Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How would Alt Camile contributed to Novus's gene pool?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How would Alt Camile contributed to Novus's gene pool?

Let's get this question out of the way first.

Considering the negative reaction from rumor last season about Amanda may use Camile's body for sex.
    Let's be sensitive about the subject,discuss this as respectable as possible , i will try not to offend any people.

I can't imagine Alt Camie grew old without any children .

Without changing her life style or touching anybody .
    She could ask for a test tube of sperm donation , and impregnant herself.

Many Women on earth did it with forzen sperm, without many technolgies , Camile just get the fresh sample.

So without touching anybody or change her life style , Camile can stiull have children.

I am sure there are other possibilities , but it will probably offend many people.

Can you think of any other way without offending people.?

as it has been discussed in other threads, just because she is a lesbian doesn't mean that she can't have children or do whats necessary for the start of a civilization.
    sigpic

Comment

There were no women for her and unfortunately James was either straight edge or on top of Eli so she just went for the next best thing.

N.C

Comment

Originally posted by Nth Chevron View Post
        There were no women for her and unfortunately James was either straight edge or on top of Eli so she just went for the next best thing.

N.C
        There could have been other lesbian/bi women among the 80 plus people, who knows? After egg donation, maybe she settled in with one of them?

Comment

Is it really that hard to imagine that she took one for the team?

Perfecto!

Comment

Considering that the crew arrived on "Novus" with even less gear than that which they had when they arrived on Destiny, I wouldn't put any store in thoughts of some hi-tech method of impregnation of any woman on that planet.

Otherwise, this is a pointless thread, smacking of children having a giggle about something they think is "dirty". Wray appeared to have no problems what-so-ever when she was presented with the news of having descendants. As a matter of fact she seemed to be elated. I think she and whoever the father(s) of her child(ren) managed to get the desired results, and they did it with a lot more maturity than a number of people are showing on these forums.

regards,
            G.
            Go for Marty...

Comment

I thought the thread had stayed pretty clean and respectful....

Good point OP!

Comment

Originally posted by Major_Griff View Post
                Is it really that hard to imagine that she took one for the team?
                I agree. I would do it if it would benefit the big picture, but otherwise no thanks.
                Fuzzy Wuzzy wasnt old,
                Fuzzy Wuzzy gotten bald
                There was Fuzzy no more Wuzzy

Comment

I stated this in Eli's kids thread:

I suspect if Wray did have children, they wouldn't use a turkey baster as some have suggested. I suspect she'd choose her partner on how best to serve her desire for continued power/control/influence within the group. She's very astute politically and would choose someone 'influential' to make her prodigy's heritage "important" to the bigger picture. She told Young at one point he doesn't creep her out as much as he used to. I think she'd see him as a natural choice. He's tough, respected (by most), already maintains a position of power and she's seen his softer side on occasion.

Comment

Originally posted by blueray View Post
                    as it has been discussed in other threads, just because she is a lesbian doesn't mean that she can't have children or do whats necessary for the start of a civilization.
                    she could be BI for all we know.
                    https://twitter.com/#!/Solar_wind84

Comment

There is alot of bad experiences in that particular topic in many People, thats why its usually something you should not mention. As for me, I just wanted to contribute that from my point of view that I could do it, but certainly not enjoy it and I guess the same would go for Camile.
                      Last edited by Madwelshboy; 21 April 2011, 07:38 AM. Reason: Removal of quoted post
                      Fuzzy Wuzzy wasnt old,
                      Fuzzy Wuzzy gotten bald
                      There was Fuzzy no more Wuzzy

Comment

all human beings have a desire to procreate, and it's obvious that it exists with straight AND gay couples.

it's also rather obvious that Wray, among the dozens of children, simply couldn't resist that aspect of her human nature.

it's very possible that she enjoyed it. it's also very possible that she at times regretted her choice.

Comment

Originally posted by tomstone View Post
                          There is alot of bad experiences in that particular topic in many People, thats why its usually something you should not mention.
                          Wise words.

To be honest, I don't really understand how Wray having descendants became such an issue that there are so many threads about it.
                          Wray herself certainly didn't seem to be bothered by it. The episode itself didn't give any indication that it was a concern for anybody.
                          It's obvious how she got the children, who she did it with and whether or not she enjoyed it are really none of our concern at all.

I think the only people who even care about it are the same sort of people who were bothered by the fact that she was a lesbian in the first place.

Comment

Originally posted by D Toccs View Post
                            Wise words.

To be honest, I don't really understand how Wray having descendants became such an issue that there are so many threads about it.
                            Wray herself certainly didn't seem to be bothered by it. The episode itself didn't give any indication that it was a concern for anybody.
                            It's obvious how she got the children, who she did it with and whether or not she enjoyed it are really none of our concern at all.

I think the only people who even care about it are the same sort of people who were bothered by the fact that she was a lesbian in the first place.
                            I don't think that is the case. I think this is the first time her lesbianism has been interesting...

That she is involved in a stable relationship with another woman, boooring.

That she makes the kissy face with her girlfriend, handled with all the tact and romance of something you'd see on the Lifetime Network. Snooze fest. If you want that, better pure plays abound.

The oh so controversial episode where she is trapped in a crippled body, how will the lesbian couple cope? eye rolls...

80 people populate an entire civilization and at least one gay character apparently had to have heterosexual relations with MULTIPLE partners? Now that is an interesting dilemma that only a sci-fi show gets you to thinking about.

I am a man, so the situation is different, however, without projecting my sexuality onto everyone else... I could not take one for the team. To quote Archer... "Its a catch-22, the amount of alcohol I would need would literally kill me...".

Whats makes it even more interesting to me is seemingly, some of the PC people here seem to think its trivial for a homosexual to just have heterosexual sex and vice versa. One is even arguing they would like it.

As far as whether Wray herself felt bothered by it... is that a problem with the writing? How much thought do we really think they put into it? Remember Atlantis's irresistible? It was essentially a rape drug (a point not difficult to argue), but it was written playfully...

I thought this show wasn't suppose to be written that way?

Comment

Originally posted by The_Asgard_live View Post
                              Whats makes it even more interesting to me is seemingly, some of the PC people here seem to think its trivial for a homosexual to just have heterosexual sex and vice versa. One is even arguing they would like it.
                              That is a great point.

Comment

Working...
                              X