This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

SGU's potential future

This snip taken from http://josephmallozzi.wordpress.com/.

Joseph Mallozzi's blog continue's to speak about some sort of European racing show/drama, and he goes on to continue to say that he suggested some of the 'stargate vets' for the new show in the works.

Full snip from the mailbag question:

Ulrike Tannenberg writes: “Someone commented a few days ago that the chances for a 3.season are zero (sad, but I knew that) and the chances for a movie are almost zero (that was new to me and totally shocked me, as it is/was something of a last hope). So the question is: is it true – almost no chance for a SGU-movie?”

Answer: Someone commented? Was this someone an official spokesperson for MGM? If so, then they would know. If, on the other hand, that someone was some nameless noob on a discussion forum, then they don’t know anymore than hou do. A third season of SGU is not in the cards, but a movie is still a possibility.

*Crosses Fingers*
    sigpic

Comment

Here's a slightly more promising quote from the same source:

Randomness writes: “For anyone thinking SGU will get a movie, see the most recent ratings.”

Answer: Said it before and I’ll say it again – the ratings will not impact a decision on the movie.
      sigpic
      ____I reserve the right to be completely wrong about any topic I post on.

Comment

What exactly are people hoping for in a wrap-up movie? The most they could accomplish is to allow those that want to get home to return and the rest stay aboard. I guess the writers could let the ship find who left the cosmic message, but that couldn't be very well done in a single TV movie.
        Babylon 5 - Farscape - Lost - Deadwood - Rome - Carnivale - Dexter - Sopranos - The Wire

Comment

I don't know. Given what the finale is meant to be, I can think of a few things that the film could possibly be. Obviously wont go into here for spoiler reasons. But could certainly be more than some get home, some stay on. Obviously it could be that too.

Comment

Simon writes: “Speaking of SGU, any word from Brad about the movie(s)?”

4) Still no word. Sorry.

hal ehlrich writes: “Well I am crossing my fingers that a movie ends up coming out. Do you have any timeframe when they might be letting us know if and when it may happen?”

Answer: I don’t and I honestly feel it has to be sooner than later if we want to take advantage of actor availability.

Randomness writes: “Sorry Joe but I disagree about your comments about the ratings not effecting the movie.”

Answer: Disagree with me all you want. Regardless of whether this movie gets made or not, at the end of the day I’m someone who has worked on the franchise for over a decade and have access to certain information like, for instance, what variables are being considered in the decision-making process, and what variables aren’t (ie. ratings).

Randomness also writes: “…and Syfy on the verge of pulling the show off the air like they did with Caprica…”

Answer: Really? What’s the source of your information? Or is this merely an assumption on your part?

Randomness also writes: “Speaking of which, I really can’t understand why you, Paul, Carl etc have all joined the Transporter, all of you including Brad should of done a 4th Stargate series.”

Answer: Our focus was on SGU. Our plan was to continue the series, not set up a back-up spin-off. Rob left the franchise to pursue other projects. Paul and I said that if and when SGU ended, we would move on as well. Brad, who co-created all three shows and has been with the franchise longer than anyone, is looking to provide SGU fans with a satisfactory conclusion to the story of Destiny’s mission.
            http://josephmallozzi.wordpress.com/...ndido-mailbag/

Comment

check out how people feel about LOST ending and BSG as well. And they had plenty of time to work out a good ending. Imagine how bad SGU's ending will be when its rushed into one movie that could possibly be about all three shows into one. Could be the most anti-climatic ending in history. Lets just leave it where it is.
              sigpic

Comment

No thanks. They've had the ending planned out since the first season. It's just a case of getting there.

Comment

What about the costs of the movie? After all, the cost to produce the SGU show is much more than the previous series (cause of all that gorgeous special effects).

And if not many people will watch the movie, if it gets produced, than how will they break even? (Just look at the current ratings for SGU.)

I'm all for a SGU movie, I just don't think it will happen. But you never know what may happen.
                  There is always one.

Comment

Originally posted by Ancient Scientist1 View Post
                    What about the costs of the movie? After all, the cost to produce the SGU show is much more than the previous series (cause of all that gorgeous special effects).

And if not many people will watch the movie, if it gets produced, than how will they break even? (Just look at the current ratings for SGU.)

I'm all for a SGU movie, I just don't think it will happen. But you never know what may happen.
                    Though new SGU episodes tend to get to the top of the Itunes download charts shortly after they air. Also according to: http://forum.gateworld.net/showthrea...e-Beats-Snooki... its being talked about a lot in the social network world.

It's really open to speculation (especially since the DVD sales data hasn't been released) to judge if the show is popular enough to cover the costs of a potential movie. We sadly have been kept in the dark about the MGM side of things.

Comment

The ending will suck hard regardless, there has yet to be a show similar to SGU that knew how to end itself.
                      sigpic

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by Duneknight View Post
                          check out how people feel about LOST ending and BSG as well. And they had plenty of time to work out a good ending. Imagine how bad SGU's ending will be when its rushed into one movie that could possibly be about all three shows into one. Could be the most anti-climatic ending in history. Lets just leave it where it is.
                          you make a good point some shows planned endings have been horrific if sgu ends with a brilliant cliffhanger atleast you can leave the rest to your imagination.
                          sigpic
                          The best written female character on trek ever.

Comment

Originally posted by chrono trigger View Post
                            you make a good point some shows planned endings have been horrific if sgu ends with a brilliant cliffhanger atleast you can leave the rest to your imagination.
                            True, but I still want more.
                            sigpic
                            MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
                            "...phu...ah..."
                            "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
                            Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

Originally posted by Duneknight View Post
                              The ending will suck hard regardless, there has yet to be a show similar to SGU that knew how to end itself.
                              Babylon 5!

Comment

Working...
                              X