Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Should Remy Aubuchon have been given this ep?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Should Remy Aubuchon have been given this ep?

This topic stems from the following comment by Petra:

Originally posted by Petra
    I also don't buy Jack authorising this mission. Sure, he's done his fair share of disgusting and morally wrong things and he's no friend of Langarians, but still, he wouldn't have risked millions of lives - Jonas' life - on McKay's word alone. As much as I love Jack's depiction on SGU in general, IMO Remy Aubuchon really didn't do his homework on this one.
    So, rather than cluttering that thread with this discussion, I thought it better to start another one on this specific topic.
    Should TPTB have let a relative "newcomer" write an episode with so much "fan expectation" riding on it? I don't know how much of the previous stargates the man watched, but the most overwhelming negative comments I've heard about this ep are about the depictions of "previous series" characters (or lack thereof for Jonas Fans), in this ep. Was it a "facepalm-worthy" move?, or a great ploy?
    What do you think?
    sigpic
    ALL THANKS TO THE WONDERFUL CREATOR OF THIS SIG GO TO R.I.G.
    A lie is just a truth that hasn't gone through conversion therapy yet
    The truth isn't the truth

Originally posted by Gatefan1976 View Post
    This topic stems from the following comment by Petra:

So, rather than cluttering that thread with this discussion, I thought it better to start another one on this specific topic.
    Should TPTB have let a relative "newcomer" write an episode with so much "fan expectation" riding on it? I don't know how much of the previous stargates the man watched, but the most overwhelming negative comments I've heard about this ep are about the depictions of "previous series" characters (or lack thereof for Jonas Fans), in this ep. Was it a "facepalm-worthy" move?, or a great ploy?
    What do you think?
    i think this ep had to go through a lot of eyes, b/f it even began filming. and with any 'management', the buck stops with THE boss. so, to me, whether a new-to-stargate-myth wrote it or not, it was other writers/the boss that should have addressed certain issues.
    sally

sigpic

Comment

Well the whole reason they did such an audacious move on Langara was because

Spoiler:
      They thought the Lucian Alliance had already gotten to or physically seized the planet.

Not to defend this ep... I hated it, but just saying, theres more to the story.
      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by major davis View Post

Spoiler:
        They thought the Lucian Alliance had already gotten to or physically seized the planet.

Wow u hated the ep also!? *High Fives Major Davis* Dude, I was so disappointed in this ep, I could not even rewatch it.
        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by major davis View Post

Spoiler:

Sure, I understand WHY they did what they did, but was THIS the right episode to give to a "relative" newbie? As Joe and Paul were the showrunners for SGA S4-5, wouldn't it make more sense to give the ep with the SGA guest stars to them for example?
          sigpic
          ALL THANKS TO THE WONDERFUL CREATOR OF THIS SIG GO TO R.I.G.
          A lie is just a truth that hasn't gone through conversion therapy yet
          The truth isn't the truth

Comment

A lot of times TV shows will have uncredited re-writes of episodes. On top of that, if the show runner says no, it's no.

Comment

Originally posted by Briangate78 View Post
              Wow u hated the ep also!? *High Fives Major Davis* Dude, I was so disappointed in this ep, I could not even rewatch it.
              Yep... Probably worse than Life(though I kinda like Life lol)... I mean... I like the mckay story, but the B story (which tried to be the A story) was horrendous, and it was a terrible pairing for the Mckay story. Universe really dropped the ball on this one.

Funny that I was sooo psyched for this episode, and thought Hope would be boring, when in reality, Hope was one of the best SGU eps og the series... While Seizure was a stinky pile of screw up.
              sigpic

Comment

Working...
              X