This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Gene therapy on Atlantis -- potential spoilers through 'the Gift'

I'm curious as to why Dr. Beckett hasn't vaccinated more of the Atlantis team with the ancient gene. We know that McKay is the first to be vaccinated and that the therapy works. Although there are unknown risks and the vaccine is not guaranteed to work, if Beckett risked it with McKay, one of the most important people on Atlantis, why wouldn't he risk it on everyone else?

It seems to me that having as many people as possible capable of using the ancient technology would be a huge benefit.

Apparently several people have been given the treatment, but it doesn't always work.

Comment

Originally posted by Quetzcoatl
      Apparently several people have been given the treatment, but it doesn't always work.
      I think someone said in an episode that I doesn't work on everyone yet so they are still working on it (probably "Hot Zone" but I'm not sure...)

Comment

yeah it was hot zone and it was in reference to the chec guy!
        sigpic
        Stargate Destiny - Coming Again Soon

Comment

Originally posted by elvital
          I think someone said in an episode that I doesn't work on everyone yet so they are still working on it (probably "Hot Zone" but I'm not sure...)
          Zelenka said it only worked for 48% of the people givin the injection. If that number is right, they must have tried at least fifty people.

a time to mourn

Comment

Originally posted by Hatcheter
            Zelenka said it only worked for 48% of the people givin the injection. If that number is right, they must have tried at least fifty people.
            Actually, only 25 (and 12 of those would have been succesful)

Comment

Originally posted by fair_nymph
              I'm curious as to why Dr. Beckett hasn't vaccinated more of the Atlantis team with the ancient gene.
              Rodney made it very clear he wished to be given the gene, so he volunteered himself. Beckett probably wants to work the kinks out before he gives it to everybody, besides, for the moment they have people with the gene so it's probably not absolutely vital that everyone get it.
              Secretary-General of GATO ¤ Defender of F.O.R.D.

Comment

Working...
              X