PDA

View Full Version : how stargate should end

Yipikyyaysupremecommanderthor
April 20th, 2011, 07:59 AM
I think that on sgu the last episode should show the crew valiantly fighting to the death against aliens finally going down with the ship....and at the end it should have the full sg-1 and SGA teams together for a vigil to honor the dead crew aboard destiny.... That or a funny ending like Oneill waking up from fishing at the end of season 8 and carter comes over and Oneill says i just had the wierdest dream lol... but sroiusly i would love to see both teams united for the occasion of ending the series

blazingfire
April 20th, 2011, 08:03 AM
Or a mighty cliffhanger where Rush finds the signal, but as he looks towards it, fade to black.

Tanith0709
April 20th, 2011, 08:50 AM
Considering this season was shot months ago and it has been confirmed that no further continuation will be made, the current era of the franchise will most likely not end in a way that fans would prefer.

Gollumpus
April 20th, 2011, 09:53 AM
Possible ending: the producers of the show tape a couple of minutes thanking the fans for their support, state the regret they have that SGU couldn't continue, and follow that with comments of hope that the SG franchise will continue in some fashion.

Were I able to put together a real ending for SGU, I was thinking that the kino recordings by Eli would be a good way to go. They don't get back to Earth and the crew goes on to start up a new human civilization.

The series ends with some of the descendants of Destiny's crew reviewing footage as part of an upcoming ceremony where they are about to have the first formal meeting with their brothers, also originally from the MW galaxy, who have been working their way through the universe.

I think it would speak to two important things about humanity: 1.) the human will to survive and build, as witnessed by the fact that the rag-tag crew of Destiny was able to survive and create a civilization; 2.) that humans still have the will to explore and see what is out there, our Manifest Destiny perhaps?

regards,
G.

Stewart5
April 20th, 2011, 11:25 AM
Considering this season was shot months ago and it has been confirmed that no further continuation will be made, the current era of the franchise will most likely not end in a way that fans would prefer.

Aye, true, but that's not what the thread iks about. It's about how it SHOULD end, not how it will.....kill joy :P :P

garhkal
April 20th, 2011, 06:39 PM
Were I able to put together a real ending for SGU, I was thinking that the kino recordings by Eli would be a good way to go. They don't get back to Earth and the crew goes on to start up a new human civilization.

That would be very poetic..

The series ends with some of the descendants of Destiny's crew reviewing footage as part of an upcoming ceremony where they are about to have the first formal meeting with their brothers, also originally from the MW galaxy, who have been working their way through the universe.

I think it would speak to two important things about humanity: 1.) the human will to survive and build, as witnessed by the fact that the rag-tag crew of Destiny was able to survive and create a civilization; 2.) that humans still have the will to explore and see what is out there, our Manifest Destiny perhaps?

regards,
G.

Interesting idea..

blueray
April 20th, 2011, 07:15 PM
is this how sgu should end or stargate in general?

as for sgu i would have them discover some sort of civilization that can send them back to earth, and leave the whole answer to universe left open for the viewers to decide if it really exists or not.

as for stargate in general, i don't see how it really could be ended. i like the idea of just leaving it as the sgc is still operating and there are always new things to explore and earth has become a superpower and is on its way as the fifth race.

Greenfire32
April 20th, 2011, 07:42 PM
In the last few minutes of the final episode, the camera pans back and we see a sleeping Daniel Jackson (played by James Spader of course). He wakes up and shakes his head.

Later that day he gives a lecture about how the pyramids are landing pads for alien spaceships. Just a few moments after the speech, he is approached by Dr. Katherine Langford and offered a job. Realizing the startling similarity between what is happening to him and the dream he had the previous night he looks at her and:

"No."

He leaves the car, grabs his bag, and walks off into the rainy distance. It is realized by the fans that Stargate (The movie, SG-1, SGA, and SGU) never happened.

Selkhet
April 21st, 2011, 05:32 AM

I like your idea.

I would love to see Eli figure out a way to bring Ginn and Amanda Perry back to "life." Beyond that I'd rather not see them heading home. It is too important for them to complete their mission. Maybe with the whole crew back they find a way to increase the ship's productivity and they are all on the Observation deck looking out into "the Unknown."

Just my thoughts.

garhkal
April 21st, 2011, 02:55 PM
Maybe the decendants could help with getting a 'body' for perry/ginn..

April 22nd, 2011, 07:48 AM
I love that idea with james spader that would be kick ass and it would have to have kurt russel there too sayin he's full of ****.... lol one of stargate best lines

garhkal
April 22nd, 2011, 10:36 PM
In the last few minutes of the final episode, the camera pans back and we see a sleeping Daniel Jackson (played by James Spader of course). He wakes up and shakes his head.

Later that day he gives a lecture about how the pyramids are landing pads for alien spaceships. Just a few moments after the speech, he is approached by Dr. Katherine Langford and offered a job. Realizing the startling similarity between what is happening to him and the dream he had the previous night he looks at her and:

"No."

He leaves the car, grabs his bag, and walks off into the rainy distance. It is realized by the fans that Stargate (The movie, SG-1, SGA, and SGU) never happened.

That would peeve me off to no end.. having all this be effectively one mass dream.

April 25th, 2011, 08:16 AM
i thought that would be pretty funny about that james spader thing it would probably get to me later but id initially laugh

Selkhet
April 25th, 2011, 10:26 AM
That would peeve me off to no end.. having all this be effectively one mass dream.

Yeah, I have to agree. I'd be pretty hacked with that ending as well.