April 19th, 2011, 11:43 AM
Now I really want a season 3 :(

Aewon
April 19th, 2011, 12:26 PM
Me too. Well, at least there's fan fiction.:samanime15:

wingsabre
April 19th, 2011, 12:43 PM
Me too. Well, at least there's fan fiction.:samanime15:

Yeah, but somehow it always ends up turning into some gay fantasy or everyone ends up married.

P-90_177
April 19th, 2011, 01:37 PM
Certainly that was an episode of Classic Stargate.

Cavil
April 19th, 2011, 02:55 PM
Yeah, but somehow it always ends up turning into some gay fantasy or everyone ends up married.

Lol so true!

As regards to the OP though, I really wanted a season 3 too, imagine the possibilities. SGU just kept getting more awesome and now its too late :(

Nth Chevron
April 19th, 2011, 02:58 PM
Why is it the best shows like this are only understood by a few people and we are never entitled to our stories being finished, Yet Eastenders has been going for longer than i've been alive and i couldnt find much more than a single cell amoeba intelligence in it.

N.C

garhkal
April 19th, 2011, 04:38 PM
Soaps get more viewers during the day...

Ian-S
April 19th, 2011, 04:46 PM
Eastenders is an evening program here, and yes I agree, it's very frustrating.

What makes me laugh sometimes though is when I see people say that SG:U is depressing and has horrible storylines, usually the first thing that pops into my head is "you've never watched Eastenders then LOL".

knowles2
April 19th, 2011, 04:56 PM
EastEnders, scourge of TV, along with Emmerdale and Coronation street and Big Brother and Xfactor BGT.

An yes now that the Novas arrive and we potentially got a crew of hundreds of people yes I want season 3. So we can see the ship turn into a travelling civilisation on a quest to fine the source of the signal. We can start repairing the ship.

sjleader
April 19th, 2011, 05:17 PM
Seriously.
Finally this is getting really good. What a waste.
Last week the ratings were up 25%... retarded.

darkthunder84
April 19th, 2011, 05:24 PM
I get the sense of Deja Vu in regards to SGU:

In 2001, Star Trek Enterprise premiered on UPN with initially good ratings, which eventually had a substantial drop, eventually resulting in the cancellation in 2005. During it's last (4th) season, the quality of the show improved considerably, and there was quite a few good episodes in it's 4th and final season.

In 2009, Stargate Universe premiered on SyFy with initally good ratings, which eventually had a substantial drop, eventually resulting in the cancellation in 2010. During it's last (2nd) season, the quality of the show improved considerably, and there was quite a few good episodes in it's 2nd and final season.

After a 4 year hiatus from Enterprise, the movie 'Star Trek' by JJ Abrams premiered in 2009 and earnt millions of dollars, and received high praise from critics and fans alike.

One wonders, maybe 4 years from now, a new Stargate movie will be made, which will re-energize the fanbase? One could only hope... and that future Stargate projects stay the hell away from SyFy.

the fifth man
April 19th, 2011, 07:48 PM
Frak indeed! It is such a shame that this show is ending. I wish Syfy nothing but bad things for this idiotic move.

jelgate
April 19th, 2011, 07:53 PM
Frak indeed! It is such a shame that this show is ending. I wish Syfy nothing but bad things for this idiotic move.
They were getting less then a million viewers. I don't see the idiocy.

Pharaoh Atem
April 19th, 2011, 07:54 PM
my BSG sense just went off

darkthunder84
April 19th, 2011, 08:00 PM

Well, moving the show from it's typical Friday Night timeslot (replaced by REAL science fiction wrestling), and moving it to first Tuesdays (busiest network day of the week), and then to Mondays (also quite busy network day). All these scheduling moves hurt the ratings. Had they remained on Fridays for season 2, it's quite possible the ratings would improve. Instead of moving it around every few weeks.

Puddle-Jumper
April 19th, 2011, 08:00 PM

Ya.. SGU is just one of those anomolies... like it had every reason to be very succussful.. but it just wasn't.. like Warehouse 13 is god awful and thats still on the air...

themeatcleaver
April 19th, 2011, 08:04 PM
Ya.. SGU is just one of those anomolies... like it had every reason to be very succussful.. but it just wasn't.. like Warehouse 13 is god awful and thats still on the air...

bite your tongue when speaking of my Warehouse 13! :-P

that said, Warehouse will be the only thing left on Syfy for me to even bother with and I'm really not sure i can get myself to go out of the way to watch it live. so yes, Frak indeed.

jelgate
April 19th, 2011, 08:06 PM
Well, moving the show from it's typical Friday Night timeslot (replaced by REAL science fiction wrestling), and moving it to first Tuesdays (busiest network day of the week), and then to Mondays (also quite busy network day). All these scheduling moves hurt the ratings. Had they remained on Fridays for season 2, it's quite possible the ratings would improve. Instead of moving it around every few weeks.

SGU was suffering back in the back half of S1 when it was still on Friday nights

D Toccs
April 19th, 2011, 08:30 PM

They moved it from Friday's because it wasn't getting the ratings.

Seriously guys, it sucks that SGU was canceled, but if a TV network has a show that costs what SGU cost to produce and doesn't bring in the ratings to offset that expense, then canceling it is not an idiotic or malicious move.

Egle01
April 20th, 2011, 01:15 AM
I've always wanted a season 3. Even after watching mediocre episodes. Awesome ones like these make me even more sadder that there isn't going to be one. :(

flobo
April 20th, 2011, 02:29 AM
They moved it from Friday's because it wasn't getting the ratings.

Seriously guys, it sucks that SGU was canceled, but if a TV network has a show that costs what SGU cost to produce and doesn't bring in the ratings to offset that expense, then canceling it is not an idiotic or malicious move.

For me, it's not that much the cancellation that is the problem. It's the fact that it was cancelled after production ended...
I would be totally fine with the franchise ending, if we had the promised SG1/SGA and also a SGU movie conclusion.

The way i see it, MGM and scifi are like "we made millions of $ from you fans watching the show and buying dvds in the last 14 years, thank you for everything and btw, sorry we can't spend 0.05 % of all we earnt to give you a proper ending".

I mean, i can understand a show not having a conclusion if it's cancelled very early in its run, but for stargate, the way things happened is very disregardful in my opinion.

KEK
April 20th, 2011, 03:17 AM
Eastenders is an evening program here, and yes I agree, it's very frustrating.

What makes me laugh sometimes though is when I see people say that SG:U is depressing and has horrible storylines, usually the first thing that pops into my head is "you've never watched Eastenders then LOL".

To be fair though, EastEnders is like Shakespeare compared to the American equivalents. They really have it bad.

Skydiver
April 20th, 2011, 03:58 AM
and the 2 hour premier of Deadliest Catch got 10 million viewers....so ten times as many people watched men catch crabs vs SGU.

regardless, we have a thread to discuss ratings, we have a multiple threads for those wanting to talk about the cancellation...let's take the convo there rather than adding yet another poorly named thread to the mix.