Jumpsuits?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Jumpsuits?

How many human civilzations have everyone wearing the same coveralls all the time? Come on why would everyone on the colony planet be wearing the same outfit. Somebody is going to get bored at some point in 30 years and make themselves something new.

Poor costume design.
    All plot and no character makes for a dull story... All plot and no character makes for a dull story... All plot and no character makes for a dull story... All plot and no character makes for a dull story...

"Scott isn't out. Actually, he'll probably soon get back in, then out, then in, then out, then in, with rhythm and stamina." reddevil 4/22/2010

Poor costume design.
    more like cutting corners. literally.

Comment

Originally posted by Ser Scot A Ellison View Post
      How many human civilzations have everyone wearing the same coveralls all the time? Come on why would everyone on the colony planet be wearing the same outfit. Somebody is going to get bored at some point in 30 years and make themselves something new.

Poor costume design.
      If you'd rather a show sink half its budget into invidividualized costumes for each minor character that will only appear once or twice, please, go right ahead and request it.
      Click the banner or episode links to visit the virtual continuations of Stargate!
      Previous Episode: 11x03 "Shore Leave" | Previous Episode: 6x04 "Nightfall" | Now Airing: 3x06 "Eldest"

Comment

Weren't they all part of an expedition to set up a new colony? Makes sense they might all wear the same.

Comment

Originally posted by s09119 View Post
          If you'd rather a show sink half its budget into invidividualized costumes for each minor character that will only appear once or twice, please, go right ahead and request it.
          This

Originally posted by KEK View Post
          Weren't they all part of an expedition to set up a new colony? Makes sense they might all wear the same.
          And this.

Stop nit-picking.

Comment

I didn't know it was illegal to nitpick 'round here....

Comment

Got me thinking too.... there were more than one settlements of the expedition team. Destiny just encountered one of the (three?)...

Where were the military personnel? I cannot imagine a highly developed society without a military backbone... just in case of alien invasions... 2000 years isn't a hop, skip, and a jump away.

That's much like Jesus time til now for us. But it doesn't seem like Novus is any more technologically advanced 30 years ago as the crew of Destiny circa 2000 years ago. How could this be? Although English is still the major language amongst the population, I'll give them that tidbit... BUT... what about the technologies?

They have radios... they could just easily have mimicked that shortly after industrial revolution.

Remember... Crew of Destiny circa 2000 years ago had competent knowledge of how to establish a society from scratch... so they didn't need to go through the ancient history of egypt > greece > rome eras, medieval era, dark ages, etc to be where they are today.

Comment

Originally posted by qingdom View Post
                Got me thinking too.... there were more than one settlements of the expedition team. Destiny just encountered one of the (three?)...

Where were the military personnel? I cannot imagine a highly developed society without a military backbone... just in case of alien invasions... 2000 years isn't a hop, skip, and a jump away.

That's much like Jesus time til now for us. But it doesn't seem like Novus is any more technologically advanced 30 years ago as the crew of Destiny circa 2000 years ago. How could this be? Although English is still the major language amongst the population, I'll give them that tidbit... BUT... what about the technologies?

They have radios... they could just easily have mimicked that shortly after industrial revolution.

Remember... Crew of Destiny circa 2000 years ago had competent knowledge of how to establish a society from scratch... so they didn't need to go through the ancient history of egypt > greece > rome eras, medieval era, dark ages, etc to be where they are today.
                How many of them knew how to perfectly replicate anything they used on a daily basis though? I know enough about how a laptop works to use one, but strand me on a planet with no sort of infrastructure and my basic knowledge of computers and tell me to make a laptop for someone and see how quickly it gets done.
                "Goodbye Eli Wallace, you're a good man."
                - imlad, from http://www.readandfindout.com/

Comment

Yes, it's a nitpick but geez they could give these people street clothes?
                  All plot and no character makes for a dull story... All plot and no character makes for a dull story... All plot and no character makes for a dull story... All plot and no character makes for a dull story...

"Scott isn't out. Actually, he'll probably soon get back in, then out, then in, then out, then in, with rhythm and stamina." reddevil 4/22/2010

Comment

Jesus, with Destiny's mission being something so huge and unprecedented and all some people can do is nitpick about the clothes they wear.

Seriously?

N.C

Comment

Poor costume design.
                      We all wear the same stuff now anyway. I dont see how jumsuits in other civilizations are any different.
                      sigpic

Comment

NC,

I love the show and Destiny's mission I'm simply saying having everybody wearing identical jumpsuit seems weird without some explaniantion. Particularly in light of the fact they are 30 years on that planet.

Ukko,

We all wear the same stuff now anyway. I dont see how jumsuits in other civilizations are any different.
                        No, we wear similar things, not identical jumpsuits.

Comment

Originally posted by Mr Evil 37 View Post
                          Stop nit-picking.
                          Indeed, if you wanna pick at a plot issue, the lazy writing, ignoring years of established continuity be my guest.. but don't pick at something that doesn't matter at all.. I dunno about the rest of ye but I hardly notice the costumes as long as they are somewhat fitting with the society and the culture and not Princess Leia and Jabba. Plus someone gave a very good in universe explanation already

You might as well start a thread asking why all the corridors on Destiny look the same
                          I dunno what to put in here now..

Comment

*Grumble*

Comment

NC,

I love the show and Destiny's mission I'm simply saying having everybody wearing identical jumpsuit seems weird without some explaniantion. Particularly in light of the fact they are 30 years on that planet.

Ukko,

No, we wear similar things, not identical jumpsuits.
                              I havent seen entire civilizations wearing identical jumpsuites.
                              sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X