a "show". A "season" is just a period of time over here.

D.C.
January 25th, 2005, 08:59 PM
Australian networks use to refer to a season finale as a series finale, but now they tend to be using the word season more. We also call a series a show like Madeleine said. Maybe I'm not doing myself any favours by spoiling Battlestar Galactica... it sounds like it's one pretty damn awesome show. :D

Madeleine
January 25th, 2005, 09:03 PM
I have to say, I've really gone off President Roslin in this finale. I think she VASTLY overstepped her bounds in regards to Starbuck and her manic obsession with fulfilling the prophecy is a little disturbing. I wouldn't be at all surprised to find out that someone has been manipulating her and arranging things so that she believes she IS the one foretold in prophecy. I'm highly skeptical of the whole thing.

I hadn't thought of that, but it does sound good. I don't really want them to find Earth too soon (maybe not at all); it gives them all a sense of direction and it would be a shame if that was lost.

Brassguy
January 25th, 2005, 09:42 PM
Thanks for the responses :)

We also call shows shows and programs here - but also a television series.

So Series Finale makes us Americans go - end of the show?

For an end of a show, do you say "Show Finale" ?? Doesn't have the same ring as "Series Finale", imo.

Second Series, Third Series, etc, makes me think like you are talking about spin-offs and a different show entirely.

Gets confusing for me.

Anyone have theories on exactly how the Arrow of Apollo is supposed to lead them to Earth? Sometimes an arrow is more than just an arrow. What else is it, though? Or is something hidden inside, perhaps?

My understanding: The arrow acts as a key to be inserted into something. Inside this room or machine or contraption or safe is information or whatever ot find Earth.

They probably won't reach earth until the very last episode of the series (show).

Madeleine
January 25th, 2005, 09:45 PM
For a spinoff we say "spinoff" and for the last ever episode we say something like "last ever episode" ;)

alaskannut
January 25th, 2005, 10:28 PM
My reaction? AAAAAUUUUUUGGGGGGHHHHHHHH!!!!!!

Since the thread title clearly says SPOILERS and clearly says it's about the BSG finale, I'll forego the spoiler tags. If anyone feels I should add them, I'll be happy to edit them in.

Stargate's PTB should take note (again). THAT, my friends, is how you do a season finale! Especially if the show's future is at all uncertain. Of course, it's a cinch for full renewal, but the show's producers didn't necessarily know that at the time, right?

Wow. I'd seen the pics on Gateworld, so I knew sorta what was going to happen, but that last bit still made me jump.

As for Adama, no way he's dead, but dang, that's a great shock ending. :) Methinks Apollo will be switching allegiances like a ping pong ball. Siding with Roslin over an "instinct" is one thing, but this assassination attempt might make him re-prioritize (again) and decide to take up his father's mantle, so to speak. How that'll play out, though, we'll have to wait and see.

Yay! for Helo being rescued! Almost, anyway. That situation should develop along very interesting lines, especially if/when Starbuck tries to bring them back (would she??) and warn Galactica that Boomer is a spy... only to find out the warning comes too late.

Now that the death star- I mean, base star is destroyed, rescuing the people trapped on Kobol should be easier. "Should" being the operative word. There are still a lot of cruisers out there and the situation on Galactica is going to have folks a bit distracted, methinks.

Anyone have theories on exactly how the Arrow of Apollo is supposed to lead them to Earth? Sometimes an arrow is more than just an arrow. ;) What else is it, though? Or is something hidden inside, perhaps?

Lots and lots of great stuff. And as I said, I think BSG's PTB are doing a phenomenal job at character development... for EVERYONE. Unlike SOME PTB I could mention. :P Crashdown is crashing. Good thing Tyrol's on hand to tell him what to do. ;)

Can't wait for the S2 premiere. Gods, I LOVE being able to love a show again! :D
Good Lords of Kobol shadow you're positively bubbly :p

*ooohh I can't wait to get over to the sulky thread and spread the word :p :D *

Red_Rabbit
January 25th, 2005, 11:59 PM
I bet USA willl get the next batch on episodes before the UK. It was just like a trial thing.

NBC must see that with all the people who downloaded it from the UK that coudln't wait (thousands upon thousands) and the huge ratings it is getting, that they should release it here first.

Wasn't the mini-series released here first?

I'm also from the US just to make thing clear, but my guess is that the UK will get the next batch of eps first again.

Also as for the downloads maybe only 50,000 people downloaded it and more then half of them will still watch it on tv so that is really not that mush of a problem anyway. Also if it were released in the US first there would still be a lot of people who would download the ep. The thing is that the ratings are not gathered from every person they are gathered from neilson families and if you are in a neilson family you are in all likelyhood not going to be downloading tv shows you like, you are going to watch them so they get good ratings and keep being shown.

Yes the mini-series was shown in the US first.

Also this was the end of season 1 in all likelyhood, most basic cable shows especially something like BSG have large budgets and must be made into shorter seasons, i'm not exactly sure but shows like Nip/Tuck and the shield have ~ 13 episode seasons and the same may be true for bsg. But I'm 95% sure that season 1 is over, given that it is possible that next season will have more then 13 episodes.

Viper1234
January 26th, 2005, 01:11 AM
That was the season finale Red_Rabbit.

The show was given a 13 episode 'green light' because of budget, but also, there wasn't a real way of knowing at the time if a new BSG series would survive ratings wise. This is known in the industry as hedging one's bets.

examples: Firefly, and Wonderfalls. 13 episodes greenlit.......but due to stupidity on the network's part (both times in these examples) the shows were cancelled without even showing the shortened seasons. Firefly= 11 aired broadcasts. Wonderfalls= 4.

Its all about the numbers. BSG's numbers at this point are through the roof (cable-wise), and to not get renewal for at LEAST 13 episodes next season would be unthinkable. (unless this was the fox network.......in which case they'd show the episodes out of order and on different days, and then wonder why noone was watching. -snicker.

Har Meggido
January 26th, 2005, 02:01 AM
Damn... I am in utter shock at the ending. I've never seen a series that twists your brain as much as BSG does, lol. I too thought that the BSG Boomer would overcome her programing, it seemed the safe bet...glad I didn't put any money down on that. This show is the real deal, hope it stays that way for many years to come.

Now all they need to do is make a spinoff series about the Pegasus. :D

Scoobing
January 26th, 2005, 02:58 AM
My theory is that the Cylons want the fleet to reach Earth. Either to track down the final tribe of humanity and destroy it, or inter-breed like they are doing. Or both.

Adama was standing in the way of this, so they "took out" Adama. Even though I think he won't die, he will still be incapacitated, leaving the president able to take the Arrow Of Apollo and show them the way to Earth.

I don't know why the president isn't concerned that the Cylons will just follow them to Earth, and destroy them. Weir isn't letting the Wraith through to Earth :P.

shovar
January 26th, 2005, 03:25 AM
maybe because the humans have been avoiding the wraith up till now, but i think that starbuck will come back to galatica with countless cylons following her to finally destroy all 12th tribes!

Scoobing
January 26th, 2005, 04:33 AM
But there are 13 tribes.. :)

shovar
January 26th, 2005, 04:45 AM
i thought the 13th tribe was earth?

blufeenix
January 26th, 2005, 05:24 AM
I would think the that Adama surviving or not is probly whether or not EJO signs for series 2 (fingers crossed) also If I remember right cally was shot in the gut in Bastile Day, and survived so I't wouldnt be daft if he did the fact that he wasnt moving at the end could be explained by him passing out.

Oh and can I say

Loadsa Nekid Boomers!!!!!!!!!!!!! :D

JediTrilobite
January 26th, 2005, 05:50 AM
I've been reading the summaries off the Skyone webpage, and man. What a season ending! They have better follow it up. If they don't, I'll be pissed.

shovar
January 26th, 2005, 05:54 AM
yeah, my brother wouldn't shut up about it, the little twerp that he is! and what is it with scifi shows and having at least one "hot chick" as certain people call them

ShadowMaat
January 26th, 2005, 05:58 AM
They've been picked up for six additional episodes, that order will most likely increase like the first season.
From what I understand, it isn't that they've been picked up for six more eps... there are six more SCRIPTS written which will be used in the event of a second season/series. We have a bit to go before an official announcement is made, but with SG on the outs and BSG managing to trump the top dogs, I think a renewal order is pretty much cinched. :)

Markey2
January 26th, 2005, 07:29 AM
I've just had a strange though, you know the prophecies say all this has happened before and all will happen again. Well what if the arrow of Apollo referes to Lee Adamas call sign. I know Apollo was an ancient God but maybe there's more to the name than meets the eye. Bring on the next season.

shovar
January 26th, 2005, 07:38 AM
i though that the arrow of apollo actually refered to captain Adama's sign but then when starbuck went to caprica, i didn't pay any attention to apollo anymore

ShadowMaat
January 26th, 2005, 07:41 AM
Well, the Arrow of Apollo is obviously a literal arrow (of sorts) but it could be that Apollo is the key to using the arrow...

shovar
January 26th, 2005, 07:42 AM
yeah, but hopefully he won't be killed for committing treason!

darman
January 26th, 2005, 08:55 AM
yeah, but hopefully he won't be killed for committing treason!

if you think about it, in a sense his father was committing the treason, it would be very unusual if in very advanced society the commander had legal power of firing the president. it's just in this case he has the military power(basically it was a coup)

Har Meggido
January 26th, 2005, 12:00 PM
Well, I wonder how Starbuck, Helo, and (Caprica)Boomer will fit in that little Cylon ship? Will be quite unconfortable...

Why would the Cylons want to breed Hybrids? Are the Human Cylons not superior to Humans in every way? Strange direction to take the story in, I cannot see any benefits to them creating a Hybrid.

ShadowMaat
January 26th, 2005, 12:08 PM
Why would the Cylons want to breed Hybrids? Are the Human Cylons not superior to Humans in every way? Strange direction to take the story in, I cannot see any benefits to them creating a Hybrid.
Human cylons ARE superior to humans... but they lack the ability to LOVE (except simulated feelings) and since their god is all about love... they need to be able to feel that in order to be closer to Him. Or that's my current theory, anyway.

Har Meggido
January 26th, 2005, 12:22 PM
Human cylons ARE superior to humans... but they lack the ability to LOVE (except simulated feelings) and since their god is all about love... they need to be able to feel that in order to be closer to Him. Or that's my current theory, anyway.

If they don't love, then why does 6 always tell Baltar that she loves him? Caprica Boomer tells Helo that she has feelings for him? I guess it could be part of their programming to simulate love? If this is the case, then 6 and Boomer are doing a good job of carrying out that programming.

Viper1234
January 26th, 2005, 01:09 PM
simulated love? The show has completely given us the reason for them being capable of love....THEY ARE INDISTINGUISHABLE FROM HUMANS IN EVERY WAY except a tiny deviation in the construction of the cells. That means they're using a human 'brain' to think...so it wouldn't be simulated at all. It would be exactly as we think and feel. Agendas are different, and its obvious that the cylon culture is manipulating these last survivors according to THEIR PLAN, but as to thoughts and feelings...the 12 models are "human" in more ways than not.

ShadowMaat
January 26th, 2005, 01:20 PM
Then why do the cylons want hybrid babies? Or maybe there's some kind of genetic trait only "pure" humans have that they need to activate some vast technology. :P

D.C.
January 26th, 2005, 02:16 PM
From what I understand, it isn't that they've been picked up for six more eps... there are six more SCRIPTS written which will be used in the event of a second season/series. We have a bit to go before an official announcement is made, but with SG on the outs and BSG managing to trump the top dogs, I think a renewal order is pretty much cinched. :)Thanks for clarifying. Yeah, I agree... It's pretty much a given that the show will be picked up again. :)

alaskannut
January 26th, 2005, 06:44 PM
AAUGHHHHHH!! :eek:

Frackfrackfrackfrackfrackfrack.........

Good god...that was the best season finale since Babylon 5's S3 finale!!

If Scifi even thinks of not ordering a season 2.....Shadow, do you still have some of those nukes, or did you use all of them on us minions?? :p

And they had better not make us wait until next December for new eps!!!

Thoughts on Pts 1&2

Poor Boomer#1; when she came out of "assassin mode" there and realized what she had just done...all her fears about what she might do wrapped up in one(well two) booms.

Starbuck; Ugh, to be told that one of the people you trust most is lying to you?? and god, what would it be like to find out one of your closest friends is a member of the group that is trying to wipe out your species? you really had to feel for her when she broke down

Hybrid baby....what the frick???A human-cylon baby....a cybaby??that just is NOT right!!

Adamas:Commander Adama will survive... now that was a SHOCK! and I'd been spoiled! Apollo, did the wrong thing for the right reason...he should be able to redeem himself easily next season.

Boomer #2: Hmmm....this character just keeps getting more interesting...she's not just playing with Helo...she's really trying to get him off Caprica! and she's actually going against the other Cylons apparently...wonder if she will go to BSG with Helo and Starbuck and take the baby with her??

Prez Roslin: Meh...she needs to stop taking the funky mushrooms.,.she might be right to try and go after the arrow but her methodology is JUST PLAIN WRONG!!!

Baltar: Guardian?? Whaaaaaaat???

BSG, Season 1: Finally! A Scifi show that can compare to Babylon 5!! :D :)

alaskannut
January 26th, 2005, 06:51 PM
Then why do the cylons want hybrid babies? Or maybe there's some kind of genetic trait only "pure" humans have that they need to activate some vast technology. :P
Well, they call themselves humanity's children...maybe they just want to take it to the next level :p

Or more seriously, maybe they believe humans have a spiritual superiority, being descendants of/created by the Lords of Kobol(they are right?? :S )????

Madeleine
January 26th, 2005, 07:12 PM
if you think about it, in a sense his father was committing the treason, it would be very unusual if in very advanced society the commander had legal power of firing the president. it's just in this case he has the military power(basically it was a coup)

She commandeered a Military craft having been told by the legitimate Military commander that that craft was not available to her. As it happenned it didn't jeopardise the Boomer / Nuke mission (cos the Cylons acepted the human ship) but it very easilly could have meant that the only way to blow up the great big cylon ship was gone. The President deliberately overstepped her bounds and risked the entire fleet to do so.

Adama is in a war situation, and acted to prevent any more infractions on his own command. I think he probably doesn't have the legal power - but I can't see what other choice he had. "If she can turn Starbuck against us...", said Adama, then Roslin was dangerous.

Either way the fall out will be interesting :)

ShadowMaat
January 26th, 2005, 07:20 PM
I'd say that Roslin was in the wrong. My memory fades quickly... was there any reason why the Arrow had to be retrieved RIGHT THEN? Could it not have waited until AFTER the crew on Kobol was rescued? Yes, the shakedown flight of the cylon cruiser, but it isn't as if that's the ONLY flight it was going to take. So why the rush? Wouldn't it have been easier to slip off AFTER the rescue?

And I'm still appalled at Roslin for breaking Starbuck's faith in Adama. That's just wrong on so many levels. And I think that's partly what contributed to her (Starbuck's) freakout on Caprica when she saw OtherBoomer. First her faith in her commander is broken, and now one of her good/best friends turns out to be a cylon agent, and in between that was a deadly fight against another cylon who knew way too much about her and who almost got her killed. NOT a good day for Captain Starbuck.

Roslin has already turned Starbuck AND Apollo against Adama/Galactica. That isn't going to play well at all...

Har Meggido
January 26th, 2005, 07:52 PM
Well, they call themselves humanity's children...maybe they just want to take it to the next level :p

Or more seriously, maybe they believe humans have a spiritual superiority, being descendants of/created by the Lords of Kobol(they are right?? :S )????

Hmm, if they consider Humans to be spiritually superior, then creating Hybrids would bring them closer to God so to speak. The problem with being closer to God is the Lords of Kobol are not the one God the cylons worship, unless the Cylon god is one of the Lords who was exiled for some reason yet unknown.

I'm spinning a bit since they'll reveal all this in the future, but I'm so intrigued by the show I can't help but wonder, lol.

Blue Banrigh
January 30th, 2005, 06:16 AM
Those of the main cast who aren't mortally injured, arrested, off-world or a cylon raise your hand. :D They managed to incapacitate their entire main cast. How many shows will do that?

Loved the music for the Opera House.

I did see the Boomer pregnant thing coming and the Adama being shot (only cause I saw the spoiler pics). But am buggered as to how they are going to get out of the situations they all got themselves into. Though it's a pretty good bet that Adama Snr is going to survive.

ShadowMaat
January 30th, 2005, 06:53 AM
Those of the main cast who aren't mortally injured, arrested, off-world or a cylon raise your hand. :D They managed to incapacitate their entire main cast. How many shows will do that?
Millennium, Season 2. :D They didn't just wipe out most of the cast, they wiped out the ENTIRE PLANET save the protagonist and his daughter... and then the show got unexpectedly renewed. hehe

Space: Above & Beyond wiped out half its cast, but they knew they weren't coming back. Ditto The Others.

But that was probably more of a rhetorical question. ;)

I love it when shows are willing to take chances like that, though. Especially with a new series, because you KNOW everything will work out fine and yet... there's still that slight doubt because you don't know TPTB that well yet. It's fun. Adds to the tension. :)

Blue Banrigh
January 30th, 2005, 07:37 AM
Millennium, Season 2. :D They didn't just wipe out most of the cast, they wiped out the ENTIRE PLANET save the protagonist and his daughter... and then the show got unexpectedly renewed. hehe

Lol, so what did they do?

ShadowMaat
January 30th, 2005, 07:42 AM
Lol, so what did they do?
Well, since you only ever heard news reports on the radio of people everywhere dying, they kinda did that arm-waving thing and said, "It was allll a dream. Juuuust a dream." ;) Reports of the wrold's demise were greatly exagerrated so they just picked up and moved on and pretended it never happened. *rolls eyes* Major cop-out, if you ask me, but kinda to be expected since there's a bit of a rivalry between Chris Carter (the Almighty Creator) and Morgan & Wong, who were in charge of S2. Kind of a shame, since S2 was my favorite. :)

Crazedwraith
January 30th, 2005, 07:59 AM
Coldn't find this thread yester day so I'll just add my comments from the official thread minus spoiler tags.

Just watched the finale on Sky One: OMFG It should be illegal to end the season in that way!
So Caprica Boomer's pregant and Galactica Boomer just popped Will. Adam in the chest twice (strange I only heard one bang) We end with Apollo and XO clutching Adamas chest and Helo/Boomer/and Starbuck are going to be very cramped in that Raider. **** Starbuck took a beating form No.6 she looked really freaked at the end.

so....

When does Season 2 start? I'm hooked!

Blue Banrigh
January 30th, 2005, 08:42 AM
Yeah, I was lookin at TV Tome at season three for Millenium and from the blurbs it looked like it was business as usual.

You did see Boomer shooting him twice. But they looked more like stomach shots to me.

They have yet to greenlight a second season, but I think the decision date is the first of Feb. It all depends on how well 'Act of Contrition' rates.

Bub-bub
January 30th, 2005, 11:27 AM
You did see Boomer shooting him twice. But they looked more like stomach shots to me.

They have yet to greenlight a second season, but I think the decision date is the first of Feb. It all depends on how well 'Act of Contrition' rates.

There were definitely two gunshots and yes, they were aimed at the abdomen rather than the heart but they were point blank range. Which could make things complicated.

Another point to add to the mix - If you've seen 'Hand of God' this will make some kind of sense... Remember the 'prophecy' with the snakes and the dying leader... Which one were they talking about? Did the Cylons think it was going to be Adama? As I would assume that they don't know about Rosslin and her cancer... :eek:

Yes, I have been thinking about this faaarrr too much! :D

Oh and if they don't greenlight another season, just point me in the direction of the powers that be and a couple of friends and I will have a 'quiet' word with them! ;)

Shipperahoy
January 30th, 2005, 11:36 AM
Amen! Although I seriously doubt that there will not be a season 2. Not with all the critical raves this show is getting and I doubt the rating will decline much in the US as the show progresses. I can't wait to see how they're going to handle this. They're going to know that Boomer is a Cylon. Are they going to keep her aboard? Is Boomer going to choose the humans or the Cylons? Does she even have a choice? How is Tyrol going to react? Are Sixth and Baltar having a baby? Will Boomer and Helo's baby be more human or more Cylon? So many questions and so many things that they could do with next season. They could keep going for quite some time.

Elwe Singollo
January 30th, 2005, 12:46 PM
Amen! Although I seriously doubt that there will not be a season 2. Not with all the critical raves this show is getting and I doubt the rating will decline much in the US as the show progresses. I can't wait to see how they're going to handle this. They're going to know that Boomer is a Cylon. Are they going to keep her aboard? Is Boomer going to choose the humans or the Cylons? Does she even have a choice? How is Tyrol going to react? Are Sixth and Baltar having a baby? Will Boomer and Helo's baby be more human or more Cylon? So many questions and so many things that they could do with next season. They could keep going for quite some time.And who said a space drama couldn't do so well. :rolleyes: (thinks about firefly)

ArcLight
January 30th, 2005, 03:22 PM
What a final! WHAT A FINAL!! I hope that TPTB don't get somekind of weird stroke and not give the go-ahead for season 2.
There are so many small nuances that make the series great. The feeling of the Galactica is really like it's a military vessel, the characters are more than one dimensional, oh and is it just me or are the colonials polytheists while the Cylons are polytheists?

It's also interesting to read from Ron Moores blog (http://blog.scifi.com/battlestar/) what is his vision for BSG.

Bub-bub
January 31st, 2005, 02:17 AM
oh and is it just me or are the colonials polytheists while the Cylons are polytheists?

Sorry dear, small nitpick... I think you mean that the Cylons are monothesists (one god) rather than the Colonials who 'worship' more than one god - a parthenon if you will.

And thanks for the link - I'll have a read of that!

As for the TPTB - the signs are good. It's critically and commercially doing well for itself. The first series was partly funded by another organisation other than Sci-fi (Sky Broadcasting) so it's not as if they are taking the cost onto themselves... but as I keep saying... these are TV execs we're talking about here.
Y'know the people who cancelled 'Firefly' and 'Farscape', so until I get 'official' word, everything is crossed! ;)

Blue Banrigh
January 31st, 2005, 03:29 AM
I don't think Six is pregnant. She said that Baltar would be the guardian of the new generation, not the father. So methinks this is all about Boomer's and Helo's Baby.

All this noise about the new baby adds a new facet to Six's baby killing in the mini-series. Like she killed it because it was competition for the new generation or because it simply wasn't It.

I was thinking the same thing about Adama, prehaps he was the prophesised leader instead of Roslin. That this would divide the prophecy down two paths.

Blue Banrigh
February 4th, 2005, 05:40 AM
Having had four days to think about it, there are a couple of things I noticed about the finale.

The gateworld pictures show the conniving Mrs Tigh appearing. They must have cut that bit out, but it would have been interesting to see what she was up to (she's up to know good, I just know it).

And did Baltar just (symbolically) marry into the Cylon family? Think about it - the music, six in the white dress, walking down the aisle, the decision (he might as well have said I do).

Pretty sure they'd have to bring Caprica Boomer back to he Galactica, how else will Baltar be able to fulfill his role as guardian if she's all the way back in Caprica.

Boomer's father was called Abraham. Interesting, it's been a while since I've looked through a bible, but wasn't he promised by God to be the father of the chosen race? There may have been a sacrifice and angel involved... the details are a bit fuzzy.

ArcLight
February 5th, 2005, 03:45 AM
Sorry dear, small nitpick... I think you mean that the Cylons are monothesists (one god) rather than the Colonials who 'worship' more than one god - a parthenon if you will.
hehe, thanks. That was what I meant: Colonials polytheist, Cylons monotheist. Mental note: When being really tired you really should check what you've written and then recheck it and the do a recheck one more time before posting :D