PDA

View Full Version : S2e18 Epilogue is my personal "official" SGU finale...

coolhwip
April 26th, 2011, 06:58 AM
I either lurk or hardly post..but...I felt like I had to post after watching epilogue - this is what I choose as my finale for the show.

Not watching the last 2 episodes, not anytime soon anyway.

I started watching Stargate sg1 as a 13 year old boy, who was born and grew up in Asia. I've relocated 4 times since then and live in Australia now. During that time, Stargate is one of those things that helped me connect with people, wherever I was, its something that somehow helped me break the ice, and surprisingly, even with women...its something that helped me find common ground from different cultures, countries and races. I'm 28 now, and as Stargate is coming to an end for now, I feel like I'm saying goodbye to a long time friend.

Whether I'll see my friend again or not, I really don't want to feel like there is unfinished business, and this episode gave me enough closure for one of the possible (the original? ) timelines. I don't know if anyone feels this way, but I just thought I'ed share.

Its been a great ride while it lasted. :zelenka25:

Adrian_Jackson
April 26th, 2011, 08:29 AM
From what I hear, the finale has less of a cliffhanger than Epilogue does. So I think you're making the bad call. But whatever.

Mr Evil 37
April 26th, 2011, 08:30 AM
I completely understand what you mean, but I think you will be missing out on two fantastic episodes from what I have heard. I will definitely be watching "Blockade" and "Gauntlet".

I loved how "Epilogue" gave us closure in regards to the characters; we can imagine that if the show had gone on, the characters would have likely chosen similar paths and ended up in similar places emotionally and mentally as we see in the alternate Destiny crew. I thought that was a fantastic stroke of luck, given the show's untimely cancellation.

Now I just hope that the series does not end with a full-on cliffhanger like "Incursion" or "Resurgence" did. I'll be fine with ambiguous - hell, I'll be happy with VERY ambiguous, just as long as it doesn't end with people about to die or right in the middle of a storyline. I have made my peace with the huge story arcs that will never be resolved; I can imagine where they could have gone.

That will let me remember the show probably even more than if it had gone on for five years, and certainly with more affection.

Flibby
April 26th, 2011, 08:36 AM
That's a very good point. Thanks for sharing.

FoX-1028
April 26th, 2011, 10:10 AM
Being a great fan, how can you not watch the last two episodes of this great series/franchise?

Duneknight
April 26th, 2011, 10:50 AM
makes no sense to me. they gave closure to alternate reality characters. its like flashforward.

LtColCarter
April 26th, 2011, 11:56 AM
Sad that you'll be missing two awesome episodes!

Alien encounter
April 26th, 2011, 12:17 PM
Being a great fan, how can you not watch the last two episodes of this great series/franchise?

its kind of sentimental thing. as he said its been with him since he was a kid, may be not watching the last episodes gives him comfort that, it is still there. continuing .....

LtColCarter
April 26th, 2011, 12:19 PM
its kind of sentimental thing. as he said its been with him since he was a kid, may be not watching the last episodes gives him comfort that, it is there still there. continuing .....

That'd be a bit tooooooo sappy.

Alien encounter
April 26th, 2011, 12:26 PM
That'd be a bit tooooooo sappy.

i guess people are free to find comfort from that they find comfortable :). in some interview with Teryl Rothery i heard her saying, that she could not watch the episode "Heros" either.

Duneknight
April 26th, 2011, 12:40 PM
if this was the last planned episode then okay you dont have to watch but since its not the ending, then what do you have to lose?

LtColCarter
April 26th, 2011, 12:41 PM
i guess people are free to find comfort from that they find comfortable :). in some interview with Teryl Rothery i heard her saying, that she could not watch the episode "Heros" either.

Well, she dies in it...

major davis
April 26th, 2011, 12:49 PM
Im a huge SGU fan, and I'm honestly considering not watching the last two episodes because epilogue gave such good closure.

Duneknight
April 26th, 2011, 01:17 PM
Im a huge SGU fan, and I'm honestly considering not watching the last two episodes because epilogue gave such good closure.

think of the last two episodes as a special bonus.

Egle01
April 26th, 2011, 01:37 PM
Im a huge SGU fan, and I'm honestly considering not watching the last two episodes because epilogue gave such good closure.I can see why you and others may feel this way.

s09119
April 26th, 2011, 01:41 PM
I can see why you and others may feel this way.

Had "Epilogue" been the franchise finale, I would have been alright with it. I'll be watching the other two, but it all could have stopped with that last scene and I would have been alright with that. Put "Unending" and "Enemy at the Gate" to shame.

Petra
April 26th, 2011, 02:04 PM
I either lurk or hardly post..but...I felt like I had to post after watching epilogue - this is what I choose as my finale for the show.

Not watching the last 2 episodes, not anytime soon anyway.

(...)

I don't know if anyone feels this way, but I just thought I'ed share.

Its been a great ride while it lasted. :zelenka25:

It was! And I know how you feel. :)

Myself, I'm going to watch the last 2 episodes, but due to RL stuff a bit later and for the next 2-3 weeks I'll be able to pretend that Epilogue was SGU/franchise's end and, well, epilogue. It's so good and has such fantastic 'closure feel' that I can't begrudge you nor anyone else the desire to end your affair with Stargate here, on such a high note. :)

Had "Epilogue" been the franchise finale, I would have been alright with it. I'll be watching the other two, but it all could have stopped with that last scene and I would have been alright with that. Put "Unending" and "Enemy at the Gate" to shame.

Exactly!

Duneknight
April 26th, 2011, 02:38 PM
guys, epilogue wasnt really an ending at all. it was history being told. A proper ending would involve destiny and something about the ancients. 2 episodes back and novus meant nothing to us.

Commander Zelix
April 26th, 2011, 03:26 PM
I think everybody thought the same thing at the end of Epilogue.

A great open ending with some closure. It would have been a perfect ending for a series which didn't know it was canceled before writing the finals episodes this season. Still I'm glad to have other episodes as "bonus". It will probably show a glimpse of where SGU could have gone storywise in season 3. I will like it if they introduce something that look like a game changer showing us the possibility of SGU. For example, them getting face to face with another Destiny-like vessels (or planet) inhabited by other people (ancients? aliens? humans? Furlings ;)) or stuff like that.

Julian
April 26th, 2011, 04:34 PM
I do think Epilogue would've served great as a final episode, if it was decided the crew of the Destiny were never able to get back to Earth...

LtColCarter
April 26th, 2011, 04:53 PM

I can see that...

coolhwip
April 26th, 2011, 05:16 PM

I never said that I wouldn't watch them at all, I had said that I wouldn't watch them anytime soon. Its just annoying as a sci-fi fan the amount of shows that end prematurely on us. And there were shows that were only a few season long. This on the other hand is an entire franchise that is almost a decade and a half! I'ed probably get really cranky and I really really hate the feeling of getting left hanging, by anything/anyone. But that is just me. And its gonnabe a cliffhangar ending so..

makes no sense to me. they gave closure to alternate reality characters. its like flashforward.

I don't know if there were alternate reality characters; my understanding is that weren't they the "original" that were when they tried to dial earth? The ship copy that destiny picked up was the Novus "original?" destiny wasn't it not? And this "original" rush that went back in time (he's from the future, so makes him the predecessor which is the 'original' to me) with a shuttle and prevented the future ones (current?) from dialing etc. So in some ways, isn't the current destiny the alternate reality one? That is how I choose to see it anyway.

Flibby
April 26th, 2011, 06:46 PM
Well, if you want to think of it that way, neither is the original. The originals died in Time.

Kanten
April 26th, 2011, 08:34 PM

Lost practically did the same thing. Personally I thought it was an unmitigated disaster, but some liked it apparently.

Egle01
April 26th, 2011, 10:22 PM
guys, epilogue wasnt really an ending at all. it was history being told. A proper ending would involve destiny and something about the ancients. 2 episodes back and novus meant nothing to us.Just like wormhole drive said nothing to us before "Enemy at the Gate". It wasn't mentioned before, was it?

FoX-1028
April 27th, 2011, 02:41 AM
its kind of sentimental thing. as he said its been with him since he was a kid, may be not watching the last episodes gives him comfort that, it is still there. continuing .....

Well is NOT. :(

FoX-1028
April 27th, 2011, 02:44 AM
guys, epilogue wasnt really an ending at all. it was history being told. A proper ending would involve destiny and something about the ancients. 2 episodes back and novus meant nothing to us.

Yeah, had nothing to do with OUR Destin crew, but i have to say that if the real Destiny crew had to end like that in a series finale it would be awesome...

Flibby
April 27th, 2011, 04:37 AM
Just like wormhole drive said nothing to us before "Enemy at the Gate". It wasn't mentioned before, was it?
This really isn't the same thing at all, because they're two different things.
Wormhole Drive was just a sudden plot device, whereas this alternate timeline thing is the plot itself, which is the result of events from a previous episode even.

Duneknight
April 27th, 2011, 05:21 AM
Yeah, had nothing to do with OUR Destin crew, but i have to say that if the real Destiny crew had to end like that in a series finale it would be awesome...

the writers dont have the guts to do that. they always resort to alternate reality whenever they want drastic change to characters without affecting the story; season 2 has become much more SG-1ish its ridiculous.

Flibby
April 27th, 2011, 05:24 AM
the writers dont have the guts to do that. they always resort to alternate reality whenever they want drastic change to characters without affecting the story; season 2 has become much more SG-1ish its ridiculous.
Well, season 2 wasn't supposed to be the end of the series, so they couldn't have done that and keep the show going.

Duneknight
April 27th, 2011, 05:44 AM
Well, season 2 wasn't supposed to be the end of the series, so they couldn't have done that and keep the show going.

yeah but even what they saw in the kino was safe. except for two people dying from diseases (which is boring since its sci-fi they can make up a cure anytime last second), learning the history of their alt selves told them nothing about themselves and hasnt strained any current relationship they have. And barely foreshadowed tension or conflict. It was pretty pointless, but i guess thats why people think of it as an episode bringing "closure". if you ask me "closure" already happened back in The Greater Good, that was the real last episode.

Yipikyyaysupremecommanderthor
April 27th, 2011, 07:59 AM
epilogue was a pretty good episode but id wait to see the rest before passing judgement like that and i know what u mean i too watched stargate at a young age and i moved around alot so i was always able to connect to people through that

LtColCarter
April 27th, 2011, 09:53 AM
Well is NOT. :(

Sad...but unfortunately true...

g.o.d
April 27th, 2011, 10:07 AM
I bet Gauntlet will the best SG series ending. Well there's not a hard competition, Unending was boring and Eatg was simply moronic

garhkal
April 27th, 2011, 03:24 PM
I do think Epilogue would've served great as a final episode, if it was decided the crew of the Destiny were never able to get back to Earth...

And if there was no crew Still on the Destiny. If those who had gone to Novus had been all there was, and the ep just was the telling of the stories from the past 2 episodes, it would imo have done the show a GREAT justice with ending it right.

Python
April 27th, 2011, 03:50 PM
Oh yeah. I'll be watching the last two, but this was definitely the final episode.

It was bad. It was dumb. But it also had a message in it that life was bad and that life was dumb. You pull through and make something regardless. It could have been worse, I suppose. It really depressed me.

The way Eli was talking about being able to detect a ship, large powerful ship, traveling between star systems, as an impossibility for Destiny. What? They have access to the bridge and discovered a computer that can affect the crew's minds directly, upload their minds, and scan the entire universe for the possibility of an intelligence at its beginning... and it can't detect a stupid ship a few light years away?

Show's over.

Well, if you want to think of it that way, neither is the original. The originals died in Time.

Thank you for reminding me of that!

I'd personally like to think of "Time" as the last episode.

I am Goa'uld
April 27th, 2011, 04:14 PM
these last two episodes have been my favorite SGU episodes so far. These last two episodes have been unbelievably good. Before watching these i thought it impossible that such good material could come out of such a bad show. The potential that SGU has i can see now and want nothing more for it to continue on.

I highly doubt the next two will compare but i will watch them because I am a fan of the stargate franchise.

Duneknight
April 27th, 2011, 04:35 PM
Wow the alternate destiny characters went through a lot! why couldnt we have that show? just kidding, giving birth every episode would be boring.

the fifth man
April 27th, 2011, 07:53 PM
The ending of "Epilogue" definitely had the feeling of a series finale. But, we do still have two episodes remaining. I can't help but watch them. I want to see every last frame of this great show.

tomstone
April 27th, 2011, 08:36 PM
I also will remember Epilogue as the Finale. It cannot get better than Wrays speech "The Mission is and always will be the Journey itself" *goosebumps*

I will wait for you Guys to find out if the last Episodes are watchable without ruining this great memory. Meanwhile farewell Stargate, I will miss you alot.

Vicious
April 28th, 2011, 01:19 AM
I feel them same way as the OP. However, i need some closure regarding the last part of the season.

Meanwhile, Joe Mallozzi has said that whatever mgm decides to do with the series is their business. I personally hope they at least let the writers write a few books tying up the loose ends and ending the series. I already know what all the characters look like and my imagination can fill in the rest.

Here's how they should end season 2 and make it a finale.

Destiny arrives at the Alpha Colony and is stunned to find that the colonists are at a near "Ancient" technology level. They land the destiny on the planet for repairs and at that point can gate home using the advanced power generation of the "Novusians". Volker decides to stay with the Novusians on the planet with brody and work with them and live in the lap of luxury. The ship being repaired to it's full extent, Rush of course will stay on and continue the mission with the brightest Novusian scientists. Most of the crew ops to go back to earth, with a few exceptions. T.J. get's cured. Eli clones two copies of himself; Original Eli heads back to earth and gets a cushy job at Stargate command, Eli 2 stays at Novus and lives on as a scientific genius as well as living history, Eli 3 goes on with Rush's expedition to complete destiny's mission. Best of all worlds. Young and T.J. hook up back on earth, and name their son Rush.

The end.

Duneknight
April 28th, 2011, 02:40 AM
I also will remember Epilogue as the Finale. It cannot get better than Wrays speech "The Mission is and always will be the Journey itself" *goosebumps*

yeah they said that to prep us for the bad ending they had planned for season 5.

Nth Chevron
April 28th, 2011, 03:15 AM
Hey Ma, i'm posting in another "lets bash SGU coz it doesnt meet our personal approval so we must spread the word of our irked'ness because we have no other way to throw toys out of our pram "

Sincerely,

N.C

LtColCarter
April 28th, 2011, 07:37 AM
I feel them same way as the OP. However, i need some closure regarding the last part of the season.

Meanwhile, Joe Mallozzi has said that whatever mgm decides to do with the series is their business. I personally hope they at least let the writers write a few books tying up the loose ends and ending the series. I already know what all the characters look like and my imagination can fill in the rest.

Here's how they should end season 2 and make it a finale.

Destiny arrives at the Alpha Colony and is stunned to find that the colonists are at a near "Ancient" technology level. They land the destiny on the planet for repairs and at that point can gate home using the advanced power generation of the "Novusians". Volker decides to stay with the Novusians on the planet with brody and work with them and live in the lap of luxury. The ship being repaired to it's full extent, Rush of course will stay on and continue the mission with the brightest Novusian scientists. Most of the crew ops to go back to earth, with a few exceptions. T.J. get's cured. Eli clones two copies of himself; Original Eli heads back to earth and gets a cushy job at Stargate command, Eli 2 stays at Novus and lives on as a scientific genius as well as living history, Eli 3 goes on with Rush's expedition to complete destiny's mission. Best of all worlds. Young and T.J. hook up back on earth, and name their son Rush.

The end.

Oh...heck no! Well, I was gonna use another "H" word...but ya know. Anyway...just no! ;)

tomstone
April 28th, 2011, 07:59 AM
Oh...heck no! Well, I was gonna use another "H" word...but ya know. Anyway...just no! ;)

Rush was probably a popular Name on Novus. I find it hollarious.

LtColCarter
April 28th, 2011, 08:01 AM
Rush was probably a popular Name on Novus. I find it hollarious.

It was? I thought the two young kids looked away when Rush walked by because they thought he was a demon or evil spirit...

Duneknight
April 28th, 2011, 08:17 AM
Hey Ma, i'm posting in another "lets bash SGU coz it doesnt meet our personal approval so we must spread the word of our irked'ness because we have no other way to throw toys out of our pram "

Sincerely,

N.C

the episode was okay but its not the great episode people claim it to be. It was more of a "stating the obvious" kinda episode; "lets drag this thing a little more", "lets make something that has no bearing on whatever we come up next" kinda episode.

tomstone
April 28th, 2011, 08:20 AM
It was? I thought the two young kids looked away when Rush walked by because they thought he was a demon or evil spirit...

Yes, but he has his own followers who view him has their Savior.

LtColCarter
April 28th, 2011, 08:30 AM
Yes, but he has his own followers who view him has their Savior.

Guess I missed that part or subconsciously blocked it out. ;)

flobo
April 28th, 2011, 12:15 PM
This episode was exactly what SGU needed, i was planning not to buy SGU's bluray (not matter how much i has enjoyed the show) but it changed it all.

I'll just swap things around and imagine this is the way Destiny's crew finished. (About the other one (our crew), i'll still watch the last two episodes but i'll consider them the same as moebius's SG1 who stayed in the past, their story is told and they did nothing important afterward).

To me, it felt that the Young/Rush = Getting home VS Solving the mystery was resolved in a very nice way. In the end, Camille who was in the middle "won" and the mystery isn't that important, the journey was.

As for the few other hanging threads SGU has running (the alien with TJ's baby, the blue aliens...), they can join the Re'tu and Daniel's granddad aliens in the instesting but will never be seen again aliens files.

In the end, the only two unresolved things that still bothers me about the stargate franchise will be the fate of Pegasus' Asgard and Todd's fate, but i'm sure Joe will tell us what he has planned for them once SGU is done.

For new no matter how the "true" finale is, Stargate ended for me with a bang, with the people of Earth (via Novus) starting to colonize other planets, and truly becoming heirs to the Ancients.

Duneknight
April 28th, 2011, 12:37 PM
LOST and BSG showed us how important the journey over ending really was. and the fan reaction was extremely positive. I cant wait to watch 3 more seasons of a journey to no where.

flobo
April 28th, 2011, 12:53 PM
I king a agree/desagree with that. Agreed for BSG, except for the stupid "let's leave all tech behind" which made the journey seem a bit less important, but for lost, i can't, i still feel cheated 11 month after the finale and have sworn never to go near anything Abrams again^^

But i have given my opinion in the lost topic already and don't want to derail the topic.

SGU was really the next logical step in the stargate universe. Once you've incapacited/destroyed every enemy that could threaten the universe and earth has the most powerfull tech in the galaxy, i think it's logical you have to make the show a bit more about the characters.
And to quote another scifi show, SGU did that better than voyager ever did in star trek. Voyager had its moment, but was always magically repaired after every episode. I really hate those people calling it a franchise sabotage, since it's obvious to me TPTB put a lot of work into the show.

Kanten
April 28th, 2011, 12:57 PM
LOST and BSG showed us how important the journey over ending really was. and the fan reaction was extremely positive. I cant wait to watch 3 more seasons of a journey to no where.

Are you kidding? Lost was a journey to nowhere.

Duneknight
April 28th, 2011, 01:06 PM
Are you kidding? Lost was a journey to nowhere.

...oh please gods of sarcasm... please enlighten them.

flobo
April 28th, 2011, 01:16 PM
I didn't want to go that road again on a SGU topic, but i'll explain quickly why i agree with him.
Lost season 1-5 set up a fantastic island mitology. Season 6 dumped that and was much more about the parallel world mystery. This parallel world turned out to be the afterlife, in which the island is under water for the sole purpose of tricking the viewer in episode 1, in which Desmond can get in and out with electromagnetism, in which people can be born and die (how does this make sense).
The final episode resolved mostly on that, they did a beautifull reunion of all the cast into the afterlife, it was fantastic, and it worked for the producer, since most people forgot about all the Season1-5 plot that were slowly dumped in season 6.

Now, i'd be happy to discuss this further, but if we do, let's head to the lost topic^^ .

GoodSmeagol
April 28th, 2011, 01:28 PM
Oh yeah. I'll be watching the last two, but this was definitely the final episode.

It was bad. It was dumb. But it also had a message in it that life was bad and that life was dumb. You pull through and make something regardless. It could have been worse, I suppose. It really depressed me.

The way Eli was talking about being able to detect a ship, large powerful ship, traveling between star systems, as an impossibility for Destiny. What? They have access to the bridge and discovered a computer that can affect the crew's minds directly, upload their minds, and scan the entire universe for the possibility of an intelligence at its beginning... and it can't detect a stupid ship a few light years away?

Show's over.

Thank you for reminding me of that!

I'd personally like to think of "Time" as the last episode.

Big powerful ships with very little EM being given off? Not broadcasting any signals for all we know....
If they were easy to detect, GOOD BYE NOVUNS via'la drones....

Kanten
April 28th, 2011, 03:14 PM
...oh please gods of sarcasm... please enlighten them.

Well, first off, there's the matter that they could have tacked that ending onto pretty much anywhere in the series' run, it wasn't exactly built off of anything that actually happened in six seasons. It either felt like A. The writers got to the end, couldn't decide a good way to end it, so they went generic or B. They decided to make this ending years ago and just wrote whatever the heck they felt like until then.

garhkal
April 28th, 2011, 06:53 PM
To me, it felt that the Young/Rush = Getting home VS Solving the mystery was resolved in a very nice way. In the end, Camille who was in the middle "won" and the mystery isn't that important, the journey was.

IT was interesting that she, who has seemed to be always between them 2, was the last survivor..

Vicious
April 29th, 2011, 12:02 AM

Glad you liked my fanfic! :-) Greatest ending ever.

Duneknight
April 29th, 2011, 05:51 AM
Well, first off, there's the matter that they could have tacked that ending onto pretty much anywhere in the series' run, it wasn't exactly built off of anything that actually happened in six seasons. It either felt like A. The writers got to the end, couldn't decide a good way to end it, so they went generic or B. They decided to make this ending years ago and just wrote whatever the heck they felt like until then.

you just described SGU in a nutshell. That was my point. While LOST and BSG had well disguised their intentions for how the story progresses to the end; SGU bears its flaws naked in the open without a care in the world. At least LOST and BSG had all the events in it connected or linked to each other as one would expect from a serialised show which in return would make the ending a culmination of all that happened before, but SGU is not really trying to let the viewer in on whats going on. No plotline is linked; the blueberry aliens or the planet builders for example had their roles diminished quickly without a conclusion that explained their motivations or how they were related to the "mission". And then in Epilogue, a classic SGU episode that barely added anything new to the storyline or any consequences, had Wray talk about "its the journey not the ending speech". Life's a journey kinda phrase, not a good phrase to be put in a movie or a story because you have to 'show not tell'. No one wants to see a character to superficially say that about themselves; its so cheesy it doesnt even register. "happily ever after" comes to mind. Basically the moral of the story or message in my opinion shouldn't be blurted out by a character but conveyed through images or events. But of course all they did was show characters hooking up out of boredom ending the mystery of how 100 people became millions in 2000 years lol I would have never guessed :)

Kanten
April 29th, 2011, 04:25 PM
you just described SGU in a nutshell.

I did? I didn't really get the feeling that Common Descent and Epilogue could have been dropped immediately after Air. On the other hand "We're all dead and in a magical church" could have been just as well 5 minutes into Lost.

Jacdru
April 30th, 2011, 05:56 PM
I completely understand what you mean, but I think you will be missing out on two fantastic episodes from what I have heard. I will definitely be watching "Blockade" and "Gauntlet".

I loved how "Epilogue" gave us closure in regards to the characters; we can imagine that if the show had gone on, the characters would have likely chosen similar paths and ended up in similar places emotionally and mentally as we see in the alternate Destiny crew. I thought that was a fantastic stroke of luck, given the show's untimely cancellation.

Now I just hope that the series does not end with a full-on cliffhanger like "Incursion" or "Resurgence" did. I'll be fine with ambiguous - hell, I'll be happy with VERY ambiguous, just as long as it doesn't end with people about to die or right in the middle of a storyline. I have made my peace with the huge story arcs that will never be resolved; I can imagine where they could have gone.

That will let me remember the show probably even more than if it had gone on for five years, and certainly with more affection.

I dont think he will be missing out on something special in the last two episodes, in fact i think that the last two will be like all the rest, buildup in one just to kill it off or not even mention it in the next one.

And honestly why would the way the other set of characters ended up be a sign on how the Destiny characters would end up? the characters on "new" had no way of getting home, no hope and had to figure out how to live and grow on the world so it would be a totaly different situation then Destiny where the cast have hope, have families on earth and loved ones there.

But i agree with you on the cliffhanger but i wouldn´t count on it since SGU didn´t know they would be cancelled and i think Wright was so sure they wouldn´t that he would make a enormus cliffhanager.

magictrick
May 1st, 2011, 11:45 AM
While this was a great episode, the only problem I see with considering this as a finale is that it didn't wrap up the stories of "our" Destiny.

However, considering this was one of the best episodes of SGU (strong case for top episode) I would be glad if it was the series finale.

Kanten
May 1st, 2011, 12:09 PM
While this was a great episode, the only problem I see with considering this as a finale is that it didn't wrap up the stories of "our" Destiny.

Moebius didn't really wrap up the stories of "our" SG-1 either, but they were hesitating to let that be it.

Unending didn't either, but it gets a pass for having the movies lined up.

magictrick
May 1st, 2011, 04:48 PM
Moebius didn't really wrap up the stories of "our" SG-1 either, but they were hesitating to let that be it.

Unending didn't either, but it gets a pass for having the movies lined up.

It did have shades of Moebius I agree, but I thought Common Descent and Epilogue were much better done.

Unending was good. I think its really hard to have a "great" series finale because people look for different things in it. That's why we get episodes like Threads in SG-1 that aren't meant to be finales but actually do a better job wrapping up a lot of story lines.