PDA

View Full Version : hail mary pass to save sgu

jdog
April 5th, 2011, 07:14 PM
merge it with atlantis,

they find a new planet to power the gate but there is no facility and they dont have time to build one so they fly atlantis in and use it as the supply line. bring in a few new cast members, give it a slightly lighter tone without doing away with destiny, bring in some more LA issues....boom soft reboot that aims at a larger audience.

magictrick
April 5th, 2011, 08:39 PM
I hope the pass gets intercepted.

If there ever is a connection made and established with Earth or Atlantis it would defeat the whole purpose of the show.

Greenfire32
April 5th, 2011, 08:57 PM

If there ever is a connection made and established with Earth or Atlantis it would defeat the whole purpose of the show.

+1 internetz

General Jumper One
April 5th, 2011, 09:17 PM

:indeed:

carmencatalina
April 6th, 2011, 05:55 AM
merge it with atlantis,

No, no, no. Please keep my tasty chocolate away from my tasty bacon. Or my tasty bacon away from my tasty chocolate. (Is SGU chocolate or bacon here? Bacon, I'm thinking. SGA can be chocolate.)

MattSilver 3k
April 6th, 2011, 06:08 AM
Hey, I had a reply that worked fine before getting deleted: No. Just no. It won't happen, at all, and even if there was a chance, just no.

knowles2
April 6th, 2011, 06:43 AM
No , just no,

If anything SGU needs to get darker. An Atlantis needed to be much much darker from the outset.

chrono trigger
April 6th, 2011, 06:58 AM
i dont think it would be a good idea as they are two very different shows that just wouldnt go well together, not to mention how expensive i reckon it would be. also sga/sgu fans rarely agree about anything to do wth stargate these days so you would end up with people complaining one show was being more favoured than the other.

Greenfire32
April 6th, 2011, 08:59 AM
you would end up with people complaining one show was being more favoured than the other.

We already have that, but I agree.

Duneknight
April 6th, 2011, 10:50 AM
atlantis cant leave earth, its protecting it.

garhkal
April 6th, 2011, 01:42 PM
merge it with atlantis,

they find a new planet to power the gate but there is no facility and they dont have time to build one so they fly atlantis in and use it as the supply line. bring in a few new cast members, give it a slightly lighter tone without doing away with destiny, bring in some more LA issues....boom soft reboot that aims at a larger audience.

And how do they get the planet's power into atlantis?

Kanten
April 6th, 2011, 02:30 PM
No , just no,

If anything SGU needs to get darker. An Atlantis needed to be much much darker from the outset.

To be fair, Atlantis started off well. Season 1 was going the right direction. From Season 2 onward it became "SG-1 in another galaxy with worse acting" and I got bored after Season 3 myself, I had seen it all before.

SGU was the one that made me interested in the franchise again, and it got mercilessly killed. This is why I almost never watch weekly series anymore.

Rail'k
April 8th, 2011, 08:33 AM
atlantis cant leave earth, its protecting it.
Uhh... read The SGA Novel Homecoming Atlantis made it's way back to Pegasus a while ago.

g.o.d
April 8th, 2011, 09:00 AM
To be fair, Atlantis started off well. Season 1 was going the right direction. From Season 2 onward it became "SG-1 in another galaxy with worse acting" and I got bored after Season 3 myself, I had seen it all before.

SGU was the one that made me interested in the franchise again, and it got mercilessly killed. This is why I almost never watch weekly series anymore.

indeed

themeatcleaver
April 8th, 2011, 11:00 AM
i was just watching The Siege of Atlantis -- which is gorgeous in itself -- and wondering how beautiful it would have been had the Universe visual effects guys done it in a Universe style. Just take that in for a minute :)

traylormatt
April 8th, 2011, 11:21 AM
So basically have a slightly remote ancient ship that can only be connected to the people of earth through one gate and enormous power meaning they have to be selective with how often they connect and have one of those gates on the city of Atlantis? This sounds like a new ide... Wait, no, no, this was done before, I am sure of it. I think it may have been called Atlantis. Probably need to go back and watch a few episodes though to make sure I am thinking of the right thing.

morrismike
April 8th, 2011, 01:32 PM
No , just no,

If anything SGU needs to get darker. An Atlantis needed to be much much darker from the outset.They probably picked up some spare light bulbs from the twin destiny.