PDA

View Full Version : Will SGU give us a satisfactory ending?

Smegger56
April 19th, 2011, 02:05 PM
Well, this brilliant show has been canceled WAYYYYYY before its time. So thank you sy-fy. You have shown us what idots you are.

Anyway, my question is, now that this show will not be renewed for a 3rd season, and the producers obviously had this story of destiny traveling to find out the source of the 'message' in the background radiation for a few season, will we get an ending to this show that will satisfy us? Or will it just end?

Any guesses?

KEK
April 19th, 2011, 02:09 PM
It ends on a cliffhanger.

Smegger56
April 19th, 2011, 02:11 PM
Is that a fact or a guess? I'm really hoping a guess.

morrismike
April 19th, 2011, 02:20 PM
Well, this brilliant show has been canceled WAYYYYYY before its time. So thank you sy-fy. You have shown us what idots you are.

Anyway, my question is, now that this show will not be renewed for a 3rd season, and the producers obviously had this story of destiny traveling to find out the source of the 'message' in the background radiation for a few season, will we get an ending to this show that will satisfy us? Or will it just end?

Any guesses?

It will end with them docking to a seed ship and gating to earth. Perhaps Rush and a few others remain with the ship.

Syfy really had no choice. TPTB made the second season decent for fear of cancellation.

General Jumper One
April 19th, 2011, 02:34 PM
Is that a fact or a guess? I'm really hoping a guess.

its a fact

Naonak
April 19th, 2011, 02:41 PM
TPTB made the second season decent for fear of cancellation.
Whereas in season 1 they were putting out any old crap just for ****s and giggles? :rolleyes:

BOTA:99
April 19th, 2011, 02:56 PM
It does leave you shaking your head how much better the show was between the two seasons. If only they coulda written season 1 like they have season 2 we would most likely be all happy talking about what is to come in season 3.

Smegger56
April 19th, 2011, 03:05 PM
its a fact

That sucks :-(

Whereas in season 1 they were putting out any old crap just for ****s and giggles? :rolleyes:

Yep. I highly doubt there was no effort from the guys.

It does leave you shaking your head how much better the show was between the two seasons. If only they coulda written season 1 like they have season 2 we would most likely be all happy talking about what is to come in season 3.

I think that's unfair. SGU was so different to the other 2 shows, it was bound to take a season to find there feet with SGU. Now that they had that season to learn, they produced a superior second season. It's just a shame it was canceled. If only we could get a 2 hour tv movie out of it at least to wrap it all up.

Browncoat1984
April 19th, 2011, 03:32 PM
Its funny though, I bet if the show had run its 5 year course there would still be people who said the ending was un-satisfactory for some reason or another. Just look at Lost and Battlestar Galactica.

Scenario: Lost and BSG are canceled prematurely and end on a cliffhanger. People whine and say "the shows were canceled before their time" and wonder at what could have been.

But that didn't happen. They both had finales and how many people were un-satisfied at the resolution we got? I have a strong feeling the same would probably have happened with SGU. Just look at The Ark of Truth and how many people dislike it because it was "rushed" - I know we all want that conclusion to the series, but really a 2 hour movie would probably get the same reaction.

Smegger56
April 19th, 2011, 04:00 PM
Its funny though, I bet if the show had run its 5 year course there would still be people who said the ending was un-satisfactory for some reason or another. Just look at Lost and Battlestar Galactica.

Scenario: Lost and BSG are canceled prematurely and end on a cliffhanger. People whine and say "the shows were canceled before their time" and wonder at what could have been.

But that didn't happen. They both had finales and how many people were un-satisfied at the resolution we got? I have a strong feeling the same would probably have happened with SGU. Just look at The Ark of Truth and how many people dislike it because it was "rushed" - I know we all want that conclusion to the series, but really a 2 hour movie would probably get the same reaction.

It's a fair shout. I too found Ark of Truth and Continuum to be very meh films. But, I think SGU's story needs some conclusion. To just leave it on a cliffhanger would be criminal IMO.

Puddle-Jumper
April 19th, 2011, 04:12 PM
The franchise is all but dead now.. so Im hoping that tptb just tell us what the rest of the show would have been, so we'd know what they had in mind.. Basically just release a brief summary of what would have happened in the next few seasons and what their full vision was for the show.

Egle01
April 20th, 2011, 01:16 AM
Whereas in season 1 they were putting out any old crap just for ****s and giggles? :rolleyes:Of course, isn't it obvious? :rolleyes: Actually they created SGU only to kill the Stargate franchise and slap fans in the face. Too bad I ended up loving the show. :P

MattSilver 3k
April 20th, 2011, 01:34 AM
Of course, isn't it obvious? :rolleyes: Actually they created SGU only to kill the Stargate franchise and slap fans in the face. Too bad I ended up loving the show. :P

THEN YOU, EGGLEH, ARE NOT A TRUE FAN.

I, Matthew Christopher Jameson Ryan Palindrominator Ulysses Silver the 3rd King of Something or rather, are a true fan. I'll prove it with a picture of myself:

http://www.tesora.com.au/images/products/usb_fan-l.jpg

:cool:

Egle01
April 20th, 2011, 01:38 AM
THEN YOU, EGGLEH, ARE NOT A TRUE FAN.

I, Matthew Christopher Jameson Ryan Palindrominator Ulysses Silver the 3rd King of Something or rather, are a true fan. I'll prove it with a picture of myself:

http://www.tesora.com.au/images/products/usb_fan-l.jpg

:cool:Looking a little pale, Ryan. Have you been eating your veggies?

MattSilver 3k
April 20th, 2011, 01:39 AM
They just keep getting shredded.

Egle01
April 20th, 2011, 01:43 AM
They just keep getting shredded.Sorry to hear that. I imagine there's no trouble eating bacon and popcorn, right. Only veggies get shredded.

MattSilver 3k
April 20th, 2011, 01:51 AM
It's a choice. Life is about choices. Bacon and popcorn aren't choices. They're life. Which is about choices. But no bacon and popcorn.

Egle01
April 20th, 2011, 01:56 AM
It's a choice. Life is about choices. Bacon and popcorn aren't choices. They're life. Which is about choices. But no bacon and popcorn.Yeah, that made no sense whatsoever. Congrats.

MattSilver 3k
April 20th, 2011, 02:00 AM
Yeah, that made no sense whatsoever. Congrats.

He who strives to make sense only manages to become a drummer in a band that mostly covers Zeppelin but cannot fully understand the meaning of the song they're covering. To quote Mozart, "What the **** is this ****? Why did I travel forward in time, and why is music filled with bad covers and Justin Bieber? **** this! I'm stopping this whole music thing before it starts."

Smegger56
April 20th, 2011, 02:35 AM
Is it me, or has this thread gone of topic?

lol ;-)

MattSilver 3k
April 20th, 2011, 02:40 AM
Is it just me or has this thread been done before or the topic having been gone over already?

Obvious rhetorical question is obvious.

Smegger56
April 20th, 2011, 02:43 AM
Is it just me or has this thread been done before or the topic having been gone over already?

Obvious rhetorical question is obvious.

1st of all, I was not aware it had been done before. Been a while since I've been on here.

second, the wink and lol meant I wasn't being serious.

Egle01
April 20th, 2011, 02:48 AM
second, the wink and lol meant I wasn't being serious.We're all extremely serious here.

:P

MattSilver 3k
April 20th, 2011, 03:03 AM
1st of all, I was not aware it had been done before. Been a while since I've been on here.

second, the wink and lol meant I wasn't being serious.

Second point first: Yes. I'm aware. Thank you.

First point second: Not an excuse really. ;) :lol: :P :D :)

Third point now: The wink, the lol, the P, the D and the smiley meant I wasn't being serious either.

dacooker
April 20th, 2011, 04:30 PM
We'll get "Unending" -10

FrodoFraggins
April 20th, 2011, 04:51 PM
The writers weren't forced to write a cliffhanger and so they have to take some of the blame. The ratings have been declining for a very long time.

The writers of supernatural ended season 2 as if it may not return. That's obviously a bit harder to do in SGU, but they could have left the crew safe on a bountiful planet if they wanted to.

Tanith0709
April 20th, 2011, 05:43 PM
Though at the time they shot the episode they hoped that they would get renewed for a 3rd season. They wanted it to continue, there's only so much satisfaction you can give to the fans when you want to leave it open for continuation.

the fifth man
April 20th, 2011, 05:52 PM
I wonder how big of a cliffhanger this will end on?

SupremeLegate
April 20th, 2011, 06:18 PM
I wonder how big of a cliffhanger this will end on?

From the sounds of it, bigger than the one for Season One.

the fifth man
April 20th, 2011, 06:19 PM
From the sounds of it, bigger than the one for Season One.

Ouch!

garhkal
April 20th, 2011, 06:49 PM
Yea.. Season 1's ending cliffhanger was a biggie!

blueray
April 20th, 2011, 06:56 PM
The franchise is all but dead now.. so Im hoping that tptb just tell us what the rest of the show would have been, so we'd know what they had in mind.. Basically just release a brief summary of what would have happened in the next few seasons and what their full vision was for the show.

that would be awesome if they did that. especially if it is a bit more detailed then "they managed to get back to earth" or something like that.

there are shows that end in cliffhangers but still have awesome endings. like the 4400, the way it ends is like "oh no..." and it leaves you wondering what happens next (though they did make books afterwards, which i still have to read the last one).

Pharaoh Atem
April 20th, 2011, 06:58 PM
Yea.. Season 1's ending cliffhanger was a biggie!

the mid season 1 was a biggie. the ending to incursion pt 2 didn't impress me