Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is this really the Amanda Perry we know?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Is this really the Amanda Perry we know?

I was really wondering if something had changed about Amanda Perry, but after a little bit of thought, I think her character has actually remained the same. Now, I am no psychological profiler, but I have known very smart people and some of them are self destructive and outright explosive. Is it possible that her "accident" was her attempt at suicide? Is she unstable?

It appears to me that there is more to her back story than we are made to believe, because her actions on this episode do not make any sense otherwise. For instance, why else would someone who was just liberated from a paraplegic state suddenly desire infinitely more, just after she seemed so content with her new "freedom."

Originally posted by SG-1-AU View Post
    why else would someone who was just liberated from a paraplegic state suddenly desire infinitely more, just after she seemed so content with her new "freedom."
    Because she's been paraplegic since she was a little girl? Because she's dreamed of climbing the highest peaks, diving the deepest depths, and going farther than anyone else ever has? Because she's never really lived?

Because she finally has the power to?
    sigpic
    ____I reserve the right to be completely wrong about any topic I post on.

Comment

I was really wondering if something had changed about Amanda Perry, but after a little bit of thought, I think her character has actually remained the same. Now, I am no psychological profiler, but I have known very smart people and some of them are self destructive and outright explosive. Is it possible that her "accident" was her attempt at suicide? Is she unstable?

It appears to me that there is more to her back story than we are made to believe, because her actions on this episode do not make any sense otherwise. For instance, why else would someone who was just liberated from a paraplegic state suddenly desire infinitely more, just after she seemed so content with her new "freedom."
      That bolded part is your answer.

Comment

Originally posted by hedwig View Post
        That bolded part is your answer.
        I guess my problem is that she never seemed to be mischievous before.

Comment

Could it be a glitch in the upload? Cause she got devious really fast
          no means no, and so does pepper spray
          Sig by The Carpenter
          sigpic

Comment

I don't think she intended to get malicious. I think she's just a regular person without extraordinary training for ridiculous situations. She got desperate, and decided to get what she wanted at an expense, which turned out not working out so well.

Carson: Muh tuttles!

Comment

Originally posted by Ganthet Jr. View Post
              I don't think she intended to get malicious. I think she's just a regular person without extraordinary training for ridiculous situations. She got desperate, and decided to get what she wanted at an expense, which turned out not working out so well.
              She seemed pretty good about framing Ginn though...

Comment

i'd like to think its a little bit of Destiny rubbing off on her, maybe Destiny just wants to get it all over with after being flying around for so long?

Comment

She loves Rush plus she had just discovered complete freedom and a way to experience physical intimacy for the first time. She was thinking emotionally rather than rationally and the result was that she made a minor, though ultimately very serious, mistake that put the man she loved in peril. She immediately knew the simple solution, the one that Ginn gave to Eli, but that would mean she loses her freedom and in a way loses Rush too. It was a series of mistakes motivated by love.

My question is this: If Eli copied the two consciousnesses into quarantine, then why can't he just copy them back? My PC has a sandbox virtual machine that I use for opening files of questionable origin, or files that I know are infected with a virus, but I that need to run anyway, but I still have a way to copy those files back to the main drive if I find they are clean. Same goes fro my anti-virus program. I can easily go into the virus vault and restore a quarantined file. Seems like Destiny should have a similar mechanism. Quarantine isn't any better than delete if you can't get the data back out.

Comment

I don't think he wants to copy back a dangerous consciousness. She might try it again, or some other unpredictable thing.
                    and if he can't isolate her from Gin.....then he loses Gin , which I think is sad
                    Sig by The Carpenter
                    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Girlbot View Post
                      I don't think he wants to copy back a dangerous consciousness. She might try it again, or some other unpredictable thing.
                      and if he can't isolate her from Gin.....then he loses Gin , which I think is sad
                      True, she might. BUT we know what is going on now, and what to do if she does it again.

Comment

The girl thinks the world of Rush. This alone is reason enough to question anything she does.

Comment

Originally posted by morrismike View Post
                          The girl thinks the world of Rush. This alone is reason enough to question anything she does.
                          Well said.

Comment

Originally posted by garhkal View Post
                            True, she might. BUT we know what is going on now, and what to do if she does it again.
                            Well maybe, but she could wreck havoc with lost of systems before Eli has a chance to catch her. and he still can't isolate the two different personalities can he? So Gin suffers the same fates as Amanda.
                            Sig by The Carpenter
                            sigpic

Comment

She seemed pretty good about framing Ginn though...
                              she may be leaning towards sociopathy due to her familiarity with Rush

Comment

Working...
                              X