Warehouse 13 books/Comics

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Warehouse 13 books/Comics

This Summer- in June- they will be releasing a warehouse 13 book called A touch of fever by Greg Cox

Sometime this is year- I have yet to see any of releasing date of this; but have heard before season 3 premieres unsure how true this is- they will also be a comic for warehouse 13.

I'm looking forward to both of these but what are you're thought or concerns?
    sigpic There are my dogs!

If you had to chose, die or watch the world die, what would you pick?"

My only concern is that this Greg Cox might not have ever watched the show and is now writing a book based on the characters I love. I absolutely dislike the 2 of the 3 Farscape books that suck because the authors had no clue about the show or the characters.

Here's hoping that he's watched the show and is a fan. Otherwise, I'll probably not get the books.

Same concerns for the comics, who is writing them. Have they ever watched the show? Gotten to know the characters?

For me there is nothing worse than a tie-in that does not resemble the show at all.
    sigpic
    I prefer to be called Sunny, Sun or SK. Thanks.

Comment

Originally posted by SunKrux View Post
      My only concern is that this Greg Cox might not have ever watched the show and is now writing a book based on the characters I love. I absolutely dislike the 2 of the 3 Farscape books that suck because the authors had no clue about the show or the characters.

Here's hoping that he's watched the show and is a fan. Otherwise, I'll probably not get the books.

Same concerns for the comics, who is writing them. Have they ever watched the show? Gotten to know the characters?

For me there is nothing worse than a tie-in that does not resemble the show at all.
      I know a lot more about the book vs the comic; to put minds at easy Greg Cox does watch the show.
      See this: http://www.trekbbs.com/showpost.php?...6&postcount=78

With the comic, I pretty much know nothing. Don't know who written them, or any like that. Nor, can I find any info either; very odd.

On a side- This farscape book must be horrible, not the first( or second) time I've heard about them.
      sigpic There are my dogs!

If you had to chose, die or watch the world die, what would you pick?"

Comment

The link you shared, only shows that this Greg guy knew when the Holiday special was on. Not enough to convince me, he knows the characters or the show.

I haven't heard much about the comics either.

As for the FS books, the only one worth reading or buy, House of Cards written by Keith R. DeCandido (online I believe he's known as krad). He's also one of the writers for the comics.

Back to WH13 books & comics info now.
        sigpic

Comment

Just stumbled onto this discussion . . . .

For what it's worth you, I can assure that I was a big fan of WH13 even before I was approached to write the novel--and have seen every episode multiple times. In fact, while I was writing the book, I got into the habit of watching one episode every night just to keep me in the groove. I also worked closely with the show's writers and producers when we were hammering out the plot of the book.

I tried very hard to capture the feel of the original show. Whether or not I succeeded, of course, is up to the readers.

Glad you liked Keith's FARSCAPE novel, btw. I actually hired him to write that book!

Comment

Originally posted by Greg Cox View Post
            Just stumbled onto this discussion . . . .

For what it's worth you, I can assure that I was a big fan of WH13 even before I was approached to write the novel--and have seen every episode multiple times. In fact, while I was writing the book, I got into the habit of watching one episode every night just to keep me in the groove. I also worked closely with the show's writers and producers when we were hammering out the plot of the book.

I tried very hard to capture the feel of the original show. Whether or not I succeeded, of course, is up to the readers.

Glad you liked Keith's FARSCAPE novel, btw. I actually hired him to write that book!
            I do not mean any disrespect to you or your abilities as a writer.

So does this mean you're no longer a fan of the show?

Hey I'm glad you were at least back when you wrote the book a fan of the show. If you've read the other two less than popular FS novels and were a fan of FS back then, then you know my hesitation with toying with the idea of WH13 books. I mean come on, anyone who loves any given show IF they choose to read the tie in books, want the books to read basically like an extended episode. Those other two FS novels, had the same character names and that's as far as the similarities went.

I wouldn't want to pay my hard earned money on more novels that have nothing more than character names in common with another show I love dearly.

Thanks for dropping by. *waves*
            sigpic

Comment

No problem. And, past tense notwithstanding, I'm definitely looking forward to Season 3.

To be honest, I can't imagine writing a tie-in novel without thoroughly immersing yourself in the show and the history. And I do think the best tie-ins are written by authors who genuinely like the shows. My not-so-guilty secret is that I'd be watching my favorite genre shows even if I wasn't hoping to write a tie-book someday.

Hope you like the WH13 novel. I'm quite happy with how it turned out.

Comment

I hear you. I'd much rather read a tie-in novel/book written by someone who is a fan of the show. At least that way, we're ensured that the characters are the same ones we see on the tv each week.
                sigpic

Comment

This is one book that I will definitely check out.
                  By Nolamom
                  sigpic

Comment

I found it
                    http://www.borders.com/online/store/...sku=0743491734
                    June 28th will be the release day. You can pre order it now.
                    By Nolamom
                    sigpic

Comment

Cool.
                      sigpic
                      God Bless America

Comment

Ben Raab aka @Wondermasons on Twitter tweeted this link SPOILERS on the story for the comic *if you don't want to know the gist if the story that is* Info on 1st Warehouse 13 comic. It's written by him and Deric Hughes. They wrote, S1 ep 8 - Duped, S2 ep Mild Mannered. Two of my fav eps.
                        sigpic

Comment

Ben Raab aka @Wondermasons on Twitter tweeted this link SPOILERS on the story for the comic *if you don't want to know the gist if the story that is* Info on 1st Warehouse 13 comic. It's written by him and Deric Hughes. They wrote, S1 ep 8 - Duped, S2 ep Mild Mannered. Two of my fav eps.
                          Sounds like a pretty cool story.
                          || twitter || tumblr ||

Comment

Pop Culture Zoo - Dynamite Uncovers Warehouse 13 Comic

Very short article about the comics (due out in August). Several people involved with the show make comments about the comics. LOL Totally check it out.
                            sigpic

Comment

Pop Culture Zoo - Dynamite Uncovers Warehouse 13 Comic

Very short article about the comics (due out in August). Several people involved with the show make comments about the comics. LOL Totally check it out.
                              I am amused.
                              || twitter || tumblr ||

Comment

Working...
                              X