Why Jedi Generals?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Why Jedi Generals?

Quick Question. This has been bothering me for some time. Hopefully someone knows the answer. I have read a lot of Star Wars comic books, besides watching the tv series and movies. Has it ever been explained how Palpatine "convinced" the Republic that the Jedi should lead this 'grand army of the republic' instead of military leaders?

I consider the Jedi to be space version of Texas Rangers. Roaming the galaxy any planet never knowing when one will show up so better be on best behavior kind of thing. No country, that I know about and obviously I am talking about officers who are not in the military as well, would send a police officer into battle. Especially when they already have experienced and trained military leaders.

We know that there are leaders from around the Republic. They show up from time to time, as in Adm. Yularen, Adm. Kilian, Adm. Trench, etc. (Just to name a few that come to mind).

Please do not respond 'because Palpatine wanted to kill off the jedi.' I know that already. I just wanted to know if it had been stated how he got them to accept the idea.

Thank you for your help.
    sigpic

Tradition. Jedi had been generals leading troops into war for 4000 years.
    "A society grows great when old men plant trees, the shade of which they know they will never sit in. Good people do things for other people. That's it, the end." -- Penelope Wilton in Ricky Gervais's After Life

Comment

Originally posted by DigiFluid View Post
      Tradition. Jedi had been generals leading troops into war for 4000 years.
      I know in the previous Sith Wars. But since technically no one is supposed to know that the Sith are behind the Sepratists....
      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Selkhet View Post
        I know in the previous Sith Wars. But since technically no one is supposed to know that the Sith are behind the Sepratists....
        Except they do. Dooku isn't exactly some mysterious figure. Regardless, it doesn't take Sith to spur Jedi into action. As long as the Republic is at stake, they're supposed to do something.

Comment

Originally posted by morbosfist View Post
          Except they do. Dooku isn't exactly some mysterious figure. Regardless, it doesn't take Sith to spur Jedi into action. As long as the Republic is at stake, they're supposed to do something.
          Can you imagine there being no Jedi fighting in the war and a bunch of troops confront Dooku? Lolz. Bye bye troops.

Comment

Originally posted by Replicator Todd View Post
            Can you imagine there being no Jedi fighting in the war and a bunch of troops confront Dooku? Lolz. Bye bye troops.
            And yet supposedly Jedi are dying left and right. Surely Dooku and Grevious can't be killing that many jedi.
            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Selkhet View Post
              And yet supposedly Jedi are dying left and right. Surely Dooku and Grevious can't be killing that many jedi.
              Oh of course not. Although that would of been cool IMO if Dooku and Grievous were that powerful. I myself understand why they are dying so much, many Jedi have never been in a conflict like this since there was peace for so long. Plus many Jedi became full of themself because of the war IMO.

Comment

That makes sense.
                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                X