Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

hail mary pass to save sgu

merge it with atlantis,

they find a new planet to power the gate but there is no facility and they dont have time to build one so they fly atlantis in and use it as the supply line. bring in a few new cast members, give it a slightly lighter tone without doing away with destiny, bring in some more LA issues....boom soft reboot that aims at a larger audience.

I hope the pass gets intercepted.

If there ever is a connection made and established with Earth or Atlantis it would defeat the whole purpose of the show.
    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by magictrick View Post

If there ever is a connection made and established with Earth or Atlantis it would defeat the whole purpose of the show.
      +1 internetz
      sigpic
      ____I reserve the right to be completely wrong about any topic I post on.

Comment

Originally posted by magictrick View Post

Comment

Originally posted by jdog View Post
          merge it with atlantis,
          No, no, no. Please keep my tasty chocolate away from my tasty bacon. Or my tasty bacon away from my tasty chocolate. (Is SGU chocolate or bacon here? Bacon, I'm thinking. SGA can be chocolate.)
          sigpic
          Goodbye and Good Travels, Destiny!

Comment

Hey, I had a reply that worked fine before getting deleted: No. Just no. It won't happen, at all, and even if there was a chance, just no.
            ~ When life gives you lemons, don't make lemonade. Make life take back the lemons back! Get mad! I don't want your damn lemons! What am I supposed to do with these? Demand to see life's manager! Make life rue the day it thought it could give Cave Johnson lemons! Do you know who I am? I'm the man who's gonna burn your house down! WITH THE LEMONS! I'm gonna get my engineers to invent a combustible lemon that BURNS YOUR HOUSE DOWN! ~

~ Burning people! He says what we're all thinking! ~

Comment

No , just no,

If anything SGU needs to get darker. An Atlantis needed to be much much darker from the outset.

Comment

i dont think it would be a good idea as they are two very different shows that just wouldnt go well together, not to mention how expensive i reckon it would be. also sga/sgu fans rarely agree about anything to do wth stargate these days so you would end up with people complaining one show was being more favoured than the other.
                sigpic
                The best written female character on trek ever.

Comment

Originally posted by chrono trigger View Post
                  you would end up with people complaining one show was being more favoured than the other.
                  We already have that, but I agree.
                  sigpic
                  ____I reserve the right to be completely wrong about any topic I post on.

Comment

atlantis cant leave earth, its protecting it.
                    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by jdog View Post
                      merge it with atlantis,

they find a new planet to power the gate but there is no facility and they dont have time to build one so they fly atlantis in and use it as the supply line. bring in a few new cast members, give it a slightly lighter tone without doing away with destiny, bring in some more LA issues....boom soft reboot that aims at a larger audience.
                      And how do they get the planet's power into atlantis?

Comment

Originally posted by knowles2 View Post
                        No , just no,

If anything SGU needs to get darker. An Atlantis needed to be much much darker from the outset.
                        To be fair, Atlantis started off well. Season 1 was going the right direction. From Season 2 onward it became "SG-1 in another galaxy with worse acting" and I got bored after Season 3 myself, I had seen it all before.

SGU was the one that made me interested in the franchise again, and it got mercilessly killed. This is why I almost never watch weekly series anymore.

Comment

Originally posted by Duneknight View Post
                          atlantis cant leave earth, its protecting it.
                          Uhh... read The SGA Novel Homecoming Atlantis made it's way back to Pegasus a while ago.
                          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Kanten View Post
                            To be fair, Atlantis started off well. Season 1 was going the right direction. From Season 2 onward it became "SG-1 in another galaxy with worse acting" and I got bored after Season 3 myself, I had seen it all before.

SGU was the one that made me interested in the franchise again, and it got mercilessly killed. This is why I almost never watch weekly series anymore.
                            indeed
                            Stolen Kosovo
                            sigpic

Comment

i was just watching The Siege of Atlantis -- which is gorgeous in itself -- and wondering how beautiful it would have been had the Universe visual effects guys done it in a Universe style. Just take that in for a minute

Comment

Working...
                              X