April 18th, 2011, 09:15 PM
Who do we think was the mother?

Pharaoh Atem
April 18th, 2011, 09:17 PM
the next closest red head on the ship

s09119
April 18th, 2011, 09:20 PM
the next closest red head on the ship

Once you contract gingervitus, there's no going back.

Sand
April 18th, 2011, 09:53 PM
James

k1037
April 18th, 2011, 10:06 PM
James, obviously*. Or pretty much anyone but Chloe - they wouldn't start that again.

* just for the comedic effect it would create when watching Kinos.

BadOnion
April 18th, 2011, 10:08 PM
She was won over by Eli's kino handling skills.

KEK
April 18th, 2011, 10:45 PM
I'm actually thinking it might be Wray. I mean obviously they wouldn't be in a relationship, but given the genetic problem I'm sure she would want to contribute, and who would she feel more comfortable having a kid with/for than Eli?

MattSilver 3k
April 19th, 2011, 12:59 AM
I'm actually thinking it might be Wray. I mean obviously they wouldn't be in a relationship, but given the genetic problem I'm sure she would want to contribute, and who would she feel more comfortable having a kid with/for than Eli?

I'd lol if she did that with Greer.

As for Eli, I was really hoping for a surprise Chloe thing if only for the sheer lulz, but I don't think it'll be revealed. James only if you want to just pair the spares, really.

escyos
April 19th, 2011, 01:23 AM
Greer was the mother......

KEK
April 19th, 2011, 02:19 AM
I'd lol if she did that with Greer.

As for Eli, I was really hoping for a surprise Chloe thing if only for the sheer lulz, but I don't think it'll be revealed. James only if you want to just pair the spares, really.

I wouldn't be surprised if it was. I'd expect to see more kino scenes in 'Epilogue'.

Lantean General
April 19th, 2011, 03:11 AM
Scott-Chloe
Young-TJ

I'm thinking either Doctor Lisa Park or Lt. James...but the former would only come from Greer dying of infection.

thekillman
April 19th, 2011, 03:48 AM
Park would read the entire crew of course

Egle01
April 19th, 2011, 03:51 AM
Park would read the entire crew of courseNot just the men?

morrismike
April 19th, 2011, 03:57 AM
the next closest red head on the ship I was thinking the same exact thing.

MattSilver 3k
April 19th, 2011, 03:58 AM
Not just the men?

She'd wear black and the ladies would flock. :cool:

morrismike
April 19th, 2011, 03:58 AM
It was most likely Wray.

Egle01
April 19th, 2011, 03:59 AM
She'd wear black and the ladies would flock. :cool:Most likely, yeah.

icsteffi
April 19th, 2011, 05:13 AM
arf. I think it would have to be a nameless extra. I can't see him with any of the main cast!

sholva1
April 19th, 2011, 05:30 AM
Every woman had a few kids with every man

Perelandra
April 19th, 2011, 07:37 AM
Possibly Wray, but I think he looks at her almost like a mother figure, so I doubt it.
I'd say James.

traylormatt
April 19th, 2011, 07:48 AM
do they have any means for insemination other than intercourse? Because otherwise it must get pretty awkward on the planet with people most likely pairing off and becoming emotionally involved, beyond the physical. Like can you really imagine Scott saying "Yeah sure thing Rush, you can have sex with Chloe. It is for the good of our people. I don't care how many times it takes"

If everyone were seen purely as people to reproduce it could be different, but with relationships existing or forming, it must be difficult. I am sure it could be possible, but awwwwwkward.

Shylodog
April 19th, 2011, 08:10 AM
Every woman had a few kids with every man

While it would make the most sense realistically, I find it doubtful in the story

since we see marriages take place in the upcoming Kino segments. One would have to think that if they were actually getting married, they would be upholding monogomy. Especially after the whole Chloe/Scott/James debacle.

gaguhan.galore
April 19th, 2011, 08:14 AM
there was a couple of good-looking extras in previous background shots

also, in previous timeline the lucians weren't killed.

there were a couple of good-looking lucians last episode. :3

zainea13
April 19th, 2011, 08:58 AM
I thought Wray, they have a close friendship already.

KEK
April 19th, 2011, 09:36 AM
We're assuming that given the lack of genetic diversity, it must have been the former.

kimmyg
April 19th, 2011, 12:04 PM
Eli's kids - if not Lt James then some nameless female. I don't see Eli shacking up with Lucian Alliance gal from the Hunt.

As to Wray, since most people creep her out, I would say Young.

Jedi_Master_Bra'tac
April 19th, 2011, 12:33 PM
We're assuming that given the lack of genetic diversity, it must have been the former.

I deleted my post after remembering that Wray had obvious descendants

SupremeLegate
April 19th, 2011, 02:04 PM
I have to say as a avid/rabid Chloe/Eli shipper, I would love for Chloe to be the mother. But

given the preview for next week, it is obvious that Chloe and Scott get hitched.

I doubt we will know who the mother was.

On a side note: Is it mean of me to like the idea of Chloe and Scott living happily ever after in ever alternate reality but Chloe ending up with Eli is the 'prime' timeline? lol

Once you contract gingervitus, there's no going back.

True, I have been suffering with it for the past 13 years. :D

BadOnion
April 19th, 2011, 02:10 PM
do they have any means for insemination other than intercourse?

This would not be difficult to improvise. Think "turkey baster". Its not rocket science.

KEK
April 19th, 2011, 02:30 PM
They wouldn't even need that. A bit of handy work would do. Pun intended.

Selene1212
April 19th, 2011, 02:38 PM
I guess that TJ wasn't hooking up with Varro either...

morrismike
April 19th, 2011, 03:12 PM
do they have any means for insemination other than intercourse? Because otherwise it must get pretty awkward on the planet with people most likely pairing off and becoming emotionally involved, beyond the physical. Like can you really imagine Scott saying "Yeah sure thing Rush, you can have sex with Chloe. It is for the good of our people. I don't care how many times it takes"

If everyone were seen purely as people to reproduce it could be different, but with relationships existing or forming, it must be difficult. I am sure it could be possible, but awwwwwkward.

If Parks isn't sharing her extra condoms and people weren't getting married it would be easy to imagine just that happening.

Nth Chevron
April 19th, 2011, 03:18 PM
Imo, as relationships were happening aboard Destiny, the planet side relationships were just the next logical extension.

Resigned to the fact they were NEVER going home, they decided to make Novus home and act accordingly.

N.C

garhkal
April 19th, 2011, 06:08 PM
I'm wondering if next ep, in those kinosodes, we might see some glimps of his kids..
Also will they tell the SGC?

the fifth man
April 19th, 2011, 07:46 PM
I kind of hope we find out who gave birth to Eli's kid(s) in the next episode.

SaberBlade
April 20th, 2011, 05:51 AM
If it has to be an important (be they recurring or regular), then I believe Lt. James would probably be the mother. I couldn't see it being Wray simply because she's the mother figure of the crew, so I would expect her to have a relationship with someone who'd be closer to her age like Volkner or Brody.

KEK
April 20th, 2011, 05:57 AM
Without being disrespectful to the actress, Wray might be a bit old to be having kids anyway. I mean yes it's possible, but I'm pretty sure when you get around that age the chances of genetic defects get a lot higher.

SaberBlade
April 20th, 2011, 06:08 AM
Without being disrespectful to the actress, Wray might be a bit old to be having kids anyway. I mean yes it's possible, but I'm pretty sure when you get around that age the chances of genetic defects get a lot higher.

It's not impossible for a woman Wray's age (assuming she shares the same age as Ming-Na). Yes it can be harder and there can be complications, but she did have children as her descendants were there. It's possible that she'd be only be willing to try having one child.

KEK
April 20th, 2011, 06:16 AM
I'm not sure it was ever stated that they were Wray descendants.

SaberBlade
April 20th, 2011, 06:19 AM
I believe it was more implied than anything else, with the Chinese sayings and one of them named after her father. I'm not sure on the ethnic backgrounds of the Destiny crew, but the only two Asians I can recall are Park and Wray, and Wray seemed to have a better relationship with the descendants.

KEK
April 20th, 2011, 06:28 AM
Corp. Barnes is, I'm not even sure if Park is though to be honest. Either way, from such a small gene pool those traits really shouldn't have survived anyway. The crew is so overwhelmingly white that their descendants should be too really...

Nth Chevron
April 20th, 2011, 06:31 AM
Yes but from a civilisation that numbered in the millions, i am sure there were more than a few hundred where the racial gene that had lain dormant/suppressed had come forward to be a dominant gene, probably through a weaker genetic specimen where the strongest racial gene either had more of itself to become dominant in 2 matching samples or due to illness/disease it became the dominant gene.

Imagination people :P

N.C

Shylodog
April 20th, 2011, 07:31 AM
I think it's funny when you look up the characters, Chloe is listed as a 23 year old, yet they give no indication of Wray's age. If I were to guess, I'd say Ming-Na was 40. And of course I'd be off seeing as she's 47. However, since my wife and I gave birth to a completely healthy and incredibly intelligent son (sounds biased, I know, but you have to see him to know I'm not exaggerating) at age 40, I can see Wray's having a couple kids without defect.

Hell, we have 50 somethings having kids today with little to no medical assistance. It could happen.

aaobuttons
April 20th, 2011, 07:38 AM

Considering the events of the last few episodes didn't happen in their timeline (no Hunt), then they must not have been brought together. Either that or he might have been killed in the early days. The fact that Eli says that TJ and Young's baby is the first born on the planet, that must mean that they hooked up fairly early in the split in time to beat out everyone else.

SaberBlade
April 20th, 2011, 07:40 AM
Corp. Barnes is, I'm not even sure if Park is though to be honest. Either way, from such a small gene pool those traits really shouldn't have survived anyway. The crew is so overwhelmingly white that their descendants should be too really...

I don't remember Cpl. Barnes, will have to google him. As for Park, I'm not expert but I'm pretty sure she's Asian, I'd guess of Korean descent but what do I know, I'm whiter than white but there were several Asian descendants when Wray was having tea.

--

Back from Google, turns out Cpl. Barnes is female. Shows how well I remembered the character, but it does add the possibility for more Asian descendants but I'd still say Wray had some. I couldn't see someone else naming their child after another persons father.

Nth Chevron
April 20th, 2011, 07:46 AM
Cpl. Barnes is a she :P

N.C

blahdkm
April 20th, 2011, 08:28 AM

I understand the point you're making, but my OC won't let me ignore it.

Rush never made it to the Novus colony.

General Jumper One
April 20th, 2011, 03:53 PM

Hah, nice catch

garhkal
April 20th, 2011, 08:03 PM
What about young and wray!

kimmyg
April 20th, 2011, 08:48 PM
What about young and wray!

I suspect if Wray did have children, they wouldn't use a turkey baster as some have suggested. I suspect she'd choose her partner on how best to serve her desire for continued power/control/influence within the group. She's very astute politically and would choose someone 'influential' to make her prodigy's heritage "important" to the bigger picture. She told Young at one point he doesn't creep her out as much as he used to. I think she'd see him as a natural choice. He's tough, respected (by most), already maintains a position of power and she's seen his softer side on occasion.

Gollumpus
April 20th, 2011, 09:45 PM
It's interesting(?) how some folks view what the connections would be. Some appear to believe that relationships would retain the same sort of monogamy as they currently have aboard Destiny. Young would "marry" TJ, Scott would get together with Chloe, etc while all of the "other" women would be in some sort of multiple partner type of relationships.

I would think that all of the existing folks in the gene pool would need to mix with all of the other folks in the gene pool to achieve as much diversity as possible.

So, when we see that kino footage of TJ giving birth, while she and Young may have paired up with regard to day to day living arrangements, the child could have been the result of a bonding between TJ and Varro, or Scott, or Greer, or Eli, or ....

regards,
G.

Pharaoh Atem
April 20th, 2011, 09:48 PM

thank the frakking gods. she can do so much better and she did.

tomstone
April 20th, 2011, 10:22 PM
thank the frakking gods. she can do so much better and she did.

Wait a sec... in what way is Young better then Varro? If you would compare those two, Varro would obviously be Alpha.

Egle01
April 21st, 2011, 02:35 AM
Considering the events of the last few episodes didn't happen in their timeline (no Hunt), then they must not have been brought together. True. I keep forgetting the events of "The Hunt" didn't happen for the other crew.

traylormatt
April 21st, 2011, 02:53 AM

Haha, no he did not make it. I didn't even think. I was just trying to think of the person I can imagine Matt would least like Chloe having sex with and Rush came to mind. Not because I don't think Rush is fantastic, because I do. But just because, you know, Matt wouldn't like it.

morrismike
April 21st, 2011, 04:04 AM
Wait a sec... in what way is Young better then Varro? If you would compare those two, Varro would obviously be Alpha.

You are kidding, right? I would agree if the comparison was Scott vs. Varro but Young is the obvious Alpha male on the show.

Shak53
April 21st, 2011, 05:03 AM
No, Varro is the alpha. Young is weak and unstable. He, at points, has shown himself without any sense of self-control. This is obvious. Varro is more self-confident, more assured of himself, and generally has a stronger personal carriage. When I compare the two - Varro would be the one I'd trust before Young. If your name is any indication, you're a male. I'm a female. To me, seeing either character, Varro is obviously superior.

Shylodog
April 21st, 2011, 07:45 AM
You are kidding, right? I would agree if the comparison was Scott vs. Varro but Young is the obvious Alpha male on the show.

^This. Young may have his moments of whiny mopiness, but ultimately he's the one in charge. Thus the Alpha.

tomstone
April 21st, 2011, 07:52 AM
^This. Young may have his moments of whiny mopiness, but ultimately he's the one in charge. Thus the Alpha.

Come on, Varro is Younger, bigger and also with Leaderqualities. Young is just the commanding officer, that doesnt make a Alpha yet.

Shylodog
April 21st, 2011, 08:17 AM
Come on, Varro is Younger, bigger and also with Leaderqualities. Young is just the commanding officer, that doesnt make a Alpha yet.

That is exactly what makes an Alpha in a civilized society. Now if you want to go down to the barbarian levels of society, quite possibly Varro might take Young and thus be the Alpha male.

Your comment reminded me of this:
Park: "You can't gage a neighborhood based on a few bad neightbors."
Volker(or Brody?): "That's exactly how you gauge a neighborhood!"

traylormatt
April 21st, 2011, 08:19 AM

Are you kidding. That's exactly what makes him the alpha male. He has all the authority. What he says goes. That is exactly what an alpha male is. Sure if this were the wild he would have his pick of eating first and who he wants to sleep with. But his ability to say what he wants to happen and others having to follow is exactly what an alpha is. Sure in the case of say Jack vs Hammond, you could argue that Jack is the alpha but that is only because he is a main character, in real life Hammond would have been. But in this circumstance where, in general, everyone has to follow the word of Young, he most certainly is the alpha by a long shot. That is what was making tension at times having Telford on board because he was the only one with any ability to challenge him as Alpha.

Look at the officers under him, they were willing to let Telford die under Young's command, there was nothing ANYONE could do about it. They just had to let him because it was Young. No one could really challenge him. Wray could try, but she wouldn't be able to. and you saw TJ with the whole "He's a full bird Colonel blah blah blah" her little look was definitely showing how impressed she is by him and what he can do. These things massively make him the alpha on that ship.

Meshakhad
April 21st, 2011, 02:49 PM
Of named characters, James. Though some random extra is a good chance.

I was surprised to see TJ and Young - it seemed like TJ and Varro were becoming an item.

Selene1212
April 21st, 2011, 10:52 PM
From Wikipedia:

Jennifer Spence (born January 22, 1977) is a Canadian actor. Her acting credits include playing the part of Dr. Lisa Park on the Stargate Universe television series.
Spence was born and raised in Toronto, Canada to a British father and third generation Japanese Canadian mother.

General Jumper One
April 22nd, 2011, 05:41 AM
From Wikipedia:

Jennifer Spence (born January 22, 1977) is a Canadian actor. Her acting credits include playing the part of Dr. Lisa Park on the Stargate Universe television series.
Spence was born and raised in Toronto, Canada to a British father and third generation Japanese Canadian mother.

What does this have to do with Eli's kid(s)?

Selene1212
April 22nd, 2011, 05:49 AM
What does this have to do with Eli's kid(s)?
What does half this thread have to do with Eli's kids? What does Harry Potter have to do with GateWorld? I'm sorry I didn't quote the half a dozen posts on the previous few pages wondering about her ethnicity...

Anyway, I haven't heard anything about the mother of Eli's kids, but in a spoiler pic I saw that the school on Novus was named after Eli.

General Jumper One
April 22nd, 2011, 06:05 AM
What does Harry Potter have to do with GateWorld?

Its MY sig and avatar it can be on anything I WANT.

Selene1212
April 22nd, 2011, 06:29 AM
Its MY sig and avatar it can be on anything I WANT.For the record I don't really care what your signature is, I was just making a point about my post and my participation in this thread.

Ser Scot A Ellison
April 22nd, 2011, 06:35 AM
traylor,

Are you kidding. That's exactly what makes him the alpha male. He has all the authority. What he says goes. That is exactly what an alpha male is. Sure if this were the wild he would have his pick of eating first and who he wants to sleep with. But his ability to say what he wants to happen and others having to follow is exactly what an alpha is. Sure in the case of say Jack vs Hammond, you could argue that Jack is the alpha but that is only because he is a main character, in real life Hammond would have been. But in this circumstance where, in general, everyone has to follow the word of Young, he most certainly is the alpha by a long shot. That is what was making tension at times having Telford on board because he was the only one with any ability to challenge him as Alpha.

Look at the officers under him, they were willing to let Telford die under Young's command, there was nothing ANYONE could do about it. They just had to let him because it was Young. No one could really challenge him. Wray could try, but she wouldn't be able to. and you saw TJ with the whole "He's a full bird Colonel blah blah blah" her little look was definitely showing how impressed she is by him and what he can do. These things massively make him the alpha on that ship.

Oh, all Varro has to do is affix the cone of shame around Young's neck then he's alpha and TJ is all his.

traylormatt
April 22nd, 2011, 07:19 AM
Oh, all Varro has to do is affix the cone of shame around Young's neck then he's alpha and TJ is all his.

Young would have none of it. Also if Varro came near him, Matt and Greer would take him down.

Nth Chevron
April 22nd, 2011, 08:29 AM
Your all forgetting that Varro never showed any indication of wanting to become leader/alpha, his only wish was that Young trust him and the LA and allow them to be integrated into Destiny's crew.

N.C

tomstone
April 22nd, 2011, 10:00 AM
Your all forgetting that Varro never showed any indication of wanting to become leader/alpha, his only wish was that Young trust him and the LA and allow them to be integrated into Destiny's crew.

N.C

There is still the possibility that he could be a LA Leader. Also, the reasoning you guys use to proof that Young is numero uno is kind of weird. Ever since the Crew got to Destiny, Young made mistakes and even got almost overthrown. The only reason he is still in command is that he has the People with Weapons on his side. Same goes for all the other Situations. In my opinion Young is near to a mild Dictator, if People mock up control them with fear.

In our Society a real Alpha needs to be wanted by his followers, but most People dont think that much of him. Just like on Novus there are 2 groups, Youngs and Rushs. That would actually put Rush also in the running, more so then Varro actually.

Shylodog
April 22nd, 2011, 10:27 AM
In our Society a real Alpha needs to be wanted by his followers, but most People dont think that much of him.

In your opinion.

I've found that the Alpha is simply the one who steps up and takes it, like or dislike of the Alpha doesn't matter.

tomstone
April 22nd, 2011, 10:39 AM
In your opinion.

I've found that the Alpha is simply the one who steps up and takes it, like or dislike of the Alpha doesn't matter.

Your right. Still, if People dont approve they will turn to someone else and that would make the other one Alpha. A leader is nothing without subordinates, if they dont choose but are forced to follow him, he is not much of a leader. The military personell does not count. They are more a way to enforce leadership.

morrismike
April 23rd, 2011, 06:19 AM
Young would have none of it. Also if Varro came near him, Matt and Greer would take him down.

Pretty safe bet they would have sent LA to another and then stranded them by blowing the gate. Or more simply off'd them.

morrismike
April 23rd, 2011, 06:21 AM
Who else would it be?
Matt? seriously?
Greer? seriously?
Varro? maybe head of security
Wray? we'll make her head of HR
Eli? maybe when he grows up

There really is no other choice as to who gets to be boss.

morrismike
April 23rd, 2011, 06:24 AM
There is still the possibility that he could be a LA Leader. Also, the reasoning you guys use to proof that Young is numero uno is kind of weird. Ever since the Crew got to Destiny, Young made mistakes and even got almost overthrown. The only reason he is still in command is that he has the People with Weapons on his side. Same goes for all the other Situations. In my opinion Young is near to a mild Dictator, if People mock up control them with fear.

In our Society a real Alpha needs to be wanted by his followers, but most People dont think that much of him. Just like on Novus there are 2 groups, Youngs and Rushs. That would actually put Rush also in the running, more so then Varro actually.

This isn't "band camp" we're talking about here, it is life and death. There are really only a pool of 4 or 5 people capable of making that decision and the only not military in that camp is varro. Wray has shown she is incapable of making a decision AND considering the consequences at the same time. Varro is likely dead or exiled, they tried to kill them remember?

Save Chloe
April 23rd, 2011, 06:52 AM
Wray gave birth to Eli's FIRST son.........

General Jumper One
April 23rd, 2011, 08:23 AM
Who else would it be?
Matt? seriously?
Greer? seriously?
Varro? maybe head of security
Wray? we'll make her head of HR
Eli? maybe when he grows up

There really is no other choice as to who gets to be boss.

Wrong, Greer would be more head of security type

Duneknight
April 23rd, 2011, 08:50 AM
All you crazy, wray? are you kidding me? what would be the significance in that? Its obviously Chloe, she broke up with Scott like how most relationships end and realised that Eli was her type which is how nerds get layed in the end.

Nth Chevron
April 23rd, 2011, 08:55 AM
All you crazy, wray? are you kidding me? what would be the significance in that? Its obviously Chloe, she broke up with Scott like how most relationships end and realised that Eli was her type which is how nerds get layed in the end.

Oh the irony of using the word nerd on a Sci-Fi forum website.

As for whomever, we dont know yet, my fingers are crossed for James and if so, good lad !!

N.C

Duneknight
April 23rd, 2011, 09:02 AM
Oh the irony of using the word nerd on a Sci-Fi forum website.

As for whomever, we dont know yet, my fingers are crossed for James and if so, good lad !!

N.C

How could James ever find herself falling for Eli?? that would be freaky. It was always Chloe, always. the other redhead was to compensate for not getting chloe.

Anyway now that they met the Novus people, do you think Eli can shag that chick they first saw by the gate? And have babies? or would that be wrong?

Nth Chevron
April 23rd, 2011, 09:03 AM
Well, sorry to debase the average IQ here, but around my area ive seen some really pretty ladies lowering their standards due to alcohol, drugs, boredom and most usually because they were gagging.

N.C

garhkal
April 23rd, 2011, 05:27 PM
Plus, when you have little other choice, you go with what works.

Duneknight
April 23rd, 2011, 05:43 PM
okay but will it be wrong for Eli right now to have relations with the novus people?

morrismike
April 23rd, 2011, 06:53 PM
Well, sorry to debase the average IQ here, but around my area ive seen some really pretty ladies lowering their standards due to alcohol, drugs, boredom and most usually because they were gagging.

N.C

Why, I'm curious would Eli not be a catch on Novus?

jsonitsac
April 23rd, 2011, 07:04 PM
okay but will it be wrong for Eli right now to have relations with the novus people?

Well, on the one hand, they are his decedents, but they are probably decedents of everybody on Destiny. But he's also many many many generations removed, and here on Earth marriages between distant cousins are not that unusual.

Nth Chevron
April 23rd, 2011, 08:10 PM
I'd say James is more of the catch tbh :P

N.C

morrismike
April 24th, 2011, 04:20 AM
I'd say James is more of the catch tbh :P

N.C
In a world with an unlimited supply of men, yes. Who's she going to pick on Novus? Frankly, Eli can do better than her.

Ben 'Teal'c would WIN!!' Noble
April 24th, 2011, 09:29 AM
We don't know it could be anyone.

As far as we know Chloe and Scott are still together so lets assume Eli has had children with someone else.

I would go with no one in the main cast just my gut feeling.

We know about Young and TJ.

I think its safe to assume it would be Greer and Park.

Any one after that is any ones guess.

Duneknight
April 24th, 2011, 01:00 PM
We don't know it could be anyone.

As far as we know Chloe and Scott are still together so lets assume Eli has had children with someone else.

I would go with no one in the main cast just my gut feeling.

We know about Young and TJ.

I think its safe to assume it would be Greer and Park.

Any one after that is any ones guess.

wtf is wrong with you lot? lol its so freaking obvious, its chloe, chloe, choe!

greer and park? yeah right! its greer and wray!!!! that scene in the pentagon they hit off big time!

morrismike
April 24th, 2011, 01:40 PM

greer and park? yeah right! its greer and wray!!!! that scene in the pentagon they hit off big time!
Eli sees her for what she is. It wouldn't happen now even if she threw herself at him.

Duneknight
April 24th, 2011, 02:33 PM
Eli sees her for what she is. It wouldn't happen now even if she threw herself at him.

you are delusional.

traylormatt
April 24th, 2011, 02:36 PM

He would pounce at the idea of getting with her. However, I really do not think it would be Chloe who he will have kids with.

Duneknight
April 24th, 2011, 02:38 PM
He would pounce at the idea of getting with her. However, I really do not think it would be Chloe who he will have kids with.

its chloe. Scott will cheat on her and she goes to eli. or Scott will die and she goes to Eli. whatever it is, shes with eli.

Nth Chevron
April 24th, 2011, 02:41 PM
I dont think Eli is up for lowering his standards to Chloe's level, especially after Ginn.

N.C

Duneknight
April 24th, 2011, 02:48 PM
I dont think Eli is up for lowering his standards to Chloe's level, especially after Ginn.

N.C

chloe is hotter than ginn imo, and shes not LA. we need support the earth chicks not some alien traitor, Eli should know better. alien chicks are just for sleeping around, earth chicks are to get pregnant with.

Nth Chevron
April 24th, 2011, 02:52 PM
Ginn was way hotter and was an infinitely more diverse character in 5 episodes than Chloe was in a whole season.

Besides, i think only Scott could go with someone that looks like she could still be in Secondary School

N.C

Trinary
April 24th, 2011, 02:56 PM
I can see Eli and Wray is possible to have children together. Doesn't matter what her sexual preferences are, Eli and Wray has stronger emotional bonding than anyone else on the destiny. Perhaps not as passionate as Eli and Ginn, but so far, Eli and Wray working great solving each other personal problem. I almost didn't notice it.

Both respect each other emotionally, so if there a relationship between the two, it will base of how much compromise they will able to provide to each other. Most likely they will become a working model of a young husband with an older wife.

Duneknight
April 24th, 2011, 03:04 PM
I can see Eli and Wray is possible to have children together. Doesn't matter what her sexual preferences are, Eli and Wray has stronger emotional bonding than anyone else on the destiny. Perhaps not as passionate as Eli and Ginn, but so far, Eli and Wray working great solving each other personal problem. I almost didn't notice it.

Both respect each other emotionally, so if there a relationship between the two, it will base of how much compromise they will able to provide to each other. Most likely they will become a working model of a young husband with an older wife.

i dont think he can satisfy her :) besides thats the worst matchup yet. why you guys being so random? what would be the significance in all those matchups you coming up with? its chloe, right from the start it was chloe and if it werent for scott it would be her. Now i dont remember the kino footage but i think we should seriously consider that scott might have died on that planet.

morrismike
April 24th, 2011, 03:07 PM
OK this isn't 90210. Cloe is not all that. Ginn was smoking hot and Cloe was just a tease. It's a safe bet that Eli pities her more than anything.

Trinary
April 24th, 2011, 03:17 PM
i dont think he can satisfy her :) besides thats the worst matchup yet. why you guys being so random? what would be the significance in all those matchups you coming up with? its chloe, right from the start it was chloe and if it werent for scott it would be her. Now i dont remember the kino footage but i think we should seriously consider that scott might have died on that planet.

Chloe? It worse than Wray. Since beginning Chloe has no feeling for Eli. That was very clear. Both will dissatisfied if they going to be together. While Wray, I think she don't mind a toy boy as substitute for her lesbianism need. Her motherly feeling show stronger than her sexual need. Eli seem comfortable enough around Wray.

Damn! you made me to say it. I hope no one get offended.

Duneknight
April 24th, 2011, 03:23 PM
you guys are outta your mind i cant believe what im reading. Wray of all people? the uber sophisticated wray? she could be a mother figure to Eli, but not "come to mommy" kinda figure! thats messed up. Let me just say its Chloe once again and for everyone here to remember that i said so when the next episode airs and they show chloe having eli's baby, i say I told you so!

Trinary
April 24th, 2011, 03:36 PM
How do you explain in spoiler clip, Scott and Chloe get married, then pregnant and both Scott and Chloe grow old together?

Probably you saw Eli talk to the pregnant Chloe, you must thought it was Eli's baby she were carry in her.

But the next frame after that showing the older Scott and Chloe sit together simply dismiss that idea,

Duneknight
April 24th, 2011, 03:40 PM
How do you explain in spoiler clip, Scott and Chloe get married, then pregnant and both Scott and Chloe grow old together?

Probably you saw Eli talk to the pregnant Chloe, you must thought it was Eli's baby she were carry in her.

But the next frame after that showing the older Scott and Chloe sit together simply dismiss that idea,

put spoiler tags! i dont care what they show in these ads, all i know is that its chloe. if not then its bad writing. because it sure hell cant be ginn.

traylormatt
April 24th, 2011, 03:47 PM
put spoiler tags! i dont care what they show in these ads, all i know is that its chloe. if not then its bad writing. because it sure hell cant be ginn.

whoah, so it is bad writing if it is not Chloe because his only two options are definitely Chloe or Ginn? So in those 10 years, he would not be able to create a bond with anyone else? Don't get me wrong, it could very well be Chloe but it is a far cry from "bad writing" if it is not. Personally I would say if a writer was so closed off thinking for a writer "well they have had a close relationship before, if she isn't with Matt then it HAS to be Eli" and there is a difference between "bad" and "obvious". Eli and Chloe getting together because something happens to matt is obvious and anything else is not bad.

Maybe you will be right, maybe you have read something we haven't. Anything in what has happened has not said "all roads lead to Eli and Chloe", it would just be obvious.

Duneknight
April 24th, 2011, 04:04 PM
whoah, so it is bad writing if it is not Chloe because his only two options are definitely Chloe or Ginn? So in those 10 years, he would not be able to create a bond with anyone else? Don't get me wrong, it could very well be Chloe but it is a far cry from "bad writing" if it is not. Personally I would say if a writer was so closed off thinking for a writer "well they have had a close relationship before, if she isn't with Matt then it HAS to be Eli" and there is a difference between "bad" and "obvious". Eli and Chloe getting together because something happens to matt is obvious and anything else is not bad.

Maybe you will be right, maybe you have read something we haven't. Anything in what has happened has not said "all roads lead to Eli and Chloe", it would just be obvious.

yeah unless they come up with something totally new and revolutionary.

traylormatt
April 24th, 2011, 04:16 PM
Obviously Ginn is out of the question and I just really hope they wont go for Chloe. I think he would never say no to her but I just hope they wont go down that way.

SupremeLegate
April 24th, 2011, 04:17 PM
Personally I would love for Chloe to be the mother of Eli's kids, and given the need to create as much genetic diversity as possible I could see it happening. In my opinion Eli is the person Chloe is the closest too on Destiny, I would even say more so than Scott but I will put them on equal terms for the sake of avoiding argument.

Also, Chloe has told Eli that she knows how he feels about her and that she does not feel the same way. But this is not to say those feelings could change over time, it is my belief that is indeed what would have happened eventually, and I will always believe that regardless of any evidence to the contrary.

Now back on point, I think I may have wandered a bit. Given the close relationship between Chloe and Eli, I could see if they had to "double up" as it were to increase genetic diversity where Chloe would pick Eli.

Further, as much as I dislike the Chloe/Scott pairing, they just don't feel right too me, I do not see Scott cheating on Chloe. Despite his faults Scott is a decent guy, and he seems to be genuinely trying to not screw things up with Chloe.

Lastly, I do not think we will get to know who the mother of Eli's kids was. The way I see it, if the mother is not Chloe, or James or Wray or any other already established character, then there is no reason to tell us who she was.

Duneknight
April 24th, 2011, 04:26 PM
Personally I would love for Chloe to be the mother of Eli's kids, and given the need to create as much genetic diversity as possible I could see it happening. In my opinion Eli is the person Chloe is the closest too on Destiny, I would even say more so than Scott but I will put them on equal terms for the sake of avoiding argument.

Also, Chloe has told Eli that she knows how he feels about her and that she does not feel the same way. But this is not to say those feelings could change over time, it is my belief that is indeed what would have happened eventually, and I will always believe that regardless of any evidence to the contrary.

Now back on point, I think I may have wandered a bit. Given the close relationship between Chloe and Eli, I could see if they had to "double up" as it were to increase genetic diversity where Chloe would pick Eli.

Further, as much as I dislike the Chloe/Scott pairing, they just don't feel right too me, I do not see Scott cheating on Chloe. Despite his faults Scott is a decent guy, and he seems to be genuinely trying to not screw things up with Chloe.

Lastly, I do not think we will get to know who the mother of Eli's kids was. The way I see it, if the mother is not Chloe, or James or Wray or any other already established character, then there is no reason to tell us who she was.

what a bunch of eugenics fanatics we turned out to be. lets leave out the whole genes and all. we both agree its eli and chloe, but you actually think scott wont be cheating on Chloe? old habits die hard, and being on a colony planet is a lot different than on destiny, well maybe not maybe yes. But he could change back to his old ways or he could just die suddenly from a disease.

April 24th, 2011, 04:34 PM
What's is people's problem with Chloe, as far as we know she only hooked up with Matt on the ship. And for her leading on Eli, he never told her about his feelings the most Chloe did was befriend him, how does that turn into leading on?

And how does Matt cheating on James with Chloe turn into sleeping with everone on the ship?

I think love comparing this show to 90210 so much they are ignoring the facts.

Keeper
April 24th, 2011, 04:43 PM

grats on getting me to come out of lurkage :p

i have to wonder if you actually watched the pentagon episode - or the more recent episode where greer visits park in the infirmary. or if you're trolling, admittedly, but you could just be genuinely enthusiastic about these pairings.

greer and wray came to a point where they can accept/respect each other, but it's pretty clear that greer has no liking for people who are analytical of others. he accepts people as who and what they appear to be - not their deep-seated histories and emotions. if people choose to share that with him, i'd say he'd take it in his stride. wray would likely poke and prod too much, and i can't see him putting up with that. park, on the other hand, seems much like greer - quiet, thoughtful in their own ways, caring and devoted to looking out for their friends + team.

now, on issue of eli+chloe - in the early stages of the show, i'd had hopes of the same. but at this stage, despite how wrong scott+chloe seems to me, its there. its not going away. your enthusiasm is commendable, but it's pretty obvious that the decision has been made. also, at this stage eli has long since accepted he's not progressing beyond friendship with chloe, and living in relatively close quarters would force him into a position where he HAS to get over it. otherwise, he'd be mooning over her all the time and it could easily cause problems - his work, his friendship with scott, and his friendship with chloe would all suffer. scott doesn't have any emotional ties with any other woman on the ship - and does seem to be doing his best with chloe. the smurf incident made it clear he cares too much to just walk away from her, and i suspect that even if he had a moment of weakness and cheated with someone, they'd sit down and talk it out.

for the idea people are suggesting about essentially breeding a genetically diverse population - at least in the first generation, we can be pretty sure they didn't. eli states that "Some of us even have children" - an indication that - after 10 years - there's only some kids around, and more earth-style values are being taught for the moment, at least the western-style values that many of the crew seem to share - monogamy, family units. evidenced by only some kids, and the fact that housing seems individual, rather than communal - there's privacy allowed for everyone.

i don't think people are becoming 'eugenics fanatics' - but considering how 80-100 people became, in 2000 years, a population of millions it IS pushing believability a little for many.

Keeper
April 24th, 2011, 04:51 PM
What's is people's problem with Chloe, as far as we know she only hooked up with Matt on the ship. And for her leading on Eli, he never told her about his feelings the most Chloe did was befriend him, how does that turn into leading on?

And how does Matt cheating on James with Chloe turn into sleeping with everone on the ship?

I think love comparing this show to 90210 so much they are ignoring the facts.

personally, i have one problem with chloe: appalling writing. i don't see much in the character, and the first time she became useful, she was smurfed. the first time i was happy to see the character was in Time, when the alien things killed her. the actress is doing a fine job, but the character isn't written to have a real place anywhere. at least thats my take on him.

i wasn't aware matt cheated on james - all they seemed to have was a quickie in a storage closet. james thought thats what was going to happen chloe, at an early stage, but it doesn't seem to have. maybe there was more that was never shown, but thats what i read into that triangle. the writers shoved chloe and matt into a 'deep' relationship with not much apparent development, and so people may be reading that as grounds for him getting bored. and the other male on the ship that chloe is relatively close to is eli - so not a big stretch. not one i agree with at this stage, but i can see the pieces clicking for those who do think it.

slimbones
April 24th, 2011, 04:51 PM
i think its Chloe's kid but obviously they found some artificial way to inseminate her.

General Jumper One
April 24th, 2011, 05:00 PM

N.C

OK this isn't 90210. Cloe is not all that. Ginn was smoking hot and Cloe was just a tease. It's a safe bet that Eli pities her more than anything.

you guys are outta your mind i cant believe what im reading. Wray of all people? the uber sophisticated wray? she could be a mother figure to Eli, but not "come to mommy" kinda figure! thats messed up. Let me just say its Chloe once again and for everyone here to remember that i said so when the next episode airs and they show chloe having eli's baby, i say I told you so!

Chloe is WAY hotter then Ginn and I'm really hoping Chloe and Eli will get together but from what i've seen that seems very unlikely.

Duneknight
April 24th, 2011, 05:06 PM
personally, i have one problem with chloe: appalling writing. i don't see much in the character, and the first time she became useful, she was smurfed. the first time i was happy to see the character was in Time, when the alien things killed her. the actress is doing a fine job, but the character isn't written to have a real place anywhere. at least thats my take on him.

i wasn't aware matt cheated on james - all they seemed to have was a quickie in a storage closet. james thought thats what was going to happen chloe, at an early stage, but it doesn't seem to have. maybe there was more that was never shown, but thats what i read into that triangle. the writers shoved chloe and matt into a 'deep' relationship with not much apparent development, and so people may be reading that as grounds for him getting bored. and the other male on the ship that chloe is relatively close to is eli - so not a big stretch. not one i agree with at this stage, but i can see the pieces clicking for those who do think it.

thats what i think as well, chloe had potential to be a great character and the smurf thing totally blew it. As i said i just cant see eli developing a relationship with someone new offscreen and have kids with them. i was just kidding about the greer and wray thing. but i think greer and james are a better fit, cant really say way it just feels right to me.

tinerin
April 24th, 2011, 05:19 PM
As i said i just cant see eli developing a relationship with someone new offscreen and have kids with them.

What makes you think that he had to develop a relationship with someone before having kids with them?

Keeper
April 24th, 2011, 05:28 PM
thats what i think as well, chloe had potential to be a great character and the smurf thing totally blew it. As i said i just cant see eli developing a relationship with someone new offscreen and have kids with them. i was just kidding about the greer and wray thing. but i think greer and james are a better fit, cant really say way it just feels right to me.10 years is a long time though - especially if you're living and working with people. i'd place eli at around 23-25 on-screen - no idea if there's anything more solid than that on him. but by 35 years of age, he'll have changed a LOT.

in a community where everyone is pitching in to work together, he HAS to come in contact with the extras regularly - on the ship, he has a specific role, which tends toward high level applied mathematics/science, and which puts him in a more 'senior officer' loop than anything else.

planetside, though, he's got no practical use for all that knowledge - anything he does do MUST be mostly theoretical since they're essentially rebuilding human civilisation from the ground up. sure, he can apply his knowledge to things like crop rotations, architectural design, and suchlike - but there's people like volker and brody around as well. there are a few people to go to with those tasks, and they'd all be expected to contribute - like everyone else on the team. with multiple people able to work on mathematics, they can all take a turn at that, and a turn at actual labouring - be it farming, hunting, building, clearing land, whatever it is they need. with that in mind, he becomes less of the guy that solves almost as much as rush does, and more just another member of a pretty large team that needs rotas and work assignments. in such an environment, community spirit and co-operation can easily cause him to meet someone unexpected - unlike on destiny, where his work and friendships keep him in a fairly closed loop.

morrismike
April 24th, 2011, 07:23 PM
Chloe is WAY hotter then Ginn and I'm really hoping Chloe and Eli will get together but from what i've seen that seems very unlikely.

Cloe is young and plain. What else is going for her. Ginn was a full blown angel: brain, beauty, personality.

General Jumper One
April 24th, 2011, 08:13 PM
Cloe is young and plain. What else is going for her. Ginn was a full blown angel: brain, beauty, personality.

Is that why you don't spell Chloe's name right?

Ser Scot A Ellison
April 25th, 2011, 05:28 AM
Trinary,

Chloe? It worse than Wray. Since beginning Chloe has no feeling for Eli. That was very clear. Both will dissatisfied if they going to be together. While Wray, I think she don't mind a toy boy as substitute for her lesbianism need. Her motherly feeling show stronger than her sexual need. Eli seem comfortable enough around Wray.

Damn! you made me to say it. I hope no one get offended.

Upon what do you base the conclusion that Chloe has no "feeling" for Eli? Do you mean "romantic feeling" or "feeling" at all? Because it seems quite clear to me that Chloe has a strong "feeling" of friendship for Eli.

Trinary
April 25th, 2011, 07:02 AM
Upon what do you base the conclusion that Chloe has no "feeling" for Eli? Do you mean "romantic feeling" or "feeling" at all? Because it seems quite clear to me that Chloe has a strong "feeling" of friendship for Eli.

Off course a romantic feeling, because that all matters for the procreate attraction. From what I know about the science of procreation, female attracted to a male that most compatible with their gene.

April 25th, 2011, 07:21 AM
Off course a romantic feeling, because that all matters for the procreate attraction. From what I know about the science of procreation, female attracted to a male that most compatible with their gene.

When did you sequence Chloe and Eli's genes? :D.

SupremeLegate
April 25th, 2011, 02:55 PM

(Mumbles) There's an idea.

Uh...I'll..be right back.

;D

morrismike
April 25th, 2011, 03:36 PM
thats what i think as well, chloe had potential to be a great character and the smurf thing totally blew it. As i said i just cant see eli developing a relationship with someone new offscreen and have kids with them. i was just kidding about the greer and wray thing. but i think greer and james are a better fit, cant really say way it just feels right to me.
I think her character is better than ever now the smurf nonsense is over with. I doubt it would be Eli and Cloe but in the grand scheme of thing they are few better choices for the women.

Nth Chevron
April 25th, 2011, 05:05 PM
Depending on preferences their could me alot more.

N.C

Selkhet
April 26th, 2011, 05:56 AM
arf. I think it would have to be a nameless extra. I can't see him with any of the main cast!

I have to agree. If Eli did not hook up with James then some nameless extra. I just cannot see him and Wray being together.

Possibly Wray, but I think he looks at her almost like a mother figure, so I doubt it.
I'd say James.

I totally agree.

there was a couple of good-looking extras in previous background shots

I concur.

Possibly, but TPTB have too much time with Scott and Chloe for them not to be an item. I mean he flew her to the Blue aliens' mothership so he would not lose her. No they are an item for keeps.

For the rest of the crew:
Wray & Greer
Park & Dale Volker

James & (if not with Eli) Varro
-- there is a kino scene with them together in the alternate timeline that followed Col. Telford through the stargate.

General Jumper One
April 26th, 2011, 06:23 AM
Eli hooked up with Spoiler from Epilogue Corporal Barnes

garhkal
April 26th, 2011, 04:45 PM
That was to me a shocker!

Trinary
April 27th, 2011, 12:24 PM

I leave that to the scientists. They try to find what makes LOVE ticks and that's what they found when female attracted or have romantic feeling to a male. I can't remember what is the documentary title was. Appearance and smells is how the female recognized the genetic signature from the male.