The "other two settlements"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The "other two settlements"

So if I understand correctly, nobody ever talked to the people on that planet in the other two settlements? Nobody even bothered to tell them that Destiny was there? That's the impression I got at least, which seems very weird considering they said they were all near the stargate.

I thought Ellie & Co. ran off to warn them/discover what happened?

Comment

it wasn't really ever clear if they were part of the original plan to leave

Comment

During the evacuation they didn't exactly have enough time to gather the other two settlements, what with drones everywhere. And also, Greer's comment about it being too late was probably true; since they had no idea what the drones were, they wouldn't have run or anything.

Comment

In the history of the franchise, the number of times there have been "other settlements" that we never saw is... a really huge number. I remember it really bothering me in Scorched Earth, so now I just assume that we're not going to see them whenever they mention them.
          sigpic

Comment

They could have picked them up with the shuttles when they got back.

Comment

Originally posted by Starsaber View Post
              this

Comment

Originally posted by Starsaber View Post
                The "week" of air that was mentioned... Was this for all three settlements? I thought there were more than 100 people per settlement...Destiny didn't take over 300 people? Plus if they were all gathered around to hear Young's decision, shouldn't the other settlements have been there listening, and also hoping to be taken along?
                sigpic
                Teal'c: "Appearances may be deceiving."
                O'Neill: "One man's ceiling is another man's floor."
                Daniel: "A fool's paradise is a wise man's hell."
                O'Neill: "Never run with...scissors?"

Comment

they are presumed dead

Comment

Originally posted by sholva1 View Post
                    they are presumed dead
                    I didn't get that impression at all. I presumed whatever survivors were left after the raid were picked up by shuttle. Also, for those who thought the drones were still around during the retrieval, after the attack and Destiny jumped, I assumed the drones left as well, since they were not still bombarding the planet after the gate was damaged.

Comment

After rewatching, they said 100 people per settlement then mentioned 300 people on Destiny, so it does sound like the plan always was to take all of them. That's good, because not doing so seemed pretty ****ty of them.

Comment

Perhaps they were picked up with the shuttles. BUT it is amazing the amt of times we hear of many settlements on planet Z but only see 1 (maybe 2)..

Comment

If they took the time to show us every settlement on that planet, even at 5 mins per settlement, just think of the awesome battle scenes and 2000 year old kino footage that would have been lost due to time constraints

PLEASE THINK OF THE BATTLE SCENES !!!!!!!!!!! ;'(

n.c

Comment

LOL... the initial one was sweet.

Comment

Working...
                            X