PDA

View Full Version : What is left of the Tollan?

poppy_popcorn
May 17th, 2004, 09:35 PM
From what we know, the Tollan was bombed by the Goa'uld in a heavy attack. Is it possible that there are Tollan survivors out there? Possibly new recruited jaffa, slaves, or even taken as hosts? Perhaps Sams Tollan "crush" is even alive. What do you think?

Elwe Singollo
May 17th, 2004, 09:46 PM
I don't know, but were they those arrogant, but intelligent people?

jkalana
May 17th, 2004, 09:49 PM
yea, it was those advanced ignorant people, who kept getting shafted, and then saved by sgc

mysticalweather
May 17th, 2004, 09:50 PM
The thing with Stargate is: no one is dead unless you actually see them die. And even then, that doesn't necessarily mean anything. :)

The transmission Narim was sending to earth was suddenly cut-off, but that doesn't necessarily mean that he died.

Personally, I do think there are at least a few Tollan who survived...but the world may never know...

~Misty

Elwe Singollo
May 17th, 2004, 09:50 PM
Oh, they don't deserve to come back. haha... my opinion only though :)

Champos
May 17th, 2004, 09:52 PM
I'm hoping they come back in the next season. Either as new allies, or as some grief-stricken survivor who lost his family and blames the SGC (perhaps rightly) for the attack. That could be an interesting storyline.

May 17th, 2004, 09:54 PM
well yeah...we don't know how everything is ended...and i like how...the UNPRIMITIVE (intelegent) got destroyed byt their technolody, not a primitive one...it's humorous after watching "Enigma" and sad at the same time because Tollans were really intersting...and thw whole race...It's sad... :( Hopefully they smaked the hell out of Goa'uld with thier small/secret portable weapons :D and we'll see them later, may be in S8

Elwe Singollo
May 17th, 2004, 09:56 PM
I don't know, i thought they were interesting, i was just annoyed that they thought they were all 'powerful'.

KokiriChild
May 18th, 2004, 12:35 AM
I don't know, i thought they were interesting, i was just annoyed that they thought they were all 'powerful'.
Pride always comes before a fall. In my eyes, they were so "high-and-mighty" that they thought nobody could beat them, so they didn't really try advancing their technology all that much, then when they found an enemy who posed a threat to them they had a sudden smack-down to Earth (or Tollana;)) and panicked, more to the point, if they had gone through with Tannith's plan they would've wiped us out to save their own asses!

It's a shame the whole planet died, but I think the government got what was coming to them, and who knows, maybe they had ships that they could escape in, or a hidden Stargate that they built?

Teal'c
May 18th, 2004, 05:27 AM
In the words of Joe Mallozzi, they're toast :P

Rail'k
May 18th, 2004, 08:11 AM
What if they ascended?

veneticuss
May 18th, 2004, 10:38 AM
They probably couldn't. The Coucilor surely not because her soul was not pure. Or at least i think so

simon4of4
May 18th, 2004, 10:50 AM
I was thinking about this last night after watching Enigma (http://gateworld.net/sg1/s1/116.shtml). The more I think about it more aggravated I get that they wiped them out. Yes, I know we can speculate all we want that some survived but the point the show was making was they were wiped out.

I really like the Tollan. I know they had an arrogance problem but from their point of view it made perfect sense. They watched an entire moon? planet? whatever it was blow itself up in one day because they tried to help. Can you imagine the guilt you would feel for something like that?

But they were still willing to be our friends and allies. In time they might have realized they could help us out. Maybe not by giving us technology, at not least directly, but maybe they could have helped us to further our understanding of science as a whole.

The Tollan were a good people dealing with a terrible burden but I don't think they deserved genocide.

veneticuss
May 18th, 2004, 11:12 AM
Right, they could have helped us in PHYSICS

veneticuss
May 18th, 2004, 11:12 AM
they were quiet good in this matter :-)

SGSlugger
May 18th, 2004, 11:52 AM
I'd like to see them make a return, even a small escape group showing up at the SGC wanting help in exchange for tech. But sadly, they are all probably crispy and well-done.

It was a good lesson for Earth though.

tomduo
May 18th, 2004, 11:57 AM
What about Malakai in Window of Oppurtunity? I always figured he was tollan.

And didn't the tollan have ships and some colonies? There has to be survivors, and I am surprised Anubis didn't enslave them.

SGSlugger
May 18th, 2004, 12:10 PM
What about Malakai in Window of Oppurtunity? I always figured he was tollan.

And didn't the tollan have ships and some colonies? There has to be survivors, and I am surprised Anubis didn't enslave them.

Narim said in the transmission that all the escaping ships were being shot down. As for the colonies, I don't think so, but I could be wrong.

I would think that there would be some survivors somewhere.

jmoore032000
May 18th, 2004, 12:15 PM
Personally I don't want them to return because they just insulted us at every opportunity

BoBWraith
May 18th, 2004, 01:15 PM
Personally I don't want them to return because they just insulted us at every opportunity

I agree completely. It is sad that the Tollans were wiped out, but their leaders got what they deserved. They were so convinced of their own superiority that they allowed themselves to become complacent. As Teal'c pointed out in Pretense, they lost the ability to think strategically and that their naivety would be their undoing. Turns out he was right. I would like to see some of them (including Nareem) come back, but only if they have undergone a serious attitude adjustment. I would like to see them a little more forthcoming with their knowledge and technology, but not weapons since that is their main taboo and actually makes sense. After the incident with the other less advanced culture, I can understand why they wouldn't give out weapons technology; but that's not a very good excuse not to share other types of tech like medical and transportation stuff. That's just my opinion. :p

simon4of4
May 18th, 2004, 01:23 PM
You can't say they should share everything but weapons tech because what they gave that other culture was not a weapon. It was just a power source. They turned it into a weapon. The same could happen with medical tech or anything else.

It's an all or nothing sceniro. At least IMHO. :)

poppy_popcorn
May 18th, 2004, 02:37 PM
Wow! People like my topic! lol! Anyways, back to what I was saying. The Tollan were really really rude in certain ways, but you have to remember that they didn't want to accidently give away their secret technology. Nariem talked about a planet that they gave some pretty cool technology to, unfortunately they all died out. I have to agree though, they could of told the team in a more polite way. In my opinion, there are probably a few Tollan survivors. It would be really kool to see them in Season 8! Wouldn't it be interesting if SG-1 explored a Goa'uld planet (on some mission) and they find Nariem and some other Tollan survivors? How would Sam react? I'm all excited now! lol!

Mio
May 18th, 2004, 02:47 PM
Not only did it result in their destruction, but the tollan homeworld was also destroyed as a result of them giving up their tech.

Annnnyway.....

I want to see them back. Surely one ship got away...?

the_fours
May 18th, 2004, 02:51 PM
question: what is left of the tollan?

Answer: Ashes!!!!

i hope we dont see the tollan again (no need to reopen a plotline which has bee closed down neatly)

Pharaoh Atem
February 19th, 2006, 02:27 PM
there isn't much left that we know of of course there do have a habit of revisting episodes and season 10 is coming.

Pharaoh Atem
February 19th, 2006, 02:28 PM
there isn't much left that we know of of course there do have a habit of revisting episodes and season 10 is coming.