Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Find me a sci-fi series

please

I haven't watched new sci-fi series in a long time (except for Warehouse 13)...These are the shows I watched in the past:

Warehouse 13, The X-Files, Forever Knight, Lexx, Tales from the Crypt, The Outer Limits, and The Twilight Zone.

I'm into the witty, quirky, imaginative type of series. I've considered Firely, Farscape and Doctor Who but unable decide which one I should start first. Plus, they seem like they've been out long and have many many seasons therefore it'd take a long time to finish.

Do you guys know any other intriguing series? Thanks.
    "The center of every man's existence is a dream." - G.K. Chesterton

Originally posted by GWF View Post
    I'm into the witty, quirky, imaginative type of series. I've considered Firely, Farscape and Doctor Who but unable decide which one I should start first. Plus, they seem like they've been out long and have many many seasons therefore it'd take a long time to finish.

Do you guys know any other intriguing series? Thanks.
    Being Human (the US version). I'll start watching the UK version next Tuesday.
    sigpic

Comment

Firefly was cancelled during its first season (14 episodes), and Farscape after its fourth (88 episode+miniseries). Or if you dive into the Doctor Who revival, it's only done 5 seasons so far (72 episodes).

Some others worth considering:
      - The 4400 (44 episodes+2 books to wrap up the story)
      - Defying Gravity (13 episodes)
      - Fringe (66 episodes at end of this season+renewed for 22 episode 4th season)
      - Outcasts (8 episodes)
      - Twin Peaks (30 episodes)
      "A society grows great when old men plant trees, the shade of which they know they will never sit in. Good people do things for other people. That's it, the end." -- Penelope Wilton in Ricky Gervais's After Life

Comment

Farscape and Doctor Who blow my mind from their amazing...ness. So I would recommend starting there. I got into Farscape recently and regret not watching it sooner!

Comment

DOCTOR WHO! I'd start in season 3 of the new series if you want to start with the 10th Doctor, or 5 if you want to start with the 11th Doctor.
          || twitter || tumblr ||

Comment

I'm into the witty, quirky, imaginative type of series. I've considered Firely, Farscape and Doctor Who but unable decide which one I should start first. Plus, they seem like they've been out long and have many many seasons
            Firefly really doesn't.

Comment

Farscape. Watch it watch it watch it.
              ~ When life gives you lemons, don't make lemonade. Make life take back the lemons back! Get mad! I don't want your damn lemons! What am I supposed to do with these? Demand to see life's manager! Make life rue the day it thought it could give Cave Johnson lemons! Do you know who I am? I'm the man who's gonna burn your house down! WITH THE LEMONS! I'm gonna get my engineers to invent a combustible lemon that BURNS YOUR HOUSE DOWN! ~

~ Burning people! He says what we're all thinking! ~

Comment

how bout Eureka
                sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by MattSilver 3k View Post
                  Farscape. Watch it watch it watch it.
                  Frell ya. Its about time this hazmot got dren out of his ears and make sense.
                  Originally posted by aretood2
                  Jelgate is right

Comment

warehouse 13
                    https://twitter.com/#!/Solar_wind84

Comment

Originally posted by WingedPegasus View Post
                      DOCTOR WHO! I'd start in season 3 of the new series if you want to start with the 10th Doctor, or 5 if you want to start with the 11th Doctor.
                      You mean season Two?!

Comment

Farscape! I've seen the odd ep here and there before and now I'm watching everything. It has the sort of quirky humor I think you're looking for.
                        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Replicator Todd View Post
                          You mean season Two?!
                          I know that's when Ten starts, but it might be confusing to jump in the second season with Rose. Martha's a new companion, so more stuff gets explained in the beginning. O' course, I'm sure he could pick up the necessary info along the way...so whereever he wants to start.

I might be a bad DW fan, but I didn't like the pilot much.
                          || twitter || tumblr ||

Comment

Originally posted by WingedPegasus View Post
                            I might be a bad DW fan, but I didn't like the pilot much.
                            You were watching Doctor Who in 1963?
                            "A society grows great when old men plant trees, the shade of which they know they will never sit in. Good people do things for other people. That's it, the end." -- Penelope Wilton in Ricky Gervais's After Life

Comment

Fringe.Fringe.Fringe.Fringe.Fringe. The first season maybe a bit slow.... but at the middle of season two it is AWESOME although it sure starts from the finale of season one (IMO, anyway), other than that if you are into fantasy try CAMELOT, it is the best new show this season (which Game of Thrones could maybe top )
                              sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X