• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

INTERVIEW: Patrick Currie (Fifth)

AUDIO INTERVIEW:
    FIFTH UNLEASHED
    GateWorld talks with Patrick Currie

Replicator "Fifth" actor Patrick Currie talks with GateWorld about the emotional evolution of his character, his recent appearance in "Gemini," and playing other Stargate characters under prosthetics.

READ MORE ...

Last edited by Darren; 11 December 2008, 07:17 PM.

Very insightful interview..thank you David/GW !
    The place to "Gate" to during Outages for updates and info:

Comment

Patrick's role in SG-1.. dang its tough to put in a few words.
      From guest spots, to his role as Fifth. Just incredible.
      heh i finally chose the right words there.

Back on track, he's done a great job as Fifth. It also gave even more depth into what the character is going to be. And to be honest, I dont think "Gemini" was Fifth's last stand, he's gonna make a comeback somehow.

Kudos to PC for his work on SG-1.

Comment

Must've been fun for you, David... I'm quite surprised at how deep his voice sounds over the airwaves...
        Didn't realise what an accomplished actor he is...
        sigpic
        "When you have eliminated the impossible, whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth"

Comment

Fifth only appeared in few episodes but he made great impact as a baddie and a great interview David.
          "Love is not for life, it's for one week only" Wass

“You have to stay in shape. My grandmother, she started walking five miles a day when she was 60. She's 97 today and we don't know where the hell she is.” Ellen DeGeners

“You tried your best and you failed miserably. The lesson is 'never try'.” Homer Simpson

“It took me fifteen years to discover I had no talent for writing, but I couldn't give it up, because by that time I was too famous.” Robert Benchley

“What is it with McDonald's staff who pretend they don't understand you unless you insert the 'Mc' before the item you're ordering? It has to be a McChicken burger...a chicken burger gets blank looks. Well, I'll have a McStraw and jam it into your McEyes, you f**cking Mc******!” Billy Connolly

“Before you judge a man, walk a mile in his shoes. After that, who cares? ...He's a mile away and you've got his shoes.” Billy Connolly

Comment

Good, quality interview you conducted there, David.

I liked how you overcome the problem with the telephone calls (back with Joe Flanigan). Nice job. Keep it up.
            __

__

Comment

Originally posted by kadosho
              Back on track, he's done a great job as Fifth. It also gave even more depth into what the character is going to be. And to be honest, I dont think "Gemini" was Fifth's last stand, he's gonna make a comeback somehow.
              Yeah, I suppose the pieces of him could somehow be reactivated; then it'd be interesting to see if there winds up being some sort of internal replicator war as a result of that.

-Bloodaxe

Comment

singing
                Tron: There are! I say there are so many amendments in the constitution of the United States of Americaaaa! I can only choose one! I can only choose ooooooone! I plead the fif! I plead the fif! FIVE! 1,2,3,4, fiiiif! Anything you say! FIIIF! Go ahead and ask me a question!
                Senator: How do...
                Tron: Fif! I like to show all of you a secret document!
                pulls out a piece of paper saying "FiF"
                Tron: Fiiiiiiiiiiiiif!
                I think he's still alive. One bitten, twice shy, I say. He trusted Replicarter about as much as he trusts Colonel Carter. I'd be willing to bet he made a Replicater Duplicate of himself, and his real self is far, far away.

-IMF
                "There's not a little boy born who wouldn't tear the world apart to save his mummy... and this little boy can." --The Doctor.
                "The plastic tips at the ends of shoelaces are called Aglets. Their true purpose is sinister."--The Question.
                BAD WOLF!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Easter Lily
                  Must've been fun for you, David... I'm quite surprised at how deep his voice sounds over the airwaves...
                  Didn't realise what an accomplished actor he is...
                  He's definitely one of those that would be good for voice work in animated series or documentaries. It's very distinctive and very cool.

Comment

Originally posted by Anubis
                    I liked how you overcome the problem with the telephone calls (back with Joe Flanigan). Nice job. Keep it up.
                    Yes those problems have been fixed

I am very pleased to see how this character developed and sincerely hope that that was not his last stand.

Comment

Originally posted by David
                      I am very pleased to see how this character developed and sincerely hope that that was not his last stand.
                      Amen! He's just too cute. Mr. Currie did a phenomenal job. I would, however, like to know more about <i>him</i> as well. Maybe the next time you get ahold of him.

Comment

3 years too late. knew about the interview long before becoming a member of Gate world. obviously I love Fifth and I love Patrick Currie ten times more and have seen all his work and loyally check his Internet Movie Database page for new stuff. www.patrickcurrie.ca his personal site where he puts his paintings and http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0192959/ for his IMDB page. all my game characters are either Fifth or Patrick Currie. so you probably have met me on EVE or Lineage II or something.

Comment

Working...
                        X