FTL dropout and stones?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

FTL dropout and stones?

why didn't the FTL dropout that jin caused, not cut the stones temporarily?(i expected this to cause a big issue back on lagonna(sp?))

thoughts?

Originally posted by slicer4ever View Post
    why didn't the FTL dropout that jin caused, not cut the stones temporarily?(i expected this to cause a big issue back on lagonna(sp?))

thoughts?
    GINN.

Anyway, they either fixed it, or it did happen just that the switch would have disorientated the Langarans and by the time they realised that they had come back it would have been over.

Comment

They just didn't bother showing it. Ginn took up the entire bit of screentime in which it mattered. Thse few seconds wouldn't have mattered on Langara. They'd be too disoriented to take advantage.

Comment

I was expecting to see the soldier and administrator freak out on Langara for 4-5 seconds and then suddenly become calm again when they switched back with young and scott.

Comment

The FTL dropout happened in the virtual simulation.

Comment

Originally posted by AutumnDream View Post
            Did it? I thought they dropped out in the real world as well. But it was a little unclear, I have to rewatch the episode (I was going to do it anyway ).

Anyway, my guess is they simply didn't show it because it didn't serve the plot. The Langarans have no experience with the stones and would probably not be able to use the few seconds effectively.
            sigpic

"Were you expecting Stairway to Heaven?!"

Comment

Originally posted by AutumnDream View Post
              I don't think that's correct - the way I saw it, Ginn forced the drop-out to distract Perry or something so she could speak to Eli. That's how Eli knew what to do.
              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Lahela View Post
                I don't think that's correct - the way I saw it, Ginn forced the drop-out to distract Perry or something so she could speak to Eli. That's how Eli knew what to do.
                Correct.

Comment

Originally posted by Lahela View Post
                  Yep, 100% correct. Just finished my rewatch and this is exactly what happened.
                  sigpic

"Were you expecting Stairway to Heaven?!"

Comment

Maybe they showed briefly the interference, but the moment got cut from the episode...
                    sigpic

Comment

Jumping on someone for a name misspelling is dumb. If someone cares about SGU enough to be on here posting something, and a first comment at that, it would be good to hold out welcoming arms.

That said, very good point about JIN and the dropout.
                      sigpic
                      Teal'c: "Appearances may be deceiving."
                      O'Neill: "One man's ceiling is another man's floor."
                      Daniel: "A fool's paradise is a wise man's hell."
                      O'Neill: "Never run with...scissors?"

Comment

How did Ginn shut down the FTL drive if they are only in a simulation?
                        Or - was Rush only in a simulation, and Ginn and Amanda have control to the ships systems (before being quarantined).

Also, can they be brought out of quarantine?

Comment

The simulation was isolated from the main system, but otherwise Ginn and Perry could access the main systems to an extent.

Comment

Someone was a sleep at the wheel. SGU is usually really good about these things.
                            I love SGU and I even like the other two SGU prequel shows

Comment

Im thinking they just skipped over showing it.

Comment

Working...
                              X