Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Wasnt "Seizure" suppose to shed some light on Atlantis fate????

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wasnt "Seizure" suppose to shed some light on Atlantis fate????

When TPTB announced a cross-over episode they said that it would shed some light on what happend with Atlantis.
    And since the SGA movie was put on hold they had to re-write some aspects of "Seizure" to fit the story.
    But i didnt notice nothing about Atlantis, hell it isnt mentioned, only some character are mention by name.

Did i miss something?
    "Do you know what's the Chain of Command?? It's the chain i'm gonna beat you
    with until you realize who's in rotten command here." - Jayne Cobb

I too was disappointed that we didn't get a status update on the fate of Atlantis.

Perfecto!

Comment

Don't remember such promise.
      sigpic

Comment

I don't think it was so much a promise as it was expected by the fans since the SGA movie seems to be in a developmental hell of sorts... not even putting in 1 line about it, to me, seemed like a bit of a **** you to the fans tbh

But Ive kinda that feeling for years from tptb, that really they don't consider their fans to be any smarter then the average bear (the forest variety, not the older gay gentleman sort)
        I dunno what to put in here now..

Comment

Originally posted by Egle01 View Post
          Don't remember such promise.
          Whether such a promise was made or not, it was not unreasonable to hope for or even expect some sort of update on Atlantis.

Perfecto!

Comment

Originally posted by Puddle-Jumper View Post
            I don't think it was so much a promise as it was expected by the fans since the SGA movie seems to be in a developmental hell of sorts... not even putting in 1 line about it, to me, seemed like a bit of a **** you to the fans tbh
            I wasn't bothered by that. It was an episode of SGU, after all.
            sigpic

Comment

I don't remember them saying that the episode would shed some light on what happened to Atlantis. Anyone have a quote?

Comment

The only thing I can think of was that Mallozzi said that the events of "Seizure" meant he needed to make some changes to the script for the SGA movie, but that they were minor changes to timing of some events, that sort of thing.

I don't remember him saying anything about Atlantis updates in the episode.
                sigpic
                Goodbye and Good Travels, Destiny!

Comment

Originally posted by Egle01 View Post
                  I wasn't bothered by that. It was an episode of SGU, after all.
                  Ya it was an episode of SGU, but it was also a cross over, like the writers could have easily thrown in a sentence about Atlantis, and a sentence about Jonas and left it at that. Its not like Im asking for them to rebuild the set of atlantis, just a sentence.. you know "Hows things on Atlantis? ahhh quite,we moved back to pegasus but haven't started missions yet, just getting set up on a new planet.. theres been very little for me to do, Zelenka can handle most of it which frees up my time for helping destiny"

Whats that.. 15 seconds?

And as for Jonas
                  "Mr Quinn sends his apologies for not coming but he's been busy lately with X"
                  I dunno what to put in here now..

Comment

I think I remember JM in his blog saying something about that.

So disappointed. Yes SGU isn't about Atlantis or Jonas Quinn(I'll never let that down! ) but the show does take place in the same universe as SGA and SG1 sooo...yeah.

Comment

It's the lack of a Jonas mention that I'm most pissed off with tbh...

"Five Rounds Rapid"

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Major_Griff View Post
                        Whether such a promise was made or not, it was not unreasonable to hope for or even expect some sort of update on Atlantis.
                        Same could be said about hearing something about Jonas.. but neither were promised.

Comment

Pretty sure Joe specifically said it wouldn't.

Comment

I can't blame them. What if they said something in Seizure and then changed their mind for when the movie actually gets made? I don't care. It's SGU with a few SGA characters in.
                            sigpic
                            Stargate Destiny - Coming Again Soon

Comment

I think you can infer a few things about Atlantis from it though. For example when they try to convince mccay to go to destiny if the dialing works and he says "you can pick your own assignment" one would assume that Atlantis is basically in storage not an active project by hwc thinking.

Tim

Comment

Working...
                              X