Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Wouldn't it be fun if (spoiler-free speculation)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wouldn't it be fun if (spoiler-free speculation)

No spoilers here, please. If you came in here to post them, just turn around and go away. Thanks.

Anyway. Wouldn't it be fun if the drones were a creation of the descendant civilization? They created them to fight some threat, based on descriptions in their own legends--ie Destiny's encounters with them in Resurgence and Deliverance--forming a paradox of sorts. Just thinking aloud
    "A society grows great when old men plant trees, the shade of which they know they will never sit in. Good people do things for other people. That's it, the end." -- Penelope Wilton in Ricky Gervais's After Life

Yeah but you would think the people here would have had some clue of what they were.

Comment

haha that would be pretty funny but do you remember hearing when the drones were created cause I cant remember?

Comment

I thought about this while I was watching the episode; it would have made a great plot twist, although it would be ripping off Battlestar Galactica slightly.

Comment

cylons were made under very, very different circumstances.

the Drones were made to be a weapon of incredible power, and made so durable that they survived their own creator's extinction. it's likely that in the war between these civilisations, the one attacked by the drones decided to go MAD and wiped out the people who made the drones, so neither would win.

wouldn't in be fun if?

wouldn't it be fun if the Destiny crew stayed with their decendants. it would certainly be interesting gene-wise

Comment

I was actually referring to the ancient history of the Battlestar universe, i.e.
            Spoiler:
            the 13th Tribe being Cylon, the whole thing with the Final Five etc.

Comment

though it would most certainly be fun it is imposible that the descendants created the drones since the ursini were at war with the race that created them, since the ursini did not recognise humans as hostiles, they cant be the ones they were at war with an that means they are not the drone builders.

Comment

Unless I missed something in the two times I've seen Resurgence/Deliverance, the Ursini were never at war with the Drone builders--just the Drones themselves.
                "A society grows great when old men plant trees, the shade of which they know they will never sit in. Good people do things for other people. That's it, the end." -- Penelope Wilton in Ricky Gervais's After Life

Comment

ive a feeling we may never find out who made the drones. the blues dont seem to have built them either, they were attacked just as well.

perhaps they know who, though?

lets say thoguh the futura did make them. why - mad? w/ftl capable commandships, hard for me to figure how. just sayin
                  Last edited by greenguywithlasereye; 19 April 2011, 01:37 PM.

Comment

Thats just it though, it cant have been Futurama land that built them because they attack Destiny, if there religion revolved around Rush being on the Destiny and possibly coming back to save them, it'd be counter-productive to set Destiny as a viable target.

Its like the Ori telling their created humans that they are evil and shouldnt be worshiped.

N.C

Comment

Yes but they didn't .

Comment

we dont know they didnt

N.C

Comment

Originally posted by Nth Chevron View Post
                          Thats just it though, it cant have been Futurama land that built them because they attack Destiny, if there religion revolved around Rush being on the Destiny and possibly coming back to save them, it'd be counter-productive to set Destiny as a viable target.
                          2000 years is a long time. In keeping with the messiah thing, how many people today actually think that Christ is actually going show up on their proverbial doorstep one day?

Comment

I can point to few people in my town that believe the "knock" is gonna happen more than they believe the Earth is round, man can fly and Atheists are actually nice people.

N.C

Comment

Originally posted by greenguywithlasereye View Post
                              ive a feeling we may never find out who made the drones. the blues dont seem to have built them either, they were attacked just as well.

perhaps they know who, though?

lets say thoguh the futura did make them. why - mad? w/ftl capable commandships, hard for me to figure how. just sayin
                              WIth what?? If they had that level of tech, why would they have just sent small parties out to check other planets out, when they 'detected' that incoming blackhole? Why not just build ships and LEAVE..

Comment

Working...
                              X