Young the Leader of all?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Young the Leader of all?

I did not want to bring the "Elis Kid´s" thread more off topic then it already is so I make this one.

Thing is that I agree that a Alpha is one who takes Charge and goes for it, but a Alpha is the same as a Leader and I really disagree that Young deserves that.

Even the People on Novus where split between Rush and Young. Young had his position first because he led the Icarus base, then they went to Destiny and Young made alot of bad choices. People where even against him and he only reason he could gain control again because he had the People with weapons on his side.

It just seems wrong.
    Last edited by tomstone; 22 April 2011, 11:35 AM.
    Fuzzy Wuzzy wasnt old,
    Fuzzy Wuzzy gotten bald
    There was Fuzzy no more Wuzzy

Forever Young.

N.C

Comment

I love Young. I think that he is a good leader. He has had his moments, but in general he has tried to do the right thing. Sure sometimes he fell off, but I would imagine anyone who is technically on duty 24/7 would fall off from time to time.

It is things like him stepping down as the leader when accused of killing that guy even though he knew he was being framed. He did it without a fight or without a sulk. He did what he knew to be best.

Comment

Originally posted by traylormatt View Post

It is things like him stepping down as the leader when accused of killing that guy even though he knew he was being framed. He did it without a fight or without a sulk. He did what he knew to be best.
        His name was Spencer
        https://twitter.com/#!/Solar_wind84

Comment

In Young We Trust *Look down* .

Comment

Originally posted by Pharaoh Atem View Post
            His name was Spencer
            That was the fella. Sorry I was being lazy and didn't look up the name.

Comment

Originally posted by tomstone View Post
              Thing is that I agree that a Alpha is one who takes Charge and goes for it, but a Alpha is the same as a Leader and I really disagree that Young deserves that.

Even the People on Novus where split between Rush and Young. Young had his position first because he led the Icarus base, then they went to Destiny and Young made alot of bad choices. People where even against him and he only reason he could gain control again because he had the People with weapons on his side.

It just seems wrong.
              While Young may have made some "wrong" decisions once onboard Destiny, it is my opinion he should still and always be in charge. A few wrong decisions don't mean a person should be replaced as commander. Rush certainly wasn't the man for that job; he didn't want to be (IMO), because it would have interfered with him getting to try to figure out Destiny's purpose/mission and eventual destination. Had he been in charge, he would have been distracted from what he really wanted to do. So leadership should stay where it started and where it was, while the research and all it entailed should remain with the scientists.

Comment

Originally posted by hedwig View Post
                While Young may have made some "wrong" decisions once onboard Destiny, it is my opinion he should still and always be in charge. A few wrong decisions don't mean a person should be replaced as commander. Rush certainly wasn't the man for that job;
                And it appears it was Brody who started the break away from Young to Futura. Why? Because he thought Rush would come back for them and didn't want to accept that he wouldn't have any further chances to get back to Earth?

So leadership should stay where it started and where it was, while the research and all it entailed should remain with the scientists.
                Young would have rightfully been their leader until he felt they had sufficiently developed their civilization to hold elections. Then again the crew could have been lazy and wanted to stay under his authority rather than someone new and untried. When Young dies, would Matt take over or would Young's son be elevated? Or would they then decide to hold elections?

Interesting Sim Earth questions.

Comment

Working...
                X