Lucian Alliance military assets

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Lucian Alliance military assets

The Lucian Alliance uses Goa'uld motherships. It seems as if they were able to secure some motherships even at the height of Goa'uld control of the Milky Way.

Were we ever told how they secured them? Did they infiltrate and steal them, or did they have them built by the same people who were building the ships for the Goa'uld?

Also, have we been told whether more ships are still being built now that the Goa'uld are gone (not that all Goa'uld are gone), or are the Free Jaffa and Lucian Alliance limited to the ships they had prior to the System Lord destruction?

Good questions. It's all speculation at this point but I'd say that whatever ships they were able to get their hands on were the result of the System Lords' demise. I doubt they'd be strong enough to get their hands on just a handful of motherships before the Ori and Ba'al were out of the picture. In "Off the Grid" we basically had local folks like Worrel running kassa. That's small-time compared to what they are now in SGU.
    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Cold Fuzz View Post
      In "Off the Grid" we basically had local folks like Worrel running kassa. That's small-time compared to what they are now in SGU.
      Worrel was a very low ranking member of the LA. In Off the Grid, they had a fleet of Hatak's and didn't hesitate at all to engage Baal in battle.
      Even earlier then that in The Ties that Bind which was the episode that introduced the LA as an organization, they were shown with an entire fleet of Alkesh and a couple of Hebridian ships like the one Jarlath used in the Loop of Kon Garat.
      Last edited by D Toccs; 07 April 2011, 04:46 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by D Toccs View Post
        Worrel was a very low ranking member of the LA. In Off the Grid, they had a fleet of Hatak's and didn't hesitate at all to engage Baal in battle.
        Even earlier then that in The Ties that Bind which was the episode that introduced the LA as an organization, they were shown with an entire fleet of Alkesh and a couple of Hebridian ships like the one Jor'el used in the Loop of Kon Garat.
        Ah, I forgot about The Ties That Bind. I haven't watched SG-1 season 9 in quite some time. Well, if they've got that much assets, it's not surprising to me that they were able to upgrade the firing rate on the energy weapons on the Ha'taks. I noticed with SGU's premiere that the firing rate was MUCH faster than other Ha'taks we've seen in the past.
        sigpic

Comment

Also in Company of Thieves we see that they are in control of a ship building facility.

Comment

The Ha'tak's they were able to acquire after the Goa'uld's fall had to of either been ships left adrift after the replicator's were defeated or ships parked on the surface of a planet. Because from what we've seen, most Ha'tak's had very few human's on them.

Comment

Originally posted by boyd22 View Post
              The Ha'tak's they were able to acquire after the Goa'uld's fall had to of either been ships left adrift after the replicator's were defeated or ships parked on the surface of a planet. Because from what we've seen, most Ha'tak's had very few human's on them.
              The initial ships were most likely gained the ways you mention yes. But once they had control of a couple of Hataks, they could easily go around attacking and boarding other hataks in order to increase their fleet.

Comment

No they were introduced in in season 8 ep Prometheus Unbound when Vala stole the ship but your right we didn't actually see them untill the ties that bind.

Comment

Working...
                X