PDA

View Full Version : Favourite Moments/Quotes ~ Spoilers for all aired episodes, future spoilers tagged.

MattSilver 3k
April 18th, 2011, 08:27 AM
~ The Official Game of Thrones Favourite Moments/Quotes Thread. ~

Basic Rundown: After every episode, we come in and note our favourite moments and/or quotes in the episode or the ones that came before, we all play nice about other's opinions, have a good laugh and a lot of fun, and abide by at least one simple rule: spoilers for the books, and consequently, future episodes of this lovely show, are to be tagged in spoiler tags, if discussion ever veers that way, okay? Let's not cause any incidents or anything. Not everyone here's read the books, so do remember that.

So yeah, without further ado... I'll list off a few, and everyone else can chip in afterwards. Let's do it:

1x01: Winter Is Coming:
- For me, there are two establishing character moments that became instant faves: little Arya coming out nowhere and nailing a bullseye on the target Bran couldn't hit, and Tyrion's incident in the whorehouse. What fun from both of them - promising characters.

- Jaime Lannister (About King Robert): "He can go back to ****ing boars and hunting whores... Or was it the other way around?"

- Dany: "Sir Jorah, I don't know how to say thank you in Dothraki."
Jorah: "My lady, there is no word for thank you in Dothraki."

- Tyrion's conversation with Jon about being *******s.

- Viserys: "Is it true they lie with their horses?"
Magister Guy: "I would not ask Khal Drogo that."

- Arya nailing her sister in the side of the face with food, followed by Robb having to take her from the hall. Was it just me, or did the dining crowd let out a disappointed "awww!" as she got taken away?

Everyone else, take it away.

Ukko
April 18th, 2011, 08:36 AM
Arya's asking "where's the imp?"

The Mighty 6 platoon
April 18th, 2011, 08:51 AM
- Arya nailing her sister in the side of the face with food, followed by Robb having to take her from the hall. Was it just me, or did the dining crowd let out a disappointed "awww!" as she got taken away?

Yup I heard an audible awww as well. :D

As for me, my favourite moments, apart from the whole thing and the ones mentioned;),
would include

"The Things I do for Love..." Damn I knew that moment was coming but it was still shocking.

Loved the crypt scene between Robert and Eddard, I really felt that was where Mark Addy nailed his character.

And finally despite all this brilliant writing and character drama, the sick puppy in me really enjoyed watching someone's guts fall out. Followed by " “A Dothraki wedding without at least three deaths is considered a very dull affair". I loled. :P

VampyreWraith
April 18th, 2011, 09:00 AM
A few of my favorite moments were already mentioned, but some that weren't are...

-That opening scene beyond the wall with the white walker and the dead people in the camp. It was kind of creepy. I like creepy.

-finding the direwolf puppies.

- Ned and Catelyn talking by the lake in that autumn forest setting. I just thought it was a really pretty setting. :)

- Jamie talking to Tyrion while he was with the whore and telling him that Ceriesi wants him to be at dinner later, and to not leave him alone with those people.

Selene1212
April 18th, 2011, 10:16 AM
- Ned and Catelyn talking by the lake in that autumn forest setting. I just thought it was a really pretty setting.Yes!! I would love to have that in HD as a desktop for my pc.

magictrick
April 18th, 2011, 10:40 AM
Yes!! I would love to have that in HD as a desktop for my pc.

I really liked the scenery. The background landscapes have been great so far.

Lahela
April 18th, 2011, 10:44 AM
Winterfell looks stunning, too. Just like I'd pictured it. :)

My favourite moment... well, not my "favourite" but the one that struck me most, was when Jaime pushed Bran off the windowsill. Made my heart jump, even though I was waiting for it.

And Drogo taking Dany... I really felt for her. It was so well played.

Falcon Horus
April 18th, 2011, 02:12 PM
A lot has been mentioned but my absolute favorite moment (apart from Arya hitting the bullseye - that was just cheeky) was the opening sequence. The building of the map - awesome animation.

Also, one other thing - a very cute moment actually that made me giggle - when Bran's wolf is waiting for him to come down when Cat finds him coming down. The way that puppie is watching Bran with his big ears, adorably cute.

VampyreWraith
April 18th, 2011, 02:21 PM
A lot has been mentioned but my absolute favorite moment (apart from Arya hitting the bullseye - that was just cheeky) was the opening sequence. The building of the map - awesome animation.

Also, one other thing - a very cute moment actually that made me giggle - when Bran's wolf is waiting for him to come down when Cat finds him coming down. The way that puppie is watching Bran with his big ears, adorably cute.

That big eared puppy was the cutest thing ever. :D

_WraithQueen_
April 18th, 2011, 02:23 PM
The puppies in general were awesome, I didn't pay attention to anything else when they were on screen. Definitely my favourite characters :D

Cold Fuzz
April 19th, 2011, 10:36 PM
My favorite moments:

*Jon & Benjen's conversation. I'm looking forward to seeing how Jon's time in the Watch is rendered on screen. That entire subplot was my favorite in the book.

*Tyrion: If I get through this without squirting from one end or the other, it'll be a miracle.

*Magister: A Dothraki wedding without at least three deaths is considered a very dull affair.

*Drogo repeatedly saying "no" to Daenerys, with each moment making her feel more and more helpless. Totally nailed that moment.

*Viserys: I piss on Dothraki omens. :lol:

*The entire opening sequence. It did exactly what it was supposed to: elicit lots of interest with the opening action with the Others north of the Wall to draw the viewer in and then blow them away with the fantastic opening credits. I love image of the machinery, a very apt visual metaphor for the intrigue and political machinations going on behind the walls of each location.

*The direwolf pups. I don't usually associate the word "cute" with wolves. I usually picture them with their faces stained with blood and a pack taking down elk, but in this case, "cute" does apply. I wonder whether they used Siberian Huskies or Alaskan Malamutes for the pups?

Edit: I almost forgot to add that I'm really glad Tim Van Patten was the director for this episode. He directed some of the best episodes from another excellent HBO series--The Pacific. :D

The Mighty 6 platoon
April 20th, 2011, 03:36 AM
Edit: I almost forgot to add that I'm really glad Tim Van Patten was the director for this episode. He directed some of the best episodes from another excellent HBO series--The Pacific. :D

Tim Van Pattern is a great director, and HBO stalwart, having directed episodes of the Sopranos, Deadwood, The Pacific and Boardwalk Empire. Generally if he's on board a show is good. Hope eventually he gets a chance to direct movies, because he's damn good.

Cold Fuzz
April 21st, 2011, 04:03 AM
Tim Van Pattern is a great director, and HBO stalwart, having directed episodes of the Sopranos, Deadwood, The Pacific and Boardwalk Empire. Generally if he's on board a show is good. Hope eventually he gets a chance to direct movies, because he's damn good.

Parts 7 & 9 on The Pacific were the darkest and the best episodes of the series in my opinion. Not surprisingly, Van Patten directed those two episodes. :D

MattSilver 3k
April 24th, 2011, 10:15 PM
New episode aired, and since it has been, we can list off favourite moments/quotes and stuff in this thread without tags. But, of course, any future spoilers, book or not, go in tags under cruel and unusual punishment of having bacon taste like soap for the rest of your lives. Be warned!

Anyway, here's a few before I go do my rewatch:

- Arya's "Stick 'em with the pointy end." What a peach.

- The attempted assassination scene - Catelyn was badass enough, but Bran's direwolf was epicly epic. I mean, wow. You maul that dude.

- Tyrion slapping our least favourite prince. Three times.

- Arya's death glare at Joffey as they discussed killing the direwolves. Man I hope she sticks him with the pointy end.

Cold Fuzz
April 25th, 2011, 12:30 AM
A powerfully symbolic moment that I really liked: Ned and Jon were at the crossroads and Ned said that when they next meet, they'll talk about his mother. Ned rides south... and Jon to the north. An excellent parting of the ways.

- The attempted assassination scene - Catelyn was badass enough, but Bran's direwolf was epicly epic. I mean, wow. You maul that dude.

Bran's direwolf fighting for Catelyn and Bran and going right for the neck of that assassin and the copious amount of blood... now that's a real direwolf for you. :D I was glad to see a proper mauling and I got one and a half with this episode. :lol:

- Tyrion slapping our least favourite prince. Three times.

Satisfying moment there, and then Nymeria later taking a chunk out of Joffrey. God I loved it. :D

MattSilver 3k
April 25th, 2011, 12:45 AM
Lol, as I said to myself after seeing the maulings, "Quick! Alert Fuzz of this epicness!"

Cold Fuzz
April 25th, 2011, 12:54 AM
I was actually glad they didn't spare the blood on the maulings or the assassin's attack. I've read accounts of women being attacked with knives and having to hold the blade to keep themselves alive. That is wickedly painful and they captured the visceral brutality of it incredibly well in that scene. Being able to fight off someone with a knife that's seriously cutting her hands in that situation long enough for the direwolf to finish him off speaks much about Catelyn's inherent strength of will.

Edit: Seeing the blood gush from the guy's neck after the mauling was a pleasure to behold. :P

Ukko
April 25th, 2011, 06:06 AM
Tyrion slapping Joffrey!!

Ayra and Jon.
Arya. "Gloves"
Jon. "Impressive"
Arya. " Shut up"

Arya. "Its so skinny"
Jon. "So are you"

The Wolf attacking Joffrey and Arya throwing his sword away.

The king to Joffrey. "You let this little girl dissarm you" :p

gotthammer
April 26th, 2011, 04:21 AM
Yup I heard an audible awww as well. :D

"The Things I do for Love..." Damn I knew that moment was coming but it was still shocking.

That scene was perfect, IMHO. I think I actually clapped when I first saw it. :lol:

Andron
April 26th, 2011, 01:28 PM
Here's a great YouTube video that formally celebrates the slaps Joffrey receives from Tyrion. :D Could watch it all day... :)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rxLOXUGmRKI

The Mighty 6 platoon
April 26th, 2011, 06:36 PM
Many great moments in ep 2, but one little quote sticks in my mind.

Tyrion : ah, time for breakfast! :P

Cold Fuzz
April 26th, 2011, 08:17 PM
After a little digging, it looks as though the producers decided on using Northern Inuit Dogs (http://www.google.com/search?tbm=isch&hl=en&source=hp&biw=1672&bih=805&q=Northern+Inuit+Dog&gbv=2&aq=f&aqi=g3&aql=&oq=) to stand in for the direwolf pups. Beautiful dogs really, and they strikingly resemble the wolf phenotype without having the temperament issues you sometimes get with using a wolfdog.

Here's a great YouTube video that formally celebrates the slaps Joffrey receives from Tyrion. :D Could watch it all day... :)

:lol: Goodness I love that video! :D

Many great moments in ep 2, but one little quote sticks in my mind.

Tyrion : ah, time for breakfast! :P

I liked virtually all of Tyrion's lines in "The Kingsroad" but giving Jon a little dose of reality with the wetnurse's fairytales line really stuck out to me.

dragongirl
April 27th, 2011, 11:12 AM

:lol: OMG That was great and defiantly the best scenes of the ep

Egle01
April 30th, 2011, 04:21 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rxLOXUGmRKI:lol: Could watch it all day, indeed.

MattSilver 3k
May 1st, 2011, 09:57 PM
Lord Snow's aired now, so feel free to go on about this awesome episode's awesome moments...

- Everything Jamie. I'm truly starting to like that guy despite his evilness. To mangle a quote of his, "Tell me, if I stabbed the Mad King in the belly instead of the back, would you admire me more?"

- The conversation between Jorah and the Dothraki guy about swords and stuff.

- Of course, the last five minutes with Arya and Syrio, with Ned watching. Very neat scene that quickly turned into something sombre with Ned imaging a big battle in his mind.

- Oh, and Tyrion got to piss off The Wall (Which looked stunning, by the by).

Cold Fuzz
May 2nd, 2011, 12:50 AM
I loved every scene with Jon and Tyrion, especially since that whole subplot was my favorite in the book. :D Benjen's line to Tyrion about words coming before "but" not counting was great.

Tyrion may be a Lannister but he's got his own interesting code of honor that's very... Stark-like.

Arya's "dance lesson" was fantastic.

Ukko
May 2nd, 2011, 03:29 AM
The story about winter and the walkers told to Bran was cool.

Everything with Tyrion. Pissing off the wall! :D

The Khalisi is comming along nicely.

Arya's dance lesson. "Tommorow, you will catch it" :D
"Im a girl"
"Girl, boy, you are a sword" ;p

MattSilver 3k
May 2nd, 2011, 05:05 AM
Ned: "War was easier than daughters." :D :D :D

Jamie: "I think I can outfox a ten-year old."
and Jamie: "I'll go to war... They can write a ballard: The War For Cersei's ****."

The Mighty 6 platoon
May 2nd, 2011, 10:32 AM
and Jamie: "I'll go to war... They can write a ballard: The War For Cersei's ****."

Exactly what I was going to post, :P Vulgar but it made me chuckle.

And I loved the scene with Ned stranglng Little Finger, then Catelyn's face appears over the wall. :D

Falcon Horus
May 8th, 2011, 02:32 PM
And I loved the scene with Ned stranglng Little Finger, then Catelyn's face appears over the wall. :D

What he said... plus Arya's dance lesson and Ned watching them, all proud.

Snow beating up the other trainees of the Night's Watch. Sad little bunch... :p

The Imp peeing over the wall... :p

And Ned saying goodbye to Cat - that was such a beautiful emotional moment. Very well done by both actors.

MattSilver 3k
May 8th, 2011, 11:55 PM
Now, with the airing of my favourite-titled episode Cripples, Bastards and Broken Things, more favourite moments and stuff! I approve.

- Gregor's scary awesome little jousting moment. Yeesh. The story of the Hound and the Mountain that followed was a favourite out of sheer nastiness.

- Same with Thorne's tale of the stay beyond the wall.

- Cat getting Tyrion by the balls. Holy ****.

And special mention to Dany for finally hitting back. You go girl.

EDIT: And Ghost. Ye Gods. Ghost. Bear your fangs away from me, please?

The Mighty 6 platoon
May 9th, 2011, 05:09 AM
“I'VE BEEN SITTING HERE FOR DAYS. START THE DAMN JOUST BEFORE I PISS MYSELF” :p

Sorry I just thought that was the best line of the ep :D But to be honest this was my favourite ep so far, crammed full of awesomeness. Sam was funny as hell, liked the training scenes, the Joust was epic, there was gore, Ghost and Alliser Thorne being an arsehole. And I must say the actor who plays him does it very well and was clearly enjoying the role.

“Come the Winter you will die, like flies”

MattSilver 3k
May 9th, 2011, 05:22 AM
Samwell: "So you didn't know where to stick it?"

Ha.

The Mighty 6 platoon
May 9th, 2011, 05:27 AM
Samwell: "So you didn't know where to stick it?"

Ha.

Samwell was funny as hell, and John Bradley-West is brilliant.

MattSilver 3k
May 9th, 2011, 05:37 AM
He seriously reminded me of Nick Frost, with his size and inflection. It was weird at first.

The Mighty 6 platoon
May 9th, 2011, 05:41 AM
He seriously reminded me of Nick Frost, with his size and inflection. It was weird at first.

Hmm, Nick Frost is more West Country, so that would make Bradley-West a sort of Northern Nick Frost. :P He's certainly very good with the comedy.

Ukko
May 9th, 2011, 11:55 AM
"You've released the dragon".......Whack!! :D

Cold Fuzz
May 10th, 2011, 05:53 PM
My favorite moments:

Jon at the Wall. Good moments for him, especially wanting to protect Sam.
Tyrion. Peter Dinklage continues to impress, especially at the scene where he's presenting his gift for Bran to the Starks at Winterfell.
Ned: When the day comes when that boy wants to wield a sword rather than forge one, you bring him to me.
Thorne. Yeah he's being an ass but there's also the heavy reality of experience behind his words.
King Robert: Enough with the bloody pomp! Have at it! :D I just wish the tournament were longer. I like that we got a wee bit of gore but I wanted to see more of the tourney and I think others here will agree with me.
Arya being Arya. :D
Ghost, with his icy white coat, fiery eyes and vicious teeth. Now to me THAT'S a ****ing wolf, not the cute and cuddly nonsense. :P Loved it!
Daenerys putting her brother in his place and then Ser Jorah saying that Raeghar was the Last Dragon while Viserys was a "less than a shadow of a snake." :lol:
Cat having each knight in the inn stand up. Absolutely badass. :eek:

Cold Fuzz
May 10th, 2011, 10:10 PM
http://img651.imageshack.us/img651/9082/ghostif.jpg

Magnificent beastie. :D

The Mighty 6 platoon
May 11th, 2011, 12:49 AM
http://img651.imageshack.us/img651/9082/ghostif.jpg

Magnificent beastie. :D

Yup, one fine wolf. Just when I was thinking, "hmm this epo needs more direwolves" lo and behold we get full on adult Ghost. :D

Cold Fuzz
May 11th, 2011, 02:38 AM
Yup, one fine wolf. Just when I was thinking, "hmm this epo needs more direwolves" lo and behold we get full on adult Ghost. :D

I also liked that Robb's direwolf was conspicuously sitting by his feet in the main hall when Tyrion visited. Regally appropriate for a lord of Winterfell.

MattSilver 3k
May 15th, 2011, 08:49 PM
The newest episode's thread isn't open yet, but I'll vent here for now: OH MY GOD OH MY GOD OH MY GOD OH MY GOD OH MY GOD.

Wow. Just... Wow.

Cold Fuzz
May 15th, 2011, 10:48 PM
There's an encore broadcast on in about 15 minutes so I'll probably have more to list after this post but so far here's my favorite moments:

The opening with the tourney, especially the Hound & the Mountain facing off
Bran and the Maester talking about the various houses
Theon and Ros
The shots of the Eyrie. My God that fortress is impressive.
Tyrion fighting, scoring his first confirmed kill, and the scene afterwards--especially, looking at Catelyn and saying, "If she's willing, I am." :lol:
Catelyn starting to realize that her sister is quite cuckoo... and that Tyrion may perhaps be innocent yet.
Arya being mistaken for a boy no less than 2 times! :lol:
The intrigue in the dungeons, and seeing the dragon's head.
The council meeting with Ned leaving and not buying the ends justifies the means party line. Yeah, it might have been on the Seven Kingdoms' militaries tactically speaking but his honor demands that he take a stand against something he knows to be wrong. Brilliant scene.
Renly and Loras. Yes, it was an unusual scene, but it worked. About Renly: I don't remember anything written in the book about him being gay. Guess a re-read is in order after this season. If him being gay is unique to the series, I think it works and it definitely adds another layer of intrigue to the plot.
Robert and Cersei being incredibly frank about the problems in their marriage.
The action sequence at the end between Jaime, Ned, and Jorey at the end. OMG. :eek:

MattSilver 3k
May 15th, 2011, 10:54 PM
My favourite line:
"They say the Eyrie is impregnable."
"Give me ten of my best men and some climbing spikes; I'll impregnate the *****."

Also: Arya's little speech to the guards to let her in, Tyrion's awesomeness, the Hound Vs The Mountain, Ned Vs Jamie, Jamie punching out the guy who stabbed Ned... EVERYTHING ELSE. :D

Cold Fuzz
May 15th, 2011, 10:57 PM
My favourite line:
"Give me ten of my best men and some climbing spikes; I'll impregnate the *****."

I totally lol'd at that line. :lol: I also liked how they included the Eyrie in the opening sequence. Re-watch on 4 minuntes bro. I'm on it! :D

Cold Fuzz
May 16th, 2011, 01:47 AM
I just finished the encore broadcast of "The Wolf and the Lion." A re-watch didn't dim the bristling energy in this episode. :D

Robert being too fat to fit in his armor. It definitely hearkens all the way back to "Winter is Coming" when Ned asks Catelyn, "How did he get so fat?" :P
Ser Jorah playing both sides against the middle. I remember from the book that there was talk from Varys or some other lord about where his true loyalties are. The way Iain Glen's performance has been so far, I would never have known what's really afoot unless Varys told the council that Jorah had been sending them information.
The design of the Eyrie. I really like that the dungeons aren't walled but are on the edge of a daunting fall. Summary executions there would be cleaner and unless the prisoner can fly, death is certain.
Baelish & Varys facing off in their little duel of intrigues. So just who is this necrophiliac lord? :P
I mentioned this before but it's worthy of another mention: The dragon skull. I want more. :D
The costumes continue to impress me, especially at the tourney.
The House Baratheon motto: "Ours is the fury." Though I will always love the direwolf emblem of House Stark, "Ours is the fury" is damn badass. :D

The Mighty 6 platoon
May 16th, 2011, 03:15 AM
"I'm going to open your Lord from balls to brains and see what Starks are made of"

Just epic. Damn there was so much to love in this ep. The end fight was incredible, poor Jory. The Mountain that Rides was great and they really sold just how unhinged Lysa was. Oh and Bronn (the Merc that Tyrion was getting friendly with) was really well played, loved the funny little comments between him and Tyrion.

So much to love in this ep.

MattSilver 3k
May 16th, 2011, 05:17 AM
Cersei to Robert: "I'm sorry your marriage to Ned Stark didn't work out."

She knows how to set a scene. :D

Also...
- Arya's "I'm a girl" to Yoren bears repeating, if only for the exasperated way Maisie delivered it.
- The Hound ducking when Robert demanded it, dodging his brother's finishing blow as he did. Classic.
- Littlefinger: "You **** enough women and they'll eventually bring you presents."

Man I love this show.

The Mighty 6 platoon
May 16th, 2011, 05:38 AM

Hey don't forgot Tyrion saying "I like you" after Bronn's comment about impregnating the Eyrie. :D

It's a tossup between this and the "balls to brains" line from Jaime for imo what was the greatest dialogue in this ep.

MattSilver 3k
May 16th, 2011, 05:42 AM
Hey don't forgot Tyrion saying "I like you" after Bronn's comment about impregnating the Eyrie. :D

It's a tossup between this and the "balls to brains" line from Jaime for imo what was the greatest dialogue in this ep.

Lol yeah. Tyrion seems to make a habit of becoming buddies with scummy-looking guys - like Yoren and now Bronn. Must be his nature.

I think I'll give the best line to Tyrion, but the best moment (Him punching out the guy who stabbed Ned) to Jaime.

Cold Fuzz
May 16th, 2011, 05:56 AM
Lol yeah. Tyrion seems to make a habit of becoming buddies with scummy-looking guys - like Yoren and now Bronn. Must be his nature.

Tyrion seems to like those who are the odd men out, as well as people who aren't afraid to speak their minds, especially about his favorite subjects--like sex. :P

Lahela
May 16th, 2011, 01:04 PM
"Whores rarely sink." :D

Ukko
May 17th, 2011, 12:22 PM
Tyrion.
"Im game if she is" :D or something like that:p

MattSilver 3k
May 22nd, 2011, 09:18 PM
Now, for those who don't know, both episode six and episode seven came out today - episode seven exclusively for HBO-GO viewers. Now, since that's not everybody here, I'm asking that any favourite moments for episode seven, and any discussion, kept in tags until the rest of the world catches up next week. Is that fair, or...?

Anyway, for episode six... Where to begin? I'll list only a few so everyone else can fill in the blanks.

- Arya and Ned both struggling to keep a straight face as Sansa went on about Joffrey. Like father, like daughter.

- Tyrion's confession. "I still remember her tits bouncing..."

- Bronn Vs Ser Vardas. "You did not fight honourably." "He did."

- The Golden Crown. Ahahaha. Ha. Haahahahaha. Ohmygod.

Cold Fuzz
May 23rd, 2011, 01:40 AM
My favorite moments this week each featured a character getting pissed off or otherwise being irreverent about something. :P

Robert: "You were the brother I chose." This really shows how much he considers Ned to be like his family. If Rhaegar Targaryen hadn't kidnapped Ned's sister Lyanna and did gods know what to her, they would've been brothers. Though such loyalty is admirable, Robert does have two brothers and failing to love them has created certain problems that Robert is only peripherally aware of.

Renly standing up to Robert. I'm starting to respect Renly more than Robert to be honest. For one thing, he ain't a drunk and he's much more level-headed than his brother. I don't remember Renly being this good in the book but I'm glad the producers went with this route. Though I find Robert amiable much of the time, he was being a real **** when they went hunting and I'm glad Renly had the guts to stand up to him even though he's the king. Renly was of course absolutely right about calling Robert out with his "back in the old days" false romanticism foolishness. Renly has been paying more attention to what's actually happening than Robert is.

Ser Barristan. While Renly is chewing out Robert about the "making the eight" comments, Ser Barristan looks at Robert in a very interesting way. He gives Robert this same piercing look when Robert starts chugging more wine. This is a look of a knight making a judgement about his king, and finding him wanting. I think this is an important moment for Ser Barristan and what he thinks of the kings of Westeros in general.

Tyrion. My God he's a big highlight in this series. If Peter Dinklage doesn't get at least an Emmy for his performance, I'll be surprised. His lurid open confessional to the court at the Eyrie had me literally laughing and applauding, especially when he mentioned skinning the sausage. :lol: But what really impressed me was when he handed his gold to Mord and fulfilled the Lannister truism: "A Lannister always pays his debts." Whatever Catelyn, Lysa, Rodrik, and everybody else at the Eyrie think about Tyrion and the Lannisters in general, Tyrion has a code that he sincerely honors. That says loads about his character. There's also the fact that Tyrion is, in truth, innocent of everything he is accused of. Though Jaime and Cersei were responsible for Bran's fall, someone else was responsible for the assassination attempt with the dagger. And as for Jon Arryn's death, two VERY unlikely conspirators, not Tyrion, were responsible for that mess.

Bronn. He championed Tyrion with a literally shrug and then won the match with a similar shrug. Bronn had plenty of energy while he made Ser Vardis tire himself out with all his heavy armor and his shield while he controlled the tempo of the fight by making Vardis come to him. He outfought his opponent with guile and intelligence. I'm not quite sure what everybody at the Eyrie considered dishonorable about his fighting tactics.

Syrio. He had one of the best lines in the entire series to date: "There is no god but Death. There is only one thing we say to Death. 'Not today'." Awesomeness. :D

Daenerys. Multiple layers of awesomeness. She is a true dragon of course, being unharmed by very hot dragon eggs or by heat in general. That and she endured eating a freakin' raw heart of a horse or whatever it is she ate and then some. She is every thing her brother can't be. :D

Drogo and Viserys' fate. I knew what was coming from the book so actually seeing it was a delight. :lol: I also loved that Dany was emotionless at his demise, dismissing him as not being a true dragon.

MattSilver 3k
May 23rd, 2011, 02:49 AM
Some Viserys lines, in memoriam. Lawl.

Viserys: "She has to eat the whole heart?"
Mormont: "Yes."
Viserys: "Hope it's not from my horse."

Viserys (Taking the dragon eggs): "One will pay for a ship, and two will pay for a ship and an army."
Mormont: "So you're taking all three."
Viserys: "I need a big army."

Cold Fuzz
May 23rd, 2011, 03:18 AM
Some Viserys lines, in memoriam. Lawl.

Viserys: "She has to eat the whole heart?"
Mormont: "Yes."
Viserys: "Hope it's not from my horse."

Viserys (Taking the dragon eggs): "One will pay for a ship, and two will pay for a ship and an army."
Mormont: "So you're taking all three."
Viserys: "I need a big army."

RIP Viserys, the Dragon the "shadow of a snake" (to quote Mormont). :P

The Mighty 6 platoon
May 23rd, 2011, 04:39 AM
Damn the crowning was horrible, in a good way. I'm, hardened to blood and violence in my shows and films, but damn that made me wince.

And the rest of the ep was full of win. I think, judging by the amount I laughed this must have been the comedy ep. I wanted to carry on listening to Tyrion's stories, as did Robin I think. :P

MattSilver 3k
May 23rd, 2011, 06:56 AM
I decided to list off my favourite scene in every episode... It was hard to just choose one.

Winter Is Coming: Probably just the introduction of the Stark's family - Bran the wannabe archer, Robb and Jon trying to be encouraging, Jon getting the stinkeye from Cat, Sansa doing great needlework, Ned being fatherly and awesome, and, of course, Arya coming out of nowhere and beating Bran to the target. Awe-some.

The Kingsroad: A very tough one, and it has been a few weeks now, but I might name my favourite as the one early on between Tyrion, Jaime and Cersei in the dining hall - Jaime was awesome, Tyrion was awesome, Cersei was understandably worried... and the scene just came off of Tyrion's pimp-slapping of Joffrey, so always fun!

Lord Snow: The ending scene, with Arya's dancing lesson with everyone's favourite SYRIO FOREL, but going out on a bitter note with Ned having a flashback to the days of war.

Cripples, Bastards and Broken Things: Another very, very, hard one to choose from, but... Yeah, I'll go with Jon and Sam's bonding in the dining hall, which gets interrupted by a very scary story from Throne.

The Wolf and Lion: I'm torn on two, I really am. It's either the battle at the end or the Robert/Cersei scene, so... Tie. I have to call it a tie.

A Golden Crown: Bronn Vs Ser Vardis. The shocked cries in the attending audience as Bronn prepares to take his final strike, Robin's "Is it over?", and Tyrion's awesomeness... Just great fun. "You do not fight with honour." "No. But he did."

dragongirl
May 23rd, 2011, 07:46 AM
Loved Tyrion Lannister confessing every wrong he has ever done :lol:

Sansa saying she "I don't want someone 'brave, kind and strong' I want him [Joffery] :lol:

and of course the death of Viserys.

The Mighty 6 platoon
May 23rd, 2011, 08:10 AM
and of course the death of Viserys.

"A crown for a king" :P

dragongirl
May 23rd, 2011, 08:55 AM
"A crown for a king" :P

It was the perfect crown for him ;)

The Mighty 6 platoon
May 23rd, 2011, 09:10 AM
It was the perfect crown for him ;)

And what wonderful last words he had.
"aaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh" :D

Poor bugger, he was a deluded idiot, but I just couldn't help to feel sorry for him.

Most violent death of the series so far I think.

dragongirl
May 23rd, 2011, 11:14 AM
And what wonderful last words he had.
"aaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh" :D

Poor bugger, he was a deluded idiot, but I just couldn't help to feel sorry for him.

Most violent death of the series so far I think.

Yeah it would be frustrating to have someone say they will do something and yet they wont hold up their end of the deal, plus people liked his sister more than him which is not good for a would be king.

Defiantly the the most imaginative death too.

Drogo kneeling down to look in the eyes of Viserys as he died. *shiver*

Ukko
May 23rd, 2011, 12:02 PM
Black of hair, black of hair, black of hair....gold of hair.:D

Ukko
May 24th, 2011, 06:44 AM
Ep 7 spoiler.

"And now to my son, the stallion who will mount the world, i will also pledge a gift. I will give him the iron chair that his mother's father sat upon. I will give him seven kingdoms. I, Drogo, will do this. I will take my Khalasar west to where the world ends and ride wooden horses across the black salt water as no Khal has done before. I will kill the men in the iron suits and tear down their stone houses! I will rape their women, take their children as slaves, and bring their broken gods back to Vaes Dothrak! This, i vow, I Drogo, son of Bharbo. I swear before the mother of mountains as the stars look down in witness. As the stars look down in witness!

:D

MattSilver 3k
May 24th, 2011, 07:04 AM
Ep 7 spoiler.

"And now to my son, the stallion who will mount the world, i will also pledge a gift. I will give him the iron chair that his mother's father sat upon. I will give him seven kingdoms. I, Drogo, will do this. I will take my Khalasar west to where the world ends and ride wooden horses across the black salt water as no Khal has done before. I will kill the men in the iron suits and tear down their stone houses! I will rape their women, take their children as slaves, and bring their broken gods back to Vaes Dothrak! This, i vow, I Drogo, son of Bharbo. I swear before the mother of mountains as the stars look down in witness. As the stars look down in witness!

Ha.

Episode Seven:

"You really shouldn't have trusted me." Littlefinger you card you! Curse your inevitable, yet shocking, betrayal!

The Mighty 6 platoon
May 24th, 2011, 07:53 AM
"Where do I begin, my lords and ladies? I am a vile man, I confess it. My crimes and sins are beyond counting. I have lied and cheated, gambled and whored. I'm not particularly good at violence, but I'm good at convincing others to do violence for me. You want specifics, I suppose. When I was seven, I saw a servant girl bathing in the river. I stole her robe and she was forced to return to the castle naked and in tears. When I close my eyes, I can still see her tits bouncing. When I was 10, I stuffed my uncle's boots with goat sh*t. When confronted with my crime, I blamed a squire. Poor boy was flogged, and I escaped justice. When I was 12 I milked my eel into a pot of turtle stew. I flogged the one-eyed snake, I skinned my sausage. I made the bald men cry into the turtle stew, which I do believe my sister ate. At least I hope she did. I once brought a jackass and a honeycomb into a brothel...."

dragongirl
May 24th, 2011, 08:06 AM
:lol: loved that part so much I had to pause the ep because I was laughing so much I couldn't hear what was happening. (same with Sansa insulting Joffery without realizing it, loved that Araya and Ned got it)

Shylodog
May 25th, 2011, 08:31 AM
Ha.

Episode Seven:

"You really shouldn't have trusted me." Littlefinger you card you! Curse your inevitable, yet shocking, betrayal!

And with the ending of this episode (that scene in particular) as well as the long wait now for Episode 8, I decided to download the four book package from iTunes. $36.00 and some change (ouch), but I've been riveted to it ever since. Granted I did jump ahead a bit (after reading the first 5 or 6 chapters) to where the end of Ep 7 was. I don't feel like I've missed anything and I think that says a LOT about the show.

(same with Sansa insulting Joffery without realizing it, loved that Araya and Ned got it)

This was my favorite part. The delusional princess wannabe blind to the insults she had just made. At that moment, you have to wonder if Ned was pondering that his wife had a trist with the milkman. Surely no child of his loins could be so... um... what's the word I'm looking for here?

Cold Fuzz
May 30th, 2011, 12:00 AM
Very interesting moments in "You Win or Die." My favorites thus far:

The marketplace with Daenerys and company, especially Rakharo snagging that weasel of a wine merchant with his whip.

Commander Mormont's speech about becoming one house.

Grenn being named to the rangers and Jon's reaction when they hear this. :D

That very sobering oath in front of the weirwood tree.

Maester Aemon: "Make no comment about his nose." :lol:

Sam: "I always wanted to be a wizard." :weiranime33::lol:

Pyp: "Who tells strangers that a high lord tried to grab my cock?" :lol:

Robert's change of heart with Daenerys' fate.

The various reactions to Robert's death, including Joffrey and Renly being sincerely grieved.

The continuing foreshadowing with the coming night. I am greatly reminded of the intense and ominous build-up of the Shadow War on Babylon 5, which later proved to be apocalyptic.

Littlefinger delivering the coup de grace.

MattSilver 3k
May 30th, 2011, 12:17 AM
New episode, new moments! Yay moments! A big shame that we had no Tyrion or Arya this week - a really big shame - but at least we got Jaime!

For one scene. Which I loved. Because Tywin is a boss, and he managed to make the Kingslayer look like a child. Epic. Felt sorry for Jaime again. STOP DOING THIS TO ME SHOW.

Also, felt sorry for Cersei in her first scene with Ned. Got the vibe that she was kinda wondering what life would be like with Ned Stark instead of Robert... A very awesome scene.

Sam: "I always wanted to be a wizard."

And, no doubt my favourite: "I did warn you not to trust me." Littlefinger! Oh you.

Cold Fuzz
May 30th, 2011, 01:00 AM
New episode, new moments! Yay moments! A big shame that we had no Tyrion or Arya this week - a really big shame - but at least we got Jaime!

For one scene. Which I loved. Because Tywin is a boss, and he managed to make the Kingslayer look like a child. Epic. Felt sorry for Jaime again. STOP DOING THIS TO ME SHOW.

Also, felt sorry for Cersei in her first scene with Ned. Got the vibe that she was kinda wondering what life would be like with Ned Stark instead of Robert... A very awesome scene.

Sam: "I always wanted to be a wizard."

And, no doubt my favourite: "I did warn you not to trust me." Littlefinger! Oh you.

There was something very disturbing watching Tywin Lannister butchering that elk while having a serious conversation with Jaime... not because that he was butchering the elk mind you. It's the way he was butchering it. There was something, I don't know... murderous about it, somewhat foreshadowing what happened with Robert later.

And then Tywin put his left hand, the same hand that was gouging entrails moments before, on Jaime's head and told him to become the man he was always meant to be. I also felt sorry for Jaime... and Tyrion even more so even though he wasn't in this episode. As boys and then later on as men, I can picture them pointlessly trying to win their father's approval... and Tywin never once giving it to them.

The Mighty 6 platoon
May 30th, 2011, 06:07 AM
There was something very disturbing watching Tywin Lannister butchering that elk while having a serious conversation with Jaime... not because that he was butchering the elk mind you. It's the way he was butchering it. There was something, I don't know... murderous about it, somewhat foreshadowing what happened with Robert later.

And then Tywin put his left hand, the same hand that was gouging entrails moments before, on Jaime's head and told him to become the man he was always meant to be. I also felt sorry for Jaime... and Tyrion even more so even though he wasn't in this episode. As boys and then later on as men, I can picture them pointlessly trying to win their father's approval... and Tywin never once giving it to them.
That was one of my favourite scenes thus far. It just establishes Tywin as this effective villain. Many shows have evil aristocrats as antagonists, but just the writing and the performance by Charles Dance really separate him from anything else. From that one scene while he guts and skins the stag, you get so much information on him. You realise he's a powerful, intelligent man, but also a killer and very pragmatic and practical, someone who's not afraid to get their hands dirty.

Also on a more amusing note, as mentioned earlier "I always wanted to be a wizard." :D

MattSilver 3k
June 5th, 2011, 10:55 PM
New episode this week, so new bunch of favourite moments/quotes et cetera. Post away!

A lot of favourite moments, but if I had to list three? Syrio Forel's last stand, Tywin and Tyrion's scene, and Ser Barristan. So much win.

Cold Fuzz
June 6th, 2011, 01:31 AM
I just finished watching. It was so awesome that I watched the encore presentation and repeatedly rewound the key moments of awesomeness on the DVR.

My favorite moments:

Syrio. I wish that he had more scenes this season but I know there are so many other characters to fit in. The First Sword of Braavos certainly gave one final flash of badassery through besting a bunch of overconfident Lannister guards with a wooden sword. :D

One of Sansa's opening lines: She said that Arya always came back from her "dancing lessons" bruised and scratched, referring to her as clumsy. The way Sansa said the lines, I got the distinct impression that she really believed they were dancing lessons, not swordfighting lessons. Very LOL-worthy.

The direwolves. I liked Ghost getting all riled up at the wall, especially the cacophony of yelps, howls, barks, and growls. But Robb's direwolf Grey Wind really took center stage with another fantastic mauling with Greatjon Umber. The crunching sound and the blood were fantastic. :D And Greatjon actually respected Robb thereafter. A win-win.

Tyrion. More of his usual badassery, especially how he got the hill people to escort them all the way to Tywin's camp.

Tywin. Gutting the stag last week gave us a preview of his fearsome reputation. That was followed up very well this week as Charles Dance gave another electric performance. What is it about Tywin's eyes? The way he looks at people makes you completely believe Catelyn's story that he had Targaryen children butchered in their sleep. Also, when your own brother addresses you as "my lord" that says loads right there.

ALL of the scenes at the Wall. Again and again, the guys at the Wall succeed with their scenes. I think the casting has a lot to do with the chemistry they've got with all the characters at the wall. I'm glad to see Lord Commander Mormont come to the forefront more. As usual, Jon and his bros are the most interesting.

Bran praying at the weirwood tree and more build-up with the White Walkers. Ned was right when he quipped, "Your gods are the ones with all the rules." Bran's devotion felt real, not like some mindless ritual. Interesting that it was interrupted with Hodor. I guess he really does have Giant blood considering his, um... size? :eek::lol: WTF is he doing running around naked in the woods anyway? :P As for the buildup with the Walkers, again, there's a distinct Babylon 5 feel with the way the White Walkers (the Others in the books) are being built up. By the time the Shadow War was at the forefront with B5, so much background info had been trotted out that by the time it came time to pull the triggers on the war, it gripped you from one episode to another. I think the same will happen here with the dark events now unfolding.

Gods help all these people when the Wall finally comes down, bringing the Walkers to storm the North and come down into the rest of Westeros. Whoever is foolish enough to blow the Horn of Winter and destroy the Wall will doom all of Westeros to the point that Daenerys and her dragons will be the world's only hope.

Robb the rising star. With Ned's situation, Robb is really coming to the forefront very well. I'm glad that the characterization of Catelyn onscreen acknowledges this.

Drogo and his weaponless take-down of a subordinate. I'm not ashamed to admit that I absolutely loved him ripping out the man's throat. :D

Edit: One last thing I forgot to mention, though this favorite of mine isn't confined to this episode. The prop for the mugs was finally given a little acknowledgement through Commander Mormont: "A horn of ale." In the Game of Thrones world, it looks like it's bull horn. I want one for my drinks damn it. :P

Hitokage
June 6th, 2011, 03:00 AM
everything what Syrio Forel said during the training
arresting of the Dwarf
and of course.....Winter is comming

The Mighty 6 platoon
June 6th, 2011, 06:32 AM
Shagga: How would you like to die, Tyrion, son of Twyin?
Tyrion: In my own bed, at the age of 80, with a belly full of wine and a girls mouth around my c**k.

:P

MattSilver 3k
June 6th, 2011, 06:38 AM
Wouldn't we all. :P

Also, a subtle one - Tywin taking the wine jug out of Tyrion's reach before the latter could pour his goblet. Yeesh, guy.

The Mighty 6 platoon
June 6th, 2011, 07:15 AM
Also, a subtle one - Tywin taking the wine jug out of Tyrion's reach before the latter could pour his goblet. Yeesh, guy.

I did chuckle at that. Charles Dance and Peter Dinklage had great chemistry.

Also

"Shagga son of Dolf, will cut off his manhood—”

“—and feed it to the goats, yes,” :P

mysticseeker7
June 12th, 2011, 07:48 AM
Favorite scenes by episode:

Eppy 1: When Drogo and Dany first see each other. Then when Drogo gifts Dany with her white horse.
Arya hitting the bullseye with her arrow.

Eppy 2: When Dany and Drogo make love looking each other in the eye. Drogo walking into the tent naked.
Arya knocking Joffrey on his ass.

Eppy 3: Vaserys getting the whip wrapped around his neck for getting fresh with his sister.
Drogo and Dany laying together on there bed. him stroking her tenderly and then discussing the child and kissing. Yummy.

Eppy 4: Vaserys getting put in his place by his sister with the threat of cutting off his hands. LOL

Eppy 6: Dany testing herself with the egg and not getting her hands burned. Dany eating the horse heart and coming out strong, with Drogo looking on in support, respect and proudly. There was also some eye sex/foreplay going on. Him carrying her around as if on a victory lap. The protective Drogo of his wife and child. Drogo crowning the whiney idiot Vaserys.

Eppy7: The wonderful Dany drogo scene discussing the iron throne and the sweet kiss and her braiding his hair. Then of course post assasination attempt where you could see he was so worried about her. Called her Moon of his life. Of course the pledge/speech scene was outstanding.

Eppy 8: Dany claiming the women as her daughters and putting the underling in his place. Drogo giving Dany her due respect and asking for her side of the story. He explained how his society works and yet siding with her on the matter. Showing love and mutual repsect. I love this couple.
Syrio keeping his flare in the midst of battle.
Arya getting the hell out of dodge.
Septa showing so much courage to her death.

Cold Fuzz
June 12th, 2011, 10:46 PM
I just finished watching Baelor, with the encore presentation up in less than 15 minutes. Brilliant episode but my God what a dark ending. :( I'll post favorite moments after the encore airing.

MattSilver 3k
June 12th, 2011, 11:10 PM
Yeah. Damn, this show.

So yeah, my favourite moments in this ep have to be...
- Tyrion's story about his wife. I heard somewhere else they cut the part where he says Tywin gave him a gold coin to pay his wife for sex right then and there, because a Lannister is worth more. Shame, but still, fun.
- Jorah taking the blow in his armour and killing the horselord. BAMF.
- Varys/Ned scene at the start. I'm digging Varys, despite the evilness inside.
- Cat telling Robb about his wife-to-be, and Theon snickering as she does.
- Jaime's capture, and the reveal of Robb's plan. Solid.
- Maester Aemon's reveal.

Yeah, the last scene wasn't something I'd call a "favourite" for reasons of crushing depressiveness, but it was very well done. Very.

Cold Fuzz
June 13th, 2011, 12:59 AM
I just finished the encore showing. That last scene did not lose its gravity. Very tough to watch but very well done.

Favorite moments/scenes:

All the scenes at the Wall. I think they've got just the right actors for all of the characters and that was especially highlighted with Commander Mormont, Maester Aemon, and Jon. I was really glad to see the Old Bear hand over Longclaw to Jon. :D A bastard with a bastard sword. Heh heh.

Tyrion's scenes. When the that story about his wife is revisited again, I'm sure it'll be as intense as what was revealed in this episode. Tywin was badass again. But what's the best about Tyrion's scenes for me? A drinking game! :lol:

The bloodmagic. Disturbing to watch and hear. Unlike certain other horror-oriented things I've seen in the past, I think this scene genuinely plays off as something absolutely monstrous taking place.

Ser Jorah. Absolutely badass. That duel between him and that irate Dothraki brings up an interesting question. Even if Daenerys and Drogo had 40,000 Dothraki on horseback in Westeros, would that be enough to re-take the realm? Cersei didn't think so and this scene illustrated why. Yeah, the arakh is a cool-looking weapon but its design was geared towards disembowelment, which is exactly what that Dothraki tried to to do Jorah. However, the armor plating completely negated that strategy. With 40,000 Dothraki facing similar numbers of Westerosi soldiers with armor plating, I think they'd get their asses handed to them unless Dany had other resources at her disposal.

Frey. I remember in the book he was much the jackass and the actor cast for him was perfect. :P

MattSilver 3k
June 13th, 2011, 01:44 AM
Frey. I remember in the book he was much the jackass and the actor cast for him was perfect. :P

Filch from the Harry Potter films. Nailed it.

Shylodog
June 13th, 2011, 08:07 AM
Filch from the Harry Potter films. Nailed it [as Lord Walder Frey].

I couldn't agree more. Even my wife said he looked to be about 90 years old, which of course would be spot on with the book. :D

VampyreWraith
June 13th, 2011, 10:49 AM
I loved the scenes between Ned and Varys. That was the point in the books when I decided that I liked Varys.
I liked Cat's scenes, I think the actress does a great job with the character(I really didn't like her in the books); so I like that I like her on the tv series. :)
Frey was horrible(in a good way), he's as nasty as is was in the books.
Ser Jorah was great. The noises coming out of the tent were creepy sounding, so that was cool.
I really liked Jon and Maester Aemon's conversation.

Ukko
June 13th, 2011, 04:48 PM
Im certain i heard the phrase "You're a s*** warrior" spoken to Tyrion.:p

The Mighty 6 platoon
June 13th, 2011, 05:05 PM
Although it was a tragic moment, I think the death of Ned will go down in the books as one of the most shocking and greatest moments of tv history.

magictrick
June 14th, 2011, 08:17 AM
Although it was a tragic moment, I think the death of Ned will go down in the books as one of the most shocking and greatest moments of tv history.

I found the Red Wedding to be more epic, but I can see why Ned's death is has a greater impact on the series and people will consider it the most surprising moment.

Cold Fuzz
June 20th, 2011, 12:43 AM
I just finished my second viewing of "Fire and Blood." Brilliant finish to the season. :D I'd post some favorites but I'm nigh incoherent right now. The past 5 days of work have burned me out, especially with a 17-hour day (an 8-hour shift + a 9-hour ridealong) in the middle and with the my schedule jumping all over the clock, I was barely able to stay alert to watch the episode. :o The epicness though kept my attention through the whole thing. Favorite points tomorrow when I get some shut-eye. :)

MattSilver 3k
June 20th, 2011, 01:20 AM
Moments:

- Mormont's speech near the end about the Watch.
- Dany at the end.
- Arya threatening the pig boy.
- Cat smacking Jaime one. Goood girl.
- Tywin approving of Tyrion for a moment there.

Favourite Line:
Joffrey: "And maybe one day they'll bring me your treasonous brother's head."
Sansa: "Maybe one day he'll bring me yours."

Sansa! You win.

Lahela
June 20th, 2011, 12:59 PM
"Do you lie awake at night fearing my gash?"

Ukko
June 21st, 2011, 11:37 AM
Tywin and Tyrion.:D

"I always thought you were a stunted fool, perhaps i was wrong."
"Half wrong"

magictrick
June 21st, 2011, 06:43 PM
Tywin and Tyrion.:D

"I always thought you were a stunted fool, perhaps i was wrong."
"Half wrong"

Agreed, that one was great. Tyrion's wit is awesome.

Cold Fuzz
June 23rd, 2011, 07:40 PM
I've been preoccupied with a lot of physical fitness-related issues at work for the past 10 days so I haven't even had time to post my favorites for "Fire and Blood" until now. :o

The music. I really liked how the opening theme found its way into much of the incidental music for this episode, especially with Jon riding through the forest and the finale with Dany and her dragon brood. It's all the more satisfying to hear it in the soundtrack album now that I know which moments they correspond to on screen. :)

Tyrion & Tywin. These two have such a strange family dynamic that I'm at somewhat of a loss to be able to describe it. Tywin blocking Tyrion's hand when he tried to get a pitcher of wine but then pouring Tyrion a glass himself immediately afterward was a great moment. It was immediately followed up by an even better moment: When Tywin describes the startling turn of events at King's Landing as "Madness. Madness and stupidity." :lol: Of course it was a laugh-worthy moment. However it gives an interesting insight into Tywin. He is not at all afraid of the king, the queen regent, or whoever else is in power. It's easily one of my favorite lines & moments in the entire series. Making Tyrion the new Hand was to "bring that boy king to heel" was a brilliant moment too. Though I knew it was coming, Charles Dance and Peter Dinklage once again deliver on the goods. :D

Robb & Catelyn mourning Ned. The amount of love they had for him and their love for each other was powerful in that scene. The profound hurt they both felt was staggering.

"The King in the North!" My God that was a stirring scene. :D The music, the fiery words of fealty, and declaring the North a separate kingdom for the first time in centuries... it made the hairs on the back of my neck stand up. :eek: It was quite the flip side of Robb & Cat mourning. I especially liked Greatjon's disparaging comments about the other kings.

The scenes at the Wall. The scenes at the Wall have always worked well in the series and the ones in the finale were the best of the ones at the wall. Commander Mormont's speech about not meekly waiting for the snows was awesome, especially when combined with that wonderful music.

Dany. Her scenes this week were mesmerizing, especially with the funeral pyre. I wondered how the dragon births would be rendered on screen and the final scene surpassed all of my expectations. The awe, wonder, and majesty of that final scene, especially with her khalasar bowing to her (including Jorah) truly cemented her as the Mother of Dragons for me. Again, the music really came through, and that re-orchestrated version of the opening theme with the choir at the end was absolutely brilliant. :D

Edit: I forgot to put in one of my favorite lines from "Fire and Blood" which happens to be by Gendry: "Will you sing when I hit you?" :D I wonder how what'll they do with Gendry in the series.