This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What is left of the Tollan?

From what we know, the Tollan was bombed by the Goa'uld in a heavy attack. Is it possible that there are Tollan survivors out there? Possibly new recruited jaffa, slaves, or even taken as hosts? Perhaps Sams Tollan "crush" is even alive. What do you think?
    SAM: Mayborne, you are an idiot every day of the week, why couldn't you of taken one day off?

JACK: What can possibly be in my eye that could explain this?

I don't know, but were they those arrogant, but intelligent people?
    Amanda, "Wallow Central."

Comment

yea, it was those advanced ignorant people, who kept getting shafted, and then saved by sgc

Comment

The thing with Stargate is: no one is dead unless you actually see them die. And even then, that doesn't necessarily mean anything.

The transmission Narim was sending to earth was suddenly cut-off, but that doesn't necessarily mean that he died.

Personally, I do think there are at least a few Tollan who survived...but the world may never know...

~Misty
        *Tons of cameras flash all around*

Me: You'll be seeing lights for days!

Michael Shanks: I know! I feel like I'm in a disco!

Comment

Oh, they don't deserve to come back. haha... my opinion only though

Comment

I'm hoping they come back in the next season. Either as new allies, or as some grief-stricken survivor who lost his family and blames the SGC (perhaps rightly) for the attack. That could be an interesting storyline.
            sum ergo cogitum
            I am therefore I think.

Comment

well yeah...we don't know how everything is ended...and i like how...the UNPRIMITIVE (intelegent) got destroyed byt their technolody, not a primitive one...it's humorous after watching "Enigma" and sad at the same time because Tollans were really intersting...and thw whole race...It's sad... Hopefully they smaked the hell out of Goa'uld with thier small/secret portable weapons and we'll see them later, may be in S8

Comment

I don't know, i thought they were interesting, i was just annoyed that they thought they were all 'powerful'.

Comment

Originally posted by littlemigueljr
                  I don't know, i thought they were interesting, i was just annoyed that they thought they were all 'powerful'.
                  Pride always comes before a fall. In my eyes, they were so "high-and-mighty" that they thought nobody could beat them, so they didn't really try advancing their technology all that much, then when they found an enemy who posed a threat to them they had a sudden smack-down to Earth (or Tollana) and panicked, more to the point, if they had gone through with Tannith's plan they would've wiped us out to save their own asses!

It's a shame the whole planet died, but I think the government got what was coming to them, and who knows, maybe they had ships that they could escape in, or a hidden Stargate that they built?

Comment

In the words of Joe Mallozzi, they're toast

Comment

What if they ascended?
                      sigpic

Comment

They probably couldn't. The Coucilor surely not because her soul was not pure. Or at least i think so
                        "Maybe one day you will learn that your way is not the only way!"

Visit Dr. Radek Zelenka's Complete Translations and thunk thread

All translations will be found in the first post of this thread, though i recommend to read the whole discussion ;]

Comment

I was thinking about this last night after watching Enigma. The more I think about it more aggravated I get that they wiped them out. Yes, I know we can speculate all we want that some survived but the point the show was making was they were wiped out.

I really like the Tollan. I know they had an arrogance problem but from their point of view it made perfect sense. They watched an entire moon? planet? whatever it was blow itself up in one day because they tried to help. Can you imagine the guilt you would feel for something like that?

But they were still willing to be our friends and allies. In time they might have realized they could help us out. Maybe not by giving us technology, at not least directly, but maybe they could have helped us to further our understanding of science as a whole.

The Tollan were a good people dealing with a terrible burden but I don't think they deserved genocide.
                          "Maktal shree! Loc'tak. Mek'ta satak Oz! Moktal Oz. Moktal Oz, Kree!" - Daniel Jackson

"So, you want to be my Oma?" - Jack O'Neill

Comment

Right, they could have helped us in PHYSICS

All translations will be found in the first post of this thread, though i recommend to read the whole discussion ;]

Comment

they were quiet good in this matter :-)

Comment

Working...
                              X