Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Supernatural Season 7 Spoiler Thread

Yeah, we finally need one

There isn't much to tell expect that we HAVE a season seven, but Bob Singer told in an interview what he might think of as an theme for the next season:

Most of it’s up in the air. The only thing that we have talked about is that since this year was kind of an old-fashioned noir mystery, next year may have the boys being Butch and Sundance, or the Wild Bunch. Basically, it’d be telling the a story of the last of the cowboys, gone modern. That’s just a jumping-off point. Whether we actually do that or how that realizes itself… we haven’t gotten that far yet. But there’s an idea of, “The world is closing in around you.”
    http://www.tvline.com/2011/04/supern...sical-episode/
    The cake is a lie!

That sounds promising. And I for one wouldn't mind the boys going out à la Butch and Sundance in the series finale.

sigpic
    Check out my SGA and Fringe fanfics on fanfiction.net

Comment

Originally posted by starg8fans View Post
      That sounds promising. And I for one wouldn't mind the boys going out à la Butch and Sundance in the series finale.
      While I understand that point of view, honestly, I want this show to end with Sam and Dean still alive. I want to know that they are still out there, still hunting down those things that would do harm to us.
      sigpic
      MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
      "...phu...ah..."
      "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
      Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

Originally posted by the fifth man View Post
        While I understand that point of view, honestly, I want this show to end with Sam and Dean still alive. I want to know that they are still out there, still hunting down those things that would do harm to us.
        Have to agree with stars on this one. Besides that it is what I would love to see, Jensen has said on numerous occasions that it is what he would like for the characters, for Dean and the Impala to go out together with their remains indistinguishable from each other!

You wouldn't believe how angry I was (am) about the saccharine ending to Harry Potter and I cringe at the thought of something even remotely like that happening here!

Comment

Originally posted by the fifth man View Post
          I see your point, but have to agree with Crichiel.

Originally posted by Crichiel View Post
          Have to agree with stars on this one. Besides that it is what I would love to see, Jensen has said on numerous occasions that it is what he would like for the characters, for Dean and the Impala to go out together with their remains indistinguishable from each other!

You wouldn't believe how angry I was (am) about the saccharine ending to Harry Potter and I cringe at the thought of something even remotely like that happening here!
          I didn't know that Jensen said that, but I feel he's channeling Dean here. Consider the other options - a 'saccharine ending' with a picket fence life Dean's tried before and didn't like and Sam said he doesn't want anymore because he's changed, or sending them back on the road to their crappy life that will either end abruptly and horribly or would have them end up in squalor in their old days. Neither seems fair to the boys.

sigpic

Comment

I don't think I'd mind seeing them end up a little like Bobby- passing their knowledge to the next generation of hunters before going out in a blaze of glory. This show does have the 'last of a dying breed' vibe to it, so it'd be nice to see each generation kinda scraping by on the advances and knowledge of the previous.
            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by warrior_chic View Post
              I don't think I'd mind seeing them end up a little like Bobby- passing their knowledge to the next generation of hunters before going out in a blaze of glory. This show does have the 'last of a dying breed' vibe to it, so it'd be nice to see each generation kinda scraping by on the advances and knowledge of the previous.
              Well, Dean had a brush with old age in The Curious Case of Dean Winchester, and I don't think he enjoyed it very much. Plus I can't picture him living like Bobby, pouring over dusty tomes and answering phones. He sure wouldn't mind the whiskey, though...

sigpic

Comment

I'm with the Sam and Dean still being alive when this show finally does end crowd. I always envisioned the show ending with Sam and Dean, in the Impala, classic rock blastin on the radio heading off to there next job. But, thats just me.

My hope for season 7 is, we get a nice long Dean arc. While the shows always been about the brother's, the arc's have always focused more on Sam.

Comment

Originally posted by boyd22 View Post
                  I'm with the Sam and Dean still being alive when this show finally does end crowd. I always envisioned the show ending with Sam and Dean, in the Impala, classic rock blastin on the radio heading off to there next job. But, thats just me.
                  Actually, I don't mind either way. I would enjoy seeing the boys driving off into the sunset, but I wouldn't mind a more final ending either.

My hope for season 7 is, we get a nice long Dean arc. While the shows always been about the brother's, the arc's have always focused more on Sam.
                  Well, the arc in S3 was pretty much about stopping Dean from going to hell, so I'd say that was Dean centric. And anyway, the brothers' fates are so closely linked, if one gets a story arc so does the other. Sam's going dark side with the demon blood, but it's Dean who tries to stop him. Sam is Lucifer's vessel, and Dean is Michael's. Sam saves the day by putting Luci back in the cage, but it was Dean who brought the decisive element - the Impala - to the scene. Sam [spoiler for S6)
                  Spoiler:
                  loses his soul, but Dean works to get it back.
                  Plus Dean got to do all the cool stuff - from going to the alternate reality in What Is and What Should Never Be, to getting a glimpse of his parents' early days in In the Beginning to the apocalyptic future in The End. What I didn't like were the times when the brothers were apart, and I'm glad they always kept those really short. So basically, what I'm hoping for in S7 is more of the same.
                  Last edited by starg8fans; 09 May 2011, 02:44 AM.

sigpic

Comment

I'd love to see Sam/ Jared do the cool stuff once in a while. The story focusses a bit more in Deans view of what happens to Sam, so I think it would be great to have it the other way around.
                    The cake is a lie!

Comment

Originally posted by iolanda View Post
                      I'd love to see Sam/ Jared do the cool stuff once in a while. The story focusses a bit more in Deans view of what happens to Sam, so I think it would be great to have it the other way around.
                      This is actually what kind of turned me off the end of last season and for a lot of this season. I KNOW it's unfair that Dean gets all the cool stuff, but I can't help it, I'm a DeanGirl (precisely BECAUSE he gets all the cool lines, kills, etc.). I love love love Sam WITH Dean, but don't care as much about him individually. So last season when the final few episodes turned what I THOUGHT was going to be a Dean-centric storyline (him being Michael's vessel) into a Sam story, I was pretty upset. And while Dean gets to react to everything that's happening with Sam this year (and fantastically), I still see it as a year about Sam.

Again, I know, I KNOW Sam is due and it's only fair. Please don't go after me SamGirls. I just PERSONALLY want to see a really Dean-centric storyline again like season 3 was. But for now, I can accept the Sam story seen from Dean's point of view that they do so well! Here's hoping season 7 is my very favourite: a year of 'brother' stories! Those are the best of all!!

Comment

I am with you, having a real Dean-centric storyline again would be great (and more than him being concerned about others)!
                        The cake is a lie!

Comment

Actually, I think it was Jensen who asked them to lay off the heavy duty stuff for Dean for a while. He was completely drained after all the emotional stuff he had to do in S5, and didn't feel he was up to another season like that. Being a great (method) actor can take its toll.

So yes, more brotherly stories next year would be good. And I wouldn't mind NOT having the boys go up against super baddies and unsurmountable odds. Why does it always have to be about saving the freaking world? Give them smaller, more intimate mysteries to unravel, with a nice underlying vibe - maybe some kind of family secret - to tie them all together. More Wendigo/Bloody Mary/Asylum stuff rather than the Apocalypse, Archangels and the Mother of All.

sigpic

Comment

Actually, I think it was Jensen who asked them to lay off the heavy duty stuff for Dean for a while. He was completely drained after all the emotional stuff he had to do in S5, and didn't feel he was up to another season like that. Being a great (method) actor can take its toll.
                            Yes, Jensen said season 5 was exhausting, he also said that about the first half of season 6. But this can still work to our (DeanGirls') advantage: he says the most draining work is the emotional stuff. And when does Dean have the most emotional stuff? When the story is SAM-centric! Because he cares more about Sam than himself! So make the story-arc about Dean and let Jared do all the emotional scenes of Sam worrying about Dean!!
                            Last edited by Crichiel; 11 May 2011, 12:25 PM.

Comment

That's pretty much what I meant up there!
                              Last edited by iolanda; 11 May 2011, 12:23 PM.
                              The cake is a lie!

Comment

Working...
                              X