Young Jack O'Neill - Fragile Balance

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Young Jack O'Neill - Fragile Balance

Forgive me if this has been discussed. I did do a search but didn't find it. If there is an identical thread please put me in the right direction and ignore this one.

I was watching "Fragile balance" the other day and just wondered what happened to young Jack.

It aired in 2003, young Jack looked to be about 14 maybe. He had all the knowledge of Jack and for all intense and purpose there is no right to say he is not entitled to what the older Jack has (military ranking at the time of the cloning, work with the SGC)

I know that they said they wont keep in touch as that would be too weird. But surely as Jack has gone on to become involved with HMC, a Jack O'neill in his early 20s would be a very very valuable asset.

I would imagine that he would also be itching to get involved if he knows what is happening out there.

Any suggestions to what you think happened / should happen to young jack?

I would love to see a young Jack doing some off world stuff.

It was hinted that he was going to take a different path then his older counterpart.

Comment

Originally posted by escyos View Post
      It was hinted that he was going to take a different path then his older counterpart.
      I always thought that meant going back to school and getting (without making O'Neill sound dumb), an education. It would be nice to see young O'Neill do something different but I think he'd eventually get back with the Stargate as it's just an adventure unlike no others.

sigpic

Comment

I think he would be invaluable to Stargate Command. A soldier in his physical prime, but with decades of military and black ops experience, plus seven years of experience as a frontline SG team commander.

Considering that the real O'Neill is a life long military man, who retired twice and came back to active duty both times. I think that it is only a matter of time before young Clo'neill is back in the military.

Comment

I just cant imagine he wouldnt eventually find his way back to the SGC. As you said, years of experience and he has tried retiring and just couldn't get on with it. By now he should be done with any schooling and should get himself back to the SGC. Unless he has become a presented on the fishing channel.

Comment

Either way, RDA wouldn't be playing the character so I don't care so much.

Comment

my guess is that he will try to take a different path but somehow end up in the military. maybe he'll end up doing something off world (like on a alpha site). that way he wouldn't run into himself (that much anyway) and will have his own thing.
              sigpic

Comment

Maybe Jack retires (for good) young Jack will come into action.

Comment

I heard they are planning the 4th Stargate series around this character.
                  sigpic

Comment

i would like to see after Mitchell retires to see Young O'Neill get back his command as SG-1 leader. sure it wouldn't be the same without Daniel and Carter but at least if he asked Teal'c maybe he would like to make a return.

Comment

Originally posted by magictrick View Post
                      Where?

Comment

Originally posted by magictrick View Post
                        yeah right, they haven't even told us anything new about SGU, so you must be wrong

Comment

Originally posted by SaberBlade View Post
                          I always thought that meant going back to school and getting (without making O'Neill sound dumb), an education. It would be nice to see young O'Neill do something different but I think he'd eventually get back with the Stargate as it's just an adventure unlike no others.
                          Considering that O'Neill is an officer he would already have a university level degree. Plus he has time and time again shown that he is a lot smarter than he lets on.

Comment

Originally posted by escyos View Post
                            Considering that O'Neill is an officer he would already have a university level degree. Plus he has time and time again shown that he is a lot smarter than he lets on.
                            Bachelor's at the very least (remember, he's a graduate of the Air Force Academy), and most likely a Master's acquired somewhere later along the way, as it is very difficult to be promoted to full-bird colonel without one (this based on actual Air Force documents studied while doing research for my writing project).

(Yes, I'm female. Okay?)
                            Sum, ergo scribo...

My own site ** FF.net * All That We Leave Behind * Symbiotica ** AO3
                            sigpic
                            now also appearing on DeviantArt
                            Explore Colonel Frank Cromwell's odyssey after falling through the Stargate in Season Two's A Matter of Time, and follow Jack's search for him. Significant Tok'ra supporting characters and a human culture drawn from the annals of history. Book One of the series By Honor Bound.

Comment

Well like I said, I didn't want to make O'Neill sound dumb, but in the context of the show, there is so much stuff that goes on which O'Neill doesn't understand. Jack was the everyman of the show, the one person who isn't supposed to know much in order to explain things to the audience.

From the context of Young/Old Jack's chat at the end of the episode, it seems to me that Jack didn't really bother with high school, and it's possible that the bulk of Jack's eduction came from the Air Force. Going back to High School would allow him to get the education he missed first time around, and any further studies after High School could be used to help him better understand everything Carter was talking about in the 8 seasons he knew her.

sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X