Stuff I loved in 'Epilogue'

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Stuff I loved in 'Epilogue'

People seemed to throw a fit last week that there were a few small points of annoyance for me, and that somehow for some people that translated into me not liking the show. Not quite sure how people came to that assumption

So here's the other side of the coin, touches that I really liked this week:
    • the elevator muzak near the beginning
    • that beautiful shot going up the under-lit spiral stairs in the bunker
    • how the older guy was uncomfortable with Brody doing anything with their computers because he was the founding father of Futura
    • that Varro was part of the mission down to the bunker and it just was without anyone having to say anything about it
    • just moments later after realizing past-Eli hooked up with Cpl. Barnes, as current-Eli and -Chloe discuss it: "something worth pursuing?"
    • Varro's nice grab of TJ falling
    • the high shot of the fault line cracking down one of the city's main streets was BEAUTIFUL
    • Varro lived! I thought for sure that they'd killed him off!

Distant Past b-plot:
    • the choice to play out the other Destiny as the episode's b-plot--and how wonderfully it was executed
    • Chloe's old lady spots
    • that they actually addressed the Scott/James angle before the Scott/Chloe wedding, great callback to the premiere
    • shots cycling through the main women of the show screaming during labour--oh god did I ever laugh hard at that
    • Camille was dating--so she isn't the ship's token homosexual!
    • Greer: "I'm tired"
    • grumpy old mustache'd 'get off my lawn!' Brody
    • Ming-na's makeup as ancient Wray near the end
    • the unspoken resolution of how Chinese (Mandarin?) phrasing survived 2000 years--being spoken at a major event in their civilization's history
    • old old Camille's speech about the mission being the journey itself. Beautiful
    "A society grows great when old men plant trees, the shade of which they know they will never sit in. Good people do things for other people. That's it, the end." -- Penelope Wilton in Ricky Gervais's After Life

Agreed with many above.
    sigpic
    ____I reserve the right to be completely wrong about any topic I post on.

Comment

Agree completely...the B-story was one of the more beautifully executed stories in the franchises to date...

Also I really liked Rush in this these past two episodes...his part was small but his isolation from the rest of the crew while actively trying to save them was a very interesting dynamic
      "I'm being extremely clever up here and there's no one to stand around looking impressed! What's the point in having you all?!" - The Doctor (#11)

Comment

The elevator music was hilarious. I didn't like Brody as a grumpy old man though... wish things could have worked out for everybody!!

I will add to your list:

That Lisa and Greer named their son Dale. I cried a little.
        sigpic
        Teal'c: "Appearances may be deceiving."
        O'Neill: "One man's ceiling is another man's floor."
        Daniel: "A fool's paradise is a wise man's hell."
        O'Neill: "Never run with...scissors?"

Comment

i loved everything you loved.

yes i loved the phrase. "let me begin with a few words of greeting" which then passed on and on and on.

did anyone notice Camille was aided by -yes- a woman? nice touch

Comment

Wow, it's been a while since I posted in the GW forums. Anyway, I liked the episode, it was very well done. The elevator music was funny. When that scene came on, I thought to myself, "Wow, they really are our decendents (humans in general). They have the cheesy elevator music!" I've actually noticed that there's no RPG's (role playing groups) on here involving Universe. Perhaps we should do something like that. Just a thought.
            sigpic

Comment

Greer's face in the lift listening to the muzak was funny
              Grumpy old Brody
              Old Wray...Old everyone
              Also loved the ending sceen showing the city grow.
              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by DigiFluid View Post
                People seemed to throw a fit last week that there were a few small points of annoyance for me, and that somehow for some people that translated into me not liking the show.
                Stuff that DigiFluid loves is special.
                sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Ukko View Post
                  Old everyone
                  The make-up was really well done, I thought.
                  sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Lahela View Post
                    The make-up was really well done, I thought.
                    Yeah, I thought the same thing when I was watching promo pictures few days ago. It looked more realistic that earlier attempts to make characters look old.
                    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Egle01 View Post
                      Stuff that DigiFluid loves is special.
                      You know it
                      "A society grows great when old men plant trees, the shade of which they know they will never sit in. Good people do things for other people. That's it, the end." -- Penelope Wilton in Ricky Gervais's After Life

Comment

I too liked everything that you liked, however I would also like to point out the little things like the Tenaran symbol being an outline of Destiny and how the Novian architecture was very ancienty.
                        sigpic
                        Made by Aragon101

Spoiler:
                        Episode III: Phantasm.
                        "Shadows are patient, shadows just wait...'til they cover the occeans, the cities...the whole of the world. Shadows always win."

Comment

There was only 1 thing missing in this episode for me.

The end fly-over of the settlement, should have included a graveyard of all the main characters who founded Novus.

Just a quick flash of their graves or something, nothing too long, maybe 10 seconds.

'Twould have been poignant imo.

N.C

Comment

Everything DigiFluid said plus:

Distant Past B-plot:
                            1 - fact that they gated to planet barely capable of life and had to quickly find new one. Their confusion about what happened to them.
                            2 - Brody's belief that Rush would come find them and his anger at Eli. Remembering back to Brody's kino where he said he always knew he'd die in space. He's really frightened at their chances of survival. He had very valid reasons for not building by Gate (flood plain).
                            3 - Young blaming himself, pushing himself and TJ telling him no one blames him.
                            4 - THE KISS!! (Young & TJ) - oh for that to be in Current Timeline.

Current Time:
                            1 - Young surprised me by going back for Varro. I would have thought he was toast. Shows Young's acceptance of Varro as part of crew and now his responsibility as such. Young's personal guilt over loosing other crew members played a key in his decision. I think he was considering TJ and her predicament. Young wants her to have whatever happiness she can grab. Not sure if he's still given up on her to Varro or not. Certainly he didn't want any lingering doubt from her as to leaving Varro behind.
                            2 - Kudos to Rush - single-minded pursuit to solving the CO2 problem.
                            3 - Volker no longer fearing Rush. Loved how he told him how he felt.
                            4 - Volker realization of his kidney problem and that it killed him in past. Shock on his face to know you'd died - excellent - kudos to Patrick.
                            5 - Finally - we see Young comforting TJ. About damned time. Need some more of that. Now if we could only get them to talk to each other instead of constant awkward gazes.

Comment

Eli ending up with Cpl Barnes was the highlight for me.....

It was the Destiny equivalent of 3am in a nightclub, the house lights come on and you look around and the pickings are looking rather slim!
                              sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X