Poor Brody

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Poor Brody

Looks like he was one of the few who simply never found somone to spend his life with. Could that be why he got upset and founded "Futura"? I would have loved some information about how Futura was Different from "The Land of Young".
    All plot and no character makes for a dull story... All plot and no character makes for a dull story... All plot and no character makes for a dull story... All plot and no character makes for a dull story...

"Scott isn't out. Actually, he'll probably soon get back in, then out, then in, then out, then in, with rhythm and stamina." reddevil 4/22/2010

Futura was probably similar to Tanera, and would've taken a while to get off the ground at least, but I'd imagine it to be mostly the same development-wise. Maybe a bit more religious, but not the kind of science-hating religious or whatever, given their roots.

As for Brody's culmination here... Brody's always been a bit of a pessimist from the start - case in point, Faith in season one. When Young was asking about status updates on the shuttle, he was the negative one while Park wasn't. It was kinda always like that with him, and he did get a bit of crap over the times - the Apple Core Kinosode. Hah.

Anyways, he wasn't one of the ones who elected to stay behind in Twin Destinies after Rush's big speech in the other timeline, and so he was rightfully pissed when he didn't even get home, and then, just a bit later, his best bud Volker dies. He gets pissed at Eli, pissed at Young, pissed at everyone else when they settle down and make happy families, and it drives him into old man "get off my lawn" status, and maybe after Young won re-election again, he decided to go and found Futura with some like-minded people...

So yeah. Interesting little arc. I think the real question will be how much of our Brody will be affected... In the next two episodes. Hmm.
    ~ When life gives you lemons, don't make lemonade. Make life take back the lemons back! Get mad! I don't want your damn lemons! What am I supposed to do with these? Demand to see life's manager! Make life rue the day it thought it could give Cave Johnson lemons! Do you know who I am? I'm the man who's gonna burn your house down! WITH THE LEMONS! I'm gonna get my engineers to invent a combustible lemon that BURNS YOUR HOUSE DOWN! ~

~ Burning people! He says what we're all thinking! ~

Comment

Hopefully he will see what he could become and steer away from that, leading to optimism over pessimism for the rest of his days

N.C

Comment

As long as he can recognise that Futura is in fact a font, and he'll only be teased for that for a while longer. He can bounce back after that.
        ~ When life gives you lemons, don't make lemonade. Make life take back the lemons back! Get mad! I don't want your damn lemons! What am I supposed to do with these? Demand to see life's manager! Make life rue the day it thought it could give Cave Johnson lemons! Do you know who I am? I'm the man who's gonna burn your house down! WITH THE LEMONS! I'm gonna get my engineers to invent a combustible lemon that BURNS YOUR HOUSE DOWN! ~

~ Burning people! He says what we're all thinking! ~

Comment

Brody was hilarious, and towards the end of the clips he started having a striking physical resemblence to Stalin
          I'm an average viewer. As plain as they come. People make TV shows based on my demographic.

Million's of ZPM's, ZPM's for free! Millions of ZPM's, ZPM's for me!

Comment

I definitely would have to agree that Brody just got bitter. Brody and Volker were soul mates and he just didn't want to move on with his life after losing him. Perhaps Futura's goals differed and were more centered on contacting Rush and Destiny to get picked up, whereas
            the Teneran's focused more on just continuing on with there lives. I wouldn't doubt the Futuran's were more technologically advanced than the Teneran's given that goal.
            Und was ich sar war Menschlichkeit...

Und was ich sar war Dummheit
            Menschlicher Neigung entsprechend
            Tiersches Verhalten

Learn to swim, I'll see you down in Arizona bay,
            Vicious

Comment

Originally posted by Wayston View Post
              Brody was hilarious, and towards the end of the clips he started having a striking physical resemblence to Stalin
              OMG that is what i first thought when i saw him
              Tst

Comment

I thought Brody volunteered to stay too? Are y'all serious when you say you think Brody has a crush on Volker (not that there's anything wrong with that)? That would be a bit more daring for a Scifi show to openly embrace male homosexuality.
                All plot and no character makes for a dull story... All plot and no character makes for a dull story... All plot and no character makes for a dull story... All plot and no character makes for a dull story...

"Scott isn't out. Actually, he'll probably soon get back in, then out, then in, then out, then in, with rhythm and stamina." reddevil 4/22/2010

Comment

No, just more of them being good friends and dicking around.

Like Teal'c and O'Neill talking women wrestling in jelly vats

Unless you wanna suggest O'Neill and Teal'c took the "Brotherly love" to a level i'd rather not go lol

N.C

Comment

Originally posted by Ser Scot A Ellison View Post
                    I thought Brody volunteered to stay too? Are y'all serious when you say you think Brody has a crush on Volker (not that there's anything wrong with that)? That would be a bit more daring for a Scifi show to openly embrace male homosexuality.
                    I think they were just best friends but I definitely don't think Brody was gay.

Comment

Brody didn't break away and start Futura because he never found love.

The reason Brody formed Futura is simple, those dam Tenaran kids kept dancing all over his lawn and scuffing it up.

Comment

I wouldve founded Futura as well after seeing all those babies and kids.

Actually, Futura is about wanting to go back to earth and expecting Rush. Tenara was calling Novus home and wanted to live happily there.
                        sigpic

Comment

Nah, what obviously Brody was hoping to get back to Destiny and troll the universe for some hot space babes. With a limited population all his options were gone.

Comment

Originally posted by Ser Scot A Ellison View Post
                            Nah, what obviously Brody was hoping to get back to Destiny and troll the universe for some hot space babes. With a limited population all his options were gone.
                            blueberry alien chicks? thats gross.
                            sigpic

Comment

DK,

Originally posted by Duneknight View Post
                              blueberry alien chicks? thats gross.
                              Nah, he's hoping for more humanoids more attractive than the Smurfs.

Comment

Working...
                              X