who else thinks the same ?

what right minded guy wouldn't want james ? :cameron:

jelgate
April 27th, 2011, 01:47 PM
Despite what sterotypes say men can care about more than physical appearence

The_Asgard_live
April 27th, 2011, 01:56 PM
Tsk tsk. He didn't say anything about physical appearance. James is also physically capable/aggressive, (read bad ass) and I am sure has a lovely personality.

That said, yeah, Varro wins.

Ben 'Teal'c would WIN!!' Noble
April 27th, 2011, 02:00 PM
It was cheesey that he just looked at her at the wedding and fell in love. Well if I can't have TJ she'll do. :p.

Razor One
April 27th, 2011, 02:03 PM
He fell in love with a woman that could and likely did kick his ass.

Repeatedly. :P

s09119
April 27th, 2011, 02:03 PM

That was awfully judgmental for someone condemning a perceived shallow judgment.

Egle01
April 27th, 2011, 02:04 PM
It was cheesey that he just looked at her at the wedding and fell in love.Almost as unexpected and sudden as Eli/Barnes. Varro's look made me laugh, those hook ups were so funny. :P

Duneknight
April 27th, 2011, 02:09 PM
i dont know, not all men care for that gravity defying stuff in that way like me for instance. you know what i mean; like the balloons but not the zeppelins. like the volleyballs but not the basketballs.

Nemises
April 27th, 2011, 02:21 PM
i dont know, not all men care for that gravity defying stuff in that way like me for instance. you know what i mean; like the balloons but not the zeppelins. like the volleyballs but not the basketballs.

she'd still be the best even if her chest was reduced by half.

Egle01
April 27th, 2011, 02:25 PM
Two seasons later and still the same gag? :rolleyes:

Cory Holmes
April 27th, 2011, 03:23 PM
Two seasons later and still the same gag? :rolleyes:

Sad, innit?

Phenom
April 27th, 2011, 03:43 PM

I don't know mate, Barnes has a big female football player thing going on that is pretty hard to resist.

Major_Griff
April 27th, 2011, 03:50 PM
I myself would have preferred to end up with TJ, but James ain't a bad booby prize.

Replicator Todd
April 27th, 2011, 05:45 PM
There is way more to James than her chest. :mckay:

General Jumper One
April 27th, 2011, 05:53 PM
James talking to McKay: "I'm up here" *pointing to her head*

Keeper
April 27th, 2011, 05:53 PM
apparently i'm not right-minded - i'd refuse james without hesitation.

it's not that she's not a nice woman, nor is it that she's unattractive - obviously she is. but she doesn't appeal to me personally, never has. not all blokes have similar tastes, whether physical or otherwise.

Replicator Todd
April 27th, 2011, 06:30 PM
James talking to McKay: "I'm up here" *pointing to her head*

Well...thats Mckay for ya! :p

rvi9981
April 27th, 2011, 06:59 PM
Maybe she told him about the hallucination she had with that bug and that's what got him to drop tj hell I drop her too James was hot in that episode

Duneknight
April 27th, 2011, 07:18 PM
Maybe she told him about the hallucination she had with that bug and that's what got him to drop tj hell I drop her too James was hot in that episode

what hallucination i forgot.

Egle01
April 27th, 2011, 10:16 PM
Sad, innit?Extremely.

what hallucination i forgot.Episode "Pain".

sholva1
April 27th, 2011, 10:20 PM
tj is the best looking female, so no

Vicious
April 28th, 2011, 12:08 AM
He fell in love with a woman that could and likely did kick his ass.

Repeatedly. :P

There's something sexy about a woman who can kick my @$$.....

Nth Chevron
April 28th, 2011, 03:28 AM
Ummm, to put it delicately.

..Yes... twice.. a minute.. for the rest of my life ..

That is all

N.C

Steelbox
April 28th, 2011, 04:19 AM
I don't know mate, Barnes has a big female football player thing going on that is pretty hard to resist.
She is quit atractive for me.

http://stargate.mgm.com/assets//OtherCharacter/1300125547/136/PortalThumb.jpg%3C/a%3E
http://stargate.mgm.com/assets//OtherCharacter/1300125547/136/PortalThumb.jpg (http://stargate.mgm.com/assets//OtherCharacter/1300125547/136/PortalThumb.jpg)

http://images.tvrage.com/people/10/28323.jpg%3C/a%3E
(http://images.tvrage.com/people/10/28323.jpg)http://images.wikia.com/stargate/images/9/98/Barnes_%28Destiny%29.jpg (http://images.wikia.com/stargate/images/9/98/Barnes_%28Destiny%29.jpg)

Ser Scot A Ellison
April 28th, 2011, 06:32 AM
Nemises,

She is very VERY attractive. Lucky guy. That said I was kind of hoping for Eli.

darkthunder84
April 28th, 2011, 07:25 AM
Well...thats Mckay for ya! :p

True dat. But then again, preior to 'Seizure', last time we saw McKay, he was happily involved with Jennifer (Keller). No mention at all about her or Atlantis in 'Seizure'. Sadly, all we got was a passing reference to "Shepherd".

Duneknight
April 28th, 2011, 08:12 AM
What i dont get is this. James was always the one wanting approval, wanting to prove herself. How does Varro give her that? I expected her to go with Greer, since she probably admires him.

Keeper
April 28th, 2011, 08:21 AM
she's also a higher rank than greer, which may make a small complication - who's in charge?

with varro, she sees a man who is strong, confident, in charge, and with more experience than most of the earth people - he's lived his life under constant troubles, and still come out fairly balanced. he's proven he can put his life on the line for people who took him captive - he holds little or no animosity and has been co-operative.

greer is reserved, and in his duties, while he can clearly take the initiative when needed, he looks to a superior officer if they're around - he's probably less likely to head off for a few days camping in the woods or whatever, since he'll be busy making a home and making sure that his wife is comfortable.

varro can easily show a challenge to james, and yet hold her in high regard at the same time, because he recognises a woman of authority, that is his equal in many ways, unlike greer who may see her as his superior because of their job roles.

Duneknight
April 28th, 2011, 08:38 AM
she's also a higher rank than greer, which may make a small complication - who's in charge?

with varro, she sees a man who is strong, confident, in charge, and with more experience than most of the earth people - he's lived his life under constant troubles, and still come out fairly balanced. he's proven he can put his life on the line for people who took him captive - he holds little or no animosity and has been co-operative.

greer is reserved, and in his duties, while he can clearly take the initiative when needed, he looks to a superior officer if they're around - he's probably less likely to head off for a few days camping in the woods or whatever, since he'll be busy making a home and making sure that his wife is comfortable.

varro can easily show a challenge to james, and yet hold her in high regard at the same time, because he recognises a woman of authority, that is his equal in many ways, unlike greer who may see her as his superior because of their job roles.

okay thats fair, cant argue with that.

Ser Scot A Ellison
April 28th, 2011, 01:25 PM
Keeper,

Once they're trapped on Novus do fraternization rules really matter? They need to reproduce because those kids are going to help them do simple things like grow food and build houses. Rapid baby making will be important once a secure food supply is established.

Keeper
April 28th, 2011, 01:39 PM
Keeper,

Once they're trapped on Novus do fraternization rules really matter? They need to reproduce because those kids are going to help them do simple things like grow food and build houses. Rapid baby making will be important once a secure food supply is established.

the rules might not - though we're never told about that, and with young elected as mayor (at least twice, apparently) it's possible that such things are held on to, at least in tradition.

however greer's acknowledgement of james as superior officer might get in the way. he may not feel comfortable enough in that situation. if it were myself in it, i know i wouldn't - and greer's comfort zones haven't been fully explored to say whether he could cope. i'm just suggesting the possibility, not saying that they couldn't be together - but i just can't see it.

morrismike
April 29th, 2011, 07:59 AM

finding one that will put up with them would be #1

Despite how hot any woman is there is a guy out there tired of putting up with her #$%&. I'm sure the reverse is true also.

Inquisitor
April 30th, 2011, 03:02 AM
Well, it's something to pursue.

FoX-1028
April 30th, 2011, 07:34 AM

lol +:D

Gollumpus
April 30th, 2011, 09:24 PM
I've become very impressed with the James character. She has evolved so much over these two seasons and it's a shame we cannot see her continue to grow.

In this episode we see a level of maturity which was probably always there, but at the beginning was side tracked for a time due to her involvement with Scott.

regards,
G.

morrismike
May 2nd, 2011, 04:36 AM
What i dont get is this. James was always the one wanting approval, wanting to prove herself. How does Varro give her that? I expected her to go with Greer, since she probably admires him.
chicks usually go for the biggest loser in a crowd....it's human nature

morrismike
May 2nd, 2011, 04:37 AM
I've become very impressed with the James character. She has evolved so much over these two seasons and it's a shame we cannot see her continue to grow.

In this episode we see a level of maturity which was probably always there, but at the beginning was side tracked for a time due to her involvement with Scott.

regards,
G.

Having TPTW making her character a 38DD bra with a human being attached was a bad start.

General Jumper One
May 2nd, 2011, 04:56 AM
Having TPTW making her character a 38DD bra with a human being attached was a bad start.

You can't really control how big your bra size other than the artificial way, anyway its a personal choice not something TPTB control.

SoulReaver
May 2nd, 2011, 05:17 AM
Two seasons later and still the same gag? :rolleyes:and breast assured, this ain't the last of it :(

Keeper
May 2nd, 2011, 05:20 AM
You can't really control how big your bra size other than the artificial way, anyway its a personal choice not something TPTB control.

TPTB chose the actress.

General Jumper One
May 2nd, 2011, 05:26 AM
TPTB chose the actress.

yeah, they chose all the actors when they go in for what ever they do to get the roles. and not to mention Julia Benson played a character on Stargate before.

KEK
May 2nd, 2011, 05:31 AM

To be fair, certain fans couldn't see past her breasts because they're juvenile, not because there's nothing there. It was bizarre to watch the the people bleating about objectification being the only people actually objectifying her.

morrismike
May 2nd, 2011, 07:14 AM
To be fair, certain fans couldn't see past her breasts because they're juvenile, not because there's nothing there. It was bizarre to watch the the people bleating about objectification being the only people actually objectifying her.
Unfortunately the "decision" to have a loose girl with big boobs cost them an enormous amount of women viewers (Briangate had the numbers a while back). Her character was completely unnecessary and hurt the show.

revo1059
May 2nd, 2011, 07:42 AM

Blasphemy!!!!!!!! They shall not be reduced in size!

jelgate
May 2nd, 2011, 07:43 AM
Unfortunately the "decision" to have a loose girl with big boobs cost them an enormous amount of women viewers (Briangate had the numbers a while back). Her character was completely unnecessary and hurt the show.

Proof? If true that is sad to put off a character based on physical appearence.

morrismike
May 2nd, 2011, 08:08 AM
Proof? If true that is sad to put off a character based on physical appearence.
It had nothing to do with appearance but everything to do with what that character was intended to accomplish. If she was a 32AA , homely, and wasn't in that broom closet with Chauchy we wouldn't be having this discussion right now.

jelgate
May 2nd, 2011, 08:10 AM
It had nothing to do with appearance but everything to do with what that character was intended to accomplish. If she was a 32AA , homely, and wasn't in that broom closet with Chauchy we wouldn't be having this discussion right now.
I'm still not seeing proof

morrismike
May 2nd, 2011, 08:31 AM

What proof would you accept? Would female fans comprising only 25% (from the 40 -45% level under SG1 and A) of SGU fans be enough?

revo1059
May 2nd, 2011, 10:17 AM
Unfortunately the "decision" to have a loose girl with big boobs cost them an enormous amount of women viewers (Briangate had the numbers a while back). Her character was completely unnecessary and hurt the show

Well thats showing peoples insecurities They have an attractive woman on the show and because of one scene in the 1st episode she's "loose"? Wow some people take TV WAY too seriously. Compared to most of the crap that festers on TV that was nothing.

oh, also, it's OK to have characters in Star Trek dressed in skin tight unforms (or even some of the women in SG-1, some of those outfits were revealing), but SGU puts a woman in regular military clothing and because she's attractive, "equipped" and has ONE "hot" scene, she's useless and ruins the show. Please............

morrismike
May 2nd, 2011, 11:12 AM
Well thats showing peoples insecurities They have an attractive woman on the show and because of one scene in the 1st episode she's "loose"? Wow some people take TV WAY too seriously. Compared to most of the crap that festers on TV that was nothing.

oh, also, it's OK to have characters in Star Trek dressed in skin tight unforms (or even some of the women in SG-1, some of those outfits were revealing), but SGU puts a woman in regular military clothing and because she's attractive, "equipped" and has ONE "hot" scene, she's useless and ruins the show. Please............

Think what you want. All I know is that this was one of many things that tanked the show.

SaberBlade
May 2nd, 2011, 11:43 AM

Bit hard not to objectify her when the first time she appears on SGU, she's nailing Scott in a broom closet. Then Eli starts perving on her with a Kino in a later episode. I'm glad SGU has a capable female soldier even if it's just a recurring character, but they could have treated her better from the beginning instead of obviously trying to use her to appeal to the 18-35 male demographic.

It did hurt her, but at the same time it also hurt Scott who pretty much ignored her and decided to move onto a new conquest.

It also hurt SG1, when Vala showed up and wouldn't shut up about sexual matters. It was hard to take her serious when she kept going on about sex.

morrismike
May 2nd, 2011, 12:01 PM
Bit hard not to objectify her when the first time she appears on SGU, she's nailing Scott in a broom closet. Then Eli starts perving on her with a Kino in a later episode. I'm glad SGU has a capable female soldier even if it's just a recurring character, but they could have treated her better from the beginning instead of obviously trying to use her to appeal to the 18-35 male demographic.

It did hurt her, but at the same time it also hurt Scott who pretty much ignored her and decided to move onto a new conquest.

It also hurt SG1, when Vala showed up and wouldn't shut up about sexual matters. It was hard to take her serious when she kept going on about sex.

you're wasting your time with the "Joanie Loves Chachi" crowd.

LordRush
May 2nd, 2011, 03:41 PM

MorrisMike speaks the truth, Ive seen BrianGate post the network numbers and explain things about the show. Let me put it bluntly - they ran a min by min ratings report and every time the scene cut to big boobs the episode lost viewers. I think couple of other people here posted similar explanations.

jelgate
May 2nd, 2011, 03:51 PM
MorrisMike speaks the truth, Ive seen BrianGate post the network numbers and explain things about the show. Let me put it bluntly - they ran a min by min ratings report and every time the scene cut to big boobs the episode lost viewers. I think couple of other people here posted similar explanations.

If that is true then you should have no problem producing proof

General Jumper One
May 2nd, 2011, 03:55 PM
All I'm seeing is blah blah blah etc...

KEK
May 2nd, 2011, 09:29 PM

Loose? We've seen her have sex with one person thus far, and maintained interest in him and no one else for the better part of a year. This isn't the 1950's!

Bit hard not to objectify her when the first time she appears on SGU, she's nailing Scott in a broom closet.

I don't see what one has to do with the other, least of all considering the fact that that's the first we saw of Scott too. They did do her a disservice in making all of her storylines early on about her love interest though, but that's not really the same as objectifying her.

Unfortunately BrianGate's 'inside info' is about as reliable as London buses.

SoulReaver
May 18th, 2011, 07:23 AM
I don't know mate, Barnes has a big female football player thing going on that is pretty hard to resist.thanks to that ep, I found out that it was a "she" :|