PDA

View Full Version : Epilogue RP (Role Play) Idea

RoK
April 27th, 2011, 01:33 PM
After watching the latest episode and everyone's (almost) positive review on it, I was thinking about starting up an RP (role play), based on the people of Novus. Now I've looked on here and I have seen only one Universe RP (Stargate New Seasons: Destiny) going on in this forum. So, I think it would probably be a pretty cool idea to do something like that.

As for ideas, I was thinking about doing it after the members of the Destiny expedition have kids, grandkids, etc. This way we can have more diverse characters (people can create their own characters), along with having some of the members of the expedition still alive, old, but alive. I'm also thinking about making things a bit non-cannonical (such as TJ still being alive and not having ALS). As well has having non-cannoning couples (i.e. Chloe and Eli, TJ and Varro, Scott and James, etc). However, that's still up in the air. Then if the RP goes well, we can have it go towards the modern day. What do you guys think? Feedback? Anyone interested? (Note: This hasn't actually started up yet. If enough people are interested, a new thread will be posted.)

TameFarrar
April 27th, 2011, 08:40 PM
Please be sure to read and follow the RPG instructions located in this folder :D

Thanks and good luck with a new game :D

rushy
May 3rd, 2011, 03:27 AM
You mean live through the entire history of Novus(I have a very good idea how Futura started)?

rushy
May 3rd, 2011, 03:27 AM
Oh, and the idea is awesome. I'm in.

RoK
May 3rd, 2011, 03:31 AM
You mean live through the entire history of Novus(I have a very good idea how Futura started)?

Yeah, basically. Now we gotta get more people interested and willing to do this. Have any ideas?

rushy
May 3rd, 2011, 03:32 AM
Yeah. I'll be back.

RoK
May 3rd, 2011, 03:33 AM
-blinks, is confused- Huh?

rushy
May 3rd, 2011, 03:51 AM
I just told a few people about the Idea. I'll go find more people.

rushy
May 3rd, 2011, 05:24 AM
Ideas about the history:Let's start with the crew of Destiny and slowly go to new generations.

RoK
May 3rd, 2011, 02:37 PM
Let's wait and see if anybody else joins before we start talking ideas and what not.

timstro59
May 3rd, 2011, 05:39 PM
im in. sounds like an interesting idea.

RoK
May 3rd, 2011, 05:53 PM
Welcome aboard. That's 3 people total (myself included), that's interested. Let's see if we can get a couple more people interested before we start talking details and what not.

rushy
May 4th, 2011, 06:29 AM
Welcome aboard. That's 3 people total (myself included), that's interested. Let's see if we can get a couple more people interested before we start talking details and what not.

4 people, I hope.

timstro59
May 4th, 2011, 03:07 PM
i posted a link to this on the "you know your stargate fan when" thread, hopefully that will get more people interested.

try posting links to it around gateworld and hope people will follow.

rushy
May 5th, 2011, 06:30 AM
i posted a link to this on the "you know your stargate fan when" thread, hopefully that will get more people interested.

try posting links to it around gateworld and hope people will follow.

That's not a bad idea...

timstro59
May 5th, 2011, 04:35 PM
also try to find someone who can make some sigs for us, to use for spreading news about this.

RoK
May 5th, 2011, 06:25 PM
My apologizes for not being around the last few days. I've been sick and I still am, so I'm trying to get better.

timstro59
May 6th, 2011, 03:50 AM
get well soon.

rushy
May 7th, 2011, 07:59 AM
So. We have 3 people. How much do we need in minimum?

RoK
May 7th, 2011, 04:30 PM
get well soon.

Thanks. I have pink eye and it sucks. My vision's all hazy out of my eye and I can't see too well because of it.

So. We have 3 people. How much do we need in minimum?

I say around 5 or 6 people total, just to be on the safe side.

rushy
May 8th, 2011, 02:09 AM
That shouldn't be too hard. 6 people in min, we have half that already.

RoK
May 9th, 2011, 11:16 PM
Anybody have any luck finding people?

rushy
May 10th, 2011, 01:20 PM
Maybe one... Not especially. But this shouldn't be too hard. I'll be back in a few days with a few people...

RoK
May 12th, 2011, 02:49 AM
I want to pitch this idea to you guys for this RP. I'm thinking about bringing in a character with special powers. If so, I can intrigrate him into the original Destiny crew and his descendants would be able to help out the people of Novus. Of course in the present, the percentage of people with powers would be really low. I'm thinking 5 or less percent.

It's up to everyone else whether or not to allow it. I won't be mad if you guys say no. I just want to know what you guys think.

timstro59
May 12th, 2011, 05:19 AM
sounds interesting. it should make for an interesting story.

rushy
May 12th, 2011, 10:21 AM
Yeah. Maybe we should say that Eli's wisdom went so big he had special powers some 30 years since the arrival. Oh, and since there appears to be no luck with finding new members, I suggest we pick our Destiny(and self-made) characters and start. How many characters are allowed?

rushy
May 12th, 2011, 10:25 AM
Oh, and we should end this thread and start the RPG one.

RoK
May 12th, 2011, 12:41 PM
Cool, I wasn't sure if you guys liked it and all. Before we pick characters and what not, let's come up with ideas for the RPG itself. Do you guys want to start off from the beginning? Like when they first arrived and what not?

timstro59
May 12th, 2011, 07:01 PM
i think we should start the rpg some time between 2 - 3 years after they arrived, so we could have some basic supplies, resources, enough buildings, and areas.

basically so this wont end up as a fight to survive type rpg.

RoK
May 12th, 2011, 08:16 PM
Yeah, that works. What do you think rushy?

rushy
May 13th, 2011, 07:54 AM
Sure, basic supplies would be great. Oh, and I really think that a Level 2 fence around the village(the same that Greer planned) would be good as well. Without the fence, it would still be a survival. So my question remains:How many characters can one have and how many objects can a character own.

rushy
May 13th, 2011, 07:57 AM
Also, let's make some alien animals so we could have someone to fight if we choose to.

timstro59
May 13th, 2011, 04:50 PM
character limits: up to 3.
object limit: since it is going to be a relatively small community there should a communal system for object,(I.e. whats mine is yours)

animals to fight should give people something to do when no ones on the forum.

RoK
May 13th, 2011, 08:53 PM
character limits: up to 3.
object limit: since it is going to be a relatively small community there should a communal system for object,(I.e. whats mine is yours)

animals to fight should give people something to do when no ones on the forum.

I have to agree with the object limit. As for something for us to fight, we can always fight the people that think that Rush is returning. Perhaps that's something that can contribute to them leaving. As for character limit, I would raise it up a bit until we get more people, unless you guys want some of them to be NPC (Non-Playable Characters). Up to you though.

rushy
May 14th, 2011, 02:38 AM
So.. if there's gonna be like, 5 characters you can choose, I choose Brody, Eli, Varro, Morrison and Captain Ischan(non-canon). Their skills and objects:
Adam Brody: Radio, Level 1 Stick and a pen. Level 4 Science skills and Level 2 fighting skills.
Eli Wallace:Radio, 1 pistol with 9 bullets and a Kino. Level 7 Science skills and Level 1 fighting skills.
Varro:Radio, 1 Rocket Launcher(non-canon) with 3 rockets and a P-90(replacing Lucian Alliance automatic guns) with range 200 meters. He has 5 cartridges. Level 3 Science skills, Level 5 Hunting skills and Level 6 fighting skills.
Morrison:Kino, Radio and Level 1 stick. Level 2 Science skills, Level 1 fighting skills.
Ischan:Radio, UMP, Battle Vest, Backpack, sidearm. Level 6 fighting skills, Level 2 hunting skills.

Now it's up to you guys.

rushy
May 14th, 2011, 02:43 AM
So.. if there's gonna be like, 5 characters you can choose, I choose Brody, Eli, Varro, Morrison and Captain Ischan(non-canon). Their skills and objects:
Adam Brody: Radio, Level 1 Stick and a pen. Level 4 Science skills and Level 2 fighting skills.
Eli Wallace:Radio, 1 pistol with 9 bullets and a Kino. Level 7 Science skills and Level 1 fighting skills.
Varro:Radio, 1 Rocket Launcher(non-canon) with 3 rockets and a P-90(replacing Lucian Alliance automatic guns) with range 200 meters. He has 5 cartridges. Level 3 Science skills, Level 5 Hunting skills and Level 6 fighting skills.
Morrison:Kino, Radio and Level 1 stick. Level 2 Science skills, Level 1 fighting skills.
Ischan:Radio, UMP, Battle Vest, Backpack, sidearm. Level 6 fighting skills, Level 2 hunting skills.

Now it's up to you guys.

Oh, and Rok should have Colonel Young.

timstro59
May 14th, 2011, 05:55 AM
i guess i will choose Varro.

rushy
May 14th, 2011, 08:08 AM
i guess i will choose Varro.
I don't know is you've noticed, but I just chose Varro.

rushy
May 14th, 2011, 08:09 AM
And Brody, Morrison, Ischan and Eli.

RoK
May 14th, 2011, 01:40 PM
Not entirely sure on the skill set thing. I'm just not used to it, that's all. I'm just basically used to posting up some info on non-canon characters and just winging it.

timstro59
May 14th, 2011, 04:59 PM

never mind.

I guess I'll choose Matthew Scott, Ronald Greer, and David Walters.

RoK
May 14th, 2011, 08:45 PM
Since we're making things non-cannonical, do you guys want stuff like TJ not having ALS or Volkner not die from kindey failure, etc?

timstro59
May 15th, 2011, 05:44 AM
that sounds like it might be a good idea.

rushy
May 15th, 2011, 06:13 AM
Fine. So, Rok, pick your characters and let's start.

RoK
May 16th, 2011, 03:17 AM
Before I pick my characters and before we officially start, I want to put up some rules I have typed out for this RPG. If they're alright with you guys, then I'll pick my characters and we can get started.

Rules

1. There shall be no arguing going on in this RPG. If you have a disagreement take it to either visitor messages or PMs. If a argument/disagreement can’t be settled by the parties involved, then the owner of the RPG is to be contacted. If the owner can’t find a solution, then the respected arguing parties will be asked to leave. If not, then the forum mod will be contacted and they will deal with the situation. Of course, follow all of the forum rules on this website (Gateworld). Also, respect your fellow players and respect others.

2. No God-Modding. This means people can’t control characters that they aren’t RPing. However, if it has been discussed by the RPers and has been cleared by the owner (RoK) and all parties involved, then it is perfectly acceptable. However, all parties involved must contact the owner (either by PM or visitor message) and inform them of what is going on. There is also NO killing of characters controlled by someone else.

3. There will be a time-limit of one week for posting. If you’re able to get on everyday, then you should be able to post. If something in real life has come up, please post out of character saying what has happened. Afterwards, contact the owner of the RPG so something can be worked out. Real life comes first.

4. If you decide to leave the RPG, then that’s fine. If you’re playing a cannon character (like Brody or James, for example), then try to arrange to find replacement RPers. If not, then those characters will become NPCs (non-playable characters), until we can find someone to play them. If you’re playing an original character, then you may have the choice of having the character leave or die in character. If you choose for that character to die, then you will not be able to come back and play that character again (to avoid confusion in character). If you choose to have that character leave (either go somewhere else on Novus or go through the gate), then you may play them if you decide to come back.

5. Until we get more people, then a lot of the characters will be NPCs (non-playable characters). In which anyone can use in a post if need be. However, when someone decides to fully play the character, then they will play that character however they want (like if TJ wanted to be with Varro or Chloe wanted to be with Eli). As for original characters, please try to post some background information on them so the other players have something to work on.

6. At least one paragraph (5-8 sentences) post per character. Don’t want to have a bunch short posts and make the thread extremely long. If you’re playing multiple characters, you can combine your replies into one post. Just make some sort of separation for each character that you’re doing so there isn’t any confusion.

rushy
May 16th, 2011, 09:14 AM
Background info on Captain Edric Ischan(non-canon):A soldier who follows orders unless the leader is mentally unstable or sth. and does his best for the Destiny Crew. Accepts dangerous missions and is pretty good at fighting. He is vulnerable to anger sometimes and can get into a fight(he has a reputation for arguing). He most despises idioticism that usually manifests in his arch-nemesis, Captain "Ginger". His other flaw is a great ego and arrogance. Still, he is capable of controlling himself. Still, he is a trusted and trained warrior who doesn't drink coffee or smoke. For an unknown reason, he quite admires Colonel Young, Colonel Telford and Dr. Rush.
Favorite weapon:MP-5
Favorite drink:Tea or water.
Favorite food:chicken.
Best friend:Nobody.

timstro59
May 16th, 2011, 05:18 PM
all my characters are canon.

rushy
May 17th, 2011, 09:35 AM
Never seen any David Walters on SGU...

timstro59
May 17th, 2011, 02:43 PM
look for him in the omnipedia.

RoK
May 17th, 2011, 05:37 PM
I looked him up, he's cannon. I also can't believe I missed him when I watched "Light" last night. Anyway, I'll be playing Young, Volker, and Chris Steele (non-cannon). I'll put up some info on Chris here pretty soon.

RoK
May 18th, 2011, 04:11 AM
Blah, I'm being lazy when it comes to posting info on my non-cannon character, Chris. I'll type something up and post it by the end of Wednesday, I promise. For now though, I have a summary of the RPG. Let me know what you guys think and tell me if it works for you.

Set a few years (no more than 5) after the Destiny crew (minus Rush and Telford) was sent back in time via stargate, they are settling into their new world, Novus, and their lives on this new world. Children are being born and families are being raised. However, things aren’t all what they appear. People are still keeping secrets and are still fighting with each other. Adam Brody and others still believe that Rush will still come with the Destiny and save them, while Colonel Everett Young and others are looking towards the future. This and other things will eventually split the crew apart and their problems will be passed down the generations. Things won’t be the same again.

rushy
May 18th, 2011, 07:03 AM
The idea is awesome(especially since I get to play Brody)! What are we waiting for besides your Chris character?

RoK
May 19th, 2011, 03:36 AM
The idea is awesome(especially since I get to play Brody)! What are we waiting for besides your Chris character?

I'm actually trying to find another person to join in. We seem to be lacking female roles for this RP. Like TJ, Chloe, Wray, James, etc. So far, no luck. Anyway, in the meantime, here's some basic information about my character, Chris. I'll actually be writing some fanfics about him on here, which should fill in the gaps and give you guys some history on him.

Basic info on Chris Steele (non-canon): Chris is 25 years old and has brown hair and brown eyes. Born in Mesa, Arizona, his parents died shortly after he was born and he was raised by Dr. David Steele, a geneticist who manipulated Chris’ genes, making him a genius and “the perfect human”. After dropping out of college, Chris became a nurse at a nursing home before he was taken to Icarus Base. On his way there aboard the George Hammond, Chris met and became friends with Eli Wallace and Chloe Armstrong. After being stranded on Destiny, he started to develop symptoms (severe headaches, vomiting, coughing, etc). While on Destiny, Chris had become close friends with Eli, Chloe, and Lt. Matthew Scott. He calls the people on Destiny his family (even Rush), and thinks of Matt and Eli as brothers. While stranded on Novus, Chris’ symptoms have gotten more severe. Aside from Young and TJ, nobody else knows about his condition.

Favorite weapon: His sword (which he brought with him and eventually broke most of it up for other tools) and his powers.

Powers: Other than his top physical form and genius level intellect, Chris posses the power of Elemental Transmutation, more commonly known as Alchemy. He has the power to change or alter the chemical compounds of a substance or object by mentally rearranging its atomic structure. Because of this power and his understanding of human anatomy, Chris can essentially heal people of varies wounds and diseases, as long as he knows the cause of them. He refers to this part of his power as “patch work”, and leaves the real healing to doctors (or in his case, TJ, the ship’s “doctor”). However, there are some limits to his power. Chris can’t create something out of nothing, as something must always be there to be taken away and then reformed. He can’t bring back the dead. He also can’t turn an organic material into an inorganic material and vise versa. It also appears that using his power is accelerating whatever his condition is.

Family: Chris believes that all the Destiny crew on Novus are his family. However, he views Young as a father figure and Wray as somewhat as a mother figure. He also thinks that Eli and Matt are his brothers and TJ as his sister. Chris does have romantic feelings for Chloe, but has put them aside so she can be happy.

blueray
May 20th, 2011, 09:54 AM
interesting idea, i've never did a rpg before.

rushy
May 20th, 2011, 10:44 AM
Blueray, Join us and we shall rule the galaxy as... sorry, I have a tendency for quotes. So, Rok how about we just start playing finally.

RoK
May 20th, 2011, 02:27 PM
Soon rushy, soon. Blueray, which characters would you like to be? All of our female characters are open and you can make up your own character if you want as well.

Ripley2012
May 21st, 2011, 09:19 AM
Hello! I have also never done a RPG and will need some time to do some research....sounds like fun though! I will refresh on the female characters of SGU and depending on who Bluray picks, I will go from there. Thanks for having me!

RoK
May 21st, 2011, 06:32 PM
Hello! I have also never done a RPG and will need some time to do some research....sounds like fun though! I will refresh on the female characters of SGU and depending on who Bluray picks, I will go from there. Thanks for having me!

Welcome aboard Ripley. I don't know if blueray's doing this RPG or not. I'll track her down and ask. In the meantime, who would you like to play as Ripley?

Ripley2012
May 21st, 2011, 06:43 PM
I would like to take over Camille, TJ, and I have a canon-character that I developed which the synapse is below. I think it was decided that TJ would still have ALS.

Aurora Jones:
Aurora has a mildly dark complexion, almost olive. She inherited her long dark black hair and her strong facial features from her mother Aiyana, a Native American women from the Navajo Nation deep into her roots, originating from New Mexico. While her timid personality mimics her fathers: Dr. Manfred Jones. She has worked within the Air Force for 10 years, in fact she joined right after she obtained her undergraduate, and then while in the Air Force was able to finish her MD. She deviated from her plan to enter into practice almost immediately and was excepted into a graduate program for genetic studies. Later she brought onto the Stargate program to research genetic technologies acquired from all previous mission. Aurora was told to join her colleagues at the Icarus base to set up a partial biomedical research lab to solidify biological research on the base, defining hazards while implementing strict protocol in regards to the native landscape. When everyone was evacuated onto the destiny, she managed to stay under the radar while politics took over. Although Johansen took the brunt of the medical procedures, Aurora could never stomach any medical procedures leaving her ill almost immediately; she blatantly refused to administer her professional abilities due to personal conflict. Deeming her a weak link after lack of motivation through this tremulous time, Comeal disregarded her professional mistake and Aurora became a wall flower. But when the team of the Destiny came to the planet as desolate explorers, Aurora became aware of the severity of the situation and became able to draw from her Native American heritage to provide basic knowledge of tribal living as she grew up on a Navajo reservation in New Mexico, and also overcome her conflicts with the medical field and provide assistance and work alongside TJ.

Rushy, was hoping for this character to develop some kind of relationship with Varro due to her scientific background and him being basically an alien to her. What do you think? Perhaps later on though?

I have never done this, so bare with me....:D

kimmyg
May 21st, 2011, 08:32 PM
Sorry, not interested. I'm too busy writing fan fiction. Thanks for the offer though.

Ripley2012
May 22nd, 2011, 09:14 AM
I know this is not the best, but it was mentioned to have a sig to generate new characters. I made this like in two minutes. I am sure that someone could produce a more extravagant one! Ha, I'm laughing at the simplicity!

http://img840.imageshack.us/img840/8482/1306080752.png (http://www.bannersketch.com/)

blueray
May 22nd, 2011, 12:28 PM
hey, just noticed my notification. yeah i'll try to play, not sure how much time i'll really have.

what female characters are still open? or should i just make my own?

RoK
May 22nd, 2011, 01:47 PM
hey, just noticed my notification. yeah i'll try to play, not sure how much time i'll really have.

what female characters are still open? or should i just make my own?

Right now out of the "main" female characters, Chloe, Lt. James, and Lisa Park are still open if you want to play them. You can make your own character if you like, which is fine. If you do so, put the information on the character up on the thread here so we can all know a bit about them.

timstro59
May 22nd, 2011, 02:27 PM
I know this is not the best, but it was mentioned to have a sig to generate new characters. I made this like in two minutes. I am sure that someone could produce a more extravagant one! Ha, I'm laughing at the simplicity!

http://img840.imageshack.us/img840/8482/1306080752.png (http://www.bannersketch.com/)

it looks good, i updated my sig with your banner.

Ripley2012
May 22nd, 2011, 03:03 PM
timstro59: glad that it will work for now!

RPG buddies: Can't wait to start!

RoK
May 22nd, 2011, 09:47 PM
Nicely done Ripley. It will do until we actually get started, which should be here soon. In the meantime I wanted our RPG to have a name. Anybody got any suggestions?

RoK
May 22nd, 2011, 10:28 PM
Here guys, Pharaoh Atem fixed the sig so it isn't as long as the other one. Use this until we come up with one when the RPG actually gets started.

http://i1117.photobucket.com/albums/k591/paulm84/c88ef8e4.jpg

rushy
May 23rd, 2011, 07:38 AM
Okay... by the way, we don't have much info on Tim's character David Walters(I know he's canon but basically all we know is that he's a human scientist on Destiny). Then we wait a little and finally start the RPG.

P.S. I'm making a Novus RPG signature 2.

timstro59
May 23rd, 2011, 10:33 AM
David Walters:
height: 5'10"
weight: 220
likes: reading through the ancient database, "sweet" potatoes, and the stargate
dislikes: close-quarter combat(but loves ship-ship), onions.
description: hes joined the Icarus expedition 4 years before the first connection was made, then joined the crew of destiny when it became apparent that they couldn't go home, he has stayed somewhat aloof and considers himself to be a loner, but he still tries to socialize with others.
skills: very knowledgeable about matters of weapon systems and knows how to cook(somewhat).
bonus: he is also an expert marksman due to him being a 13 year member of the N.R.A.

edit: i just realized I pretty much described myself, except for the age.(im 19)

RoK
May 24th, 2011, 01:12 AM
Alright, so before we start, any suggestions on a name for our RPG?

escyos
May 24th, 2011, 05:42 AM
I created a wiki earlier today here http://novus.wikkii.com/ then came across this thread.
So if anyone wants to use the wiki for this rp, that'd be cool, its a great place to keep info on characters and locations etc.

timstro59
May 24th, 2011, 06:04 AM
I created a wiki earlier today here http://novus.wikkii.com/ then came across this thread.
So if anyone wants to use the wiki for this rp, that'd be cool, its a great place to keep info on characters and locations etc.

that's actually a great idea.
it's a good thing that i already have a wiki account.

rushy
May 24th, 2011, 07:01 AM
I agree with Tim and I also have a wiki account.
Oh, and I think the RPG could be called Novus Town(Village didn't look so good in the name)

rushy
May 24th, 2011, 07:21 AM
Oh, and I have started the Adam Brody page in the Novus Wiki, so let's start the RPG and get on with it. God, can we simply START?!

RoK
May 24th, 2011, 08:38 AM
Calm down rushy, we'll start soon, I swear. I don't think Novus Town will work. Mainly because the town part will eventually grow into a city. How about, Novus, a Universe RPG, or Novus, a SG:U RPG? Anything to that effect will work.

rushy
May 24th, 2011, 11:00 AM
No, because ever since the Destiny Crew went to Novus, it's not really either Stargate(if I remember correctly, they weren't very useful anymore) or Universe. No, how about The Novus Civilization? They were that from the beginning to the end. Oh, and sorry about the temper, but we have been talking for a month. I think we're ready for this.

Ripley2012
May 24th, 2011, 12:10 PM
What about something like Book of Novus or something epic sounding?

RoK
May 24th, 2011, 06:34 PM
It's cool rushy, I understand. I just want to get everything set up before we get started. They actually did use the stargate, maybe not right away, but eventually. If you remember in Blockade when they dialed "Pitsburgh", Eli said that the civilzation spread out to other planets. Anyway, I do like the name, The Novus Civilization, for our RPG. If nobody objects, that'll be the name.

Ripley2012
May 24th, 2011, 07:48 PM
It's cool rushy, I understand. I just want to get everything set up before we get started. They actually did use the stargate, maybe not right away, but eventually. If you remember in Blockade when they dialed "Pitsburgh", Eli said that the civilzation spread out to other planets. Anyway, I do like the name, The Novus Civilization, for our RPG. If nobody objects, that'll be the name.

No objection. Sounds good!

Crias
May 25th, 2011, 07:39 PM
I love the idea of this game, that being said I think the name “The Novus Civilisation” might get people a little confused with Sid Meier’s Civilisation games. If I might humbly suggest Narro Novus, it’s Latin for New story. Choice is yours though, I’m going to be on there no matter what the name is, I think its a great way to not only continue with the story line but to make it part of fandom. :P

escyos
May 25th, 2011, 08:49 PM
What characters are left?

timstro59
May 26th, 2011, 07:04 AM
how about "The rise of Novus"?

rushy
May 27th, 2011, 10:11 AM
I have made a list of characters still open. We have Chloe, Park, James, The Old Lady, Varro's second in command Koz, Airman Becker(the cook of Destiny), Airman Dunning and your own characters.

rushy
May 27th, 2011, 10:11 AM
So... START?!!

RoK
May 28th, 2011, 02:25 AM
Who the hell is the Old Lady?

escyos
May 28th, 2011, 08:32 AM
Who the hell is the Old Lady?

obviouosly shes the old lady.........

I want to be James. (rocks in chair chanting "Im a pretty girl.)

(Is it weird that i'll be playing a chick?)

Notes:
You should post a list of who is playing who.
Also I think the RP should not have a linear timeline, meaning that people who come later and join in wont suddenly appear but can add back story to previous stories. Obviously don't let people go crazy and jump around all the time or suddenly have only one person living 50 years in the future.

rushy
May 28th, 2011, 03:17 PM
The Old Lady is a person who randomly appeared throughout Universe Season 1, last seen in Incursion Part 2 in the end, alongside Wray.

timstro59
May 28th, 2011, 03:56 PM
kinda funny that noone wants Chloe.

rushy
May 29th, 2011, 02:47 AM
So... Start? Please...

Ripley2012
May 29th, 2011, 06:35 AM
kinda funny that noone wants Chloe.

your rite, that is kina funny:jack_new_anime06:

timstro59
May 29th, 2011, 05:57 PM
ok. so ill start

RPG START
~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Scott:*just outside of field of somekind of vegetable.talking to chloe* when is the harvest going to be ready?
~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Greer:*inside a smithy, to David* What kind of ax do you want me to make?
David:*with Greer* A tomahawk.
Greer: Why?
David: It's a tool and self defense weapon.

rushy
May 30th, 2011, 08:38 AM
ok. so ill start

RPG START
~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Scott:*just outside of field of somekind of vegetable.talking to chloe* when is the harvest going to be ready?
~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Greer:*inside a smithy, to David* What kind of ax do you want me to make?
David:*with Greer* A tomahawk.
Greer: Why?
David: It's a tool and self defense weapon.

RPG END

You see, if I remember correctly, Rok said he'd make another thread for the RPG itself.
Nice little trailer though.

timstro59
May 30th, 2011, 04:39 PM
It's a good little trailer. i was hoping it would draw more people in if they saw that we were about to start.

it think hes talking with the admins about seting us up with a set-up similar to the sg-aftermath.

well, i hope thats what he's doing.

RoK
May 30th, 2011, 05:51 PM
It's a good little trailer. i was hoping it would draw more people in if they saw that we were about to start.

it think hes talking with the admins about seting us up with a set-up similar to the sg-aftermath.

well, i hope thats what he's doing.

Actually, I've been busy with work. Sorry about not being active on here the last couple of days folks. I'll do the new thread tonight, after I write up some starters. Won't take me long. In the meantime, here's a list of which characters are taken and by who. Makes it easier for someone who wants to know who's available.

Col. Everett Young (RoK)
Dale Volker (RoK)
Chris Steele, non-cannon (RoK)
Adam Brody (rushy)
Eli Wallace (rushy)
Varro (rushy)
Morrison (rushy)
Captain Edric Ischan, non-cannon (rusy)
Matthew Scott (timstro59)
Ronald Greer (timstro59)
David Walters (timstro59)
Camile Wray (Ripley2012)
Tamara Johansen/TJ (Ripley 2012)
Aurora Jones, non-cannon (Ripley 2012)

I want to be James. (rocks in chair chanting "Im a pretty girl.)

(Is it weird that i'll be playing a chick?)

Did you still want to play James? If so, she's all yours, and to answer your question, no, not really.

escyos
May 31st, 2011, 12:25 AM
Did you still want to play James?

Yes.

If so, she's all yours, and to answer your question, no, not really.

All mine ey?........

RoK
May 31st, 2011, 02:00 AM
Yes.

All mine ey?........

Didn't you say that you're a pretty girl? lol Anyway, she's yours. Now, an updated character list.

Col. Everett Young (RoK)
Dale Volker (RoK)
Chris Steele, non-cannon (RoK)
Adam Brody (rushy)
Eli Wallace (rushy)
Varro (rushy)
Morrison (rushy)
Captain Edric Ischan, non-cannon (rusy)
Matthew Scott (timstro59)
Ronald Greer (timstro59)
David Walters (timstro59)
Camile Wray (Ripley2012)
Tamara Johansen/TJ (Ripley 2012)
Aurora Jones, non-cannon (Ripley 2012)
Lt. Vanessa James (escyos)

rushy
May 31st, 2011, 05:08 AM
So, finally a start?

RoK
June 1st, 2011, 04:17 AM
So, finally a start?

-as José Jalapeño on a Stick, from Jeff Dunhum- Si Señor (Yes, Sir)

I now give you, The Novus Civilization (http://forum.gateworld.net/threads/81570-The-Novus-Civilization).

Also note that this will be our out of character thread for the time being. The mod might make another thread for it, I don't know. If they do, then I will give you guys the link to the new thread.

Enjoy guys.

rushy
June 15th, 2011, 12:08 PM
I know nobody's ever gonna read this comment, but... just for the record... I AM SO BORED and I THINK THIS RPG RULES and JOIN ALTERAN RPG!!!

RoK
June 15th, 2011, 12:42 PM
I know nobody's ever gonna read this comment, but... just for the record... I AM SO BORED and I THINK THIS RPG RULES and JOIN ALTERAN RPG!!!

Yeah, you're bored. lol Anyway, with all the questions coming in, I shall answer them now.

Ripley, seeing that the RPG's new, you don't have to post with all your characters at once. Let's just say that rushy replied to you as Eli now and I reply to you as Young later. Well, if you have a reply already done as Camile, then go ahead and post it. This goes for everybody. Until we get going, I will impliment this now.

As for rushy's last post in the actual RPG, you can post as much as you like within a week. The week's there as sort of a time limit. Of course, post something on here or PM me and let me know if you can't post after a week. Make sense?

Ripley2012
June 15th, 2011, 01:03 PM
Sounds good! Thanks RoK!!

Ripley2012
June 24th, 2011, 02:47 PM
Are we missing some folks in the RPG? I don't want to get too far ahead of anyone! :D

RoK
June 25th, 2011, 01:19 AM
We are, but I have no idea what's going on with them.

Ripley2012
June 25th, 2011, 06:49 AM
ok, so no worries on moving forward then?

RoK
June 30th, 2011, 02:41 AM
Alright guys, I posted. Just to let you know, it's mainly a Chris post, but I threw Young in there as well. Anyway, since today's my birthday, I'll be gone and won't answer for a couple of days. I'm doing stuff with my friends, so I won't be around.