About to watch the last episode of B5 season 5

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

About to watch the last episode of B5 season 5

I never took an interest in B5 because it didn't appeal to me from afar. The whole concept of a franchise revolving around a diplomatic station seemed uninteresting, I didn't realize the scope would be much bigger than just the station until I started watching the first episodes. A couple of weeks ago though I decided to give it a chance and now I'm about to watch the last episode of season 5. I have to say it's quite a good series. Contrary to my expectations even the CGI is pretty good, at least in the later seasons.

Something bothers me though.

Spoiler:
    Sheridan in the present went to the future and learned about Londo from the future being in serious trouble due to some form of mind control from evil aliens, I can't understand why Sheridan in the present doesn't act on this knowledge when he sees Lono (who even keeps dropping little hints) and especially when he receives a sealed gift for his child to be opened in 16 years. That doesn't make a lot of sense...
    I'm an average viewer. As plain as they come. People make TV shows based on my demographic.

Million's of ZPM's, ZPM's for free! Millions of ZPM's, ZPM's for me!

A very good point Wayston. I had the same problem the first time I watched the show.

So, how did you like Sleeping in Light?
    sigpic

Comment

A slow episode, but a nice sendoff for the franchise. It was very touching to see Delenn sit alone on the bench near the end of the episode. I would have expected though that Sheridan would just remain with Delenn instead of going out alone.

I got the distinct impression that they intended the last episode of season 4 to be the "real" ending, that one was a mind blower. This one was more of a tear jerker focusing on the characters and their relations rather than the overall universe.
      I'm an average viewer. As plain as they come. People make TV shows based on my demographic.

Comment

Actually, the fourth season was a bit rushed because they thought the show would end after the fourth season, hence the hurry to end the Shadow war. Sleeping in Light was shot as the finale to the fourth season, that's why Ivanova was in the ep even though she left after the fourth season.

Funny how opinions differ, I didn't like the last-minute addition of Deconstruction of Falling Stars at all. It was simply too pessimistic. The only episodes I like even less are Intersections in Real Time (closed room ep where Sheridan is tortured) and Here Comes The Inquisitor (closed room ep where Sheridan and Delenn are tortured). See a theme here?
        sigpic

Comment

I rather liked those . They were standalone eps and those are always a bit harder to please the masses awaiting progress on the major story arcs, but as far as standalone eps go they were interesting.

Come to think of it I was wondering about the Drazi alien in the torture chamber, in the next room it turns out he is acting the role of executioner, and he takes off his hat and smiles at Sheridan. So he was just acting out roles being asked of him, but being nice to Sheridan by revealing he didn't die?

The scene with the monks after the complete destruction of civilized earth society was definately over the top (at first I thought they would reveal that modern day earth was actually built on the ashes of the babylon 5 earth), but the rest was cool (especially the one with hologram garibaldi, even though it was very fetched ). I think the addons added to the overal message of the show, something like the price of freedom/humanity is eternal vigilance/sacrifice.

Comment

That's a fair point. And by no means was Deconstruction all bad.
            sigpic

Comment

Considering my pic <, you can tell I like a certain episode.
              sigpic
              More fun @ Spoofgate!

Comment

Yeah.
                sigpic

Comment

I think I recognize it too

Comment

Sleeping in the light was actually the episode that got me into B5. It was that brilliantly done that I just had to go back from the beginning.
                    Please do me a huge favour and help me be with the love of my life.

Comment

I cant bring myself to watch SitL, i every-time i re-watch the series, i give up halfway through season 5 knowing whats coming.

I would have loved to see the conclusions to the Drakh occupation of Centauri Prime, the death of Londo in all its context and what happened with Lyta and G'Kar on they're travels.

Also, if anyone is interested in the ships and the advancement of the EA, i found a site a while back, as a bonus it has ship details/schematics and information on the Dilgar invasion war - i will warn you though, the articles on that page give a whole new meaning to the meaning of the phrase "wall of text"

www.efni.org

N.C

Comment

Working...
                      X