PDA

View Full Version : What would Dr Volker do after Epilogue? (spoiler & Spec)

ckwongau
April 22nd, 2011, 12:26 AM
In epsiode "Hope " Dr Volker was suffering from the end-stage renal disease, he got the liver from Greer, he was gateful for him .
And later he almost send flower to Dr Lisa Park , which prove he has feeling for her.

In the other alternative timeline ,without Destiny's medical data base and medical equipment. Dr Volker would probably die after a few week on Novus.

In the episode Epilogue
Some history record of Novus show the older Greer and Dr Park together like a couple

We knew Greer and Dr Park had some one night stand /Booty call thing last season.

The history record would probably got Geer and Dr Park to start to wonder , jump start something .

Now what would Dr Volker do ?
If he knew the Greer and Dr Park's alternative timeline , he probably not want to stand in Geer's way of happiness.After all Greer gave him a liver.
But what about his feeling for Dr Park?
Both Park and Greer are good friends to him.

So if the show had been renew, i could see a love triangle for a few more season.
A very good story line ,we will never get to see.

On the other hand if the other alt Dr Volker had die very early , then the people of Novus are not his descendent , and who knows how many human colonies they may encounter, and a galaxy of women are available to Dr Volker.

Should Dr Volker give his feeling for Dr Park a try , or just give up?

General Jumper One
April 22nd, 2011, 04:00 AM
Give up and so he won't get hurt be trying

Nth Chevron
April 22nd, 2011, 04:05 AM
Greer gave him a kidney which humans (most) have 2 off, not his liver which you only have 1 of or Greer would be dead.

N.C

D Toccs
April 22nd, 2011, 04:43 AM
So if the show had been renew, i could see a love triangle for a few more season.
A very good story line ,we will never get to see.

Ugh, no thanks. I'm all for increased character focus and development, but I don't want to see soap opera style love triangles in my scifi.
BSG love quadrangle of doom anyone ;)

Volker's a decent guy, even if Greer hadn't donated a Kidney, Volker doesn't seem like the kind of guy to try and break up someone's relationship.
It would take a special kind of jerk to try and steal a man's girl after that man saved your life by giving you a Kidney and got an infection in doing so. Volker just isn't that guy.

Greer gave him a kidney which humans (most) have 2 off, not his liver which you only have 1 of or Greer would be dead.

Liver transplants from live donors are done all the time. The Liver is the only organ that can actually regrow itself, so theoretically a person can be a Liver donor multiple times in their life.

Ser Scot A Ellison
April 22nd, 2011, 04:55 AM
D Toccs,

Regardless Greer gave Volker his kidney, not part of his liver.

D Toccs
April 22nd, 2011, 04:58 AM
D Toccs,

Regardless Greer gave Volker his kidney, not part of his liver.

um . . . I never said otherwise.

Nth Chevron
April 22nd, 2011, 07:32 AM
No you didnt but there no point in a thread going off on a tangent within 2 posts.

N.C

garhkal
April 22nd, 2011, 10:54 PM
I
In the episode Epilogue
Some history record of Novus show the older Greer and Dr Park together like a couple

I don't remember seeing that.. Got a time stamp?

ckwongau
April 22nd, 2011, 11:08 PM
I don't remember seeing that.. Got a time stamp?

You tube
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yxuwPYdGIEI
and
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PgtFfAMPTdA

time 0.17/0.30