The Borgias

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The Borgias

Anybody else watching this show. It is certainly not for the faint of heart. Very Risque and excellent acting, especially by Jeremy Irons.
    Posting at.............
    http://godus.boards.net/

whats it about?

Comment

It is a story about the family of the Borgias, One who became Pope and the ultimate corruption that followed their family. Lucrezia Borgia was the daughter of the Pope. There was two older Brothers one ran the Military and the other was a Cardinal. Without spoiling anything, I can tell you the trailer calls them the first original Crime Family. Obviously, it is very looslely based on fact and mostly Hollywood drama, but very good.
      Last edited by Graybrew1; 18 April 2011, 12:01 PM.
      Posting at.............

Comment

I am watching this and I love it!! Jeremy Irons does a fantastic job as Pope Alexander.
        sigpic

Comment

I finally got a chance to watch the first ep the other night and am now trying to catch up. Excellently done and Jeremy Irons is just outstanding.
          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Lahela View Post
            I finally got a chance to watch the first ep the other night and am now trying to catch up. Excellently done and Jeremy Irons is just outstanding.
            I'm doing that too!! i have eppy's 3 and 4 loading right now so I can see them! lol!
            sigpic

Comment

Jeremy Irons is wonderful - perfectly evil!
              Last edited by mathpiglet; 18 April 2011, 11:53 AM.
              Calculus and Alcohol don't mix. Never drink and derive.

Comment

Originally posted by Graybrew1 View Post
                Lucrezia Borgia was the daughter of the Pope.
                The catholic pope? Is it modern day? I thought modern pope's weren't allowed to marry and have kids?

< not catholic
                sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Spimman View Post
                  The catholic pope? Is it modern day? I thought modern pope's weren't allowed to marry and have kids?

< not catholic
                  Alexander VI was pope in the fifteenth century and although popes have never been allowed to marry, back in those days they tended to bend the rules somewhat.

Comment

Originally posted by mathpiglet View Post
                    Alexander VI was pope in the fifteenth century and although popes have never been allowed to marry, back in those days they tended to bend the rules somewhat.

Somewhat, for sure, because the main fact is that he did actually have those children. As many Popes did back then.
                    Posting at.............

Comment

The Borgias were not known for good behaviour.

Comment

Originally posted by mathpiglet View Post
                        The Borgias were not known for good behaviour.
                        So, I see from the show. LOL But I am liking the oldest brother in a really bad boy sort of way.
                        Posting at.............

Comment

I was quite disappointed with this one. I was looking forward to it, especially with the amazing Jeremy Irons being in it. But the 2h premiere bored me so much that I just couldn't be bothered to check out the third episode.
                          "A society grows great when old men plant trees, the shade of which they know they will never sit in. Good people do things for other people. That's it, the end." -- Penelope Wilton in Ricky Gervais's After Life

Comment

Borgias is set in 1492, so the rules were quite different. And he wasn't married as he had a long time lover/mistress, who gave him 3 children. Lucrezia was just married off, at the grand age of 14, to who is sure to be a brute..but daddy doesn't really care. she was married for allliances. He murdered and bribed his way to the papacy, and will do the same to keep it.

the intriguing part is the children. Caesare (I'm gonna butcher the names) is the cardinal, but wants to be a military leader. while the other son is in the military and is totally worthless. Caesare is in love with his sister Lucrezia (not sexually, but brotherly), but he had to marry her to her husband.

Pope Alexander forbades the mother from attending her daughter's wedding, but his current mistress can attend and sit at his side.

it's a very male dominated world, and if one is ruthless enough, they can get pretty much anything they want
                            Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Skydiver View Post
                              Borgias is set in 1492, so the rules were quite different. And he wasn't married as he had a long time lover/mistress, who gave him 3 children. Lucrezia was just married off, at the grand age of 14, to who is sure to be a brute..but daddy doesn't really care. she was married for allliances. He murdered and bribed his way to the papacy, and will do the same to keep it.

the intriguing part is the children. Caesare (I'm gonna butcher the names) is the cardinal, but wants to be a military leader. while the other son is in the military and is totally worthless. Caesare is in love with his sister Lucrezia (not sexually, but brotherly), but he had to marry her to her husband.

Pope Alexander forbades the mother from attending her daughter's wedding, but his current mistress can attend and sit at his side.

it's a very male dominated world, and if one is ruthless enough, they can get pretty much anything they want

I'm thinking maybe alittle of both. But he just won't go THERE.
                              Posting at.............

Comment

Working...
                              X