Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Changes to Euromillions lottery will make it harder to win.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Changes to Euromillions lottery will make it harder to win.

In a few weeks those in Europe who can play the Euromillions lottery could see a few changes.

There are proposals to have 2 draws a week, instead of 1, and to increase the number of "Lucky Star" balls from 9 to 11.

Currently to win the jackpot you have to get 5 main balls from 50 (at odds of 1 in 2,118,760) and both the lucky stars (1 in 36). The odds of doing this is 1 in 76,275,360.

However, if the number of lucky star balls is increased to 11 then the odds are increased from 1 in 36 of getting both correct to 1 in 55. This doesn't sound like much of a difference, until you do the math. with the 2 extra balls the odds of winning the jackpot will be 1 in 116,531,800.

If the proposals are approved the game will cost twice as much to play fully and be a lot harder to win.

How do I get shares in the company?
    sigpic

Doesn't it all end up in public projects, the money people use to buy lottery tickets.

Comment

there's not a lottery out there that's not a 'get rich quick' scheme for the organizers

you literally stand a better chance of getting money by standing in front of an ATM and yelling at it, than you do winning the lotto, any lotto
      Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Skydiver View Post
        you literally stand a better chance of getting money by standing in front of an ATM and yelling at it, than you do winning the lotto, any lotto
        I believe the traditional comparison is versus getting struck by lightning, but point well made just the same
        "A society grows great when old men plant trees, the shade of which they know they will never sit in. Good people do things for other people. That's it, the end." -- Penelope Wilton in Ricky Gervais's After Life

Comment

Not the one dollar scratch offs. Their payout usually makes you even, me and few of my friends tried it 4 times. $100 worth of dollar scratch-offs, came out with 132 in the end. Crazy.

Comment

Working...
          X