PDA

View Full Version : Deleted scene in Atlantis sets up SGU

Mr Evil 37
April 9th, 2011, 02:23 PM
I just found this video on YouTube of a deleted scene from Stargate Atlantis (likely season five, but not sure which episode) that has McKay and Zelenka arguing about the Ninth Chevron, setting up the premise of SGU.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qT1W4lwjNkI&feature=youtu.be

I wish this scene had been left in...

jelgate
April 9th, 2011, 02:25 PM
Old news and it was The Shrine

Mr Evil 37
April 9th, 2011, 02:27 PM
Old news and it was The Shrine

Sorry, I guess.

Rosehawk
April 9th, 2011, 02:37 PM
It was cut due to the episode running a bit too long! At least they put it in the deleted scenes. It was fun to watch!

General Jumper One
April 9th, 2011, 02:47 PM
Nice, hadn't seen that before, they should've kept it in

DigiFluid
April 9th, 2011, 02:56 PM
It's a real shame that got cut, it's a lovely piece of franchise continuity. Surely they could have trimmed down one of Rodney's 'losing it' videos to make time for it, or else just used it in another episode entirely.

KEK
April 9th, 2011, 02:59 PM
I think there was a mistake in there anyway, surely Radek should have said billions, not millions?

I just found this video on YouTube of a deleted scene from Stargate Atlantis (likely season five, but not sure which episode) that has McKay and Zelenka arguing about the Ninth Chevron, setting up the premise of SGU.

You should sub the guy that uploaded it :cool: :lol:

Mr Evil 37
April 9th, 2011, 03:07 PM
You could say that he makes a mistake; in Air 1 Rush says they are billions of lightyears away from Earth. However, whether this scene takes place before or after the discovery of the nine chevron address, they know nothing about where it leads, so Radek is just guessing.

And I have subscribed to him :)

LtColCarter
April 9th, 2011, 03:23 PM

Thanks for sharing...I'd not seen this scene before.

themeatcleaver
April 9th, 2011, 03:50 PM
i never saw it before either, thanks!

Rosehawk
April 9th, 2011, 04:39 PM
The scene was added to the 5th season DVD's.

Pharaoh Atem
April 9th, 2011, 04:58 PM

19 rep points for you. that was cool

Replicator Todd
April 9th, 2011, 05:04 PM
Wow, I'm surprised it seems some people haven't seen it before. The first thing I do when I get the DVDs and watch the episodes is check out the deleted scenes. But it is very nice. :cool:

Pharaoh Atem
April 9th, 2011, 05:14 PM
Wow, I'm surprised it seems some people haven't seen it before. The first thing I do when I get the DVDs and watch the episodes is check out the deleted scenes. But it is very nice. :cool:

i don't own the fifth season. there's only 3 good eps

Rosehawk
April 9th, 2011, 05:52 PM
Me too. :P :P :P

s09119
April 9th, 2011, 05:54 PM
Isn't this a plot hole by "Air"? I coulda sworn they said that the address was found two years ago or something on Icarus, which would be a little hard with the episode taking place so soon after "Enemy at the Gate."

KEK
April 9th, 2011, 06:00 PM
RUSH: There is only one found in the Ancient database on Atlantis.

I do believe though that in another episode they said they'd been looking for an Icarus-type planet for two years, so that wouldn't really make sense if they'd only just found the address. I suppose there's nothing really in the series which suggests how long after EatG Air is set though, I think it's only from comments from the producers that we 'know'.

J-Whitt Remastered
April 9th, 2011, 06:02 PM

I haven't gotten around to buying that season yet. I need to finish up my collection with that one and all of SGU soon. How did I get SGI before getting the whole real franchise?

Replicator Todd
April 9th, 2011, 06:31 PM

:( I see 20 good ones. :D

Me too. :P :P :P

Its the way to go! :D

DigiFluid
April 9th, 2011, 08:07 PM
:( I see 20 good ones. :D
Enemy at the Gate.

Point, set, match: Digi.

the fifth man
April 9th, 2011, 08:10 PM
I recorded Season 5 onto DVD when it aired, so I don't own the set. Nice little deleted scene though.

themeatcleaver
April 9th, 2011, 08:23 PM
Enemy at the Gate.

Point, set, match: Digi.

I'm a Vegas fan, myself, no matter what your opinions of EatG may be :)

DigiFluid
April 9th, 2011, 08:27 PM
I'm a Vegas fan, myself, no matter what your opinions of EatG may be :)
Yeah. I'm not knocking SGA Season 5, having just rewatched it recently I really liked quite a few of the episodes (Vegas is definitely one of them). But man, EatG was just awful (hence why I was shooting down RT ;):p)

the fifth man
April 9th, 2011, 08:33 PM
Yeah. I'm not knocking SGA Season 5, having just rewatched it recently I really liked quite a few of the episodes (Vegas is definitely one of them). But man, EatG was just awful (hence why I was shooting down RT ;):p)

While rushed, I don't think that EatG was that bad at all.

jelgate
April 9th, 2011, 08:34 PM
Vegas was much worse than EATG but they were both bad.

KEK
April 9th, 2011, 08:38 PM
Vegas was one of the best episodes of the season IMO.

the fifth man
April 9th, 2011, 08:43 PM

I thought it was a very good episode.

DigiFluid
April 9th, 2011, 08:44 PM
I would go so far as to say series. Really fantastic episode IMO, I loved that they did something so wildly different. And I don't even like CSI.

magictrick
April 9th, 2011, 08:48 PM
Wow I can't believe that was deleted. They could have definitely found room for the scene by replacing one of Rodney's numerous whiny rants.

LtColCarter
April 9th, 2011, 08:51 PM

I disagree with ya there...

Rosehawk
April 9th, 2011, 09:11 PM
Okay folks, this thread is about the deleted scene in The Shrine, please take the off-topic comments to their appropriate threads.

pookey
April 9th, 2011, 09:19 PM
great scene, never seen it my 5 series was from another source:weiranime42: they should have left that in

Lahela
April 9th, 2011, 10:27 PM
Never seen it either! I own the S5 boxset, but it still has its plastic wrap on...

Thanks for the link :D

maxbo
April 10th, 2011, 12:00 AM

Thanks for sharing this. I had no idea such a scene existed. It's too bad it wasn't included in the episode because in addition to providing a bit of a bridge between SGA and SGU, it also features characters that didn't get nearly enough screen time - Radek, Ronon and Teyla.

Sp!der
April 10th, 2011, 12:25 AM
like that scene: Ronan: "Pretty sure its sarcastic" Teyla: "Thank you, Ronan" ;) oh... time for a Atlantis rewatch soon.. I own the Season 5 set, but never noticed the deleted scenes.. have to go back to check for the extras...

KEK
April 10th, 2011, 12:54 AM
There are a quite a few deleted scenes on the DVD's, like the one where Vega chats up Keller.

Mr Evil 37
April 10th, 2011, 01:14 AM
There are a quite a few deleted scenes on the DVD's, like the one where Vega chats up Keller.

I wish that had been left in too ;)

I think that there should have been a scene in Atlantis where they actually discover the nine chevron address, rather than just speculating what it could do.

Flyboy
April 10th, 2011, 02:50 AM
I must admit, I don't like the scene. It seems remarkably contrived and out of place. The whole 'instead of sending you thousands of lightyears, it could send you millions of light years', well it just seems like semantics to be honest. What does that matter? At that stage... when there's no evidence of ANY Ancient activity beyond the Milky Way/Pegasus/Ori Galaxy... they seem to have taken the 'extra distance calculator' as fact...

It would, imo, have been better if an entry about the Destiny mission had been found.

SaberBlade
April 10th, 2011, 07:00 AM
I Don't have the SGA DVDs so never saw this before. Pretty cool clip and now we have SGU, it is a shame that it wasn't worked into any episode. I wouldn't tried working in that perhaps the Ori galaxy is a 9 chevron address (which is possibly is) as it wouldn't have seemed out of place.

Ben 'Teal'c would WIN!!' Noble
April 10th, 2011, 07:32 AM
I have also not seen this clip.

Lahela
April 10th, 2011, 08:57 AM
Thanks for sharing this. I had no idea such a scene existed. It's too bad it wasn't included in the episode because in addition to providing a bit of a bridge between SGA and SGU, it also features characters that didn't get nearly enough screen time - Radek, Ronon and Teyla.

So true on both counts. It would have been a bridge, and I squeed seeing Radek, Ronon and Teyla again in something new :D

KEK
April 10th, 2011, 12:09 PM
I wish that had been left in too ;)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VzYYzU1wgWw

GoodSmeagol
April 10th, 2011, 01:42 PM

Uh... did the unknown girl unzip her jacket to show some cleavage at the start of that clip?
Did Jenny just get picked up by a chick?
Shoulda left it in!

LtColCarter
April 10th, 2011, 02:05 PM

Girl needs to work on her pickup skills.

garhkal
April 10th, 2011, 02:43 PM
I saw it a while back, and then again when i got season 5..

tomaso88
April 10th, 2011, 11:11 PM
wow thanks i had never seen that before. dam I wish the would of left that in it was a pretty good scene and it leaves some mystery well it would have back then to get you to think about it

Skydiver
April 15th, 2011, 06:17 PM
Enough of the gay debate please.

this thread is about the deleted scene and how it sets up SGU

Jedi_Master_Bra'tac
April 18th, 2011, 03:43 AM
I have yet to own season 5 on DVD, so I hadn't seen this before. For everyone saying that the Icarus planet was found before this episode, remember deleted scenes aren't canon

garhkal
April 18th, 2011, 04:36 PM
They should be!

Selkhet
April 25th, 2011, 02:23 PM
Thanks for sharing...I'd not seen this scene before.

Very cool scene. I had not seen it either. Gotta love Zalenka.

It's a real shame that got cut, it's a lovely piece of franchise continuity.

I love Teyla's sarcasm at Ronon!!! :zelenka25: