Destiny's descendants. SPOILERS through S2 /Common Descent

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Destiny's descendants. SPOILERS through S2 /Common Descent

Bear with me, I'm new here,but have been following the Stargate franchise since the beginning, and am very sad with its final ending.

That being said, the mystery surrounding Destiny's descendants and where they went. A super volcano could have exploded sure, but where are all the signs of life and everything. there would be something left behind buildings.

Is it possible they could have figured out how to ascend maybe.

I am very curious as to what the Planet builders may be as well, if they are much older and more powerful than the Ancients. They did say that there were higher levels than ascension. I think Oma kind of eluded to it to Daniel in his second ascension.

or maybe they just gated to another planet.Remember they sent out expeditions to find viable planets.

Comment

Or they could have simply moved their civilization underground to avoid the winter caused by the volcanic ash. Local rock deposits could block any sensors from picking up life signs.
      sigpic

Comment

I doubt they would have been able to stock up on 30 years of food/water.

Comment

The volcanic winter may have started as soon as 2 years ago , they only lost contact 30 years ago .
          sigpic
          Stargate Mods List

I am webxro , google me .SG,ST,SW,B5 Fan since forever.
          StarTrek Excalibur enthusiast and Pardus player .
          GW member infractions : 1

Comment

That would suck for them if they are underground, as the planet is itself is going to come apart i think?

Comment

Well the planet wouldn’t necessarily be pulled apart. I think its more likely that it would eventually just lose atmosphere and become a rouge. Also being stuck underground wouldn’t be that bad, the crew of the Destiny are stuck on a ship. How is that different?
              sigpic

Comment

Well considering that the buildings are not down , i say that the situation calmed down after the volcanic incident , and when the incident happened the black hole was at the closest point it got to the planet , so if they survived the volcano they will have their planet intact .
                sigpic
                Stargate Mods List

I am webxro , google me .SG,ST,SW,B5 Fan since forever.
                StarTrek Excalibur enthusiast and Pardus player .
                GW member infractions : 1

Comment

Just a crazy idea here:

I'm starting to toy with the idea that the Planet Builders are among some of the Destiny's descendants. Is this worth exploring?
                  sigpic
                  ____I reserve the right to be completely wrong about any topic I post on.

Comment

We would more than likely have had to travel back in time 2-3 hundred thousand or more years, to get that mentally advanced, to where ascension was possible.

Comment

True, but you never know sometimes with this show on how things have a way of happening somehow, never know. I'd say, it's possible at least.

Comment

Or through advanced genetic manipulation, which we dont know how to do either..

As far as we knew ..

N.C

Comment

Well, I'm just beginning to toy with the idea. Not sure if I'm going to stick with it at this point.

But, it would explain the Faithlien's reasons for helping the Destiny wouldn't it? Sort of a guardian angel who looks out for himself kind of thing?
                          sigpic
                          ____I reserve the right to be completely wrong about any topic I post on.

Comment

Yep and they would know how much to interfere, Destiny's logs which they could read as Ascended and from the survivors own recollections

N.C

Comment

I guess they haven't reached ascention as they don't even have FTL capability, but I bet you the descendants of Destiny would eventually reach Ancients level of technology. As far as advancement, they seem to be doing better than Earth level technology. Stargate command is doing good, mind you, but much of the new technology that they have learned or build had its origins with other races.

The descendants of Destiny advanced all on their own.

Comment

Working...
                              X