PDA

View Full Version : SGU's potential future

UniGater
April 5th, 2011, 11:28 PM
This snip taken from http://josephmallozzi.wordpress.com/.

Joseph Mallozzi's blog continue's to speak about some sort of European racing show/drama, and he goes on to continue to say that he suggested some of the 'stargate vets' for the new show in the works.

Full snip from the mailbag question:

Ulrike Tannenberg writes: “Someone commented a few days ago that the chances for a 3.season are zero (sad, but I knew that) and the chances for a movie are almost zero (that was new to me and totally shocked me, as it is/was something of a last hope). So the question is: is it true – almost no chance for a SGU-movie?”

Answer: Someone commented? Was this someone an official spokesperson for MGM? If so, then they would know. If, on the other hand, that someone was some nameless noob on a discussion forum, then they don’t know anymore than hou do. A third season of SGU is not in the cards, but a movie is still a possibility.

Spimman
April 6th, 2011, 07:32 AM
*Crosses Fingers*

Greenfire32
April 6th, 2011, 08:57 AM
Here's a slightly more promising quote from the same source:

Randomness writes: “For anyone thinking SGU will get a movie, see the most recent ratings.”

Answer: Said it before and I’ll say it again – the ratings will not impact a decision on the movie.

FrodoFraggins
April 6th, 2011, 12:02 PM
What exactly are people hoping for in a wrap-up movie? The most they could accomplish is to allow those that want to get home to return and the rest stay aboard. I guess the writers could let the ship find who left the cosmic message, but that couldn't be very well done in a single TV movie.

traylormatt
April 6th, 2011, 12:31 PM
I don't know. Given what the finale is meant to be, I can think of a few things that the film could possibly be. Obviously wont go into here for spoiler reasons. But could certainly be more than some get home, some stay on. Obviously it could be that too.

KEK
April 6th, 2011, 06:17 PM
Simon writes: “Speaking of SGU, any word from Brad about the movie(s)?”

4) Still no word. Sorry.

hal ehlrich writes: “Well I am crossing my fingers that a movie ends up coming out. Do you have any timeframe when they might be letting us know if and when it may happen?”

Answer: I don’t and I honestly feel it has to be sooner than later if we want to take advantage of actor availability.

Randomness writes: “Sorry Joe but I disagree about your comments about the ratings not effecting the movie.”

Answer: Disagree with me all you want. Regardless of whether this movie gets made or not, at the end of the day I’m someone who has worked on the franchise for over a decade and have access to certain information like, for instance, what variables are being considered in the decision-making process, and what variables aren’t (ie. ratings).

Randomness also writes: “…and Syfy on the verge of pulling the show off the air like they did with Caprica…”

Answer: Really? What’s the source of your information? Or is this merely an assumption on your part?

Randomness also writes: “Speaking of which, I really can’t understand why you, Paul, Carl etc have all joined the Transporter, all of you including Brad should of done a 4th Stargate series.”

Answer: Our focus was on SGU. Our plan was to continue the series, not set up a back-up spin-off. Rob left the franchise to pursue other projects. Paul and I said that if and when SGU ended, we would move on as well. Brad, who co-created all three shows and has been with the franchise longer than anyone, is looking to provide SGU fans with a satisfactory conclusion to the story of Destiny’s mission.

http://josephmallozzi.wordpress.com/2011/04/06/april-6-2011-im-back-in-silly-dog-outfits-splendido-mailbag/

Duneknight
April 7th, 2011, 03:01 AM
check out how people feel about LOST ending and BSG as well. And they had plenty of time to work out a good ending. Imagine how bad SGU's ending will be when its rushed into one movie that could possibly be about all three shows into one. Could be the most anti-climatic ending in history. Lets just leave it where it is.

KEK
April 7th, 2011, 08:42 AM
No thanks. They've had the ending planned out since the first season. It's just a case of getting there.

Ancient Scientist1
April 7th, 2011, 09:56 AM
What about the costs of the movie? After all, the cost to produce the SGU show is much more than the previous series (cause of all that gorgeous special effects).

And if not many people will watch the movie, if it gets produced, than how will they break even? (Just look at the current ratings for SGU.)

I'm all for a SGU movie, I just don't think it will happen. But you never know what may happen.

Tanith0709
April 7th, 2011, 10:09 AM
What about the costs of the movie? After all, the cost to produce the SGU show is much more than the previous series (cause of all that gorgeous special effects).

And if not many people will watch the movie, if it gets produced, than how will they break even? (Just look at the current ratings for SGU.)

I'm all for a SGU movie, I just don't think it will happen. But you never know what may happen.
Though new SGU episodes tend to get to the top of the Itunes download charts shortly after they air. Also according to: http://forum.gateworld.net/showthread.php?80530-Stargate-Universe-Beats-Snooki... its being talked about a lot in the social network world.

It's really open to speculation (especially since the DVD sales data hasn't been released) to judge if the show is popular enough to cover the costs of a potential movie. We sadly have been kept in the dark about the MGM side of things.

Duneknight
April 7th, 2011, 10:58 AM
The ending will suck hard regardless, there has yet to be a show similar to SGU that knew how to end itself.

KEK
April 7th, 2011, 10:59 AM
:rolleyes:

chrono trigger
April 7th, 2011, 05:19 PM
check out how people feel about LOST ending and BSG as well. And they had plenty of time to work out a good ending. Imagine how bad SGU's ending will be when its rushed into one movie that could possibly be about all three shows into one. Could be the most anti-climatic ending in history. Lets just leave it where it is.

you make a good point some shows planned endings have been horrific if sgu ends with a brilliant cliffhanger atleast you can leave the rest to your imagination.

the fifth man
April 7th, 2011, 06:25 PM
you make a good point some shows planned endings have been horrific if sgu ends with a brilliant cliffhanger atleast you can leave the rest to your imagination.

True, but I still want more.

siles
April 8th, 2011, 11:32 AM
The ending will suck hard regardless, there has yet to be a show similar to SGU that knew how to end itself.

Babylon 5! :D

hercthx
April 9th, 2011, 08:04 AM

first example that comes to mind here is Angel. the mother of all cliffhangers.

major davis
April 9th, 2011, 08:07 AM
first example that comes to mind here is Angel. the mother of all cliffhangers.

Well I mean... it can either be bittersweet or despressing. Though Enemy at the Gate might be the last atlantis we ever see, the "cliffhanger" was more bittersweet than depressing, but if SGU say ended with Incursion part 2, then that would have been outright depressing.

P-90_177
April 9th, 2011, 08:08 AM
I hope there's an SGU movie before they ever make an SGA movie................I would laugh. :P

Kanten
April 9th, 2011, 10:18 AM
This doesn't make me feel any better. Anything short of a third season is a disappointment to me.

A "wrap up" movie is a terrible idea in and of itself because the writers weren't allowed to develop the plot far enough to a point where it could be tied up. What would happen? They go back to Earth? That's not really the direction the story was going.

I would have to have at least maybe...3 or 4 movies in order for it to feel anywhere near satisfactory.

Ark of Truth felt incredibly rushed. One trying to tie up the entirety of SGU would be even more cramped.

garhkal
April 9th, 2011, 12:40 PM
Heck, half a dozen movies imo would be needed to properly resolve it.

Duneknight
April 9th, 2011, 12:46 PM
Heck, half a dozen movies imo would be needed to properly resolve it.

lol no just two movies. SGU didnt weave that many threads. As far as complicated storyarchs go, SGU is ranked at the very bottom.

Flyboy
April 9th, 2011, 01:08 PM
Indeed... realistically the only constraining point about Destiny's mission is time. That can EASILY be solved by a '2 years later...' at the start of the movie.

ahdvd
April 9th, 2011, 01:31 PM
I think the only way they could do a decent movie now and finish off the story would be like the star trek voyager finale and have it take place in two time periods, years in the future when the mission is achieved, and the other present day, then in the future, to prevent things from happening the way they have by that time (ie, badly, with people lost along the way, or the lucian alliance successfully attacking earth sometime) they find some way to manipulate past events or travel back in time.

Pond Hopper
April 9th, 2011, 02:48 PM
If they did do a "two years" later style movie I'd be very annoyed if Eli is still wearing that shirt after all that time.

the fifth man
April 9th, 2011, 08:13 PM
If they did do a "two years" later style movie I'd be very annoyed if Eli is still wearing that shirt after all that time.

None of them should still be wearing the clothes they are. Worn daily, there is no way they would have lasted like they have.

hercthx
April 9th, 2011, 08:16 PM
Indeed... realistically the only constraining point about Destiny's mission is time. That can EASILY be solved by a '2 years later...' at the start of the movie.
more like 3 years later

the fifth man
April 9th, 2011, 08:18 PM
more like 3 years later

Indeed!;)

hercthx
April 9th, 2011, 10:30 PM
hehe ;)

Ben 'Teal'c would WIN!!' Noble
April 10th, 2011, 08:03 AM
To wrap the series up in the same way they need at least 30 90 minute movies :D.

Having only 2 movies means IMO it will rush and ruin story arcs.

hercthx
April 10th, 2011, 08:59 AM
hmmm possibly ben, however as much as we like the dramatic aspect of the show, perhaps putting that aside, and focusing on the action aspect could shorten the storyline, and provide us with an action packed resolution. although I know I would gladly take 30 90 min movies anyday lol. but at the same time would not mind a few mind blowing action packed pew pew eyecandy fest films as well. heck pew pew is what stargate does best! as shown my a certain music fan vid.

Duneknight
April 10th, 2011, 09:01 AM
To wrap the series up in the same way they need at least 30 90 minute movies :D.

Having only 2 movies means IMO it will rush and ruin story arcs.

there isnt that much that needs to be resolved. other than discovering what the purpose of destiny is, what else was there than needs closure?

hercthx
April 10th, 2011, 10:48 AM
i myself would like to see the cause of why most of the planets have been desolate, stripped, and or abandoned. something has happened in this part of the universe. I still also hold out that ther are secrets pertaining to destiny's damage yet untold. this part of the universe just seems to be ravished to me, what happened?

metabog
April 10th, 2011, 11:06 AM
Meh.

Getting a movie is like getting one more episode and half, with a great possibility that it will be terrible and not solve any of the actual plot lines.

traylormatt
April 10th, 2011, 11:18 AM

Come on, this is stargate. "2 years later..." would then turn into 20 million years later at some point during the story, by the end of the film it will change to only be next Sunday.

traylormatt
April 10th, 2011, 11:26 AM
Meh.

Getting a movie is like getting one more episode and half, with a great possibility that it will be terrible and not solve any of the actual plot lines.

Hardly. A TV show runs at about 42 minutes. Both Continuum and Arc of Truth were both 1hr 30 mins, or 90 mins approximately, which is just over 2 episodes. Plus with films you do not need as much subplot taking up time during an episode, you can focus on the main story being told. Of course you need some sub plot before anyone gets annoyed, but the majority of the story can focus on the task at hand. Take "Seizure". Had there been none of that stuff going on between Perry and Rush then there could have been more time dedicated to the Langaran plot which affected everyone and not just a small amount of people on the ship. I know that the story between Rush and Perry may have some impact in the next few episode OR it may have been a lead to something happening in the never to be future episode. I was simply using it as an example. So 1 film could translate more into nearly 3 episode of information and action of only 1 direction.

Snowman37
April 10th, 2011, 11:27 AM
Getting a movie is like getting one more episode and half
No. A movie is equal to two-episodes filmed as a one, long episode on a larger budget. For example, compare either SG-1 film to SG-1's "Children of the Gods," "Lost City," SGA's "Rising," or SGU's "Air, Parts 1&2." A lot can happen in 90-100 minutes.

with a great possibility that it will be terrible and not solve any of the actual plot lines.
The same can be said about a serial. I haven't been watching SGU, because it's boring. With cancellation, most story lines won't get resolved. What's the difference?

Kanten
April 10th, 2011, 01:22 PM
Hardly. A TV show runs at about 42 minutes. Both Continuum and Arc of Truth were both 1hr 30 mins, or 90 mins approximately, which is just over 2 episodes. Plus with films you do not need as much subplot taking up time during an episode, you can focus on the main story being told.

Ark was rushed and Continuum might as well have been an episode.

traylormatt
April 10th, 2011, 02:09 PM
Ark was rushed and Continuum might as well have been an episode.

I didn't comment on the quality of the films. Simply that they were not equivalent to 1 and a half episodes is all. Each to their own opinion really on what they like or dislike.

garhkal
April 10th, 2011, 02:45 PM
None of them should still be wearing the clothes they are. Worn daily, there is no way they would have lasted like they have.

Hopefully by then, the SGC might have at least gotten off a supply mission to give them more of everything needed, including clothing!

i myself would like to see the cause of why most of the planets have been desolate, stripped, and or abandoned. something has happened in this part of the universe. I still also hold out that ther are secrets pertaining to destiny's damage yet untold. this part of the universe just seems to be ravished to me, what happened?

I think it might be linked to those drones we found..

As for length, i would LOVE to see them make it 2+ hrs..

Tanith0709
April 10th, 2011, 03:54 PM
For me personally I'd like a movie to:
1. Resolve the cliffhanger that the end of this season will leave us on.
2. Finding out what the message in the background radiation is and how it affects our view of the universe.
3. Finding a way home (Preferred but not necessary).

Alexandria7
April 10th, 2011, 07:46 PM
This snip taken from http://josephmallozzi.wordpress.com/.

Joseph Mallozzi's blog continue's to speak about some sort of European racing show/drama, and he goes on to continue to say that he suggested some of the 'stargate vets' for the new show in the works.

Full snip from the mailbag question:

yes and you should trust everything Mallozzi says because he is an official spokesman for MGM. just in case you didn't know I would take what he says with the same grain of salt he's recommending people to take about the no rumors. just being honest here.

traylormatt
April 11th, 2011, 01:05 AM
For me personally I'd like a movie to:
2. Finding out what the message in the background radiation is and how it affects our view of the universe.
3. Finding a way home (Preferred but not necessary).

I would like:

2. For them to find out how to get home or realise that this can't happen or the ship blows up. Just something that implies the mission is no more.
3. The background radiation would be good, IF it is done in a non "hey here is what it is and we are making up blah blah blah". If it has a genuinely good meaning behind it, believable, then Id like that. Otherwise I am just enjoying the journey and don't mind if it would never be revealed.

April 11th, 2011, 04:35 AM
What ever happens in the film it will still have to condense 3 seasons worth of plot into a short amount of time. Will they just skip to what would have been the season 5 finale?

Ukko
April 11th, 2011, 04:45 AM
I would like:

2. For them to find out how to get home or realise that this can't happen or the ship blows up. Just something that implies the mission is no more.
3. The background radiation would be good, IF it is done in a non "hey here is what it is and we are making up blah blah blah". If it has a genuinely good meaning behind it, believable, then Id like that. Otherwise I am just enjoying the journey and don't mind if it would never be revealed.

I would like to know who the folks who built that solar system are.

traylormatt
April 11th, 2011, 04:50 AM
I would like to know who the folks who built that solar system are.

Ah yes, that too. The stuff to do with the blue aliens and other aliens I can live without knowing a long back story to. But you're right. The planet builders would be cool to learn about. Maybe we will find out there is something to do with them and the radiation, perhaps they are the ones who started it all. But that is a discussion in another thread.

Shai Hulud
April 11th, 2011, 07:16 AM
The writers failed utterly to come up with anything that was convincing and interesting enough to get decent viewer figures for a character driven drama, what makes anyone think that they have the ability to put together a movie script that will be workable?

TBH im thinking this is just another attempt to squeeze out the final few drops of blood from the stone a la half season box sets.

The cash cow has been milked, I just wish they would uncouple the poor old girl from the milking machine before her udders are sucked inside out.

Flogging. A. Dead. Horse.

SGFerrit
April 11th, 2011, 08:07 AM
The writers failed utterly to come up with anything that was convincing and interesting enough to get decent viewer figures for a character driven drama, what makes anyone think that they have the ability to put together a movie script that will be workable?

TBH im thinking this is just another attempt to squeeze out the final few drops of blood from the stone a la half season box sets.

The cash cow has been milked, I just wish they would uncouple the poor old girl from the milking machine before her udders are sucked inside out.

The story was supposed to have an ending, which has now been cut short. Flogging a dead horse is where the story that was originally supposed to be told has been told and they continue to drag it out further to make more money. We want to see how the originally story was supposed to end.

hercthx
April 11th, 2011, 08:41 AM
yeah for those of us that followed the show, we need closure, even if it is epilogue-ish.

April 11th, 2011, 09:48 AM
Let's just blow the ship up at the end of this season.

There's your resolution :p.

KEK
April 11th, 2011, 03:05 PM
If the rumours are true, the 'cliffhanger' doesn't sound half bad.

garhkal
April 11th, 2011, 04:35 PM
Something more on those planet builders would be nice..

major davis
April 11th, 2011, 04:35 PM

Actually, if anything was a cash cow, it was SGA and SG-1.

And your logic is kind of flawed. The show might suffer because it gets 20 hours instead of 2. That way it allows for long character arcs, in a movie, you have less than 2 hours and have no choice but to get on with the story.

KEK
April 12th, 2011, 12:34 AM
Old news, but just got the clip of her comments now:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jkC-wgEAJLw

maxbo
April 12th, 2011, 01:24 AM

I agree that that the cash cow that is the Stargate franchise has been milked almost to death with SGU's failure. Floggin a dead horse indeed. And, if anyone wants to get an idea of just how bad an SGU movie could be, then look no further than SGA's last episode, the much too rushed, poorly set up, Enemy at the Gate.

I'm curious to hear what Brad Wright has to say at the con this week because, at this point, I also think that the only thing left for SGU is to try to keep interest from dropping any lower so that they can sell as many DVDs as possible. Even BW can't believe that he can get funding for an SGU movie with these ratings, so his responses to questions should be interesting.

KEK
April 12th, 2011, 01:43 AM
Ratings aren't an issue it seems.

maxbo
April 12th, 2011, 02:42 AM
Ratings aren't an issue it seems.

Yes, a very curious statement. Unless, BW is planning to fund most of the movie himself, I don't see how ratings would not be an issue.

Shai Hulud
April 12th, 2011, 02:50 AM
Yes, a very curious statement. Unless, BW is planning to fund most of the movie himself, I don't see how ratings would not be an issue.

Indeed. Doubt MGM would waste money they dont have on a proven failure. Perhaps if they changed the writers and involved people with successfull experience of the format then it would be worth a punt for a TV movie.

Gatefan1976
April 12th, 2011, 02:51 AM

I did suggest that last time KEK and I discussed this issue. Quite frankly, if ratings are not an issue, it is the only viable option I can think of as well. If he does so though, he'll have to buy/hire/whatever the rights to use the SGVerse as well.

KEK
April 12th, 2011, 03:15 AM

I'm guessing because ratings have little to no bearing of it's profitability. It's DVD and iTunes sales that matter, not people watching on TV in America.

maxbo
April 12th, 2011, 03:48 AM
I'm guessing because ratings have little to no bearing of it's profitability. It's DVD and iTunes sales that matter, not people watching on TV in America.

But SGU's DVD sales have been terrible and last I heard, iTunes sales don't generate that kind of profit - for any TV series, not just SGU. So, unless BW is funding this himself, I don't see how he can get money for an SGU movie.

I know you believe that no news is good news where SGU's DVD sales are concerned, but I don't buy that because if SGU's DVDs were selling well we would know it because BW and Co., MGM and Syfy would be promoting the hell out of good SGU DVD sales. Instead, there is silence (or deflection) from all concerned.

So, no new is bad news on that front. In any event, we should have some idea of what BW has in mind after his con appearance.

KEK
April 12th, 2011, 03:58 AM
But SGU's DVD sales have been terrible and last I heard,

We don't have any sales data whatsoever.

I know you believe that no news is good news where SGU's DVD sales are concerned,

Since when? I actually doubt that the show is selling that great, I just recognise that ultimately we have no evidence either way, let alone proof.

In any event, we should have some idea of what BW has in mind after his con appearance.

I doubt that very much. I'd be surprised if you got any response beyond 'we're still exploring all avenues' or 'we're making progress'. I suspect if they had any information they could share, they'd have done it already.

maxbo
April 12th, 2011, 04:41 AM
We don't have any sales data whatsoever.

Since when? I actually doubt that the show is selling that great, I just recognise that ultimately we have no evidence either way, let alone proof.

So, you now acknowledge that no sales data most likely means that SGU DVD sales are not great. Well, that's good to know because you used to argue that, because SGU was issued in several formats, it was difficult to calculate how many DVDs had been sold. Therefore it wasn't fair to say that SGU's sales weren't good.

I doubt that very much. I'd be surprised if you got any response beyond 'we're still exploring all avenues' or 'we're making progress'. I suspect if they had any information they could share, they'd have done it already.

If that's BW's plan, then it would be best if he just cancelled because we've already heard every possible variation of those responses.

I'll admit that I keep expecting to hear that he's cancelled, but if he does show up I think he's savvy enough to realize that he should have more to say than what we've already heard. For instance, does he have any other projects in the works? So far, all the other exec producers have moved on, but I haven't heard about anything new from BW.

jelgate
April 12th, 2011, 04:56 AM
So, you now acknowledge that no sales data most likely means that SGU DVD sales are not great. Well, that's good to know because you used to argue that, because SGU was issued in several formats, it was difficult to calculate how many DVDs had been sold. Therefore it wasn't fair to say that SGU's sales weren't good.

If that's BW's plan, then it would be best if he just cancelled because we've already heard every possible variation of those responses.

I'll admit that I keep expecting to hear that he's cancelled, but if he does show up I think he's savvy enough to realize that he should have more to say than what we've already heard. For instance, does he have any other projects in the works? So far, all the other exec producers have moved on, but I haven't heard about anything new from BW.
Only about the top 10 or 20 DVDs for the week are reported never mind some stores like WalMart don't even report their sale

KEK
April 12th, 2011, 04:58 AM
So, you now acknowledge that no sales data most likely means that SGU DVD sales are not great.

No. I say that because when asked about the sales, Mallozzi simply said that the market had taken a hit across the board. The lack of sales data doesn't necessarily mean anything, the show could potentially be selling better than SG-1 or Atlantis without making any of those list, however unlikely that may be.

Well, that's good to know because you used to argue that, because SGU was issued in several formats, it was difficult to calculate how many DVDs had been sold. Therefore it wasn't fair to say that SGU's sales weren't good.

That's still the case. It is unfair to say that the sales aren't good, because we don't know whether they are or not. It's still just guesswork on our part.

I doubt his appearance has anything to do with his plans for an SGU continuation.

I may have misread, but I thought he was only going to be signing autographs or something?

jdog
April 12th, 2011, 09:07 AM
forgive me if this is in another thread but couldnt find it.

So

no more sg1 movies
atlantis is dead and no movies
and now sgu is off the air

I assume this means they are killing the franchise or is there a star trek style reboot coming down the line?

hedwig
April 12th, 2011, 09:10 AM
Unknown at this point.

carmencatalina
April 12th, 2011, 09:15 AM

SGU isn't off the air yet - there are still 4 more new episodes.

But after that, yes, seems dead to me.

jdog
April 12th, 2011, 09:15 AM
anyone think the possiblity of a miniseries with all the sg's mixed together would be desired or possible?

carmencatalina
April 12th, 2011, 09:16 AM
Wouldn't be desired by me, I would much rather just have some sort of continuation of SGU.

jelgate
April 12th, 2011, 09:24 AM
Only time will tell. Right now it looks like nothing will happen but who knows what the future will hold

chrono trigger
April 12th, 2011, 09:32 AM
anyone think the possiblity of a miniseries with all the sg's mixed together would be desired or possible?

i would rather they didnt mix all three into one mini series as that would please no one really if you think about it. i just want more sg1 films but i hope sga and sgu get their own conclusion aswell but i doubt any of us will get what we want sadly.:(

magictrick
April 12th, 2011, 09:36 AM
No. I can sum that up in one word - disastrous.

Hyndara71
April 12th, 2011, 11:01 AM

SGA and SG1 surely. No interest in SGU in the mix.

LtColCarter
April 12th, 2011, 12:04 PM
forgive me if this is in another thread but couldnt find it.

So

no more sg1 movies
atlantis is dead and no movies

I assume this means they are killing the franchise or is there a star trek style reboot coming down the line?

The future is unknown...but I say its not dead as long as there are loyal fans.

Replicator Todd
April 12th, 2011, 12:22 PM
I do not believe Stargate is dead. But we will see.

Commander Zelix
April 12th, 2011, 12:25 PM
Hopefully, there will be a new Stargate series down the line. Even the BSG franchise had a flop with it's Caprica 'character drama' series. Now they have announced a new series Blood and Chromes getting BSG back to it's roots. I like crime dramas and earth based sci-fi shows, but I love the escapism and original settings for stories of shows like Stargate. There can be so much possibilities story wise. Too many shows resemble one another on TV.

SaberBlade
April 12th, 2011, 12:27 PM
I don't think it's dead. I'm hoping once MGM start pulling in the profits from Bond and Hobbit, they'll be able to fund further SG movies.

thekillman
April 12th, 2011, 12:47 PM
the series can mix. but SG1 and SGA fit better into SGU than vice versa.

lordofseas
April 12th, 2011, 01:10 PM
What are we, psychics?

anaberration
April 12th, 2011, 01:50 PM
What are we, psychics?

More like psycho !

Gatefan1976
April 12th, 2011, 03:16 PM

I disagree with you here Killman. One common complaint about the crossovers of old characters is that they don't "feel right" to some (and they feel just fine to others to be sure). SGU's entire tenor is too different IMO to create a successful blend of shows/characters in that scenario.

majorsal
April 12th, 2011, 03:30 PM
IF there was ever a combo movie, i'd like it in the sg1-atlantis style, but including finishing sgu's storyline.

Tanith0709
April 12th, 2011, 03:57 PM
The only way it would work in my opinion would be as a parody episode (like '200').

SGU is just too different to work with the other 2 and fans would be annoyed at one shows storyline getting precedence over the others. If money is going to be spent on anything Stargate related then it should be on the intended movies.

KEK
April 12th, 2011, 04:36 PM
Small mention from Mike Dopud:

But Dopud doesn’t want his “SGU” experience to be over just yet. “I still hope that we can get a movie or something going and that I will be part of it,” he said. “I think the fans deserve it.”

http://www.baltimoresun.com/entertainment/redeye-mike-dopud-stargate-universe-20110411,0,6177700.story

chrono trigger
April 12th, 2011, 04:48 PM

this is why it would never work because why should sg1/sga have to fit into the style of an unsuccessful installment of the franchise? it makes no sense.

Commander Zelix
April 12th, 2011, 05:32 PM
this is why it would never work because why should sg1/sga have to fit into the style of an unsuccessful installment of the franchise? it makes no sense.
While it's a bit true SG1/SGA style fit better in SGU than vice versa, it is because SG1 and SGA also did a lot of more dramatic and serious episodes and moments during their series. Those 2 series had that ability to switch between style according to the story and make it work on many level.

So there's no problem doing an SG1/SGA/SGU movie with the tone of SGU adding some character humor and background in it. SG1 and SGA already did that before.

Adrian_Jackson
April 12th, 2011, 06:29 PM
While it's a bit true SG1/SGA style fit better in SGU than vice versa, it is because SG1 and SGA also did a lot of more dramatic and serious episodes and moments during their series. Those 2 series had that ability to switch between style according to the story and make it work on many level.

So there's no problem doing an SG1/SGA/SGU movie with the tone of SGU adding some character humor and background in it. SG1 and SGA already did that before.

Ignoring a crossover movie, if the SG-1 and SGA films get made, I would be interested in seeing what aspects of SGU carry over into that type of storytelling (darker character actions, more realistic storytelling) and visual presentation (shakycam, color correction), if any.

Mr Evil 37
April 13th, 2011, 12:44 AM

I'm sorry, but how is forty episodes of top-notch quality (i.e. better than most episodes of SG-1 and Atlantis in my opinion) considered "unsuccessful"?

Gatefan1976
April 13th, 2011, 01:02 AM
I'm sorry, but how is forty episodes of top-notch quality (i.e. better than most episodes of SG-1 and Atlantis in my opinion) considered "unsuccessful"?

Umm, because SG1 has over 200 and SGA has 100 respectively before they ended?
Umm, it was the only Stargate series ended because it was a commercial failure more than anything else.
Umm, because the likelyhood of anything more stargate related has fallen because of it
Need I go on??

EDIT: I am not talking quality here, I'm talking commercial viability and success.

RealmOfX
April 13th, 2011, 01:14 AM
No thanks. They've had the ending planned out since the first season. It's just a case of getting there.

No they haven't. They had an idea that they wanted to run for 5 years and an idea how to end it, there was never a plan (detailed or otherwise) of any kind. These guys have always made things up as they go along and have openly sneered at planning and keeping a show bible. They wing it week to week and for any suckers that believe Joe I've got this great bridge for sale ;)

RealmOfX
April 13th, 2011, 01:19 AM
Though new SGU episodes tend to get to the top of the Itunes download charts shortly after they air. Also according to: http://forum.gateworld.net/showthread.php?80530-Stargate-Universe-Beats-Snooki... its being talked about a lot in the social network world.

It's really open to speculation (especially since the DVD sales data hasn't been released) to judge if the show is popular enough to cover the costs of a potential movie. We sadly have been kept in the dark about the MGM side of things.

As for the Social networking charts that doesn't really say much does it, go look at what they measure and how they measure it. It's like any internet poll, open to a small group making a big noise which in reality means squat.

As for the DVD sales we KNOW they aren't good because they have NEVER made the charts like other series have.

KEK
April 13th, 2011, 02:25 AM
No they haven't. They had an idea that they wanted to run for 5 years and an idea how to end it, there was never a plan (detailed or otherwise) of any kind.

They sat down and planned out the ending to the show during season one, this has been commented on by both Joe Mallozzi and Rob Cooper.

They wing it week to week and for any suckers that believe Joe I've got this great bridge for sale

Pardon me if I take the word of an executive producer for the show over than ramblings of conspiracy theorising fans on the interweb. :rolleyes:

As for the DVD sales we KNOW they aren't good because they have NEVER made the charts like other series have.

We don't know anything of the sort. Season one was spread of 6 different releases, even with none of the making the lists they could still have overall sold very well. I doubt they have of course, but we still don't know that they haven't.

RealmOfX
April 13th, 2011, 02:47 AM
They sat down and planned out the ending to the show during season one, this has been commented on by both Joe Mallozzi and Rob Cooper.

Yes it was commented on during S2 when it was obvious the show was in trouble. Strange that it was never mentioned before then especially when Coop was doing an interview on the future of SGU towards the end of S1.

Pardon me if I take the word of an executive producer for the show over than ramblings of conspiracy theorising fans on the interweb. :rolleyes:

It's a real pity you didn't pay attention to the same executive producer/s in the preceding years otherwise you would know it isn't conspiracy theory stuff, these guys say whatever off the cuff even if they contradict themselves.

We don't know anything of the sort. Season one was spread of 6 different releases, even with none of the making the lists they could still have overall sold very well. I doubt they have of course, but we still don't know that they haven't.

Oh please! How stupid do you think people are? IF they were selling very well they would have hit the bottom of the charts at least once, they haven't. The silence is deafening - the first BIG clue that they are NOT doing very well.

maxbo
April 13th, 2011, 02:51 AM

Yes, 40 is a good amount of episodes, but SGU was intended to go beyond 40 episodes. One of the reasons given for ending SGA's run and going with SGU was that SGU was expected to last longer than the 2 additional seasons that BW believed SGA could have gone.

In addition, he was was hoping that SGU would be the first SG series to get the kind of mainstream critical acclaim that BSG had received. Since SGU didn't hit either of those goals, it's considered unsuccessful.

KEK
April 13th, 2011, 03:05 AM
Yes it was commented on during S2 when it was obvious the show was in trouble. Strange that it was never mentioned before then especially when Coop was doing an interview on the future of SGU towards the end of S1.

It was commented on either before season 1, or before season 2, because the interview it was mentioned in (by Rob Cooper at least) was at Comicon. I'm not sure when Joe commented on it though.

It's a real pity you didn't pay attention to the same executive producer/s in the preceding years otherwise you would know it isn't conspiracy theory stuff, these guys say whatever off the cuff even if they contradict themselves.

I've been reading his blog for about 5 years, probably more. It's usually the paraphrased comments that contradict each other, a bit like when people went mental over Joe apparently saying that Carson wouldn't be coming back as a clone, only to be left red-faced when someone actually dug up the quote.

Oh please! How stupid do you think people are? IF they were selling very well they would have hit the bottom of the charts at least once,

Not necessarily.

The silence is deafening - the first BIG clue that they are NOT doing very well.

I never said they're selling well, in fact I made a point of saying that I don't think they are, my point is that we don't know for sure either way, which we don't.

RealmOfX
April 13th, 2011, 04:42 AM
It was commented on either before season 1, or before season 2, because the interview it was mentioned in (by Rob Cooper at least) was at Comicon. I'm not sure when Joe commented on it though.

I've been reading his blog for about 5 years, probably more. It's usually the paraphrased comments that contradict each other, a bit like when people went mental over Joe apparently saying that Carson wouldn't be coming back as a clone, only to be left red-faced when someone actually dug up the quote.

Not necessarily.

I never said they're selling well, in fact I made a point of saying that I don't think they are, my point is that we don't know for sure either way, which we don't.

:rolleyes: Yes we do know for sure that they aren't doing very well because if they were they would have hit the bottom of the charts. They also would appear high up in the ranks of yearly sales at major outlets.

It's a very nonsensical argument you've been putting out there for ages "no one knows the exact details, therefore they could be doing very well". Nope, there are public indicators of doing very well and SGU just isn't hitting any of them.

maxbo
April 13th, 2011, 05:08 AM

Before the ratings hid the skids, the most that was mentioned was that they had an idea of how they wanted SGU to end. I don't know which Comicon interview you saw, but below is a link to a 2010 Comicon interview with Robert Cooper where he confirmed that there wasn't a detailed plan for SGU. In fact, his response to the claim that writers of other shows have "5-year plans" or have each season planned in advance was "bull****".

Here's the link:

Collider.com's Interview of Robert Cooper at 2010 Comicon

http://collider.com/comic-con-interview-robert-cooper-stargate-universe-video-interview/42181/

The most he admitted to was that they had "an idea" of where SGU was going and how they wanted it to end if it went 5 seasons. He also makes some pretty bizarre claims about SGU's popularity. Strange.

You claim to have read JM's blog for years, yet you never seem to find in fault in his inconsistencies. I've noticed that whenever someone presents proof of the inconsistencies of JM & Co., you either ignore them or try to excuse them.

We know they weren't selling well because if any of the 6 (?) DVD editions had sold enough to make it on any of the sales charts, then someone would have been tasked with making sure that the word got out. Yet, the silence on this front continues.

chrono trigger
April 13th, 2011, 05:28 AM

well as you said the quality of the episodes is your personal opinion but it doesnt change the fact that the show has been unsuccessful where it matters and by that i mean ratings and also international popularity which has declined for this stargate.

Umm, because SG1 has over 200 and SGA has 100 respectively before they ended?
Umm, it was the only Stargate series ended because it was a commercial failure more than anything else.
Umm, because the likelyhood of anything more stargate related has fallen because of it
Need I go on??

EDIT: I am not talking quality here, I'm talking commercial viability and success.

Yes, 40 is a good amount of episodes, but SGU was intended to go beyond 40 episodes. One of the reasons given for ending SGA's run and going with SGU was that SGU was expected to last longer than the 2 additional seasons that BW believed SGA could have gone.

In addition, he was was hoping that SGU would be the first SG series to get the kind of mainstream critical acclaim that BSG had received. Since SGU didn't hit either of those goals, it's considered unsuccessful.

this two give a better answer than me.:D

Tanith0709
April 13th, 2011, 05:37 AM
Think KEK is trying to get across is that with SGU's first season the amount of sales are spread across 6 different editions (most shows don't tend to have as many). For a fair judge on how well the season as a whole sells you would need to add together the amount of sales for all editions (for both DVD & Bluray) but the charts don't work like that.

Think of it like this;
Most shows tend to release a single DVD & Bluray edition = Whole pie.
SGU was spread over more editions = Pieces of the pie.

What we don't know is if how well SGU would of rated if you added the pieces of the pie together.

RealmOfX
April 13th, 2011, 05:49 AM
Think KEK is trying to get across is that with SGU's first season the amount of sales are spread across 6 different editions (most shows don't tend to have as many). For a fair judge on how well the season as a whole sells you would need to add together the amount of sales for all editions but the charts don't work like that.

Rubbish, other shows have multiple releases too it's not something that is unique to SGU.

RealmOfX
April 13th, 2011, 05:52 AM
Before the ratings hid the skids, the most that was mentioned was that they had an idea of how they wanted SGU to end. I don't know which Comicon interview you saw, but below is a link to a 2010 Comicon interview with Robert Cooper where he confirmed that there wasn't a detailed plan for SGU. In fact, his response to the claim that writers of other shows have "5-year plans" or have each season planned in advance was "bull****".

Here's the link:

Thanks for the link, that is the interview I was talking about but couldn't find the link.

KEK
April 13th, 2011, 04:36 PM
:rolleyes: Yes we do know for sure that they aren't doing very well because if they were they would have hit the bottom of the charts.

I've explained many times how they could be both selling well overall, and never making it on to any of those lists. I don't think that they are however, I just acknowledge that we don't know for sure, and recognise the difference between probability and fact.

It's a very nonsensical argument you've been putting out there for ages "no one knows the exact details, therefore they could be doing very well". Nope, there are public indicators of doing very well and SGU just isn't hitting any of them.

That's not proof though, is it? And it's not a nonsensical argument either, it's basic logic. Hypothetically they could have all sold 20k each, which on their own would be a pitiful amount not worthy of any rankings, but together it would be 120k units sold. Like I said, I don't believe this to be the case, I'm just pointing out how it's possible, and why therefore we can't know for sure how well they did.

KEK
April 13th, 2011, 04:44 PM

Here's the link:

http://collider.com/comic-con-interview-robert-cooper-stargate-universe-video-interview/42181/

The most he admitted to was that they had "an idea" of where SGU was going and how they wanted it to end if it went 5 seasons. He also makes some pretty bizarre claims about SGU's popularity. Strange.

If you follow the discussion, I never said they had the 5 seasons planned out, only that they know how they want to end the show and that a movie would just be a case of getting there. I'll concede they may not have planned it out in detail until early season 2, but I don't buy that they only did it because the show was in trouble. In fact I'm not sure why that was brought up at all, the original point of contention was that they had the finale planned out, not when or why they did it.

You claim to have read JM's blog for years, yet you never seem to find in fault in his inconsistencies. I've noticed that whenever someone presents proof of the inconsistencies of JM & Co., you either ignore them or try to excuse them.

Because 90% of the time these contradictions are just misquotes and paraphrased comments by hysterical fans, the other 9% are second hand information he has relayed that turns out to be vaguely embellished at worst, and the rest is actually contradictory and he explains it on his blog later, like the Torri situation.

It's also very interesting that people only bleat about him being a liar when he says something they don't like, yet when he says something that suits their argument they have no qualms with taking his word for it at all. I, on the other hand am pretty consistent in trusting what he says. I've seen next to no reason not to.

We know they weren't selling well because if any of the 6 (?) DVD editions had sold enough to make it on any of the sales charts, then someone would have been tasked with making sure that the word got out. Yet, the silence on this front continues.

As I've explained, the show could have sold great without any of the six releases making it onto the chart. I don't believe it did, but the possibility remains.

RealmOfX
April 13th, 2011, 05:03 PM
I've explained many times how they could be both selling well overall, and never making it on to any of those lists. I don't think that they are however, I just acknowledge that we don't know for sure, and recognise the difference between probability and fact.

That's not proof though, is it? And it's not a nonsensical argument either, it's basic logic. Hypothetically they could have all sold 20k each, which on their own would be a pitiful amount not worthy of any rankings, but together it would be 120k units sold. Like I said, I don't believe this to be the case, I'm just pointing out how it's possible, and why therefore we can't know for sure how well they did.

<sigh> and collectively that amount is not doing very well.

Pharaoh Atem
April 13th, 2011, 05:04 PM
yeah for those of us that followed the show, we need closure, even if it is epilogue-ish.

indeed

KEK
April 13th, 2011, 05:25 PM
<sigh> and collectively that amount is not doing very well.

It's more than Atlantis ever managed in it's first week. And yes, I realise the margins aren't quite as good when it's split between 6 releases instead of 1, but even so, it would still be decent.

RealmOfX
April 13th, 2011, 06:10 PM
It's more than Atlantis ever managed in it's first week. And yes, I realise the margins aren't quite as good when it's split between 6 releases instead of 1, but even so, it would still be decent.

so now you are downgrading from very well to decent?
SGU does not do very well, if it did we would see indications of it and hear the crowing of the PR people. The silence is deafening.

major davis
April 13th, 2011, 06:18 PM
SGU does not do very well, if it did we would see indications of it and hear the crowing of the PR people. The silence is deafening.

She does have a point. You heard everyone in season 1.0... parading SGUs numbers... the last thing I heard about SGU doing decently well was Joe talking about Intervention's itunes sales and ratings (about how they were down across the board).

However, hope made it to #3 on itunes just 2 weeks ago.. SGU rarely makes it that hi, so there is still life.. and the hunt had a 200k uptick. Problem is it was so low in the first place. :D

Tanith0709
April 13th, 2011, 06:20 PM
Might be wrong here but wouldn't MGM be the only ones with the direct access to those sales figures?

They sadly have been rather silent regarding any Stargate related news or developments since the cancellation (Which they didn't even officially announce).

KEK
April 13th, 2011, 06:21 PM

I was trying to avoid a pointless debate into how the reduced profit margins could have made it sell OK instead of great, but for arguments sake even if they lost 50% of their profit margin because of the 6 release split with those hypothetical numbers, it would still have been the equivalent to what SGA pulled for season 2.

The point stands either way though as the original bone of contention was that we know that the show sold poorly, which of course we don't. Decent sales wouldn't have provoked a fan-fair, but they wouldn't have been poor either.

OdysseyBC304
April 13th, 2011, 06:48 PM
SyFy would not have issues if it stopped producing poor movies and tv series and SGU would be given a third season

RealmOfX
April 13th, 2011, 07:05 PM
SyFy would not have issues if it stopped producing poor movies and tv series and SGU would be given a third season

If you'd bothered to check the numbers then you would find that Syfy does not have issues.

SGU however does, very few people want to watch it. SGU does so badly that reruns regularly beat it.

maxbo
April 14th, 2011, 01:35 AM
If you follow the discussion, I never said they had the 5 seasons planned out, only that they know how they want to end the show and that a movie would just be a case of getting there. I'll concede they may not have planned it out in detail until early season 2, but I don't buy that they only did it because the show was in trouble. In fact I'm not sure why that was brought up at all, the original point of contention was that they had the finale planned out, not when or why they did it.

I have been following this discussion. You claimed that BW & Co had "sat down and planned out the ending to the show during season one" even though this wasn't mentioned until season 2, after the show was clearly in trouble. In fact, it wasn't until just before the cancellation that JM came out with the claim that SGU was a "5-year story" with a "beginning, middle and an end" that could be ended in one season.

http://www.gateworld.net/news/2010/11/mallozzi-stargate-universe-is-a-5-year-story/

Yeah, a 5-year plan that could be completed in 1 year. Translation: we want at least 3 more years, but we'll take one year at this point. Again, the point of that claim was to try to save the show from cancellation. The claim that their "5-year" story could be completed in 1 year was clearly a way of trying to get at least one more year to build an audience.

If there had been a 5-year plan, it would have been mentioned at some time during their numerous pre-season 1 interviews. There is absolutely nothing to support this 5-year plan's existence until they came up with it to try save their jobs. However, we did see evidence to the contrary, both on screen and in Rob Cooper's 2010 ComiCon interview where he said that such pre-planning was "BS".

This is just another instance of how bad these guys are at PR. You would think that at least one of them would try to address the conflict between the "5-year plan" claim and Rob Cooper's calling long-term planning "BS".

Because 90% of the time these contradictions are just misquotes and paraphrased comments by hysterical fans, the other 9% are second hand information he has relayed that turns out to be vaguely embellished at worst, and the rest is actually contradictory and he explains it on his blog later, like the Torri situation.

That's not true because you support BW & Co, no matter what. You're just their kind of fan because it doesn't matter how often they contradict themselves, you'll believe them. So please, don't try to tell me that you don't believe the criticisms because of misquotes and paraphrasing.

As for the Torri situation, he didn't say much about it - which was as it should have been, so there was never any correction needed. Wait a minute... now that I think about it, he did contradict himself because at one time he said that Torri loved the script and then he said that she never saw the script before she decided not to return. So, it was the usual JM doublespeak after all.

It's also very interesting that people only bleat about him being a liar when he says something they don't like, yet when he says something that suits their argument they have no qualms with taking his word for it at all. I, on the other hand am pretty consistent in trusting what he says. I've seen next to no reason not to.

Yes, you've been consistently "trusting" of whatever JM wants you to believe and considering how much the man contradicts himself I find that rather disturbing. In your need to believe in him - you're been consistent in your disregard of anything that doesn't support your rosy view of him.

As for considering JM a liar, he's seen that way because he has lied. Most recently regarding a con last year where he came out blasting "SGA" fans (yes, just "SGA" fans) for attacking an SGU actress - even though this never happened. And then when he was contacted (more than once) by one of the con officials to provide clarification or proof, he didn't even have the decency to apologize. Instead, he just tried to pretend that he had never lied and waited until things blew over. It was sad to see his fanboys/girls make fools of themselves by supporting him because of their belief that he wouldn't stoop so low and lie about something as serious as that.

I find it interesting that you do the very thing that you accuse his critics of doing - zero in on what he says that supports your opinion and then overlook or ignore the rest. You don't see his inconsistencies because you don't even acknowledge them.

Wait a minute... what? After going on and on about how we don't know how many DVDs SGU sold are you now saying that SGU's DVDs sold better than SGA's? What?!

Hmmm... I don't know, I may have heard the occasional cricket. :mckay:

Might be wrong here but wouldn't MGM be the only ones with the direct access to those sales figures?

They sadly have been rather silent regarding any Stargate related news or developments since the cancellation (Which they didn't even officially announce).

Yes, MGM should have these figures and I find their silence about future plans for the franchise concerning. I know MGM just emerged from bankruptcy, but how much time would it take to make an official comment about Stargate. After all, they did acknowledge the franchise's importance to them during the bankruptcy proceedings and that was just a short time ago.

I was trying to avoid a pointless debate into how the reduced profit margins could have made it sell OK instead of great, but for arguments sake even if they lost 50% of their profit margin because of the 6 release split with those hypothetical numbers, it would still have been the equivalent to what SGA pulled for season 2.

The point stands either way though as the original bone of contention was that we know that the show sold poorly, which of course we don't. Decent sales wouldn't have provoked a fan-fair, but they wouldn't have been poor either.

So, again, although you don't know anything about SGU's sales, you think SGU could have sold more than SGA. You have a lot of trouble admitting that no news is bad news for SGU sales, but you have no problem theorizing that SGU could have sold better than SGA.

Dude, these illogical leaps are making me dizzy. :S

KEK
April 14th, 2011, 03:18 AM
I see we're back to debating the poster and not the post. OK, here we go.

That's not true because you support BW & Co, no matter what. You're just their kind of fan because it doesn't matter how often they contradict themselves, you'll believe them. So please, don't try to tell me that you don't believe the criticisms because of misquotes and paraphrasing.

Wait, so you're seriously going to sit there and tell me what I think? Yikes. Concocting conspiracy theories about supposedly lying producers is one thing, but that just takes the piss. I believe what the producers say because I have reason to, and little to no reason not to.

And I do take the criticisms of him with a pinch of salt yes, mainly because they almost always completely fall apart under scrutiny. Someone paraphrases a comment and posts it in their sad little hate site or hate thread and all of the little drones there eat it up as fact. It then gets warped to the point where it's basically just a lie, and then when they use it as an argument they're left red faced when someone posts the actual quote.

Does he spin things? Yeah of course he does, you'd have to be naive to think otherwise. But does he sit there fretting about what fandom is thinking, making up lies to appease them and make himself look good even when his colleagues can easily call him out on it? Of course not. Honestly, sometimes I just feel embarrassed for the people than make some of that stuff up. It gets beyond retarded at times.

Wait a minute... now that I think about it, he did contradict himself because at one time he said that Torri loved the script and then he said that she never saw the script before she decided not to return. So, it was the usual JM doublespeak after all.

That was the contradiction I was referring to, after which he posted some clarification when a few posters went hysterical.

Yes, you've been consistently "trusting" of whatever JM wants you to believe and considering how much the man contradicts himself I find that rather disturbing. In your need to believe in him - you're been consistent in your disregard of anything that doesn't support your rosy view of him.

I believe what he says when I have absolutely no reason not to, which is most of the time. I'm consistent in my approach to the info he shares. What's your excuse for believing the bits you like, but then dismissing the bits you don't as lies?

As for considering JM a liar, he's seen that way because he has lied. Most recently regarding a con last year where he came out blasting "SGA" fans (yes, just "SGA" fans) for attacking an SGU actress - even though this never happened. And then when he was contacted (more than once) by one of the con officials to provide clarification or proof, he didn't even have the decency to apologize. Instead, he just tried to pretend that he had never lied and waited until things blew over. It was sad to see his fanboys/girls make fools of themselves by supporting him because of their belief that he wouldn't stoop so low and lie about something as serious as that.

It was second hand information. What was he meant to do? Call out one of his colleagues as a liar/embellisher on his blog? Or just let it blow over? I know which most people would do. There was a bit of hostility toward Alaina by the way, though it was at a different Con.

I find it interesting that you do the very thing that you accuse his critics of doing - zero in on what he says that supports your opinion and then overlook or ignore the rest. You don't see his inconsistencies because you don't even acknowledge them.

I've acknowledged two difference inconsistencies so far, what others am I supposedly ignoring?

Wait a minute... what? After going on and on about how we don't know how many DVDs SGU sold are you now saying that SGU's DVDs sold better than SGA's? What?!

No, that's not what I said. Again, you need to follow the conversation. I provided RealmOfX with a hypothetical way in which the first season of SGU could sell 120k in it's first week without making any of those lists, she then said those numbers were poor, and I pointed out that they are better than SGA has ever done.

So, again, although you don't know anything about SGU's sales, you think SGU could have sold more than SGA.

That depends what you mean. I certainly don't think it did sell better than SGA, I was just proving how it could have done.