PDA

View Full Version : If you were given the chance to be a member of Destiny's crew, would you take it?

General Jumper One
April 29th, 2011, 02:19 PM
If you were given a choice to be a member of Destiny's crew would you take it?

Yes or No and why.

I would because I think it would be cool to be part of something like that even if it was a one way trip.

Keeper
April 29th, 2011, 02:27 PM
yep, be nice to get off earth for a bit.

also it would be good if you can get a mod to add a poll :p

Pharaoh Atem
April 29th, 2011, 02:29 PM
i would join destiny in a heatbeat. i have nothing worth living for on earth. this is assuming my family would be getting some money from the air force like Eli's mother.

General Jumper One
April 29th, 2011, 02:30 PM
yep, be nice to get off earth for a bit.

I reported my post after I made the thread for them to make one, tick tock.

Duneknight
April 29th, 2011, 02:39 PM
i dont know, destiny is cool and all but there seems to be much soapy drama you have to go through before getting into the cool stuff. lol

General Jumper One
April 29th, 2011, 02:43 PM

the poll has been made

Keeper
April 29th, 2011, 03:13 PM
i dont know, destiny is cool and all but there seems to be much soapy drama you have to go through before getting into the cool stuff. lol
should suit you fine then :p

the poll has been made

fantastic :D

Duneknight
April 29th, 2011, 03:45 PM
i want to bring destiny to earth and use it to blow up atlantis. symbolic no? and then have syfy shoot down destiny.

Atlantean2005
April 29th, 2011, 03:57 PM
Basically.... um.... HELL TO THE YES!!! Granted the only way I would be able to see my family and few friends would be via another person's body but still, the chance to get to see what so many people dream about doing, exploring worlds on the other side of the known.. or unknown universe! That would be AMAZING!!! :D

Duneknight
April 29th, 2011, 05:23 PM
Rush wont let me near the controls. damn!!!

Snowman37
April 29th, 2011, 05:28 PM
Nope, I prefer life on Earth. Now, would I use the communication stones to visit Destiny? Sure! I just can't imagine leaving Earth behind forever.

Duneknight
April 29th, 2011, 05:31 PM
Nope, I prefer life on Earth. Now, would I use the communication stones to visit Destiny? Sure! I just can't imagine leaving Earth behind forever.

dude dont you want to dedicate your life for science??? what will you be doin on earth thats so important?

Keeper
April 29th, 2011, 05:49 PM

dude dont you want to dedicate your life for science??? what will you be doin on earth thats so important?

who said anything about science?

and tbh, for people who wouldn't want to leave - i understand. home is home, everything you know is on earth.

magictrick
April 29th, 2011, 07:24 PM
Of course. Being on a spaceship is one of my goals in life.

jelgate
April 29th, 2011, 07:28 PM

My family and friends for one. Thier of plenty of scientific avenues to try out on the planet.

themyst
April 29th, 2011, 08:26 PM
If I didn't have family on earth that needed me I would be there in a heartbeat.

Phenom
April 29th, 2011, 08:36 PM
i would join destiny in a heatbeat. i have nothing worth living for on earth. this is assuming my family would be getting some money from the air force like Eli's mother.

I found that to be kind of sad. Nothing at all to live for on Earth?

No way would I go on Destiny. Far too selfish of me to leave the kids behind to go gallavanting around the universe, when all I would be trying to do on there is come home. Not much logic there I am afraid.

garhkal
April 29th, 2011, 10:21 PM
Single - check
No kids - check
Sci fi geek - check..
I fit all 3 of the aspects i see needed to be a great destiny crew member.

knowles2
April 30th, 2011, 01:31 AM
Yes I would love to become a member of the crew.

Now where do I sign up.

Mr Evil 37
April 30th, 2011, 02:22 AM
If I could have my job as documenting everything that happened, kind of like Eli does now, then I would definitely go. Even if I was like Chloe and didn't really have a skill to offer I'd still go!

Egle01
April 30th, 2011, 03:03 AM

Yes or No and why.Absolutely. Destiny is a beautiful ship, the crew has done and seen amazing things. At the moment, other than family and some friends, there's nothing that would stop me from going. Food and hygiene will be an issue onboard, but at least I'll be contributing to one of the coolest missions. Where do I sign up?

Pharaoh Atem
April 30th, 2011, 05:33 AM
Absolutely. Destiny is a beautiful ship, the crew has done and seen amazing things. At the moment, other than family and some friends, there's nothing that would stop me from going. Food and hygiene will be an issue onboard, but at least I'll be contributing to one of the coolest missions. Where do I sign up?

i'm sure everyone gets used to each other smelling a bit :P

xxxevilgrinxxx
April 30th, 2011, 05:40 AM

Yes or No and why.

I would because I think it would be cool to be part of something like that even if it was a one way trip.I'd jump at it in a heartbeat, yeah. Why? How could I turn it down? There's no one reason either. Maybe a whole host of reasons, but I guess it comes down to simple human curiosity

Duneknight
April 30th, 2011, 05:59 AM
I would go but as long as I got something to do on Destiny; its kind of a one way trip and being on the ship for long might turn me insane. oh and also as long as there are no orgies... i heard rumors :)

Egle01
April 30th, 2011, 06:34 AM
i'm sure everyone gets used to each other smelling a bit :PI was more thinking about toothbrush and toothpaste. :D I'd miss those the most, unless there's some cool Ancients' version of 'em onboard. Damn, I'm running out of reasons why not to go.

g.o.d
April 30th, 2011, 07:43 AM
yes without any doubt. It would be one hell of a ride

Duneknight
April 30th, 2011, 07:47 AM
something tells me a lot of you will cry back to your moms after a few days on destiny.

blueray
April 30th, 2011, 08:15 AM
yes, a chance to explore the universe, that is a chance of a lifetime. and sure i'll miss my family but i would be able to make contact with them using the stones.

Duneknight
April 30th, 2011, 08:20 AM
yes, a chance to explore the universe, that is a chance of a lifetime. and sure i'll miss my family but i would be able to make contact with them using the stones.

i think it would easier not to make contact.

garhkal
April 30th, 2011, 08:47 PM
something tells me a lot of you will cry back to your moms after a few days on destiny.

I'm US Navy.. I have done many deployments overseas/on ships, where i had little to no contact with family for a long time. I am used to it.

KEK
April 30th, 2011, 08:56 PM
You had the prospect of coming home though, and presumably didn't face life or death scenarios on an almost daily basis.

carmencatalina
May 3rd, 2011, 08:52 AM
Right now, I have small kids, so it wouldn't be right.

But if they were all grown up, I think I would love a chance to do something so crazy and epic!

Flyboy
May 5th, 2011, 04:07 AM
I have absolutely no commitments in terms of family or relationships atm. If I was on Destiny, it would be in a military capacity, and I'd just look at it as a unique deployment opportunity. I couldn't see myself turning it down unless I'd be leaving behind a partner, it's too great an experience.

SGUnity
May 5th, 2011, 04:18 AM
Of course. Being on a spaceship is one of my goals in life.

This.

Ouroboros
May 5th, 2011, 04:51 AM
I don't have a huge number of attachments here on Earth and I've always dreamed of exploring the universe and eventually meeting my end at the slimy hands of a horrible space monster.

MattSilver 3k
May 5th, 2011, 04:58 AM
I don't have a huge number of attachments here on Earth and I've always dreamed of exploring the universe and eventually meeting my end at the slimy hands of a horrible space monster.

Better dying on the Destiny's side of things rather than on Moya's side of the universe. A lot less vomit and leather involved in the former.

Ziel
May 5th, 2011, 01:21 PM
I voted yes, a chance to see and experience what the universe has to offer that only a handful of others would be able to, as well as contribute to Destiny's mission.

baphometaten
May 5th, 2011, 01:46 PM
Right now, I have small kids, so it wouldn't be right.

But if they were all grown up, I think I would love a chance to do something so crazy and epic!

Right there with ya. Now if there was a Daycare on board and no daily threat meter, then I would sign up in a hot second. Granted that would probably make the Destiny more like the Enterprise, when you start having whole families on board. Rush would probably lose it and start "airlocking" kids every chance he could get.

garhkal
May 5th, 2011, 02:04 PM
As long as i can take my gaming material (and get a gaming group or two set up) i am definitely there!

mariachi1
May 5th, 2011, 04:45 PM
I'm going even if I have 99.9% of dying in the mission.

Where do I sign up?

the fifth man
May 5th, 2011, 05:41 PM
While I would like to be able to say yes, in reality, probably not. I don't think I would be able to deal with the constant stress.

Ukko
May 6th, 2011, 10:01 AM
I voted yes. i would jump at the chance!:D

garhkal
May 6th, 2011, 01:29 PM
I wonder.. Since the SG program itself is such a super secret mission, and the Destiny project (icarus), is much more (as well as so far away_..
How would they make notifications of death of those on the ship? Pay out benefits etc?

jelgate
May 6th, 2011, 02:08 PM
I wonder.. Since the SG program itself is such a super secret mission, and the Destiny project (icarus), is much more (as well as so far away_..
How would they make notifications of death of those on the ship? Pay out benefits etc?

Probably the same way the SGC did. They were killed in the line of duty and the circumstances of death is classified

nx01a
May 6th, 2011, 07:05 PM
While I would like to be able to say yes, in reality, probably not. I don't think I would be able to deal with the constant stress. Exactly. I'd rather join the crew of Atlantis. Destiny is an aging death trap. An incredibly cool aging death trap, but still an aging death trap.

gat0r
May 6th, 2011, 09:43 PM
Hell yeah I would... adventure of a lifetime!!

garhkal
May 7th, 2011, 01:56 PM
Probably the same way the SGC did. They were killed in the line of duty and the circumstances of death is classified

More than likely true.

jackfloyd1973
May 21st, 2011, 12:47 AM
Right there with ya. Now if there was a Daycare on board and no daily threat meter, then I would sign up in a hot second. Granted that would probably make the Destiny more like the Enterprise, when you start having whole families on board. Rush would probably lose it and start "airlocking" kids every chance he could get.

i don't think rush is quite that evil and would certainly take the cake of stupid more than his & wrays little insurection, he likely knows doing that would incur the wrath of most everyone, especially scott.

RoK
May 21st, 2011, 01:26 AM
If I could have my job as documenting everything that happened, kind of like Eli does now, then I would definitely go. Even if I was like Chloe and didn't really have a skill to offer I'd still go!

I would most likely go. The only thing is, I'm more like Chloe and don't really have a skill to offer. However, if you teach me Ancient and some more advance science, I'd be able to do something. That and if I have something to keep me entertained, like music or some portable video games to do in my downtime, then I'd definitely go. The only downside for me is lack of caffeine. I drink quite a bit of soda and it would be hard for me to kick the habit. Hell, I might just help Brody with his still.

TuKwick_1
May 22nd, 2011, 01:25 PM
I would go in a heart beat, I am a engineer by trade with a MS in Plastics Engineering(working on Phd). I have always wanted to explore the universe, I would not mind the conditions on the ship. Being around all of those people would be great(not just because of the diversity), and the knowledge and the experiences that you would gain would be more than worth the risk. I would be leaving behind my family but they would be fine with it, I am not married, I have no house, I have no kids...... Where do I sign up?

Rylor
May 22nd, 2011, 03:30 PM
I would definitely join the crew if I had the chance. Flying around in an Ancient spaceship billions of light-years away from Earth, in search of a message from the beginning of time, it's the ultimate adventure :)

jeri
May 22nd, 2011, 07:20 PM
I'd go if I could bring my dog. And Greer would promise not to BBQ him!

garhkal
May 23rd, 2011, 03:14 PM
This gives me an idea for another thread to ask a q for..

morrismike
May 24th, 2011, 02:48 AM
I'd go. It'd be difficult to deal with the contrived drama on the show though. I'd probably end up with calluses on my knuckles from punching Rush in the face everytime he deserved it, but we all need to make sacrifices.