This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

America's own agenda

I believe that Earth has her own agenda in particular the US even though many US senators or soldiers say it should be closed it seems to be that sg-1 remins me of manifest destiny i mean its true there not expanding US territory but their definitly expanding influence.

There are many occasions when sg-1 or someone from the sgc wanted to force change on a foriegn culture like on Cor-ai when Oneill was pissed and demanded that it should innocent until proven guilty. In my opinion the show portrays sg1 as kinda americanizing the galaxy which is not always a good thing.
    sigpicWELCOME TO END OF THE WORLD.....IM AM OZZYMANDIAS KING OF KINGS LOOK UPON MY WORKS YE MIGHTY AND DESPAIR

Doesn't matter what country or civilian organization you put in charge of the stargate program, there all going to have there own agenda.

Comment

Its a pet peeve of mine but its not just America guility of this. Many countries of guility of forcing their culture on foreign people
      Originally posted by aretood2
      Jelgate is right

Comment

Originally posted by jelgate View Post
        Its a pet peeve of mine but its not just America guility of this. Many countries of guility of forcing their culture on foreign people
        OMG...stop the world from spinnin' and let me off! I finally agree with Jel.
        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by jelgate View Post
          The OP never said it was. America is simply in control of the Stargate, therefore they will have the largest influence.
          If you wish to see more of my rants, diatribes, and general comments, check out my Twitter account SirRyanR!
          Check out Pharaoh Hamenthotep's wicked 3D renders here!
          If you can prove me wrong, go for it. I enjoy being proven wrong.

sigpic
          Worship the Zefron. Always the Zefron.

Comment

Every country has its own agenda, every person has their own agenda...

Comment

Originally posted by lordofseas View Post
              The OP never said it was. America is simply in control of the Stargate, therefore they will have the largest influence.
              He spends the first post talking about imposing our culture on foreign people and then used the last sentence of saying the SGC were "americanizing" the planets they explored. I'm just pointing out that way of exploration is hardly just the US. Most of Europe did this during the imperialism age
              Originally posted by aretood2
              Jelgate is right

Comment

I'm not really sure it's "America's own agenda" when they expect simple things like innocent until proven guilty, due process or not sucking out the brain of children (somewhat literally) in order to expand their own knowledge.

There have of course been times when SG1 has expected alien cultures to act how Earth would expect them to, and I have enjoyed when SG1 has been *****ed at for it, but a bit unfair to blame America when it's usually been the personal beliefs of a single member rather than the US of A.

sigpic

Comment

Perhaps if Oneil had been running the UK instead of Chamberlain WWII never occurs.

Comment

exactly after the goauld though did this to most of the goauld shouldnt we leave them alone instead of doing the same thing and imposing our own system. Then Jaffa is a huge example they came from a fuedal order and now they've decided to be democratic like earth.
                    sigpicWELCOME TO END OF THE WORLD.....IM AM OZZYMANDIAS KING OF KINGS LOOK UPON MY WORKS YE MIGHTY AND DESPAIR

Comment

Originally posted by General Jumper One View Post
                      Every country has its own agenda, every person has their own agenda...
                      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Yipikyyaysupremecommanderthor View Post

There are many occasions when sg-1 or someone from the sgc wanted to force change on a foriegn culture like on Cor-ai when Oneill was pissed and demanded that it should innocent until proven guilty.
                        Thats not an agenda or American agenda, its a legal system, a way to protect the innocent and prosecute the guilty.

Or would you rather we all live by Russian legal law, where you get accused of crime, sit in jail for 2 years then you see an attorney?

Comment

throughout history the fact is that its guilty till proven innocent we have no right to force our own legal codes on people that arent even on our own world just sayin

Comment

Originally posted by Yipikyyaysupremecommanderthor View Post
                            throughout history the fact is that its guilty till proven innocent we have no right to force our own legal codes on people that arent even on our own world just sayin
                            But we always do.
                            sigpic

Comment

This is not Americas agenda it's the 'Wests' agenda.

At least we are exporting our ideas of justice and not warfare. SG-1 never forced liberal Democracy or Capitalism on anyone I don't get what the big deal is.

Comment

Working...
                              X